Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Empking wrote:1. Nobody debated the acuracy but its ireelevance to finding scum (y'know the fact that nobody could answer it satifactory.)
2. If Merkabh's answer was acceptable to Merkabh he wouldn't have stalled and tried not to answer it.
3. Again nobody said it was hypocritical. I saidf it was scummy.
I am so confused as to what you are trying to say then. If Merk couldn't answer his own question, his reasoning for thinking you were scummy would be somewhat out the window. I don't feel he stalled, but that is more personal opinion than anything else. Hypocrisy is something I have found scum having done previously, but is not excruciating reliable.

@Empking: What do you think of Karma at this point in time? His opportunistic vote on you? Also, are there any previous behaviours of Merk that you find scummy or is it that singular comment?
Oopidstay wrote:@ Paltry: Is Empking an acceptable lynch for you?
Empking is number three lynch for me at this point. I don't understand his case on Merk in the slightest... and his scumhunting consists solely of catching Merk on something I don't understand. Karma has been more inherently scummy though in my eyes. However, the vote by Karma makes me think he may be a town lynch accelerated by scum.

To pre-empt the question: Number 2 would probably be Hershey Kiss. It's hard to put into words, but the start to this day of both jumping on Muthaa so quickly seems off. HK seems lost and hasn't really provided any explanation for any of his thoughts. This 'lostness(?)' has translated from the null read I had earlier to a scummier one.

BTW Karma, if you're still around, please claim.
@Mod: Prod Karma. I know I just came back, but we have two replacements incoming, one absentee... Any progress on the replacement front? More than a July 12th extension? Both would be awesome-sauce.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Andrius »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
@Mod: Prod Karma. I know I just came back, but we have two replacements incoming, one absentee... Any progress on the replacement front? More than a July 12th extension? Both would be awesome-sauce.
Hey dudes of KyleVille. I'm serving as back-up mod for kyle99 until he returns tomorrow night.
I do
not
have the setup, so all I'm doing is doing votecounts and making sure you guys don't kill each other. (Besides from the lynch.) ;)

Kyle99 will be back tomorrow night, so he'll address the extension and replacements then. I was only told to do votecount
and proclaim a lynch. However, I could try and prod Karma from my end, since I have no ability to know if he picked up the first prod.

Anything for me?

Votecount to follow. If its not up within the next five minutes its because the family has lasso'd me into watching a movie.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Andrius »

[Day 2, Vote Count 2]

[Votes]

Empking
- (Merkabah, Karma)
Hershey Kiss
- ()
Kthxbye
- ()
Oopidstay
- ()
PaltryExcuse
- ()
Merkabah
- (Empking)
Muthaa
- (Hershey Kiss)

Not Voting
- (Kthxbye)

[Activity]

has received his first prod. (Though I may do another.)
I'm still trying to find replacements for
Kthxbye
and
Muthaa

[Deadlines and Additional Information]

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline stands at
July the 12th
at 10:00 PM PST.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Karma isw certainly more likely to be scum than not, but he's not as scummy as Merbakh.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Merkabah »

Oopid wrote:@ Merk: Would Karma be an acceptable lynch for you?
It is a lynch we could live with if it meant a town consensus. We certainly don't have a town read on him and Paltry is right that his vote does appear a bit opportunistic. I would rather he came in and said some things before I just hop on that wagon out of impatience.

The thing that continues to bother me about Empking, and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but the point remains, is that he's doing nothing to further the game. Even his little attachment to our question to him is old hat at this point. Empking, as lurky as he is in almost any game, does actually put effort in when he's town in my experience. I'm seeing none of that initiative in this game.

If it comes to deadline, you can count on our vote for Karma, but for the time being it will be staying right where it is.

Also, as a game note to the mod(s), please begin searching a little harder for replacements if you can. Bump the replacement notice in the queue if necessary or even begin PMing people you are good with on MS to beg their assistance. It's getting a touch on the ridiculous side to keep playing this game with only half the players posting.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Karma

I'd like everybody to read Merkabh during the night but he's clearly not going to be lynched today.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Merkabah »

lol, read me for what? Again, keep talking in vague terms. Just highlights your scumminess.

Karma, you're at L-1. Claim or die.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Wow. Really, guys?

Somebody hammer, for god's sakes. Let's not no-lynch here, please.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am

Post by kyle99 »

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline stands at
July the 12th
at 10:00 PM PST. I will not grant another deadline extension.

