Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Drippereth, MacavityLock, Super Smash Bros. Fan and CSL have been prodded

Checking for others now, also still no replacement. All potential replacements have gone dry soooo hopefully I'll find someone soon.
There are at minimum 2 scum in this group, most likely 3, and quite possibly all 4.
Benmage wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Right now my scum reads would be:
Benmage
For what reasoning?
It's just been a general uneasiness since the start of the game, just small things adding up. You had some exchanges with Rifka and Mina that I thought you came off the worse in, you admit to lurking, you don't stab CSL but you refuse to answer the question of who you did stab. On the plus side, if Dripp does flip scum, you were one of the earliest calling that, and you seem to be improving in the lurking. Your latest content was all useful. I'm least certain of you in my reads, hence you being at the bottom.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:32 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Locke wrote:I did not stab CSL.
Same question I asked Benmage on the subject (which was never answered) – who did you stab?
Locke wrote:I'm happy with a Dana lynch. I'll won't put him at L-1 just yet, I'd like to ask our Kinetic replacement a question first.
He’s answered your question and it’s just over 2 real-life days til deadline. Any reason you still are not committing to the lynch if you are “happy” with it?
I doubt wrote:He is a claimed powerrole, and if he is town, he might easily eat a NK(better than a mislynch). Even if he isn't town, we have strong reason to believe there are more than one scumteam so he might eat a NK anyway, as he is the only outed PR.
Mina wrote:Either way, although I'm uneasy about I doubt it, I agree with him that I'd rather leave dana alive to eat a nightkill. Hey, scum! The protown jailkeeper just revealed. Even better, if you're being sincere about your opinions in the thread, at least 75% of you think dana is scum. And if you're a Greyjoy and dana isn't one of your buddies...well, don't you want the Lannister roleblocker flip to distract everyone from looking for Raivann's buddies? Of course, it's probably too late for this plan to work, since everyone in the game has vocally declared how much they want to lynch him.
I am very uneasy with this line of thinking for two reasons.

1. You are relying on Scum (regardless of whatever hypothetical faction) to do Town’s job in getting rid of a player that a good number of the playerbase find scummy. That strikes me as not the best way to handle things for Town.
2. Dana survives the Night. Now what? Are we going to end up repeating the arguments and voting of today with a heaping topping of WIFOM to boot?

If either of you don’t find dana scummy that’s fine. Commit to that position. This tactic borders on a position that embodies fence-sitting.
Rifka wrote:What exactly is this there for but to eat space? You propose a plan to direct scum nightkill, then explain why that wouldnt work in the same breath.
How is this post not further indication of your active lurking? List of player you find scummy with support ASAP. Popping in to only question others without committing to a position on who is scummy isn’t scum-hunting.
Unsight wrote:
Benmage wrote:If you want dana lynched, and he's the leading wagon...why the hell aren't ya voting him?
That post was made 8 days before the deadline and would have put dana at L-1 (IIRC). I have no interest in seeing the day cut short when there's plenty to talk about.
It’s now 2 days til deadline. Is your suggestion that you support a dana lynch just fence-sitting since your vote is not on him?

I will be going on my regular weekend LA so I’m going to summarize my list of the players I find the most likely, IMO, to be scum.

