Newbie 960 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Netopalis »

That's...out of character for you, Equinox. You don't normally back down so easily.
FOS
for that, although I still think that Sotty or IAI is the best play for today.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Equinox »

This game has been out-of-character for me, Netopalis. I'm not sure why you're so surprised.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:01 am

Post by andrew94 »

Netopalis wrote:IKD was lynched on D1. He was a townsperson. Seriously, read the bloody game.

wtf did you even get what i posted?

@equinox shes makaing another classic example of how easily she backs down.

i find equinox sus cos she always makes a cast at someone that backs down? (she doesnt back down easily apparently)
vote ]quinoix
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:03 am

Post by andrew94 »

also, i think iai equinox and scooty 2 of them are wolves cos it says '4 to lynch' and 3 already on neto so just one jump in and can make the ratio 4.2 then 3.2 after night

but since no1 jumped in after they wolf?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Just curious.

Both Netopalis and Nikanor have accused I Am Innocent and Sotty7, yet the two of you are on separate wagons. Why is that?

andrew94, you were suspicious of Skill006/Netopalis earlier? What changed?

...and why are you going along with the townie wind?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Netopalis »

I think Sotty is a better play, but I'd settle for IAI since we're coming up to deadline. I'll switch in ample time.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Nikanor wrote:
Neto wrote:Welcome, Nikanor. I look forward to reading your analysis.
Ahahahaha. That's a good one, Neto. ME, write an ANALYSIS?

Anyway, I read pages 20-24, and I see that IAI is scum, probably with Sotty7. The fact that Sotty attacks IAI for legitimate points but doesn't vote him (when she's not voting in the first place), and then votes Neto (a town read for me since Tittiboo) for what I feel is comparatively less is weeeeird and consistent with scumbuddy play.

Let's lynch IAI first, though, since I'm more sure of him.
Vote: I Am Innocent.
Sotty7 wrote:But seriously, what makes you more sure on IAI? I had my argument with him for the set up speculation, but other than that he has felt really town to me. You say you are more sure of him over me, but you don't really explain why, where you have some (all be it bad) reasoning for suspicion on me.
Yes, I too would like to see what makes you so sure.

If Neto thought he was likely to be lynched today, as the early pressure indicated, now would be the time to distance from scum. ToG, Nik's predecessor was listed as the #2. We haven't heard squat since then as he has dropped him from the list.

I am leaning towards a Neto/Nik team right now myself. My vote stays on Neto.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Nobody asked me for my case on ToG, so I didn't prepare it. I was asked to make cases on you and Sotty, so I did. If you would like a case on ToG, now Nikanor, I'd be happy to make one.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Equinox »

I don't recall a reason why you suspected ToG, so... yeah, post a case. Doesn't have to be a wall of quotes.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by andrew94 »

what townie wind?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

andrew94 wrote:what townie wind?
You're following town consensus. When suspicion was on Equinox and Skill006, those were who you suspected. Now that suspicion is on Equinox, I Am Innocent, and Sotty7, you're accusing them.

Don't do that. For all you know, you may be following the mafia.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am

Post by andrew94 »

errr im accussing equinox all the time and now even more cos of your backing down.

i accused the ppl on the wagon or neto
either ppl on wagon are wolves
or neto is wolf.....
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Equinox »

/facepalm
andrew94 wrote:either ppl on wagon are wolves
or neto is wolf.....
You're accusing people because they're on bandwagons?

Is there a reason why you think bandwagoning is a scum tell?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Equinox, I really don't understand you backing down on Neto at all. If you're concerned about deadline anyway, how do you go from refusing to budge to unvoting in a couple of hours and even saying you'd be open to us lynching you?

Neto: my stance is that Equinox is definitely my number one suspect. I'm having serious doubts about how genuine her suspicions are after this recent turn of events.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Here's the thing.

Netopalis's and Nikanor's slots were my suspects before they replaced in, and suddenly their suspects coincided. Either they're actually that blatant, or I'm screwing up somehow. I'm looking at the latter as the more likely possibility, so I'm going to look at where the cases against I Am Innocent and Sotty7 are.

Deadline is on Saturday, so I have time to at least do that.

As for going from a solid stance to an unvote -- I know this doesn't explain squat, but thoughts can change in a few hours. I just thought about it and unvoted.

