Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm going to come clean and admit my role as Vanilla Townie.

That's my role, and that's all I can say.

As I've already said, I found Haylen's leading of the votes towards me as scummy, and it wasn't just an OMGUS FoS, I genuinely found it suspicious. OMGUS, as I understand it, is for RVS.

I wasn't trying to do a temper tantrum, I was just struggling to think of anything else.

Vote: Haylen
reading Jmurph, Mr. Flay and a2rudeboy's posts have confirmed my suspicions.
Trans rights are human rights.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:03 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Jmurph-

I'm a little unsettled by how quickly you voted Kov. You've been accused a couple of times already of bandwagon jumping, or attempting to start one, I'm just curious with all of this on you, why you would vote Kov in right away? Yes, quickly voting someone to l-1 after just joining the game is VERY scummy, and i also realise you were posting at the exact same moment I was, but still. I'm accepting for the moment Kov's newbness is ignorance in terms of what they did, which I think, yes would warrant a FoS, but definitely not a vote yet. I also think, with the town currently focused on Nexus/Haylen, this could be a bit of a distraction tactic. Which if you are scum, and one of them is scum partner (since neither are really cleared in my mind) this would be something useful to do...
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Beefster »

Hmmm...

Mr. Flay's post got me thinking about an alternate perspective. I agree with what he said about Haylen. She's been giving me strange vibes over the last page. Especially when she tried to cover up asking for a townie list by denying it.

Nexus has also given me newbtown vibes lately... Even though I personally don't understand the feeling of the freshly newbish VT, as I was scum in my first game.

Regarding connections:
-I still feel confident that if Nexus is scum, jmurph3 is as well.
-I feel that Haylen's scumminess is mutually exclusive to Nexus's.

Come to think of it, I think jmurph3 is scum. I'm not liking jmurph's defense, and am very uncomfortable with how fast he jumped on Kov.
UNVOTE: Nexus
VOTE: jmurph3
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Beefster »

and
FoS: Haylen

a jmurph/Haylen scumpair is possible- jmurph is using false buddying and Haylen is using distancing.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Haylen »

Flay wrote:Haylen: Why did you post that after jmurph3 had essentially done the same thing the previous page?
I always do it in games that I'm an IC in. I've done it since September last year. In fact, it's exactly the same post as I posted in the first game I IC'd, the only difference is the links, the names and the pro-nouns. *shrugs* The editting thing can easily be explained by the fact that I write exactly what I am thinking at the time when I'm writing a post in games rather than make up some ridiculous bullcrap.
Flay wrote:You knew his role? What was it?
It was and still is a pro-town role. I'm not saying which because I think you're rolefishing to a certain extent. I FoS'd myself because I understood why people found Millar's behaviour suspicious and that if it was a play slot that I hadn't replaced, I would be all over his ass.

About me voting for the guy being prodded, this is how my gut works:
I look at the playerlist and find the name that jumps out at me. At that point it was the person whom I voted for. I disregarded anything that wasn't me gut when making that vote.

How can Jmurph be considered to be consistantly active considering the line graph below? (I make these in all my games for every player, whether I post them or not's an entirely different matter)

Flay wrote:You were still voting for the being-replaced ChibiSanNub/Zajnet.
I wanted a reaction from either Chibi or his replacement and still hadn't received one at that point. Thus I continued placing my vote where it was.
Flay wrote:Also of note is the self-meta-excuse of posting fluff given in this post.
Would it not have been hypocritical to ask everybody to answer my questions, yet not answer them myself?

Also, not posting is scummy because it allows scum to stay under the radar of the rest of the town, allowing them to coast through the game. I'm getting quite frustrated now with people not understanding my language. I should point out that one of the symptoms of my dyslexia is processing problems which means I think of stuff and go to write it down and when I do, I write something completely different and incomprehendable. Or I cannot explain myself well. The writing something different is completely random and can happen at any time. Difficulty explaining usually now only occurs when I'm stressed. Which I why I don't usually post at weekends - work makes me want to kill someone/myself...I should get a new job...Anyway,
I DID NOT WANT A LIST OF WHO SCUMMIEST TO TOWNIEST FROM EVERYBODY. I WANTED OPINIONS OF EACH PLAYER. LIKE WHAT I GAVE YOU IN MY ANALYSIS POST, HENCE WHY I SAID I DIDN'T NEED TO DO ONE.
By night one, scum will be able to tell who everyone thinks is town and anybody who says 'Im not doing it cause I don't want everyone to know my thoughts' is with holding information. What are the town supposted to do? Guess people's opinions? I'm trying to get into everyone's heads to gouge out their alignment.