Thanks to Andrius for filling in for me while I was gone. Even though it was for such a short time, it was nice to know that nothing majorly bad was going to happen when I was gone.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:45 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Merk? Could I have some reassurance that a lynch will happen today? Anyone else who isn't voting Karma?
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Empking: What do you think of Karma at this point in time? His opportunistic vote on you? Also, are there any previous behaviours of Merk that you find scummy or is it that singular comment?
^^
Answers please. What exactly am I looking for in Merkabah?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Empking »

His hatred of answerring questions for one. It looks to me like he regulary dodges questions he's afraid will incriminate him. Read his posts and then tell me that he doesn't try and dodge out of answering questions and that he doesn't try and play tricks on the town.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 am

Post by kyle99 »

[Activity]

Muthaa
Mykonian replaces
Kthxbye

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Due to the replacement, deadline has been extended by one day to
July the 13th
at 10:00 PM PST.
Last edited by kyle99 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:05 am

Post by mykonian »

kyle99 wrote:

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline stands at
July the 12th
at 10:00 PM PST. I will not grant another deadline extension.

Thanks to Andrius for filling in for me while I was gone. Even though it was for such a short time, it was nice to know that nothing majorly bad was going to happen when I was gone.

OK, I was already at page 3 or so, when I got Kyle's pm back. I saw this on the last page. I can read this game easily, but there is no way my fresh analysis will have any effect on a town that is this lazy. Because, as far as I know, today is the 12th.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Merkabah »

Empking wrote:His hatred of answerring questions for one. It looks to me like he regulary dodges questions he's afraid will incriminate him. Read his posts and then tell me that he doesn't try and dodge out of answering questions and that he doesn't try and play tricks on the town.
I didn't dodge my own fucking question. The point was that I was obviously doing all the scumhunting at that point and you were doing nothing. Asking my own question back was you trying to look busy and if you think I'm going to be fooled by that, then you have a very low respect for my intelligence.

Regardless, you live another day.

Unvote, Vote: Karma

Bang, Bang. You're dead. You had you're chances and we're not no lynching. Welcome myk, bring some good analysis in the morning.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 am

Post by kyle99 »

[Day 2, Vote Count 2]

[Votes]

Empking
- (Karma)
Hershey Kiss
- ()
Kthxbye
- ()
Oopidstay
- ()
PaltryExcuse
- ()
- (PaltryExcuse, Muthaa, Oopidstay, Empking, Merkabah)
Merkabah
- ()
Muthaa
- (Hershey Kiss)

Not Voting
- (Mykonain)

[Activity]

Muthaa

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Karma (Vanilla Townie) was lynched Day 2.

Night will last 72 hours or when all night actions have been received. If I do not receive your night action by July 15th at 12:30 PM PST, you will not use an action that night.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Battle Mage replaces Muthaa.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:45 am

Post by kyle99 »

Amished, 1/2 of Merkabah, has replaced out, leaving VP Balter in Merkabah's spot. He will now be posting with VP Balter's account instead of Merkabah's account.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 am

Post by kyle99 »

[Day 3, Vote Count 1]

[Votes]

Empking
- ()
Mykonian
- ()
Oopidstay
- ()
PaltryExcuse
- ()
VP Balter
- ()
Battle Mage
- ()

Not Voting
- ()

[Activity]

No prods are currently needed and no one needs to be replaced.

With
players alive, it takes
to lynch.

Hershey Kiss (Jailkeeper) was killed Night 2.

Day Three will last until
July 27th at 12:00 PM PST
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's mylo bitches. Empking is scum and we need to have a mass claim today. I'm going to read the thread at some point and try to see if hershey left a breadcrumb for who she jailed N1.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, short iso made that easy. Looks like it was Muthaa, aka Battle mage. Emp and battlemage scum team FTW.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Actually, whether or not Battle Mage/Muthaa was jailkept N1 doesn't necessarily make him scum. N1 lasted for the full 3 days and ended in a no-kill. N2 lasted one day and resulted in a kill. It's quite possible that the scumteam simply did not get a kill submitted on time for N1.

I support massclaim today as well.

Empking is my #1 at the moment, but I'm not ready to lynch yet. Some rereading is probably in order here.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 am

Post by mykonian »

can't really blame your for lynching Karma, after 4 pages I was already on him.

Our JK was the only one not going full for him, but for Muthaa.