Dana
CSL
Unsight
Rifka

@MOD – I’ll be LA starting today at 4pm EDT until Monday for my regular weekend family duties.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Benmage »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Locke wrote:I did not stab CSL.
Same question I asked Benmage on the subject (which was never answered) – who did you stab?
I did too answer this, so don't act like I'm ignoring you, it just wasn't an answer to your liking.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Mina wrote: I've already mentioned on Day One that I hate it when a townie explodes or reacts in an emotional and genuine manner and someone uses "AtE" as an excuse to ignore any towntells he's making.
Any relevance to dana’s situation?
Mina wrote: Yes, I'm aware of the irony that although I've been complaining about the sheepy "Vote: dana/FOS: SSBF" and "Vote: SSBF/FOS: dana" posts, at least two of my three top lynch choices (CSL,
Benmage
, and vezo) are
"easy targets
." (That said, there's someone else I'd like to draw some attention to if I have time.)
Uhhhh what?
Mina wrote: But you didn't think there was
something
weird about every single person in the game going after the same two easy targets?
Weird that everyones targeting them....you do know that towns the majority here.
Mina wrote:They're all over the place, they post a lot of noise (making them hard to read), and they commit a lot of "misplays" (for example, SSBF defending Benmage for no reason).
What SSBF did in regards to me was no misplay.
Mina wrote: but I feel as though Benmage's and CSL's inconsistencies were more cut-and-dry instances of "I'm making up scumreads as I go along because I don't care who we lynch as long as it's not me," whereas I could see dana's flip-flop coming from poor town.
:roll: See I hate having to s.p.e.l.l. everything out. But simply put I'm too good for something as poor play as this, so don't lump me in with this bad logic/play.
Mina wrote: Either way, although I'm uneasy about I doubt it, I agree with him that I'd rather leave dana alive to eat a nightkill. Hey, scum! The protown jailkeeper just revealed. Even better, if you're being sincere about your opinions in the thread, at least 75% of you think dana is scum. And if you're a Greyjoy and dana isn't one of your buddies...well, don't you want the Lannister roleblocker flip to distract everyone from looking for Raivann's buddies? Of course, it's probably too late for this plan to work, since everyone in the game has vocally declared how much they want to lynch him. :igmeou:
Too many 'ifs' here. But I'm not as closed to others being lynched as say Rich is...but the deadline is approaching fast and I don't foresee a successful wagon switch.
Mina wrote:dana and SSBF have both committed scumtells (although they've also made a couple of towntells), but I just don't get that feeling of naked opportunism I get with CSL or Benmage.
Explain or restate this naked opportunism please.
LynchMePls wrote:For those who are leaning Vezo scum, I'd like to call your attention to the three people voting him:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Vezipiraka (3) -
Danakillsu, Drippereth, MacavityLock
Pretty sure 2 of those 3 are scum, and the other very well could be too. Just saying. Of course they could be on different scum teams, but I was just rereading the day when I noticed this.
Yeah I was thinking Vezo as an alternative to dana, but I do not like those voting him.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Benmage »

Percy wrote:
@Benmage
:
Benmage 1271 wrote:Nor would I agree I lurked in this one.
Benmage 1271 wrote:What play style?
The one you've adopted for this game. I can't imagine the Benmage of WoT-mafia fame posting things like , for example.
What was so good about WoT-mafia anyways? The game was ages ago. The town lost. I was modkilled, and the mechanics of the game should've been a bastard setting. We didn't play mafia in that game we tried to figure out an unfigureoutable puzzle thats sole purpose was to distract us. It was pretty shitty.

And whats wrong with the post? Its got chutzpah in it if you ask me.
Percy wrote: The strongest read of Benmage I have at the moment is "trying to avoid attention". Not just in his overall lack of posting, but in what he says when he posts - very aggressive "look elsewhere, why are you asking me" posts and the like. I am liking Benmage for scum more and more.
Somewhat fair assessment, I haven't been quite as ballier in this game. But I think second half of this is a stretch.
Thor665 wrote: I'd support a dana, SSBF, and Benmage lynch and in that order.
How did I jump to 3rd on your scum list?
MagnaofIllusion wrote: 2. Dana survives the Night. Now what? Are we going to end up repeating the arguments and voting of today with a heaping topping of WIFOM to boot?
Good point.

And that concludes my more detailed reading since the stabbing.

My #1 is still dana. Vezo, too. I don't like Rifka, Unsight, Locke, Dripp, or ML..but I need to look into some of these some more.

I don't wanna lynch CSL, and I'd have to review SSBF before committing there.

(Oh and Mina...I don't think the word "passive" fits at all with my statement at i doubt it.)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Benmage wrote:
Mostly some of the interaction with Percy and myself from today. You seem to be going out of your way to be obtuse in all your replies. Being dodgy around questions always wiggles the needle on my scumdar. Also, just to clarify, you're only really making a shift of one spot on my scum list, and I'd still put CSL higher on the list then you but the list you quoted is a lynch list and I've explained why CSL isn't currently on it (stabbing).
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Mostly some of the interaction with Percy and myself from today. You seem to be going out of your way to be obtuse in all your replies. Being dodgy around questions always wiggles the needle on my scumdar. Also, just to clarify, you're only really making a shift of one spot on my scum list, and I'd still put CSL higher on the list then you but the list you quoted is a lynch list and I've explained why CSL isn't currently on it (stabbing).
Whose spot did I change lanes with again?

