Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

FakeGod wrote:.....

are you serious, Alm? You don't buy the claim because I wasn't able to post it up in less than 10 minutes...?
Yup.

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

AlmasterGM (0) -
Brandi (1) - Charter
bv310 (0) -
charter (2) - Jarti FakeGod
FakeGod (4) - InflatablePie AlmasterGM Pomegranate bv310
InflatablePie (0) -
Jarti (0) -
Kitoari (0) -
MaxMouse (0) -
Pomegranate (1) - Brandi

10 alive, 6 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Unvote for now, mainly following my gut here. But I might revote; like I said, I need to think about this a bit.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Well, I'm Joey, and I ain't no scum.

Marik and his gang killed my sister! You people are heartless!
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Pom pointed out the main two problems with this claim. I don't buy it either.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Oops,
Unvote
. Forgot that. Hehe.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Jarti »

FakeGod why did you mention "Timeater" a yugioh card in your "willing to lynch" list? I checked Joey's decks: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Joey_Wheeler%27s_Decks & did not see the card listed there.

I had assumed it was a breadcrumble of some sort (hence why I didn't follow up with attacking your blatant rolefishing I pointed out today & instead re-quoted the post to see your reaction. When you blew it off the way you did I assumed it was a legit breadcrumble and pretty much cleared you at that point for it.).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Jarti wrote:FakeGod why did you mention "Timeater" a yugioh card in your "willing to lynch" list? I checked Joey's decks: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Joey_Wheeler%27s_Decks & did not see the card listed there.

I had assumed it was a breadcrumble of some sort (hence why I didn't follow up with attacking your blatant rolefishing I pointed out today & instead re-quoted the post to see your reaction. When you blew it off the way you did I assumed it was a legit breadcrumble and pretty much cleared you at that point for it.).
OOOOOH SNAP.

Jarti's hardcore knowledge of YuGiOh Lore - 1
FakeGod - 0
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Jarti »

charter wrote:Those are reasons that scum would bus. Yesterday, I was saying that I thought Dramonic was suspicious, but I was more suspicious of those voting him. I hadn't made any links between people, so I basically had a list of suspicious people, and Dramonic wasn't at the top of the list. I wasn't didn't have enough evidence to suggest that Dramonic and FakeGod were buddies. I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying, but basically I found some people suspicious, but for independent reasons.

Something else that I think everyone voting me is just plain ignoring, is what if I was voting for scum myself? You can argue that even so, it was useless because no one else was voting with me, but no one is saying that. I'm just being condemned for not voting a confirmed scum. I can see where that makes me suspicious, but it shouldn't be enough to lynch me over, especially since I don't see anyone saying or thinking that FakeGod is town.
See, that disconnect in thinking was why I started off toDay voting you. You had dramonic as one of your suspicions, but wouldn't throw your support towards lynching one of your suspicions because other people you were suspicious of also voted him. You yourself list reasons why scum could possibly bus dramonic, but don't take that into account for the dramonic wagon. If that were the case, it'd be hard for you to ever be on a lynch if you avoided all lynches with people you suspected on them, especially if scum voted each other. I think it's meh reasoning for avoiding a wagon. The reason I'm really grilling you for this is because your suspicions throughout the game have mirrored mine to a degree (originally I had Pom & Max as my early suspects, you hounded on them later on for reasoning I could follow easily, etc....). So when I saw the disconnect in your dram reasoning & that just so happens to be the player who flips scum, it makes you suspect to me.

Charter what do you think of the current Brandi v Pom exchange?
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Jarti »

Chronopie wrote:I'm getting Town Gut-reads from both Dram and FakeGod.
Chronopie wrote:FakeGod is a purely gut choice.
Chronopie wrote:Unless He's a 'Steve,' I doubt that Fg is scum.
Here's possible breadcrumbles from Chronopie. Note the last one. He says unless FakeGod is a 'Steve', then FakeGod isn't scum. Joey has his name 'legally-changed to Steve' in the YGO Abridged series and is temporarily under Marik's control. The breadcrumble does make sense for FakeGod being Joey Wheeler.

FakeGod, point to where you breadcrumbled D1 that Chronopie was confirmed town to you. I would like to see what you can point out.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Jarti »

RBT this is your unofficial Jarti reminder

Would your hair please duel Max & Kit into submission
Or prod them please <3
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by charter »

Real quick, I haven't read all this, but after thinking about it more, I do believe FakeGod, but I still think he needs to defend himself, because he hasn't done that.

