inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

HezLucky wrote:Haha. I'm always in favour of breaking the game.
I'm here. Unvote: Mr. Flay since that vote is nothing but random.

Personally, I would rather NOT have someone directing what everyone does at night. Let's leave a little bit of mystery to the mafia eh? After all, we aren't quite sure what powers they have.

Claiming will be interesting later on in this game. I wonder if there are any non-vanilla civs.
:?
:idea:
:arrow:
vote: HezLucky
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:11 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Ah, but it's not the same thing you see.

Breaking the game was referring to the no lynch strategy where we got lots of nights at the expense of only one town.

Since we aren't breaking the game, I am opposed to being simply "told" what to do. Removes the surprise element, which removes the "fun" ... you should know that inhim, you seem opposed to breaking "fun" in these games.

Gamebreak comes first, but if we aren't doing that I'll be damned if I'm gonna be bossed around by a plan I don't think is any better than whatever I wind up doing.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:28 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Whoa. Totally didn't realize we decided to not go full-force ahead with the breaking. Your post makes sense, now.
unvote
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:54 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

cc, d_rouge, Iammars, MoS, mlaker, roland, and swinkee desperately need to stop lurking. I also wouldn’t mind hearing more from Bamboo and dybeck.

Thok:
I’m not about to disagree with your call against lurking, but there is something intriguing about [117] which I’d rather not point out just yet...

Astronaut:
Astronaut [119] wrote:<snip>We don't know that the barbarians can build roleblockers, and he wouldn't be able to cancel more than that specific night's development.<snip>
That’s what I had initially assumed as well. However, roleblocker units have *2* abilities; the unit-targeting ability would nullify the town’s development. And while we don’t know what barbarians can do, we don’t know what they can’t. And I don’t see anyway to figure this out without antitowns generously spilling their own abilities.

Flay:
Mr. Flay [120] wrote:<snip>You don't feel that I know my own alignment? I'm not sure of you and Thok being scum or town, all I'm saying is that you don't appear to be on the same side. That means one of four things in my world.<snip>
Erm, no- I’m quite willing to concede that you are probably well aware of your own alignment. But I was wondering how you seemed to have narrowed to options 1 or 2 [or the side case of 4]. That is, if you aren’t confident of either Thok or my alignments (unlike, for example, myself), on what basis are you suggesting that only one of us are innocent?

As for my “quick abandonment”, see above. I agree with your suspicions about dybeck, but I am much more suspicious of Thok.
Mr. Flay [cont.] wrote:<snip>Did we ever decide how to proceed tonight? Every civ for themself?
I haven’t had a chance to recalculate the math, but it seems like coordination would be potentially bad long-term but good short-term. Right now I’m leaning towards "every civ for themself" but I’m not sure enough to fully endorse that just yet.

Puzzle:
Puzzle [15] wrote:Correction to my question : who cannot build units yet ?
Could you please clarify what you were asking here?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by VisMaior »

if he didnt want to break the game he should have voted for one of the people sugesting it
What? You think a disagreement on a breaking-nonbreaking issue is sign for scum? It is not, so why should he voted for one?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:38 pm

Post by Puzzle »

EmpTyger wrote:Puzzle:
Puzzle [15] wrote:Correction to my question : who cannot build units yet ?
Could you please clarify what you were asking here?
You may as well forget about it.
I got the idea when seeing Astronaut's post #9, where I got the impression he was in fact trying to question the all-cop idea, and would have nailed anyone coming up with "I can't". Swinkee took the cheese from the trap a bit before, so that won't work anyway.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:47 am

Post by d_rouge »

Sorry for lurking, I'm trying to follow the discussion but I find it very difficult in large games where there's a lot of people.
Anyway, what I think of the setup is what a lot of people has already said. That is, since we don't know what scum is able to do, we shouldn't go straight for no lynch. This assumes that scum is somewhat able to build untis or block someone's ability to do so and that's a fair thing to assume for the moment, I think.

As for a coordination of night actions, I still haven't made up my mind, but for the moment I don't see a reason why everybody shouldn't just build cops. I might understand the willingness to self-protect with doctors, but the point here is to win, not surviving, and we have to find mafia for that. I'm still not sure if it's better advancing to the next era or not, I'll think about that.
World Champions!!!
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:59 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

but if we survive night kills from the mafia then we will be in better shape.

but i think a combo of both could be healthy, mafia targeting people and getting about a 50% chance of it getting a correct kill.

but i dont think we should coordinate our actions. that just lets the mafia know who to target and outthink us.

Vismaior - i think roland, if he strongly disagreed with the breaking of the game he could have shown his disproval by voting the person who is giving it. insteaded he lurks and keeps a random vote.