I'm open to my own lynch because I'm seeing a significant amount of people (3) who have doubts about my alignment. If we lynch scum today, fine, but that's not a guarantee. (Hell, most of you are on wagons I see as town reads.) I'm thinking that if I flip, you'll lynch the real scum in LyLo because you'll be worrying about one less suspect.

I'm a bit hesitant with this option, though, because of andrew94. The way he arrives at conclusions can really lose us the game... but that's out of my control, so whatever.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Netopalis »

Andrew is indeed problematic. While I think he's town, it could just be the fact that we'd never really know if he were scum....

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:I'm open to my own lynch because I'm seeing a significant amount of people (3) who have doubts about my alignment. If we lynch scum today, fine, but that's not a guarantee. ( @#!*% , most of you are on wagons I see as town reads.) I'm thinking that if I flip, you'll lynch the real scum in LyLo because you'll be worrying about one less suspect.
Ah, the Wolframhart move in Newbie 924. He stepped aside cause he knew that if he made it to LyLo the townies would have lost.

I see a difference here. First of all, your moves/questioning D2 have been very pro-town, so I don't think you are scum like I did with Wolf in 924... :oops:

Second, there are two scum left, and if you are townie, two of the three who "have doubts about [your] alignment" could really not have doubts at all. Just saying.

I do not feel that an equinox lynch is our best move today, nor do I feel it would answer a bunch of questions.

@ Equinox, what questions do you feel would be answered?

Off to an amusement/water park for the rest of the day, will check either late tonight / early tomorrow.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Equinox »

I don't think any questions will be answered except my flip. I'm sucking a lot of energy here that should be focused elsewhere. (Yet I continue to play the way I do... that's my fault. I'm working on rectifying that.)

Not to mention if I survive to LyLo -- and there is no doubt in my mind that I will -- all the two scum need to do is to tell andrew94 to vote. The first and only person he'd vote is Equinox. That is a recipe for disaster.

I am by no means giving up. I intend to find scum today. If we lynch scum today, that's great; we get another go. It's just that with all the wagons and suspicions thrown every possible way right now, chances are much higher we will mislynch, and I'd rather that mislynch be me.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am

Post by andrew94 »

Equinox wrote:/facepalm
andrew94 wrote:either ppl on wagon are wolves
or neto is wolf.....
You're accusing people because they're on bandwagons?

Is there a reason why you think bandwagoning is a scum tell?
/facepalm
i explained earlier that 3 ppl were voting neto , only 1 more vote and his out! so any wolf could have voted and got rid of him right....
so either neto is a wolf therefore his partner doesnt wanna get rid of him, or 2/3 ppl on the wagon are wolves....
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Equinox »

Why did YOU not vote Netopalis, then? Are you a 'wolf' with him?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Okay. This is where I look at Netopalis. Again.

In 572, Netopalis presents his list of reads. These can be summed up as:

[*] andrew94 is town.
[*] NomDePlume is town.
[*] Sotty7's attacks on Equinox are hollow.
[*] Equinox is difficult to read.
[*] I Am Innocent does not actually contribute but pushes for lynches.
[*] ToG does not actually contribute but pushes for lynches.

However, he orders his suspects as Sotty7, ToG, and I Am Innocent. No reasoning for this order yet.

Then comes the quote walls, which is rather uncharacteristic of Netopalis, from what I can tell.

I will need to read I Am Innocent in isolation (but the sheer bulk scares me), but what this looks like is Netopalis picking cherries.

In 578, Netopalis explains his suspicion against Sotty7. Basically, Equinox is not suspicious. If I remember correctly, nothing in Equinox's play changed between 572 and 578, so there was no reason for Netopalis to suddenly solidify his read on Equinox when he claimed to be having trouble earlier. This is followed by a quote of a huge wall that is hardly representative of Equinox's play in 960.

I believe this shoots down Netopalis's credibility with the quoting.

In 582, Netopalis continues to list Sotty7 and ToG or I Am Innocent as suspects. I think I Am Innocent pointed out a bit later that Netopalis posted only the one case against Sotty7.

