Open 226: Big Love - Game over! Town wins!

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by don_johnson »

guys, vote chi chi. if chi chi is town, scums killing them anyway. the quicker the lovers die or get confirmed, the sooner we find the one scum among them. no sense in running anyone else up yet. lynch chi, go to night, regroup day 2 with more info. all this pussyfooting is going to grow the thread to unrereadable proportions. thats bad for town.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Muthaa »

I agree with don about the proportions. This thread is a fucking killer.
ðÿðÀ mð©pe tpð© ÐÆað▓oð╗a ð▓ð©pe.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: chichi
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I think chihuahua is more likely to be scum than Xite, and reading millar is impossible. VOTE: chihuahua
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Switz »

don_johnson wrote:guys, vote chi chi. if chi chi is town, scums killing them anyway. the quicker the lovers die or get confirmed, the sooner we find the one scum among them. no sense in running anyone else up yet. lynch chi, go to night, regroup day 2 with more info. all this pussyfooting is going to grow the thread to unrereadable proportions. thats bad for town.
If you think TownChi would get killed overnight, why would we lynch them now? Conversely, couldn't your argument be used on Xite as well? And what makes you think scum would aim straight for Chi anyways?--they have a lot of options aside from him who aren't in danger of us lynching them the old-fashioned way.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Scum aren't going to kill the most scummy players... Even if they have claimed Lovers.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Don's reasoning bothers me greatly.

FoS don

Not a vote because it just seems like nonsensical statement that isn't really a tell, and also because I think chichi is far scummier.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Has Chichichi even posted in the last week? where did he go?
I like to give anyone that is a planned lynch the opportunity to explain/discredit information.

When is the deadline again? is it in 5 days? no matter how long, we should atleast wait a bit before we lynch anyone.

What no one is seeming to consider (Mostly because it would be incredibally bold) is that the "Lover" of Chi is lying to get him lynched. it is possible.
We should examine this matter further, because, I feel we did Millar and Xite to death, we cannot really draw anything more from them right now, but Chi/(Whoever his "lover" was, i forget) have a lot to give still.
Whether it be in the "Lover" telling us what he thinks so when he does die and flips townie, we have a good place to look etc, etc.

So @Chi, anything to say for yourself?
@Whoever his lover is, can you give us your views of the game/players in it as a whole?
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey, Chi hasn't posted in this game or the other game I'm in with him.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Fidelis
Fidelis
Townie
Fidelis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Fidelis »

Sorry I've been somewhat inactive, guys, I'm just really busy until the end of today and then starting again next week. @Wacka I'll give my view of things either late tonight or tomorrow morning.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:38 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Vote Count #14

• chihuahua0 (smashbro_of_the_SSS, don_johnson, Fidelis, Sanxion1, Robocopter87, DavidParker, Zajnet) 7 (L-3)
    millar13 (Mr.Sandman, chihuahua0) 2 (L-8)
    Robocopter87 (Xite9) 1 (L-9)
    Xite91 (Switz, Pittbunny, millar13, Muthaa, Shattered Viewpoint, ZeroFang) 6 (L-4)
Not voting: Enigma, Wacka Alpaca, yabbaguy

With 19 alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Deadline is Wednesday, July 21st at 8pm UK time.

Activity Check!

I am currently seeking a replacement fo Xite91

Prod Count:

Muthaa, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, youngminii - 1
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

davidparker wants it both ways.

wacka seems to be trying to save chi for some unknown reason.

yeah. i think we're onto something.
switz wrote:If you think TownChi would get killed overnight, why would we lynch them now?
i don't think chi is town.
switz wrote:Conversely, couldn't your argument be used on Xite as well?
no. xite claimed vanilla. different math.
switz wrote: And what makes you think scum would aim straight for Chi anyways?--
assuming chitown(which i don't), it would be a 2 for 1 nk that could then generate suspicion on the players who were voting to lynch him. i don't know if scum would kill him, but i certainly would in that position.

the fact that chi has been camping his vote and has dissappeared don't bode well for his slot. his own lover thinks hes scum. i see no reason not to proceed.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Switz »

Wacka Alpaca wrote:Has Chichichi even posted in the last week? where did he go?
I like to give anyone that is a planned lynch the opportunity to explain/discredit information.

