Newbie 958 ~Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: I'll do a PBPA of Nobody Special when I get home.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Incognito »

Ah ok. That makes sense.

Also, wow, this new feature of post review is pretty cool. If someone posts something new after you hit submit while you're replying to a thread, it'll make a comment "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." Nice. :D
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Incognito wrote:It's eerily quiet.

Zach, what are your own thoughts about my play here, and my play in that game we played together? Or do you not do meta?
Mostly I have my share of concerns. I think I've pointed it all out already. The case you put forth on Earlder on day 1 was over stuff I didn't find particularly scummy. (Though I recognize that I replaced in after Earlder flipped so I've written this off.)

The other real concern was the quick hammer after the cop claim and the way the hammer went down. The source of my concern there is a scum player who might be looking for and both need town cred. I'm pretty satisfied with the explanation you gave for this though.

What I remember from our previous experience together was that your play in that game gave me a town vibe and I ended up feeling pretty blindsided at the end that you were scum. (So I could see you more likely to be town in this game because your play is less solid and perfect, and also the circumstances that SD tried to cast weak suspicion on you.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Nobody Special wrote:
From what I've seen of Zach, he's a pretty ballsy player and I would not put this past him. Thoughts?

Zachrulez wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Today? It's the reason why I never really picked up the "case" against him. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky considering what happened instead) LC never was in real danger, maybe because he replaced out and Equi is a reliable town read.
You mentioned him pretty minimally yesterday as well. Your interaction with Equi post claim does seem to have a presumption of her innocence. That and the fact that your reasoning for investigating LC matches up with something you said about him earlier in the game. (I think on d1.) In the absence of a counterclaim, I believe the claim.

That would leave me, CT, Incog, nobody special, and BrianJ. What are your thoughts on all of these players? Do you still suspect me the most?
This post raises some warning flags for me: It seems very likely that a scumpal would "help" by pointing out a supposed breadcrumb of their partner. Also, Zach is extremely ready to believe SD's claim. I can tell a planned strategy when I see one. (I've been there.)
Why did it take you so long to bring this up?

What happened to your suspicions on Incog? You never elaborated on them.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Incognito wrote:Nobody Special, I'd like your thoughts on the complete game interactions between remouk and Shadow Dancer/Alta. Thanks.
Here they are:

To start with, Alta(SD) votes remouk(Zach) in RVS. Nothing substantially odd there.

Then, Alta(SD) calls out remouk(Zach) as prime suspect.

Final Alta(SD) post is still tunneling on remouk(Zach).

Then SD (hmmm) apparently randomly votes remouk(Zach).

This post by SD is either blatant coaching of remouk(Zach) or... not. This one, too.

And it goes on. I get your point. Either Alta AND ShadowDancer were both bussing the hell out of their partner, or remouk(Zach) is town.

Since the first possibility is so highly unlikely, I have to go with the second.

Incog's pointing out of this, to me, moves him toward a town read.

So.

That leaves us with either Equinox (probably) or CT (less probable).

A question, please, for both Zach and Incog:

If you had a gun and had to choose, who would you shoot? CT or Equinox?

Once I see those answers, I have a fairly long post prepared.

(Also, Zach, I see your posts; I'll answer your questions in a bit.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Nobody Special »

It has occurred to me that I am at L-1, and if I'm wrong, I could be dead before posting this. (I was going to wait for those answers I just asked for, but I'd feel very bad if I got hammered before posting this.)

So, in the interest of helping town, here's my case:

I had this thought, based on something Equi posted, and started reading.

Equinox wrote:
Incognito wrote:I'm thinking that Coach Travis is town. I just can't see any reason why Shadow Dancer-scum would place a Coach Travis hypothetical buddy at L-1 at the time that SD did.
Oh, I missed this. Considering that the case against Coach Travis was fairly viable, I'm going to go with this, based again on process of elimination.

Vote: Nobody Special

This is L-1. Nobody hammer until we've heard from Nobody Special and Zachrulez!

Coach Travis's "town cred defense" makes me go ._. because I generally hate those kinds of defenses, but... I'll just run with it. He's actually posting stances now, which looks a whole lot better than what I saw in Day 1 and early Day 2.