I could see Flay's vote on me as a chainsaw move to prevent Nexus from being lynched.
Rudeboy wrote:haylen has made efforts to move this game forward, but i still see it in sort of a trying to be the voice of reason/controlling sort of way.
I had to take control. Nobody else was going to try and get the game going. Everyone was lurking or active lurking.

I think this vote on me is opportunistic and I'll be keeping my eye on A2 in the future.

I am also seeing Nexus's vote on me as an attempt at shifting the bandwagon from himself to me, which he has successfully done. With the help of Mr Flay. Which is why I could definately see a Nexus/Flay pairing.

Sorry for yelling, I'm really not feeling very well right now. It's odd, for the past month, everyday I've worked, I've developed a really bad migraine during and afterwards.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 am

Post by jmurph3 »

a2rudeboy wrote:I'm a little unsettled by how quickly you voted Kov. You've been accused a couple of times already of bandwagon jumping, or attempting to start one, I'm just curious with all of this on you, why you would vote Kov in right away? Yes, quickly voting someone to l-1 after just joining the game is VERY scummy, and i also realise you were posting at the exact same moment I was, but still. I'm accepting for the moment Kov's newbness is ignorance in terms of what they did, which I think, yes would warrant a FoS, but definitely not a vote yet. I also think, with the town currently focused on Nexus/Haylen, this could be a bit of a distraction tactic. Which if you are scum, and one of them is scum partner (since neither are really cleared in my mind) this would be something useful to do...
Firstly, at the time of my posting, only one person had voted for Haylen, so I wouldn't exactly call that the town being focused on her.

Secondly, my vote on Kov, which, for the moment, I am going to keep, is an attempt to get him to keep talking, and post some kind of content other than the vote on Nexus. I don't think it's a distraction tactic, especially since now things seem to be moving away from Nexus. It's a discussion tactic, which I think is vaguely working.
Beefster wrote:Regarding connections:
-I still feel confident that if Nexus is scum, jmurph3 is as well.
-I feel that Haylen's scumminess is mutually exclusive to Nexus's.
So you don't think that Haylen and Nexus could be a scumpair that's playing off of each other?
Beefster wrote:Come to think of it, I think jmurph3 is scum. I'm not liking jmurph's defense, and am very uncomfortable with how fast he jumped on Kov.
UNVOTE: Nexus
VOTE: jmurph3
I said it before, I'll say it again. I am a girl.

Also, what part of my defense aren't you liking? Why are you not liking it? And see above re: the vote on Kov. I do wonder, however, how you can call my jumping on Kov "fast" when it took place almost 9 hours and multiple posts afterward?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Nexus »

Haylen wrote:
I am also seeing Nexus's vote on me as an attempt at shifting the bandwagon from himself to me, which he has successfully done. With the help of Mr Flay. Which is why I could definately see a Nexus/Flay pairing.

Sorry for yelling, I'm really not feeling very well right now. It's odd, for the past month, everyday I've worked, I've developed a really bad migraine during and afterwards.
A pairing of two townies? Yup, quite likely.

I have not spoken to Flay at all outside of the thread.

I had my suspicions of you as I outlined them when I was on L-1. I have suspicions on other people, but the fact that other people shared my opinion spurred me on.

You're getting agitated now, which could be a mafia tell, as it seems like you're close to being rumbled. Your tactic of trying to shift everything on me because I'm a newbie was working, and kudos for that, but as I keep reiterating, you've made a mistake.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and calm down.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 am

Post by CSL »

The Post Explosion Vote Count

Nexus (3) Earlder1, Kov, Haylen

Haylen (3) a2rudeboy, Mr. Flay, Nexus

jmurph3 (1) Beefster
Mr. Flay (1) Zajnet
Kov (1) jmurph3

Not Voting: ...

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Thursday, July 29th, at 7:00pm EST

There are NINE alive, so FIVE votes on a player will lynch.

Nexus is currently at L-2

Haylen is currently at L-2

V/LA's and Prods

Mr. Flay is on a perpetual V/LA status

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Kov »

Mr Flay wrote:Why did you read the game two days ago?
Well, I read all the begginer guides I could find but i had to look at how people happen to play it was complete luck that i got replaced in.
Mr. Flay wrote:BagSquad/Kov's #50 is pretty flippant. "A lady in the house" - really? Also, a third fourth unvote in a row is NOT the way RVS usually ends... BagSquad or Vamparific (whoops, that's me) scumpair with millar/Haylen?
Bagsquad was a lurker voting on anyone and everyone mabye hoping to get a bandwagon lynch on who they thought was scum?
jmurph3 wrote:For now, I'm going to say
vote: Kov
. Your vote on Nexus seems very opportunistic, and I don't like the way you didn't give a real explanation for it. It's a perfect move for scum to make at this point.

well i guess i need to defend myself. I voted for nexus because he seems very naive but in a fake way(I hope this makes sense) and if they weren't scum to hopefully entice a Mafia member to quicklynch(unfortunatley mabye the mafia are too big a lurkers and missed it) giving us an idea who to lynch and the doctors/cops (if we have any) who they should use there powers on. I just assumed that's what you do at this stage go with who you thinks the most suspicious and hope.