When is the deadline again? is it in 5 days? no matter how long, we should atleast wait a bit before we lynch anyone.

What no one is seeming to consider (Mostly because it would be incredibally bold) is that the "Lover" of Chi is lying to get him lynched. it is possible.
We should examine this matter further, because, I feel we did Millar and Xite to death, we cannot really draw anything more from them right now, but Chi/(Whoever his "lover" was, i forget) have a lot to give still.
Whether it be in the "Lover" telling us what he thinks so when he does die and flips townie, we have a good place to look etc, etc.

So @Chi, anything to say for yourself?
@Whoever his lover is, can you give us your views of the game/players in it as a whole?
It doesn't make sense for Fidelis to try and get Chi lynched if he is scum. Either Fidelis is the Treacherous Lover, in which case he'll die w/ Chi and flip scum, or he's regular scum who won't die and will be subsequently lynched on D2. Claiming to be Chi's lover and actively looking for his lynch makes Fidelis effectively confirmed town...which I'm pretty sure we established a few posts ago.

That said, I do want to hear from Chi, either way, since we have the time for now.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

(I know there's one a couple of posts up, but since I was posting anyway, I've included a votecount with the activity check and such)

Vote Count #15

• chihuahua0 (smashbro_of_the_SSS, don_johnson, Fidelis, Sanxion1, Robocopter87, DavidParker, Zajnet) 7 (L-3)
    millar13 (Mr.Sandman, chihuahua0) 2 (L-8)
    Robocopter87 (Xite9) 1 (L-9)
    Xite91 (Switz, Pittbunny, millar13, Muthaa, Shattered Viewpoint, ZeroFang) 6 (L-4)
Not voting: Enigma, Wacka Alpaca, yabbaguy

With 19 alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA: Enigma (Tuesday, July 20th), Mr. Sandman (Internet issues)

Deadline is Wednesday, July 21st at 8pm UK time.

Activity Check!

I am currently seeking a replacement for Xite91

chihuahua0, Shattered Viewpoint and smashbro_of_the_SSS have been prodded.

Prod Count:

chihuahua0, Muthaa, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Shattered Viewpoint, smashbro_of_the_SSS, youngminii - 1

Note: Should there be need to replace any of the prodded people, I will consider extending the deadline.

As we are approaching the deadline, I would like to bring Rule 6 to your attention, in order that you are aware of what will happen should the game reach the deadline.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:6. Lynches occur when a simple majority (50%+1) votes for them. No lynches are approved with 50% of the votes, as this is enough to prevent a lynch from going through. If the game reaches a deadline without a player reaching enough votes for a lynch, then there will be no lynch. Be decisive.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote: chihuahua
for L-2. Ousting Treacherous Lover turns Lover pairs into makeshift Masons. If we keep them around, very good things will happen.

FOS: Switz
for reckless trichotomizing as well. I don't like people who narrow things down to "it has to be A, B, or C", and I think he's the worst transgressor in that regard.
@everyone: Focusing back in on the Xite|Millar|Chi thing, I think maybe it'd be good for those of us who haven't explicitly done so to rank these three in terms of which would be the best lynch. It might help us find a compromise that works best.

Mine is:

Xite
Chi
Millar

I know this is slightly out of whack with my probabilities that I mentioned before, but, upon further review, the case against Chi is looking better than the one against Millar, and we also have the benefit of knowing who Chi's Lover is/that Chi has a Lover.
Frankly, I think chihuahua's scummy enough to warrant a lynch, but my hunch is that he's pushing for Xite and millar as mislynches out of the deal.