From a quick skim, Zachrulez's defense of Shadow Dancer's cop claim is kind of odd. I'll have to read through those again, but (WIFOM ALERT) I doubt he'd do that sort of thing as scum, seeing as he knows I lynched someone for doing that in a game he modded.
>_>
Read the bolded part, bearing the following in mind:
Equinox wrote:I think I'm due for a post...

Progress-wise, I have nothing to say. My stance remains.

I wouldn't immediately write off Nobody Special reading his own posts as a suspicious action, though. He was in a lot of games until just recently, so it's not unusual that he'd forget what this game was about or what he thought of it.

What is more intriguing to me is that he did it after Incognito's questions. That's something I would have done
before
reading new posts in a game that I don't really remember... o_O

Eh. The case on Incognito is still worth seeing.
I find it quite odd that Equi is both defending me and voting for me. I also think she is using my game-overload to her advantage; my theory is that she might think that the above-bolded part might catch my eye, and in my rush, I would latch on to Zach -- and, at at least one point, that seems to have worked. But I have more time now, Equi. :twisted:

EquiTown would have
no reason whatsoever
to defend me if she thought I was scum. I refer you to Newbie 940. (NS!scum vs. Equi!town.)

I think that EquiScum would seize an opportunity to not make an entirely rabid case on me, since EquiScum would KNOW for a fact that she is framing a town. (In the linked game, when EquiTown knew I was scum, she did not let go. She was rabid. This is not EquiTown we're seeing here.)

Also, this post -- subliminal slip?

Vote: Equinox
....what?

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 3.4

Nobody Special (2)
- Coach Travis, Equinox
Equinox (1)
- Nobody Special

Not Voting (2)
- Zachrulez, Incognito

With five players alive, three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Thursday July 22 at 07:07 UTC.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Incognito »

@Zach: Fair enough.

@Nobody Special: I haven't been able to read through your case in as much detail as I'd like yet especially since you linked to another game, but to answer your question, if I absolutely HAD to choose between those two, I'd probably shoot Equinox. CT just doesn't seem like scum to me at this point. Equinox doesn't really seem like scum to me at this point either, but I feel less sure about her than I do about CT.

My order of suspicion goes something like this: you > Equinox > Coach Travis > Zachrulez
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Coach Travis »

The case against Equinox seemed weak, and I've never been big on metagaming, so never went through the other game with the two of them. All of Nobody Special's attempts to make a case on someone so far have just seemed like a scum trying to misdirect the town because he knows he's pretty much done, and is just stalling. And I have heard of people "defending" others they vote for, because you don't need to think every single thing someone does is scummy to think they are scum. You just need to think the scum posts outweigh the town ones.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special wrote:I find it quite odd that Equi is both defending me and voting for me. I also think she is using my game-overload to her advantage; my theory is that she might think that the above-bolded part might catch my eye, and in my rush, I would latch on to Zach -- and, at at least one point, that seems to have worked. But I have more time now, Equi.
I defend people if I feel someone's attack on them is unjustified. Since we're already in WIFOM territory, if I'm trying to get a mislynch, shouldn't I be trying to use Zachrulez's accusation to lynch you? Neither Equitown nor Equiscum have a reason to defend you.

Oh, and don't selectively pick stuff from 940. The context of my attack on you was a fake cop claim from your roleblocker and an obviously fake doctor claim from you. We were in LyLo, and if I got lynched, the game was lost. Even if I had something to defend, I would not have done it.

We're not in LyLo.
Equinox wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Although I would like to ask how SD's name got into the quoted person slot rather than Coach Travis.
Honest mistake. I was thinking of Shadow Dancer while I was posting that quote and made a substitution error. (That quote is impossible to misrep anyhow.)
Does this look like a Freudian slip to you? (Correction included in quote tag.)
[s]Shadow Dancer[/s] Coach Travis wrote:Though I agree that because of the extended deadline, we should at least give SD some time to claim, no need to rush and get a mislynch.
This is amusing. First, you sling mud at Incognito and promise a case. Second, you sling mud at Zachrulez and promise a case. Third, you sling mud at Equinox and bring a half-baked case. Keep going. :D
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, I managed to read through the game that Nobody Special linked to and as far as I could tell, the two situations are so vastly different that I don't think they can be used in any way as a point of reference to determine how an Equinox-town would always act. In fact, in the early game of that Newbie 940 game, Equinox looked fairly similar to how she's looked here - it was only later on when her back was against the wall that she led the attack against NS-scum and his fake-claiming buddy for obvious reasons (NS's buddy had fake-claimed a guilty on Equinox-town).