Now, if I was a JK and I had blocked a kill I would know that I had 50% chance the guy was scum. Voting him could make something happen. This incriminates Muthaa. Added to this the reason Hershey mentioned: congratulating the doc. But Muthaa wasn't the only guilty of this: Oopidstay started with
interesting night...
. I'd have to read Oop again, (it is midnight now), but he started rather weird, right?

Anyway, Oop attacks Karma, and then votes Hershey for the same reason (lol?) this is at least buddying, and could be a chainsaw (tar) defense.

These are the two I would think to be scum now.

I disagree about Emp. I have played with him before, have seen him multiple times are scum (as mod and as player), and this is not his scumplay.

Oop is the way to go. I am not going to gamble on 50% and I will reread muthaa tomorrow.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

Post by mykonian »

Oopidstay wrote:Actually, whether or not Battle Mage/Muthaa was jailkept N1 doesn't necessarily make him scum. N1 lasted for the full 3 days and ended in a no-kill. N2 lasted one day and resulted in a kill. It's quite possible that the scumteam simply did not get a kill submitted on time for N1.

I support massclaim today as well.

Empking is my #1 at the moment, but I'm not ready to lynch yet. Some rereading is probably in order here.
theory
agree with VP
agree with VP
I am first waiting what the others do.

You really are good at starting a day well. You know what, I'll see if I can make a case on you now.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:42 am

Post by mykonian »

Oopidstay wrote:
Karma wrote:Repeatedly calling my reasoning crappy just makes you scummier. Just because you say "wah wah wah it's not a scumtell i'm not scummy" doesn't make it so.
Given that I've explained why what I'm doing isn't scummy and you have given no proof to support your accusation (that I'm nervous scum and that's why I'm changing my votes), I think I'm validated in saying your reasoning is crap.

@ Muthaa: It's been a good while since the game started. Empking has only one post, and it's a vote on someone who's been generating a bit of controversy for the same reasoning given by other people. This is worth checking out.

And what the hell? I
know
Karma's
initial
vote on me was random, and that he supported it with "reasoning" later. What does this have to do with anything? It looks like you put that in there just because it makes me look scummier.

Do you know how to read, Muthaa? Because Empking's post quite clearly says "Vote: Oop - flipping." I never said he didn't give reasoning. I said he piggybacked off of someone else's reasoning and has added nothing since.

And once again, I never said giving crappy reasoning was a town tell. You're just putting words in my mouth. You continue to put words in my mouth, along with bringing up an irrelevant point that, when phrased a certain way, makes me look bad.

FoS: Muthaa
the overeager voter suddenly FoS's
Is it possible that we caught scum this quickly on Day 1? My gut screams for me to hammer, yet my mind is still in disbelief. (Assurance factor: I don't plan on hammering until more discussion is had.)
this was the second post where he said he wasn't going to hammer yet. Brilliant, he is so making sure that he is protown and letting people discuss...

Then his first post day 2 is "interesting night..." I have already stated I think this is scum adjusting to the fact that the kill didn't go through and waiting for the rest to think of something new before he sticks his head out.

This isn't very coherent, but I really need my sleep now.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

mykonian wrote:I disagree about Emp. I have played with him before, have seen him multiple times are scum (as mod and as player), and this is not his scumplay.
His actions aren't pro-town. I'd like links to compare with his scum game please. I just finished a game with Empking (I replaced in after his death) and Empking was immensely pro-town D1 and got NK'd N1. That is not this game in the slightest (even in terms of activity).

For a partner, I'm looking at Muthaa / Mykonian. Why? The way Empking goes after Merk/VP is ridiculous. I still don't understand it, and his reasoning is lacking in my eyes. Oopid is a strong town read from Day 1.

The problem with Muthaa stems from the lack of kill night 1. The JK was successful, one way or another, and it looks like he targetted Muthaa. However, the 'congratulating the doc tell' is a crappy one and one I will never subscribe to. Muthaa hasn't played an aggressive game in the slightest, but still comes across as very new.

Mykonian replaced in for someone who was constantly away until they got replaced. With a null read, as in NOTHING to actually read, everything remains to be seen.

I think Empking should be the next lynch.

About the massclaim: why aren't we NLing and then claiming to give tracker another chance? Mafia has a 1/4 possibility of hitting him and that little bit of extra info may well be worth it. If we aren't NLing, massclaiming is obvious.

@Oopid: Who is #2 scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”