And what question from Percy did I dodge, and what question of yours did I dodge?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

You "changed lanes" with Drip (before you were in a scum cloud tied with Drip)

I didn't say you dodged anything, I said you were obtuse. Specifically off the top of my head I can recall the playstyle question Percy asked you, to which your reply was 'which playstyle?' You actually did this to a couple of Percy's points, basically asking for re-phrasing or clarification of questions prior to answering them. I recall similar energy from you in an exchange we had earlier in the day (I don't honestly remember the exchange topic - if it's really important to you I can go dig it up) The issue I had with it though, was again, this feeling of obtuseness with a required need for needing questions restated and clarified before you would answer them.

I'd expect town to be more comfortable answering things because they wouldn't be worried about being "caught" as it were. Your over-cautious nature and slowing down of the question process rings my scumdar.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

And in re-reading my commentary I see where you took dodgy to mean dodging. To clarify, dodgy is not synonymous with 'dodge'.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am

Post by CSL »

Sorry, I thought being stabbed and voteless means that I couldn't help town get a damned lynch.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

CSL wrote:Sorry, I thought being stabbed and voteless means that I couldn't help town get a Smurfing lynch.
Do you have any commentary on ongoing discussions? Theoretically your opinion can still be a functional tool if you choose to use it.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:40 am

Post by diddin »

Looks like I haven't posted in a while. My next post is going to be an ISO of MackavityLock because I don't remember very much of his posts and a few people have a scum read on him.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:You "changed lanes" with Drip (before you were in a scum cloud tied with Drip)

I didn't say you dodged anything, I said you were obtuse. Specifically off the top of my head I can recall the playstyle question Percy asked you, to which your reply was 'which playstyle?' You actually did this to a couple of Percy's points, basically asking for re-phrasing or clarification of questions prior to answering them. I recall similar energy from you in an exchange we had earlier in the day (I don't honestly remember the exchange topic - if it's really important to you I can go dig it up) The issue I had with it though, was again, this feeling of obtuseness with a required need for needing questions restated and clarified before you would answer them.
You said I was being 'dodgy'. I don't see anything wrong with clarification. Yeah If you got the time, rehighlight our exchange that was unsettling for you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:And in re-reading my commentary I see where you took dodgy to mean dodging. To clarify, dodgy is not synonymous with 'dodge'.
Did you not use it in the context of elusive? That I was in some sense avoiding questions? If I am incorrect here, choose a better word to replace "dodgy" that I can better grasp your intent/meaning.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Benmage »

LynchMePls wrote:It's just been a general uneasiness since the start of the game
The start... I thought I started strong.
LynchMePls wrote: just small things adding up. You had some exchanges with Rifka and Mina that I thought you came off the worse in
Can you be a bit more specific than just small things, please. Also what aspects of my exchange with Rifka did you like about Rifka and dislike about me.
LynchMePls wrote: you admit to lurking
In jest, do you believe I am guilty of the crime?
LynchMePls wrote: you don't stab CSL but you refuse to answer the question of who you did stab.
In what ways do you think there is an anti-town motive in not stating who I stabbed? Surely as scum to avoid unnecessary confrontation I could’ve named anyone or even simply CSL. What anti-town reasoning do I have to hide it? Or do you think I have to hide it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

Benmage wrote:
Thor665 wrote:And in re-reading my commentary I see where you took dodgy to mean dodging. To clarify, dodgy is not synonymous with 'dodge'.
Did you not use it in the context of elusive? That I was in some sense avoiding questions? If I am incorrect here, choose a better word to replace "dodgy" that I can better grasp your intent/meaning.
My intended definition is more akin to this one (from the link) "2. dodgy - marked by skill in deception" I also explained the scumtell I was feeling from it above, to help you understand where I was coming from.
Benmage wrote:I don't see anything wrong with clarification. Yeah If you got the time, rehighlight our exchange that was unsettling for you.
As noted, I explained specifically what part of your clarification attitude towards questions pinged me as scummy.

