Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:00 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Pomegranate wrote:(Also, Pie, there have been times when I haven't claimed at L-1 as scum.)
Yes, but in the few games I've played and some games I have watched, it's usually town not claiming due to having a PR, or wanting to be hammered so the wagon can be analyzed better, or whatnot. I've seen scum make crazy claims, or just claim vanilla, more than I have seen scum not claim at all. This alone doesn't get charter off the hook COMPLETELY, but he's also responding and asking questions and stuff, so we can discuss the idea of his lynch as time goes by. Whereas FG is just being scummy as all get-out and needs to die.

I think FG kind of claimed but he might want to be more specific.

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

AlmasterGM (1) - bv310
Brandi (1) - Charter
bv310 (0) -
charter (2) - Jarti FakeGod
FakeGod (3) - InflatablePie AlmasterGM Pomegranate
InflatablePie (0) -
Jarti (0) -
Kitoari (0) -
MaxMouse (0) -
Pomegranate (0) -

10 alive, 6 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 am

Post by charter »

For thinking I am scum, FakeGod sure is concerned in 364 that the mafia are (were) going to quickhammer me. It's almost like he's knows I'm town (since I doubt mafia would quickhammer themselves right now).

Lol, FakeGod wanting three people to claim. Obvscum.
Pie wrote:There's usually reasons why people don't claim, FG, and I haven't seen many instances where scum hasn't claimed at L-2/L-1.
I would never claim in a game in a scenario like this, where most of the people voting me haven't given a good reason. First you defend yourself, and if no one is buying your defense, and people threaten to hammer, then you might (depending on role) claim.

FakeGod's softclaim in his last post there is pretty suspect as well. "Oh, this dead person can confirm me, but Athey're dead so you'll just have to take my word for it!", yeah right.

I'm willing to hammer FakeGod. I've given many reasons I'm suspicious of him (and some more in this post) and he hasn't given any satisfactory explanation.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Brandi »

Based purely on meta, I would say I still don't believe FG is scum. He was incredibly scummy and portraying all sorts of obvscumtells in Furry, that it's hard to think he's much different here than there. I can provide links for anyone interested. LYLO was where he was most notably scummy. I wont support this lynch though, unless someone can show me a game they played with FG where he was scum and acted this way as well.

Anyhoo,
vote: Pom

Her vote on FG is the most opportunistic by far.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Brandi wrote:Based purely on meta, I would say I still don't believe FG is scum. He was incredibly scummy and portraying all sorts of obvscumtells in Furry, that it's hard to think he's much different here than there. I can provide links for anyone interested. LYLO was where he was most notably scummy. I wont support this lynch though, unless someone can show me a game they played with FG where he was scum and acted this way as well.

Anyhoo,
vote: Pom

Her vote on FG is the most opportunistic by far.
I think it's better than not voting at all ever.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Brandi »

Not really. Not voting is certainly better than jumping on every wagon that forms. It seems like you just want to get anyone lynched, and that's pretty scummy, sorry.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

First charter accuses me of criticizing every wagon, and now you criticize me for joining every wagon.

What do you mean by 'jumping every wagon'? Because I don't think I've been doing it.

Also, what do you think of charter?
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well there haven't been too many wagons. You were on the bv, charter, and now FG wagon. You were on Dramonic as well at the very very end but seemed hesitant against it. I suppose you were more of the ones pushing for Charter than just hopping on, however, so I'll give you that. The way you hopped on the FG wagon just seems out of place considering how much you seemed to want to lynch charter before.

I already stated previously that I'm pretty neutral towards charter. I don't really see him as scum, but if he is scum I would be more convinced that you are town.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Brandi wrote:Well there haven't been too many wagons. You were on the bv, charter, and now FG wagon. You were on Dramonic as well at the very very end but seemed hesitant against it. I suppose you were more of the ones pushing for Charter than just hopping on, however, so I'll give you that. The way you hopped on the FG wagon just seems out of place considering how much you seemed to want to lynch charter before.

I already stated previously that I'm pretty neutral towards charter. I don't really see him as scum, but if he is scum I would be more convinced that you are town.
I pushed the charter wagon (and still think he's probably scum), and I
STARTED
the bv wagon. That leaved FG, which I can understand you calling opportunistic.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Anyone know who Serenity's big brother is?

That's me, Joey. :)

and yes........we knew each other were confirmed town.

Feel free to go read Chronopie's posts in day 1.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by FakeGod »

and come to think of it, I don't think I have ever completed a game in here without going to L-1 at one point or another.

I guess I'm great at building a wagon on myself. :igmeou:

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by charter »

What is your role, exactly?