Also, I would still like it if those voting me could say why they voted me instead of anyone else who didn't vote Dramonic.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 am

Post by FakeGod »

Jarti wrote:FakeGod why did you mention "Timeater" a yugioh card in your "willing to lynch" list?
Timeater's the replacement who never showed up. I thought he might show up if we threatened him a bit. :D

and I saw Chrono blatantly clearing me with his 'gut' choices, and I decided not to clear him back out in the open like that, because the two-way clear without any reasons would definitely attract some unwanted attention from both town and the mafia. I did soft-defend him with apparent abhorrence to pokemons (?), and among all the people I voted , I
never
voted him in day 1, even though there was a wagon on him on day 1.
FakeGod wrote: Thoughts on Chrono: the case against him is kinda weak and in addition, the man softclaimed. Plus, he's much more active than some other lurkers who are flying under radar. We need to move on.
That was when there was a wagon building on him. This is as close as I got defending Chrono without giving away that we're confirmed townies to each other.

Calling all touhou fans!
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Jarti »

wow @ timeater being a MSplayer whose name is a yugioh card

I don't want to lynch FakeGod; need to hear more from Max/Kit on current events/wagons & who they think the play for today is.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Jarti wrote:Joey has his name 'legally-changed to Steve' in the YGO Abridged series and is temporarily under Marik's control.
Being that Dramonic flipped as Marik, isn't it possible that the scumteam consists of Marik and Steves? So wouldn't this make FG a likely scum candidate if his role name is true?
Jarti wrote:
vote: Pomegranate

I say we kill him...in America.
dramonic wrote:Jarti claimed!

unvote
vote: Jarti

SCUMSLIP :D

XD
Bandit Keith became a Steve under Marik's control as well, IIRC. Of course, since dramonic was scum, he could be WIFOMing, but I think this is a solid theory.

Anyways, those statements can either be a breadcrumb or just thoughts by Chrono and there's no way of us knowing for sure. FG could still be scum - especially if the mafia are given fakeclaims; this is a Themed game after all. My vote stays. A nameclaim is not going to make FG's suspicious-ness go away.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Of course this implies that Jarti would be scum as well if that claim was true. Hrmmm... it would make sense since Jarti is defending FG so hard today.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Re
Vote: FakeGod
. Yes.

Pie, I don't think that your theory really proves Jarti as scum; it seems somewhat weak to me.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am

Post by FakeGod »

I'm back to L-1.

Point 1
: Charter's reaction to my wagon
charter wrote: I think Brandi is pretty likely to be scum. After Dramonic starts to seriously garner suspicion, she asks for a votecount, and hasn't said anything about Dramonic. I think this is probably pretty lazy scumbuddy action trying to see whether she needs to bus or can try and pull suspicion off Dramonic. Plus she's given zero insight into the game.

I still think FakeGod is likely to be scum. He voted Dramonic, his voting with regard to Dramonic is pretty weird, he voted him twice, neither time with much reason, and when he voted him the second time, Dramonic was miles away from a lynch, and I don't think FakeGod posted again before he got lynched.

Pom I'm kind of neutral on. Her Dramonic vote gives her about the same number of town points as the number of scum points she's racked up throughout the game.

BV, scummy as hell as well. Has done nothing but vote Kitoari a few times.

Scumspicions (In order)
BV/Brandi
FakeGod
Pom
Charter's thoughts when he was pushed to "L-1"
charter wrote:For thinking I am scum, FakeGod sure is concerned in 364 that the mafia are (were) going to quickhammer me. It's almost like he's knows I'm town (since I doubt mafia would quickhammer themselves right now).

Lol, FakeGod wanting three people to claim. Obvscum.
Pie wrote:There's usually reasons why people don't claim, FG, and I haven't seen many instances where scum hasn't claimed at L-2/L-1.
I would never claim in a game in a scenario like this, where most of the people voting me haven't given a good reason. First you defend yourself, and if no one is buying your defense, and people threaten to hammer, then you might (depending on role) claim.

FakeGod's softclaim in his last post there is pretty suspect as well. "Oh, this dead person can confirm me, but Athey're dead so you'll just have to take my word for it!", yeah right.

I'm willing to hammer FakeGod. I've given many reasons I'm suspicious of him (and some more in this post) and he hasn't given any satisfactory explanation.
His post after my wagon formed.

Not to mention that he jumps on my wagon like his life depended on it, but also his tone/style is incredibly different.

This is a character break, people. Don't forget it.

Point 2
: Pom's voting reasons

Pom votes me (5th vote on the wagon) and gives the following as her reasons:
Pomegranate wrote:I mean, charter is scummy, but WTH FakeGod, three claims?
Why
? No.
VOTE: FakeGod
Extremely shallow reasoning, because her vote is based on one post I have made in the entire game. It seems like she is rather bandwagonning on a easy prey, a point only confirmed later by her unvoting and revoting later (which she tries to show her "indecisiveness"), to distance herself away from the mislynch which now seems unavoidable.