And the "subliminal slip" thing... I can't at all see how that could be interpreted in that way. I'm pretty sure other people have mistyped people's names in this game; are we going to scour through the thread and try to call those things subliminal slips too?

-~-~-~

Nobody Special's constant, quick changing of opinion leads me to believe he isn't really concerned with genuinely finding out who's scum, and he's more interested in just surviving. Does anyone object to me hammering, or does someone have a compelling enough reason to believe NS is town? Cuz I'm thinking he's our guy.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I, obviously, object to you hammering me.

I think the mis-attribution by Equinox is substantial, but.

I just don't know anymore.
....what?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Equinox »

It's really quite simple.

I was thinking of Shadow Dancer while typing up the post. I type up the tags and paste posts into them as I go, so sometimes I'll be thinking of phrasing while doing the quotes. The result is a substitution error.
Equinox wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:Though I agree that because of the extended deadline, we should at least give SD some time to claim, no need to rush and get a mislynch.
If you think Shadow Dancer is scum
, then you shouldn't have to worry about leading a mislynch...?
Emphasis mine.

You accused me of trying to misrepresent earlier. Now you're accusing me of accidentally letting this slip. Which is it, Nobody Special? Did I do this on purpose, or was it an accident?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I think, knowing what I've since read and interpreted, that you slipped. And now I think you're just making thread-noise to distract from yourself.
....what?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Equinox »

Answering a direct accusation is thread noise?

(That said, this very post is thread noise. Heh.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm fine with a Nobody Special lynch at this point. He's much more likely than anyone else to be scum from everything I've seen.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, I really can't object to hammering Nobody Special at this point. I don't see him being able to convince me he's town. Obviously things become complicated if he is town, but I'm very confident he's scum, and hammering him will result in a town victory.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Incognito »

Well then let's do this, son.
vote: Nobody Special

Game ovah
(I hope)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, game is not over.

Re-read my case on Equinox. I'm sure it's her.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Oh, and:

BAH!!!!!

It was my own fault, anyway; I fumbled the ball and never got any good ground under me afterward.
....what?

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Incognito »

Could be tricking.

/waits for Nika-mod
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Yes, I could be.

But I'm not.
....what?

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Nikanor »

Day Three Final Vote Count

Nobody Special (3)
- Coach Travis, Equinox, Incognito

Equinox (1)
- Nobody Special

Not Voting (1)
- Zachrulez

With five players alive, three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Thursday July 22 at 07:07 UTC.

----------

Today the whole of you decide that Nobody Special is the one to go. It looks like being purple doesn't decrease your chances of being lynched.

You string him up, and see that he was nobody special, just a regular old townie (with emphasis on the "old" :P).

Nobody Special
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched day three.

It is now night three. Deadline falls on Thursday July 15 at 06:38 UTC.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

Today, the last three of you wake up groggy-eyed. Off in the distance, you see a burning boat floating off to sea. That crazy viking Zachrulez, he set up his own viking funeral!
Or he's trying to escape and the boat just happens to be aflame. Who knows?

Zachrulez
-
Vanilla Townie
-
Killed night three.

----------

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting (3)
- Coach Travis, Equinox, Incognito

With three players alive, two votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Friday August 6 at 22:30 UTC.

Sorry about the late opening. I've been forgetful lately. :C
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Equinox »

Ugh. My least favorite part of the game: LyLo.

I will need to read both Coach Travis and Incognito in isolation. I have a lingering suspicion it's Incognito based on some of the things he's said and the undeniable WIFOM that the IC is still alive, but I'll go through all the posts to make sure.

This is going to take a while, though. Please don't vote unless you are willing to bet the entire game on your guess.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”