I won't change my vote but again I still have a bad feeling about Haylen
won/lost
1 / 0
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Kov »

Haylen wrote:(I make these in all my games for every player, whether I post them or not's an entirely different matter)

That is some amount of dedication i find myself looking at content rather than time because I find i shift between very active in a fourm to bordeline inactive. (won't happen hear promise :D )

Oh and nexus what did i say you're not lynched yet (Even though i did try to bait you and failed miserable :oops: )
Always look on the bright side of life.
won/lost
1 / 0
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

I'm going to agree with beefster on this one. At this point in the game, there have been three people that i have suspected at various degrees throughout: Nexus, jmurph, and millar/haylen. Even though i do not view jmurph as the scummiest of the three, I do feel like haylen and nexus are mutually exclusive in terms of scum. they do seem to be clearly playing up against each other, and it's not to scum advantage at this point to try and sacrifice one of each other out in order for the greater scumgood. i feel at this point it would shake out to be haylen/jmurph or nexus/jmurph in my mind, for reason's people have already mentioned.

Following this, jmurph, you voting for Kov is both a discussion and a distraction tactic, which serves to heighten up the scum tell a little more. Yes, town focus has been moving away from Nexus, and if that's your scum partner, it just meant it worked.

I stick with my Haylen vote, because even though the reasons you mentioned in your post, I agree with Nexus in saying you do come off a bit too defensive, and that is not necessarily helpful for the town. If someone accuses you, you should defend yourself. But only the innocent are going to be able to do it with a level head.

Even if we don't lynch Nexus on day 1, it seems to me he is not for long in this world. If no lynch, and he makes it to night without clearing himself up in the minds of most, it feels like mafia will let him make it through the night because it will be easy to push him as scum the next day. Of course, saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if i just volunteered myself for a scum-push as it would be all to easy then for scum to lynch nexus in the night and then push it on me the next day.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:56 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

(in light of Kov's post at the same time as mine)

Quick and dirty FoS: Kov

Why? In response to a few pages worth of people raising suspicion over your quick vote and wanting to hear reasoning, you respond with a largely fluff post which mostly consisted of quoting Haylen's graph. This, plus the quick vote, plus the newbscum tendency to lurk (the person you replaced), continues to put me on edge about you...
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Kov »

my second post was just me commenting to people in this game no analysis just things i thought were worth mentioning and tbh, if you analyse it your getting nothing out of it i was simple being a bystander to other posts not a poster myself.

PS. Quick and Dirty Thats the way i like it.... wait WHAT?

Also IMO, It was a good graph.

That my friend is "fluff" (I think....)
won/lost
1 / 0
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Nexus »

Kov wrote:
Mr Flay wrote:Why did you read the game two days ago?
Well, I read all the begginer guides I could find but i had to look at how people happen to play it was complete luck that i got replaced in.
Mr. Flay wrote:BagSquad/Kov's #50 is pretty flippant. "A lady in the house" - really? Also, a third fourth unvote in a row is NOT the way RVS usually ends... BagSquad or Vamparific (whoops, that's me) scumpair with millar/Haylen?
Bagsquad was a lurker voting on anyone and everyone mabye hoping to get a bandwagon lynch on who they thought was scum?
jmurph3 wrote:For now, I'm going to say
vote: Kov
. Your vote on Nexus seems very opportunistic, and I don't like the way you didn't give a real explanation for it. It's a perfect move for scum to make at this point.

well i guess i need to defend myself. I voted for nexus because he seems very naive but in a fake way(I hope this makes sense) and if they weren't scum to hopefully entice a Mafia member to quicklynch(unfortunatley mabye the mafia are too big a lurkers and missed it) giving us an idea who to lynch and the doctors/cops (if we have any) who they should use there powers on. I just assumed that's what you do at this stage go with who you thinks the most suspicious and hope.

I won't change my vote but again I still have a bad feeling about Haylen
Bait me into doing what, exactly? REVEALING MY ROLE AS A TOWNIE? ohnoez.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Nexus »

...for some reason it didn't even quote the bit I Was referencing to. Fail.

