Mini 982 - The Mars Volta Mafia(Game Over)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Incognito: Do you think that there's any way that DB is scum given his claim?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Incognito »

I don't really know. His claim seems to have too much power to clear people to be a scum role, but I recall seeing a scum role in one of Patrick's past games that seemed to benefit the town immensely and could have been really damaging if it lived past Day 1 and was able to claim at some point in the future. That's pretty much the reason why I'm not being quick to write him off as town. His role reminds me very closely of that one.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Incog wrote:As for Papa Zito's claim, it seems like some kind of Masonizer or something of that sort.
If he was masonizer then why isn't he mason with me or SK?

Anyway, it seems we have no roleblockers that claimed so most likely Papa/Neto is lying about their report which is still helpful because, if you can assume my role to be true then that makes Incog clear. This means that the only unclears (IMO) are Neto and Papa. (Zaj is a case all of his own, despite his playstyle, I still think he's town and is mostly clear from my PoV).

Finally, everyone here claimed and I'm not missing anyone, right?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Percy »

Hello everyone!

Vote Count:

Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) –
Me=Weird(0) -
Papa Zito(1) -

Doombunny9(0) - Me=Weird

Not Voting(5) - Incognito, Netopalis, Zajnet, Papa Zito, Doombunny9

FoS Count:

Incognito(0) -
Netopalis(0) -
Zajnet(0) –
Me=Weird(0) -
Papa Zito(1) -

Doombunny9(0) - Doombunny9

Not FoSing(5) - Incognito, Netopalis, Zajnet, Me=Weird, Papa Zito

Deadline: July 26th, 2010 6:00pm CST
With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch
Last edited by Percy on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Netopalis »

While it's possible that Zajnet or DB are lying, I think that the simplest explanation is that PZ is lying. I also don't like his previous response to my point about getting an extra investigation. How is that sloppy reasoning? It seems like a last-ditch effort...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Netopalis »

Upon further reflection, I think that it is necessary for us to no lynch today. That will force the mafia to kill and will open up some investigations. At this point, any player dying does help our analysis, and with the number of potential pro-town investigations, I think that is our best move. DB, I feel that your choice is obvious. M=W, if you'd let me, I'd like to write up a question that I don't think that the mod can weasel out of so easily. Overall, I think that this game is extremely winnable given the number of investigations and lynches we have remaining.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Incognito »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Incog wrote:As for Papa Zito's claim, it seems like some kind of Masonizer or something of that sort.
If he was masonizer then why isn't he mason with me or SK?
Well... yeah. But I mean in the sense that it looks like his role PM is extremely specific; like he's looking for one and only one particular person to masonize (and the person is scum-aligned). It kinda reminds me of a role that I saw in the game Mini 635 - WOMAFIA; in that game, I was considered a "boob mason" and Falcone was a "searching mason". He would have to PM the mod every Night and if he PM-ed the right name to the mod, that person would join him as a Mason and they'd then be able to night-talk.

-~-~-~-~

On the topic of no lynch, it sounds like a decent strategy on the surface, but what if the scum really do have a Roleblocker like we've begun to suspect? Assuming the investigators are both telling the truth about their role, couldn't they just Roleblock one investigator and kill the other, which would pretty much leave us in the same situation just down one person?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, this assumes that we do have a roleblocker. If PZ was lying, it's possible that we don't have one. If PZ was telling the truth, it gives him another opportunity to confirm his role.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Neto wrote:Upon further reflection, I think that it is necessary for us to no lynch today. That will force the mafia to kill and will open up some investigations. At this point, any player dying does help our analysis, and with the number of potential pro-town investigations, I think that is our best move. DB, I feel that your choice is obvious. M=W, if you'd let me, I'd like to write up a question that I don't think that the mod can weasel out of so easily. Overall, I think that this game is extremely winnable given the number of investigations and lynches we have remaining.
A NL could in theory work. If we do NL then we should still have 2 lynches (a mislynch and then lylo). Also, at this point, me, Neto, and Papa are more or less immune to mafia NK since if one of us dies, the two lynches could be used on the rest. However, its also safe to assume that M=W will be the one to die tonight.

I'm also thinking that Parama was the secret extra voter/FoSer that we saw yesterday.

Finally, as a test to see where this will show up on the vote count I will
Vote: No one
---> No one?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Netopalis »

M=W, try the following question:

"Is INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE a player or a member of a group of players whose win condition is not 'You win when the power of the White triumphs.', a win condition being defined as a situation in which the game would end with the player or group of players being declared a victor, winner or otherwise be considered to have been successful in their endeavors, a group of players being defined as a selection of at least 2 individuals participating within this game who are able to discuss the game during the 'night' phase of the game, and a player is defined as an individual who has posted within the game thread but is not a moderator?"