In 583, Netopalis posits his wagon is based on inactivity. Been there, done that. "Buddying isn't really my style" strikes me as odd, though. It really isn't, yet he chose a scummy townie (Equinox) to defend, hence Sotty7's and my accusations of buddying.

Also addressed was the reordering of Netopalis's suspects list in 593 with little explanation.

More quote walls about Equinox's play, which I think I've addressed.

In 602, we learn Netopalis is actually
wavering
on the Equinox read. From this isolation read, he's gone from neutral to town to how-can-you-not-see-this town to... light town spiced with paranoia. I wouldn't mind this so much if he were referencing current play rather than past play, but he's been quoting things from a more distant past than I care to remember. He clarifies somewhat in 605 that he thinks I'm town because I've given up opportunities to do scummy things. That's a bit of WIFOM.

A series of one-liners about how I Am Innocent ignored Sotty7 that I'm glossing over for the moment mainly because I have yet to actually look into I Am Innocent... which is due to me tagging them both as town reads. I don't think this is a valid point, though, as it involves one player's flip, and it can also be town following town. Sotty7's been leading, so it's not surprising that we have a bunch of other town following him. I don't recall anyone (besides a light accusation of tunneling from me and maybe a different accusation from one more) ever attacking Sotty7 until Netopalis came along.

Hmm... 620, 621, 622, 626, 629, and 630 are interesting. 621 (I Am Innocent) doesn't really address 620 (Netopalis), and 622 (Netopalis) mocks 621 (I Am Innocent) with an explanation in 626 (Netopalis). However, 629 (I Am Innocent) does a good job of clearing up 621 (I Am Innocent), and Netopalis remains skeptical in 630.

661 is a willingness to switch to I Am Innocent. Eh. I don't see too much here, except that there already was an interaction between Nikanor and Netopalis that may or may not be game-related. Keep tabs on this.

673, true, nobody is going to go out and say, "I am scum!" That doesn't mean quotes can't be more relevant. If you can't find any quotes that may be more relevant to your case, chances are there aren't any.

I find it a bit humorous that Netopalis FoSed me for jumping off him when that was the whole point... but eh. I'll acknowledge that my jumping off was uncharacteristic and was not the correct action to take by any measure.

What I should have done was stick to my guns.

It may be too early to speculate pairs, but I'll run with it anyway: If Netopalis flips scum, chances are Nikanor will, too. I say this based on his addition of ToG to his list of suspects and never actually posting a case besides the one-liner. Possible distancing with potential to upgrade to bussing.

Coming up if I make it in time: Isolation read of mb53/ToG/Nikanor and I Am Innocent, in that order.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote: Netopalis

Even with this vote, at least consider my proposal of a chain lynch of Equinox and Netopalis.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Equinox: I feel that your post contains a bit of a misrepresentation. My very first non-check-in post listing reads of all players stated that I was
unsure
about whether you were town or scum, but that you were the clearest thinker of the group. I also said that did not point to alignment. I was asked to defend the "clearest thinker" issue and posted that wall of text, still maintaining that I was unsure about whether Equinox was scum or town. I have maintained that position throughout my time in this game. I lean town, but it's not a guaranteed thing. Given that I have 3 other suspects, though you're not that pressing. No, I'm not sure whether you're scum or town. If this were any other game, I'd lean scum. Since, however, we have 3 players that I find
extremely
scummy, 1 player that is clearly not reading the game and 2 players who just replaced into the game and haven't said much, I tend to think that you're the least of my worries.

This also leads me to an excellent point about Sotty. Take a look closely at his posts in regards to my point about Equinox. He asks me why I found Equinox's play insightful, then dinged me for it on buddying. He asked me to point out a reason, then said I was doing more buddying. It's a clear case of someone trying to make a point from whole cloth.

You DO bring up a good point, though - I forgot to post a case on ToG. I will try to rectify that tonight or tomorrow.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Equinox »

If my post contains any misrepresentation, I apologize. It was based on my understanding of your reads of Equinox, which appeared contradictory to me and still does. You assert that you lean town yet you left your options open with the unreadability comment. Now you say you lean town but would have read me scum in any other game. I realize you have other suspects, but... yeah, I still don't get it.

I'll take a closer look at the accusations Sotty7 made against you.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Read my posts in isolation, specifically my first 7. They are completely consistent.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”