Enticing people into a quicklynch, you mean like you have done by posting like...twice and voting to lynch?

You're willing to risk losing a townie in the hope a mafia member jumps out? Pretty silly.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Kov wrote:well i guess i need to defend myself. I voted for nexus because he seems very naive but in a fake way(I hope this makes sense) and if they weren't scum to hopefully entice a Mafia member to quicklynch(unfortunatley mabye the mafia are too big a lurkers and missed it) giving us an idea who to lynch and the doctors/cops (if we have any) who they should use there powers on. I just assumed that's what you do at this stage go with who you thinks the most suspicious and hope.
Wait...what?? You purposely hoped that the scum would quicklynch Nexus? At first I thought you had just made a mistake by putting Nexus at L-1, but the fact that you were hoping that he would die and flip town is incredible. That's incredibly anti-town, and is throwing up all sort of red flags for me.
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Kov »

You did quote it..
Nexus wrote:You're willing to risk losing a townie in the hope a mafia member jumps out? Pretty silly.
YES, since were just townies if we lynch that is what happens we can never be a 100% certain of who a person is unless your a sane cop. Even then being a cop doesn't help day one.

And i did say i think your the most suspicious that's why I didn't move my vote.

And your first post makes no sense i wasn't baiting you you were the bait... And the mafia are either too inactive to lynch you, too smart to lynch you or protecting you by not lynching.

Nearly ninjaed me Jmurph

Wait I THINK SHE IS SCUM thats why i voted. I was trying to show on the flip-side that most likely if she got lynched and was a townie the last voter has a high chance of being scum.
Do you see what i mean?

If she is scum it's pro town
If she isn't we probably just found out someone who is scum which is pro town...
won/lost
1 / 0
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Kov »

Could someone point me too or explain what "ISO" means
won/lost
1 / 0
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

First off, kov- i didn't notice you're post previous to the one where you mostly quoted haylen. I'd take the FoS off for making that mistake (because you did make a defense and not just post fluff) but, wanting to quick lynch is always a rather hard line maneuver which i cannot see defending unless we have pretty hard evidence on Nexus. I think hoping to bait Mafia in to being the one to pull the trigger isn't necessarily a bad idea, just a bit misguided in this game. With so many IE/SE players, especially the ones a lot of us are worrying about at the moment, they would know to distance themselves from either having to pull the trigger or to make sure they were pretty locked down as being not suspicious, as if they were scum it would lead to a quick scumkill the next day.

Since Kov voted for nexus:
kov voted- nexus at l-1

nexus unvotes

flay unvotes me, votes haylen

jmurph votes kov

i vote haylen

nexus votes haylen (based on me jmurph flay)

beef unvotes nexus, votes jmurph

so. kov tries to get a quick lynch, but it kind of goes the opposite way as planned. no one is willing to give the vote, and instead haylen quickly picks up a couple.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

EBWOP

your*, not you're.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Oops, got prodded. I've been reading along, I just keep saying to myself "oh I'll post later." Whelp, now its later xD

@Kov: ISO stands for Isolation, its where you go to the bottom of the page and choose a person to display only their posts, and look at patterns that emerge.

The first thing that comes to mind for me to comment on is that Kov is completely correct. I would love for scum to quickhammer a townie. A 1-1 trade is more than good in a game with 7 town and 2 scum. I'm finding rudeboy more scummy for his reaction to Kov's vote, but even more so for jmurph. VOTE: jmurph3
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Nexus wrote:I have not spoken to Flay at all outside of the thread.
Wouldn't necessarily be a lie. Flay's only just replaced in and scum are only allowed to night talk during confirmations and at night. :P
Nexus wrote:You're getting agitated now, which could be a mafia tell, as it seems like you're close to being rumbled.
No...I'm annoyed that people are twisting my words.
Nexus wrote:Your tactic of trying to shift everything on me because I'm a newbie was working
I'm not attacking you or shifting anything on your because you're a newbie. I am not a newbie hater, This whole post is testiment to that fact. I'm quite offended about that being called that actually.
A2 wrote:But only the innocent are going to be able to do it with a level head.
That's an incorrect assumption to make. Every player has their own individual things that wind them up, make them agitated or squirmish in games and makes them go on the defensive. They all have their own playstyles, their own scumtells, their own towntells. Standard tells can only go so far in games. Eventually, you'll be forced to look at another players games to see if they are complying to their usual meta or not. The only thing I know about my own meta is that I'm primarily a gut player. Only two players (Incognito and Zachrulez) can consistantly tell whether I'm town or scum in a game regardless of how I act in it.