The rehighlight is here. Our white noise conversation. To be honest I'd forgotten some of our interchange afterwards which weakens the case, but my initial feel of it was that you were being really obtuse in a weird way. Probably an expansion of my negative feelings towards the vezo wagon and those who I thought were soft selling it, which I do think you were doing there to an odd amount.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:As noted, I explained specifically what part of your clarification attitude towards questions pinged me as scummy.
Right the interplay with Percy and asking him about my playstyle...Does his question even make sense.."adopt playstyle"...Who willfully thinks of adopting playstyles per game...I just play the game and various thinks affect it. RL and others actions specifically. What playstyle you using thor? What playstyle is anyone using...dumb question if you ask me. Dumb questions get dumb answers...the clarification was giving Percy the benefit of the doubt to clarify, which doesn't seem apparent.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:Probably an expansion of my negative feelings towards the vezo wagon and those who I thought were soft selling it, which I do think you were doing there to an odd amount.
Soft selling the vezo case...hmm. Odd amount (2 mid convo comments)…hmm… I suppose that could be assumed. But I don’t think I’ve hidden my dislike for Vezo, I just haven’t thrown out a spiffy campaigning case. I’m more interested with dana and don’t have the time for this side thing that at the moment I’m not as interested in.
Thor665 wrote: To be honest I'd forgotten some of our interchange afterwards which weakens the case
Do I still maintian my 4thclass 3rd lynch class rank?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:57 am

Post by hasdgfas »

hey guys, remember how we started out looking at SSBF? Notice how now that nobody's talking about him, he's vanished?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Benmage »

hasdgfas wrote:hey guys, remember how we started out looking at SSBF? Notice how now that nobody's talking about him, he's vanished?
No I don't remember. And seeing as your vote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:The fact that we managed to get rid of a Mafia Godfather is fantastic news for the town.
HI THERE MR SCUM HOW IS YOUR BLATANT SCUMTELL TODAY?

vote: SSBF
Doesn't scream case...you mind bulleting the case for me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh and cow, if SSBF is scum and you want to switch the wagon train....Time is of the essence.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Benmage wrote:Doesn't scream case...you mind bulleting the case for me.
1) he's scum
2) since we've been focusing on dana, he's disappeared
3) he's trying too hard to look town
4) he's scum
5) he decided to point out how good it was that a godfather died, when it's really obvious that it's good and pointing it out is only trying to get town points
6) he didn't vote for Raivann right away, instead choosing to FoS and HoS him before a vote
7) he's scum

that enough bulleting for you?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Benmage »

hasdgfas wrote:
1) he's scum
4) he's scum
5) he decided to point out how good it was that a godfather died, when it's really obvious that it's good and pointing it out is only trying to get town points
6) he didn't vote for Raivann right away, instead choosing to FoS and HoS him before a vote
7) he's scum

Pretty bad actually. 3 zeros and (2) doesn't fit into chronology. (3) is a bad statement...I mean explain more or highlight...Come on man its campaign time the hour is near! (5) is a weakass point I've seen town do this all the time. (6) Intent to vote, followed by (vote?) ...seems meh. I don't like FoS's or HoS's to begin with, do you?

Anything more concrete?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Benmage wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
1) he's scum
4) he's scum
7) he's scum

Pretty bad actually. 3 zeros and (2) doesn't fit into chronology. (3) is a bad statement...I mean explain more or highlight...Come on man its campaign time the hour is near! (5) is a weakass point I've seen town do this all the time. (6) Intent to vote, followed by (vote?) ...seems meh. I don't like FoS's or HoS's to begin with, do you?

Anything more concrete?
ISO him and tell me you can't see it and I can give you more.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Benmage »

hasdgfas wrote: ISO him and tell me you can't see it and I can give you more.
The time is near, you'd think if you thought him scum you could be more convincing. Why must I iso him if the information is readily available in your mind. I could walk away from the computer going meh and you'd be no closer to lynching someone you believe to be scum with a rapidly approaching deadline. This is some obstinate behavior I dislike. Do you even think SSBF is scummy?

What happened to this energy:
hasdgfas wrote: SSBF is just so incredibly scummy right now it's insane.
I suppose I could iso him, but I think I'm gonna analyze this SSBF wagon first to see if the voters hold the key or if the wagon has merit... for I am trying to campaign voters onto dana.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”