Point 3
: Brandi + Pie's reaction to my meta

Brandi posts this along the way.
Brandi wrote:Based purely on meta, I would say I still don't believe FG is scum. He was incredibly scummy and portraying all sorts of obvscumtells in Furry, that it's hard to think he's much different here than there. I can provide links for anyone interested. LYLO was where he was most notably scummy. I wont support this lynch though, unless someone can show me a game they played with FG where he was scum and acted this way as well.
I really appreciate the meta defense, but unfortunately a counter-example (something that would complete this defense) doesn't exist.
There was no game where I was scum.

What's interesting about this post is Pie's reaction, or rather non-reaction, to it.

Pie says soon afterwards:

[quote="InflatablePie" Whereas FG is just being scummy as all get-out and needs to die.[/quote]

Pie makes absolutely no remarks toward the meta defense. Pie, as one of the few players who personally knows what Brandi's meta defense is talking about, completely ignores this and do not even respond to it, even when Brandi remarks on it again in her later post.

My play here actually parallels that other game quite well. For example, my posting the Plan-Of-Action here drew just as bad opinions as my Life Gamble in the other game. The speedwagon on me on day 2 is almost identical in both days. While I could go on about how the games are similar, the point is that Pie ignored them all completely. I'm pretty sure even though he has noticed the similarities in my play styles and what's happening between the both games, but chose deliberately to not bring them up or to respond to them when Brandi brought them up.

Point 4
: Unnatural speed of my wagon

Yes. I went from 0 votes to L-1 within matter of hours. Only a naive fool would say that scum had done nothing to help it out. Quicklynches are almost always bad for the town, and here is no exception. It seems extremely convenient when some of the players switched out and bandwagoned onto my wagon, as soon as I provided them an easy excuse to do so with. (my plan + my full claim)

Judging by the unnatural speed and how most of the votes are based on extremely specific things I have said, there's no doubt that there is at least one scum on my wagon
right now
, and you guys need to slow down before it's too late.

Also, lastly, consider yourselves in my position. You have no powers, and your sibling died on day 1 without you or your sibling making significant amount of breadcrumbing. To add to this, sibling flips as a VT, which would absolutely trash your claim's cred later on. Yeah. It looks pretty bleak, doesn't it?

Do you guys really believe that I am scum, and that I would have claimed Joey and put myself in this position?

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

Post by FakeGod »

InflatablePie wrote:Of course this implies that Jarti would be scum as well if that claim was true. Hrmmm... it would make sense since Jarti is defending FG so hard today.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Or maybe Jarti's going to have ton of town cred pretty soon.

Calling all touhou fans!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Well, I also gave the reasons why I wasn't very satisfied with your claim.

Weekly V/LA.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Pomegranate wrote:Well, I also gave the reasons why I wasn't very satisfied with your claim.
Yup. But did I claim before you voted me?

Calling all touhou fans!
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Jarti wrote:
RBT this is your unofficial Jarti reminder

Would your hair please duel Max & Kit into submission
Or prod them please <3
Prods are usually sent silently. That said, I seem to need a replacement for Kit.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by MaxMouse »

Sorry folks, I've been at a staff lock-in and was unable to access a computer. I completely forgot to V/LA, I apologize. I will catch up.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Don't worry about it, but you missed my full claim.

I'm Joey, and I am VT sibling with Chronopie, who was Serenity. Many people unfortunately do not believe in my claim, because, as you know, Chronopie flipped VT, not sibling.

And I'm at L-1 btw.

Calling all touhou fans!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Concerning your actions in Furry, the life gamble thing was a stupid move because anyone jumping on your wagon after Fugi's lynch would have been obvious scum taking advantage of an easy lynch. I don't think I ever explained why I said this was stupid in that game.

Concerning this game, I usually try not going by meta - I use it as a last resort or to augment an existing argument (or maybe when I'm scum). Just because you act scummy in every game as town doesn't mean we shouldn't lynch you. It just so happens I think you're scum this time around.

Also in Furry, the votes came right after another with minimal discussion, where there's been some discussion 9and unwillingness to lynch even) in this one.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I understand and I'm perfectly fine with you not relying on meta; the main point I found suspicious is your lack of response to Brandi's.

Because it is very true that she wrote my meta defense twice, but you didn't even comment on it to say you don't approve of the use of meta or anything.

To my surprise, you just completely ignored it, as if you're trying to make it disappear...

Calling all touhou fans!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”