Btw, I am genuinely surprised none of you have suggested that I've been buddying yet.

I am very suspicious of the way people have jumped on me over the last post expecially Nexus. His vote put me to L-2 and seemed very opportunistic.

I would also like to post out that I completely disagree with sacrificing a player to find out who the scum are. I can see the point in doing it, but I have never liked it and will never like it.

Btw, have a quote in my defence. Yes, it's meta based, but it's not based on how I play, it's about how everyone else plays with me in games.
Incognitio in post game Newbie 825 wrote:Haylen's meta:
She's being attacked by everyone and their mother and their grandmother's too --
Town.

She's coasting... somehow --
Scum.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Good lord, I joined for a
quiet
game, people! What's with the page of posting in 12 hours!?! :lol:
a2rudeboy wrote:Kov- is interesting. Jumping into the game and directly putting someone at l1 seems incredibly scummy, but i think at some point can be allowed for over-excitedness in just starting to play mafia and wanting to make a bit of a splash right away. Perhaps they don't know the true implications of what they are doing.
Coaching? I had much the same reaction, but your defense is noted.
Nexus wrote:I'm going to come clean and admit my role as Vanilla Townie.

That's my role, and that's all I can say.
That's what I figured, but thanks for the confirmation. At this point I should point out that a BUNCH of bandwagon-to-claims today is not going to be helpful. If scum are Power-Role-hunting, they know not to hit anybody claiming VT. I'm not quite as extreme as Yosarian2 (who I can't quote, being as he said it in an ongoing game) who essentially believes that once a VT claims, you HAVE to lynch them, but it's worth being aware of the risks.
OMGUS, as I understand it, is for RVS.
OMGUS isn't "for" anything, it's just a description of a type of vote that seems based on a vote rather than explicit scumminess. Don't get attached to certain things being only present in certain stages of the game, except technical things like LYLO.
a2rudeboy wrote:Jmurph-

I'm a little unsettled by how quickly you voted Kov. You've been accused a couple of times already of bandwagon jumping, or attempting to start one, I'm just curious with all of this on you, why you would vote Kov in right away? Yes, quickly voting someone to l-1 after just joining the game is VERY scummy
Again defending? Why don't you let Kov make his own statements?

Kov, I'm not really going to try to pick your posts apart until you answer two questions:
  1. Have you played Mafia before, either in person or on another site?
  2. If so, can you link to any games?
Haylen gets her own post to avoid the wall from bogging down this entire post... it'll priobably be this afternoon.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Haylen wrote:
Wouldn't necessarily be a lie. Flay's only just replaced in and scum are only allowed to night talk during confirmations and at night. :P
:shifty:
Retired as of October 2014.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Nexus »

Haylen wrote:
Nexus wrote:You're getting agitated now, which could be a mafia tell, as it seems like you're close to being rumbled.
No...I'm annoyed that people are twisting my words.
Nexus wrote:Your tactic of trying to shift everything on me because I'm a newbie was working
I'm not attacking you or shifting anything on your because you're a newbie. I am not a newbie hater, This whole post is testiment to that fact. I'm quite offended about that being called that actually.

A2 wrote:But only the innocent are going to be able to do it with a level head.
That's an incorrect assumption to make. Every player has their own individual things that wind them up, make them agitated or squirmish in games and makes them go on the defensive. They all have their own playstyles, their own scumtells, their own towntells. Standard tells can only go so far in games. Eventually, you'll be forced to look at another players games to see if they are complying to their usual meta or not. The only thing I know about my own meta is that I'm primarily a gut player. Only two players (Incognito and Zachrulez) can consistantly tell whether I'm town or scum in a game regardless of how I act in it.

Btw, I am genuinely surprised none of you have suggested that I've been buddying yet.

I am very suspicious of the way people have jumped on me over the last post expecially Nexus. His vote put me to L-2 and seemed very opportunistic.

I would also like to post out that I completely disagree with sacrificing a player to find out who the scum are. I can see the point in doing it, but I have never liked it and will never like it.

Btw, have a quote in my defence. Yes, it's meta based, but it's not based on how I play, it's about how everyone else plays with me in games.
Incognitio in post game Newbie 825 wrote:Haylen's meta:
She's being attacked by everyone and their mother and their grandmother's too --
Town.

She's coasting... somehow --
Scum.
Bold point 1: I'm a newbie. You shifted the blame onto me. So my point is somewhat valid. However, I phrased it wrong, and I apologise for any offense caused. Twas just how it seemed to me.

To be fair, I posted that I was suspicious of you before everyone voted for you. I then wandered off, came back, and others confirmed my suspicions, so the natural thing to do was to vote for you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”