Stacking on that, I believe youngminii's scumtells were contrived. The vast majority of them were nowhere near the truth.
David wrote:cuz i have just finished a game with yabba and feel more confident in getting a read on him.
You are a funny guy. Hey, I thought I was supposed to be the funny guy. :(

@Switz: SV's ISO was egregiously full of fluff at the time, like 20ish posts or something, I forget. He hadn't made a single serious vote or even stated a suspicion when I did. Some of the other active players, while admittedly minimal as well, at least made an effort. SV had literally nothing.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Switz »

yabba - Thanks for getting back to me on SV, I'll take a look at him overNight. And exactly what in particular are you referring to with my trichotomizing? I'm sure you're right to point it out, I just want to make sure it's not something that I really do think has to be an "either-or" situation, like my discussion in my last post about Fidelis. Because if Fidelis is scum, he would have to be either the TL or a regular scum, which to me proves he's not and we can trust him.

And just to clarify in case I hadn't, if we get close to deadline I will absolutely move my vote to Chi if we're in danger of a no lynch. I'd rather get rid of Xite but Chi's a good consolation prize.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by millar13 »

unvote vote: chi
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

this is a wonderful wagon. someone finish it so we can get some sleep. waiting around for deadline is only useful if you're going to add to discussion. otherwise its a rather weak attempt at looking town.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

You haven't slept since this wagon started? Thats bad for your health. [/jokinground]

Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Switz »

I, at least, am waiting for Fidelis to post again, as lynching Chi will kill him as well. Most town don't get a chance for a last will and testament of sorts, and we have a good opportunity to hear from confirmed town one last time before they die. So I think that is going to add to discussion, actually.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Almost confirmed.

But yes, I think he is townie but you got to keep an Open Mind.

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:57 am

Post by DavidParker »

oh i somehow missed the fidelis/chichi lovers claim.

hmm, that makes lynching chichi harder, but I still think it's a necessary day 1 lynch, the wagon has become so strong that scum will leave the two of them alive even if they are lovers (and no treacherous lovers) because we will have to lynch chichi eventually because of his scumminess.. Better now than later i reckon.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

*Prod post*

the lovers part does make it harder, but if one is treacherous, it would have to come to that soon anyway. I'm happy with my vote.
Fidelis
Fidelis
Townie
Fidelis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Fidelis »

Alright so here are my thoughts on basically everything (in alphabetical order =P).

Chihuahua: You all know my thoughts on him. He’s my lover, but I’m now convinced that he’s scummy. He asked for lovertells in the beginning, OMGUS’s against don, votes millar after millar makes a noobish post but not for all the other reasons to vote millar, and gets worried too much about getting votes on him and seeming like he’s bandwagoning. The worst thing I thought was when he didn’t vote Xite after he said he would’ve… Also, this makes me chuckle a bit:
chihuahua wrote: No lover will sacrafice themselves by stepping forwards. The mafia will kill the lovers, even if it means that the treacherous lover will die in the process.
Irony… So anyways let’s take him out.

Next, DavidParker: not much here, you replaced not too long ago. He didn’t do quite as in-depth an analysis as the other replacements, which could either be a mark of laziness or scumminess.

Don_Johnson: this surprised me when I ISO’ed him. He never actually posted much content, it was just a lot of sarcasm and pushing ridiculously hard for a chichi lynch. Although I have to say I agreed with him on that basically the whole game, but I didn’t want to lynch chichi for obvious reasons, and there wasn’t overwhelming evidence yet.

Enigma: Is doing a fine job as a replacement. Nothing on him.

Millar: so much to talk about here, but you already know most of it. My opinion of millar is that he was just being really strange early in the game, and has been struggling the whole game to rise above that reputation. I personally don’t think he’s as scummy as some others.

More will come a bit later after I eat.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Switz wrote:yabba - Thanks for getting back to me on SV, I'll take a look at him overNight. And exactly what in particular are you referring to with my trichotomizing? I'm sure you're right to point it out, I just want to make sure it's not something that I really do think has to be an "either-or" situation, like my discussion in my last post about Fidelis. Because if Fidelis is scum, he would have to be either the TL or a regular scum, which to me proves he's not and we can trust him.
It's just a poor question. It basically asks to conform to your scumlist and then choose a lynch order.

Too forcing. All the options have to be on the table at all times, while some gather more attention than others, all the options must be looked at. Explicitly saying "it's down between X, Y, and Z" is poor.

I won't leave out the possibility I'm misinterpreting.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!

Return to “Completed Open Games”