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Doombunny9 wrote:Also, why choose sera N3? What did you think that would accomplish?
Seraphim actually asked me if I was sure when I sent the PM. :D

Anyway, I have reasons. POWERFUL reasons. They mostly stem from looking up the meaning of my song. Here's the best interpretation I found (see here):
The beginning of the song is about the priest trying to exorcize the demon ("when she awakes will she still be with us?"). When she is in her exorcism-induced trance, the preist asks the demon how he came to possess the woman. The demon explains that the nun created him herself, by believing in the "Christ summoned through candle and bell." Basically, it says that she created him because she believed in demons so strongly, and that all religious and supernatural characters are figments of the imagination. They have "stuffed a voice" inside God, making their own dieties and demons that they now have to deal with.

Dissatisfied with this answer, the priest crucifies her and leaves her to die. The rest of the song is about her gnashing her teeth and spasing out in the dungeon (the vocal sounds remind me of an epileptic seizure) and then, finally, she dies. The last couple verses are about her body being taken out.
I read through all the mod's posts during the night, and it struck me that this interpretation is pretty close to what the narrator/mod is experiencing himself - trapped and tormented by demons. So looking back at my PM:
role PM wrote:As the Tetragrammaton, you have the ability to console living players and attempt to bring them to the side of the White. There is one player in particular you are looking for, a lost soul along the annals of life. He, however, must be open to your saving influence.
... this actually seemed to fit. We're all supposed to be spirits, but the narrator is a living person. I considered the possibility that Seraphim might be a 3rd-party player (ala Tarhalindur games) so I figured what the hell.

My current theory is that we have a 3rd-party survivor type who turns town if I target them. I dunno about masonizing anyone... that doesn't really seem to match the "bring to the side of the White" bit.
Netopalis wrote:"Is INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE a player or a member of a group of players whose win condition is not 'You win when the power of the White triumphs.', a win condition being defined as a situation in which the game would end with the player or group of players being declared a victor, winner or otherwise be considered to have been successful in their endeavors, a group of players being defined as a selection of at least 2 individuals participating within this game who are able to discuss the game during the 'night' phase of the game, and a player is defined as an individual who has posted within the game thread but is not a moderator?"
Holy crap. ITT: Neto goes internet lawyer.

Echoing earlier question: Are all claims on the table?

P.S. Those who think I'm lying that I didn't get anything last night need to ask themselves why I helped clear M=W and bussed my buddies. I'm serious here, I really can't fathom why everyone is casually discussing my lynch when so many of my actions have been pro-town.

P.P.S. We know scum have safeclaims from SK yesterday.

P.P.P.S. Two more Bedlam in Goliath claims? Weeeeeeeird.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Netopalis »

PZ: You're surprised? After all, I AM a law student...

All claims have been made.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@M=W: Expect a bill then.
Netopalis wrote:All claims have been made.
Sweet. With no counters that means Doombunny is clear. Congrats etc.

My best guess is Incog at this point. He tried to deflect the SK wagon yesterday (see 644).

Also:
Day 1 Zajnet wagon wrote:
Parama
(1) - MafiaSSK
Incognito(0) -
Cove(1) -
animorpherv1

animorpherv1
(1) -
Me=Weird

Zajnet(5) - Cove,
Parama
Raivann
, Incognito,
SaintKerrigan

My Milked Eek
(0) -
SaintKerrigan
(0) -
Me=Weird
(2) -
Doombunny9
My Milked Eek

NavyCherub
(0) -
MafiaSSK(0) -
Doombunny9
(1) -
NavyCherub

Raivann
(1) - Zajnet

Not Voting(0) -
Day 1 Lynch wrote:
Parama
(0) -
Incognito(0) -
Cove(0) -
animorpherv1
(1) - Cove
Zajnet(1) - Incognito
My Milked Eek
(0) -
SaintKerrigan
(1) - Raivann
Me=Weird
(1) -
SaintKerrigan

NavyCherub(0) -
Papa Zito(0) -
Doombunny9
(1) -
NavyCherub

Raivann
(7) - Zajnet,
Doombunny9
My Milked Eek
, Papa Zito,
Parama
animorpherv1
Me=Weird

Not Voting(0) -
Bolds are confirmed, not-bolds are likely cleared by the cop stuff.

@Doombunny, one question, why did you never target yourself and someone else?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Netopalis »

Wait a minute. Animorpher's safeclaim was a vanilla townsperson, and I think it's likely that, given the choice, most players would want to claim vanilla given the situation. That means that it's likely me or Incognito....meaning that I'm thinking Incognito. Unless I'm not telling myself something.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Incognito »

All right, look, I'm just gonna come out and claim since I really think my chances of winning this game are lower as my real role than they could be with the town. I've been PM-ing the mod who's thankfully been on at this time to check a few things before doing this but it looks like it might be my best bet.