I can kind of see this making sense in a real vague sort of way. The biggest thing you have going for your claim, is that Chronopie hinted that he was a semi confirmable town role, which supports what you're claiming, but which is not what he flipped at all. The biggest thing against your claim is that Chronopie flipped Vanilla Town, which does not support your claim at all.

However, you still haven't addressed any of the concerns anyone has brought up against you. I'm currently going through an internal struggle of not lynching you, but then I keep thinking that if whoever gets lynched today isn't scum, you're the first person I'm going to look at tomorrow, in which case it makes a great deal of sense to just lynch you today and get it over with. A good start would be to respond to the reasons people are voting you for instead of hiding behind a shaky claim.

Needless to say, if anyone has evidence or a claim that FakeGod is just making this up, you should disclose that.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by charter »

And also if you can post any flavor that supports your claim, that would be helpful (of course check with the mod first so you don't get modkilled).
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by FakeGod »

so Charter, you don't believe me? alright I'll go paraphrase my role PM. Be right back.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by bv310 »

I have to admit, the thought of two confirmed townies in a Mini Theme seems unlikely.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Bah.

The connection is legitimate enough such that it cannot be dismissed, but it's also extremely convenient.

WHAT DO.

Preview edit: It's called MASONS (minus quicktopic), bv. Why is that so unlikely?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Because Chrono flipped VT, that's it. Let me think about this.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Paraphrasing.......

alright, my role PM says I am a VT and also a sibling. and then something about Brooklyn(?) and apparently I have no actual powers since Yugi saves my butt all the time. Also, I know my sister Serenity (chronopie) is town, but I cannot secretly communicate to her in any way.

I also checked with the mod pregame whether I or Serenity would suffer bad consequences (like dying the next night or something) if one of us was killed, but he said no, so we ain't lovers or anything like that.

We don't have any powers or penalties other than that we know each other is town.

Preview: we're not Masons, but just VTs who knows each other.. Chrono would've flipped mason if we were masons...

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

FakeGod wrote:so Charter, you don't believe me? alright I'll go paraphrase my role PM. Be right back.
I FORGET WHO, but somebody on this site has a signature along the following lines:

"It takes two seconds to paraphrase a role PM. Fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity."

More true words have never been spoken.

Nor have they ever been MORE APPLICABLE than RIGHT NOW.

BRB my ass. It doesn't take a 10+ min brb to paraphrase a role PM.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by bv310 »

AlmasterGM wrote:Bah.

The connection is legitimate enough such that it cannot be dismissed, but it's also extremely convenient.

WHAT DO.

Preview edit: It's called MASONS (minus quicktopic), bv. Why is that so unlikely?
Because basically confirming 2/12 players right off the bat seems overpowered, especially since one of our scum has already flipped as a Goon. Flavour-wise, it makes sense, but I think it sounds more likely as a scum fakeclaim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

oh cool, ninja'd. Now I just look like an idiot.

OR DO I.

I seriously doubt it took him 10 minutes to PARAPHRASE that.

Fake it?

10 min sounds about right.

NOT BUYING THE CLAIM.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

bv310 wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Bah.

WHAT DO.

Because basically confirming 2/12 players right off the bat seems overpowered, especially since one of our scum has already flipped as a Goon. Flavour-wise, it makes sense, but I think it sounds more likely as a scum fakeclaim.
I agree that it is fake but for totally different reasons.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by FakeGod »

are you serious, Alm? You don't buy the claim because I wasn't able to post it up in less than 10 minutes...?

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

FakeGod wrote:Paraphrasing.......

alright, my role PM says I am a VT and also a sibling. and then something about Brooklyn(?) and apparently I have no actual powers since Yugi saves my butt all the time. Also, I know my sister Serenity (chronopie) is town, but I cannot secretly communicate to her in any way.

I also checked with the mod pregame whether I or Serenity would suffer bad consequences (like dying the next night or something) if one of us was killed, but he said no, so we ain't lovers or anything like that.

We don't have any powers or penalties other than that we know each other is town.

Preview: we're not Masons, but just VTs who knows each other.. Chrono would've flipped mason if we were masons...
It's Brooklyn RAGE. What else?

There are linked roles called siblings- https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Siblings.

Inconsistencies:

1. Chrono flipped VT, not Sibling.
2. Siblings are similar to Lovers, and one commits suicide when the other is killed.

And it's DGB with the sig. Very true.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I'm aware how Chrono flipped, and I am rather surprised myself when she flipped without the sibling part.

and I was also aware of what usually happens when one of the siblings are killed, which is why I checked with RBT before the game started.

I was rather glad to know that even if one of us is killed, other would be unharmed.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by FakeGod »

oops, Chrono is a he.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”