FOS Hez

scared when i called roland out?
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:16 am

Post by VisMaior »

Vismaior - i think roland, if he strongly disagreed with the breaking of the game he could have shown his disproval by voting the person who is giving it. insteaded he lurks and keeps a random vote.
There were quiet a few poeple disagreeing and a few agreeing with it, yet they did not brake into a vote-the-opposition fest, I understand the logic behind why you think he should have voted, but seeing as others have also not voted I dont think that was very scummy either. Except for the lurking.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Sire, the votes stand as follows:

inHimshallibe: 2 (rolandofthewhite, armlx)
Thok: 2 (EmpTyger, VisMaior)
dybeck: 2 (Puzzle, Mr. Flay)
rolandofthewhite: 1 (rajrhcpfreak)
HezLucky: 1 (d_rouge)
swinkee: 1 (Thok)

10 to lynch.

Retractable deadline 3 pm GMT, Monday October 24th.
Some people will be prodded.
Last edited by SinisterOverlord on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, crud. I'll be away by the time deadline rolls around. Time to call out those in the lurk.
vote: swinkee
Show

:

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:22 pm

Post by Thok »

Any reason for choosing swinkee rather than the other lurkers, inhim? I had already voted him and he did make a post, even if it was short and contentless. While I'd like to see swinkee post more, your choice bothers me.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

swinkee wrote:I'm here, I'm here. I've been reading along with the thread, and oddly enough had nothing really to say. Bad tendency of mine, just like responding immediately after being called out for lurking. I'll reread the thread and put out my thoughts soon.
The "readers along" are the ones that bother me. And yes, you voted for him, too. That helps somewhat.
Show

:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

is that his only post??
Show

raj's to do list:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:55 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

There's one more.
swinkee wrote:Just throwing a couple of ideas out there: Is it possible that the mafia don't have units? Is it possible that the mafia are assigned units each night? Because I've played Civ 1 and III, and in neither did the barbarians ever build units, and only rarely were even able to capture cities.
Interesting if you take it from the standpoint he could be mafia in this instance.
Show

:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

he doesnt even give a stance on the no lynch... i have been bad in this game on jsut reading along sometimes. but you have to give your opinion on the most important issue in this game... to break or not to break...

i hate to do this but
unvote roland

vote swinkee
Show

raj's to do list:

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:55 pm

Post by HezLucky »

We have a deadline. Am willing to unvote if something new comes up.

Vote: swinkee
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:56 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Bandwagon= fun
unvote: Hezlucky, vote: Swinkee
World Champions!!!
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:29 am

Post by dybeck »

lurking then jumping on a bandwagon is worse than lurking.

vote: d_rouge
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:40 am

Post by VisMaior »

I think I agree with a bandwagon here. The game is dragging.
unvote, vote swinkee
IGMEOY Thok.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:25 am

Post by Puzzle »

Unvote, vote Swinkee
. That is the 7th.

I've always wanted to lynch a lurker on day 1. Way to go. :) . (Yes, I know it sounds incredibly scummy but it's true. Also, this is not an invitation to do so blindly).
*Hopes for claim and counter-claim*

@ Mod : retractable deadline, correct ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:28 am

Post by VisMaior »

I've always wanted to lynch a lurker on day 1.
Been there, done that. And a godfather, no less, too. :)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

There seems to be a whole lot of nothing building on swinkee. Lurker voting I'm all in favor of, but suddenly 7 of 10 needed? I smell barbarian hordes... which aren't "fun" in my world.

Unvote: dybeck, Vote: d_rouge.

FOS: VisMajor, rajrhcpfreak, Thok, inHim,
and to a lesser extent
Puzzle and HezLucky
. Obviously if swinkee turns up scum I've just painted myself red, but there's something fishy about all of this.
Retired as of October 2014.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:29 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:personally i dont like the way roland is playing at all. every game im in hes lurking and posting the bare min just to keep out of the town's eyes.

I dont want that here and it looks like he playing that way agian.

Inhim has 2 votes.... one of them is a random from roland....

i thought that we are past the random stage...
if he didnt want to break the game he should have voted for one of the people sugesting it. then we are leaving the no lynch phase and to more suspiscious people and roland has kept his random vote. not voteing or not changing your vote is the easiest way to keep people happy. your not going to make people mad by voting for them

If we are going to get rid of lurkers then lets get rid of roland... hes infavor of playing the hard way. and hes not being bold in speaking his mind (atleast is who he thinks is scum). i can see in other games if you have a power role you would try to not attract attention to yourself, but in this game we are all equally powerful.

In themes i think there is a different way to play the game. like in wild west we use the duels to our advantage. or in this game we no lynch a round to get our investigations and powers up.

vote roland for lurking and trying to hinder the town from getting investigations. remember a no lynch is helping the town, so people not voting or refuse to play the game that way has a good chance of being scum.
Pay attention, please. I've given my opinion on the breaking matter, and that seems to be the only thing that you guys are discussing. I vote for who I think is scum, and I don't think that wanting to break the game necessitates scum, which is why I haven't voted for one of the pro-breakers. However, if it makes you feel better,
Unvote
. When you guys actually feel like playing the game instead of arguing whether to break it or not, I'll start posting. Until then, I really don't feel compelled to do so. 8)
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:33 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

aargh! mind...overflowing...can't....think....nothing....to contribute.....won't....vote swinkee....don't see....good enough....reasoning....must....reread....this weekend....*collapse*
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”