I'm pretty sure Papa Zito is clear because I'm thinking he's a Psychologist. I'm not actually a Vanilla Townie; I'm a Serial Killer. It would've been nice to continue as a Serial Killer to try and win since this is my first time ever drawing the role, but it doesn't seem like my chances are as great as I hoped they'd be here. Here's my actual role PM:
Seraphim wrote:
Cerpin Taxt (from De-Loused in the Comatorium)

A man without eyes who wanders restlessly from corridor. On some levels, he is an imposing figures, striking down shadows with his sightless gaze, but other times he seems capable of great compassion. The worst part of his torture: he can see all the spirits and knows them all. He howls this, every night. 'I made you all!' 'I made you all!' 'I will KILL YOU ALL!'

As Cerpin Taxt, you may choose one player every night. That player will be banished from this realm, effectively killing them, barring any external influences. You may, however, not use this kill one night to pray at the cross instead, which may or may not have an effect on the game.

You win when you are the only player left alive.

Confirm via PM. Game is here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14225
On Night 1, I chose to pray at the cross. I thought praying at the cross would somehow grant me NK immunity because NK immunity was not an inherent part of my role. Instead, I got a PM from Seraphim saying (and I'm paraphrasing, since we're not allowed to quote actual PMs) that I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and that my desire to kill was beginning to lessen. My guess is that I needed to pray at the cross before I would ever be able to accept Papa Zito's "cure" for me or what-have-you.

On Night 2, I killed My Milked Eek. I was stunned to see only one kill but that's exactly what happened. I have no clue what happened with the mafia's kill that Night.

On Night 3, I tried to kill Zajnet but this is the weird part: it somehow seems like it got redirected to Parama. Surprisingly nobody pointed out the fact that Parama was cross-killed:
Seraphim wrote:
Parama, Cassandra Gemini (from Frances the Mute), of the White, reduced to aether and unmade Night 3
My kill flavor is "unmade" while the mafia's kill flavor is "reduced to aether".

So there you have it. I think we should lynch someone Today and Papa Zito should target me Tonight to convert me to Town. But with all of these claims and all of these cleared people, I think our chances could be really strong here. All of this is pretty much the reason why I've begun to think that Zajnet could be scum. The only thing that "clears" him is his Watcher claim which could have easily been a bus.

Discuss.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Netopalis »

Wow. That's....wow. Alright, then.

Not really sure how to proceed. PZ, are you a psych?

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Netopalis »

Wait a minute. Sorry, forgot PZ's weird roleclaim already. That would make sense.

Let's no lynch and use Incognito as a vig?

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Incognito »

I think it would be better if we lynched, and I killed since that would gain us a total of 3 shots to hit the remaining scum. Actually, I probably should have checked with the mod to see if my kill would still go through on the same Night I was converted, but I don't think the mod's on anymore.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Incognito »

Actually, he's on. Yeah, my kill would still go through in that case as long as something else doesn't prevent it.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Netopalis »

So....How's this:

Lynch Zajnet
M=W investigates me
DB switches himself and Zito
Incognito kills DB

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Neto wrote:"Is INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE a player or a member of a group of players whose win condition is not 'You win when the power of the White triumphs.', a win condition being defined as a situation in which the game would end with the player or group of players being declared a victor, winner or otherwise be considered to have been successful in their endeavors, a group of players being defined as a selection of at least 2 individuals participating within this game who are able to discuss the game during the 'night' phase of the game, and a player is defined as an individual who has posted within the game thread but is not a moderator?"
I lulzed.

In all honesty though, this does seem to be a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the "Get 75% of questions correct" offer again though or something like that.
Papa wrote:@Doombunny, one question, why did you never target yourself and someone else?
Actually, I thought of this after I made my last post. I guess I just kinda assumed I couldn't XD. Anyway, I PMed the mod about this and he said I couldn't.
Incog wrote:On Night 2, I killed My Milked Eek. I was stunned to see only one kill but that's exactly what happened. I have no clue what happened with the mafia's kill that Night.
My best guess is that the mafia killed MME as well. The N3 stuff I have no idea about.

Anyway, this is auto-win unless there's some weird ass stuff here. The only person who we don't know the alignment of for sure is Neto so today we lynch him and Papa uses his night action on Incog.

GG everyonez.
Unvote, Vote:Zajnet
--->Neto
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Screwed up tags

Unvote, Vote:Zajnet
--->Neto
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Incognito »

I'd actually like Zajnet to comment on all this before we decide on anything. I doubt the mafia targeted MME on Night 2 as well; the mod said that MME was only "unmade", which is my kill flavor. He said nothing about the aether stuff.

I really can't think of any reason why my kill would be redirected to Parama unless Zajnet is some kind of scum Nexus or something of that sort.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

Or... Doombunny could be some kind of busdriver? That would explain the choosing two people thing.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Incog: That wouldn't explain the MME kill.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”