EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by EGL »

I probably won't be able to make AS MANY posts as I have tonight until August 3 but I'll still be posting.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hi everyone, still catching up with this one but should get a proper post up today.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

SSBF wrote:Also, you can policy lynch scummy people. Like for example, Lynch All Liars when people lie about there role and that person is scummy, wouldn't you want to policy lynch him?
Actually it wouldn't be a policy lynch (LAL) if I'm lynching him because he's scummy. The whole idea of a policy lynch is, lynching for reasoning independent of allignment. If you think millar is scummy, then argue for lynching him because he's scummy and quit calling it a policy lynch when its not. If you want to policy lynch him, then I can't trust any of your reasons you find millar scummy, because your goal is to get him lynched without regard for his allignment - you'll say anything to convince the town to lynch millar.

==================
Richard wrote:Rhinox, I'm no troll, and I haven't been OMGUSing all game. The fact that you can't see it doesn't give you licence to declare otherwise.
What I mean is, you automatically suspect/attack/insult/vote anyone just because they suspect or vote you or even just mention your name in a negative way.

Relax though, I was only pointing out that your omgus vote on xite recently shouldn't be anything the town should concern themselves with. I actually think you're town.

Now, any other reasons for voting Xite?

=================
CSL wrote:I'm going to re-read, and stuff.

And I'm going to ignore millar if he is talking about stupid stuff. His meta is poor.
How's that re-read going? Also, voting to policy lynch millar is hardly doing a good job of ignoring him, btw...

=================
Xite wrote:I am currently ISOing each and every player, with a scum list to come afterward. I'll leave it up to you guys how you want the cases, so here's my questions for your convenience;

1) Do you want a case on everyone I can make a case on?
a) If not, what would be the number of people (tops on my scum list) you would like to see a case on?
**Disclaimer: Cases will be from top of Llama's player list to bottom with a note (or post depending) afterward of scummiest players I made a case on from most to least**
2) What kind of case would you prefer? Point-by point, basic post by post or just a summarization?
3) Would you like it to be all one mass post, or a single post per player?
How bout you just do what you think will best help the town find scum, rather than placating to the town.

==================

Nacho-818: Nacho, you weren't voting SV when the lynch occurred, but aren't you just as guilty of lurking through the time period up to his lynch? You weren't doing anything to stop it.

What about Jahudo's posts seem obvious/opportunistic? Neither charlie nor chrono have really been getting much focus in votes or attempted cases all game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Charlie wrote:An interesting case on me there, SSBF. After reading it, I become more convinced that I'm town.
If you truly are town, then please stop make egregious comments like that. Attack cases, refute points, find scums, do something for the town.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Charlie »

I'm already voting for the scum!
Kindness
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Twomz »

Judging by the unsupported finger pointing you did yesterday Charlie, I'm disinclined to believe you actually have any idea who scum are unless you yourself are scum. From your ISO it seems as if you say I'm giving off town vibes, then say if I'm scum then Raider's scum and use that as the sole reason to push his wagon... and later talk about how we need more votes for multiple wagons... none of which you'd given reasons for (beyond the thing with me and raider, which I don't get). Your last post of Day 1 (ISO 36) has been pointed out to be probably the scummiest post so far in the game...

And now you're saying
Charlie wrote:I'm already voting for the scum!
again without citing any reasons or thoughts on it...

unvote x2, vote: Charlie x2

I'd still like CSL to post more, he seems to be active lurking through the start of his wagon, possibly to stagnate discussion on his scumminess (if I'm wrong, prove it through action CSL :igmeou: ).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Twomz »

Sorry for double post...

Town Read

rhinox (CryMeARiver) - Giving off a 'distracted townie' kinda vibe, but time will clarify alignment I hope. Good posts overall, although I'm still wierded a bit by ISO 17, with the xite/chrono thing.

nachomamma8 - LURKING, but probably town (that may just be my meta feel for him though).

Ythan (danakillsu) - Town by gut feeling. Late replaced into Day 1, by the end of today I'll have a better read for him.

raider8169 - Lurker hunting a lot. Lots of votes, but wasn't on SV wagon at any point.

Super Smash Bros. Fan - Strong poster, probably town but it could be just a townish style of posting.

Jahudo (Chevre/easjo682) - Jahudo is doing a good job making up for lost time with the slot :D.

kmd4390 - Getting a town vibe from Kmd, even with the fake daykill (still upset about it >.> not sure why).

Magua (The King of Eggs) - Actual reasons for votes? My hero.

holycon - Had an actual good case on Richard (imo I should have read over it better, I probably would have gone along with it), but voted SV to stop NL (wasn't only one but worth pointing out).

Scum Read

Amished (DocPotter) - Spent a good amount of effort building a case on CSL, then voted for SV to stop no lynch (no other reason given that I saw) and voted Chrono at the start of Day 2 (again, no reason that I saw).

chronopie - Lurking/Active Lurking... needs to post more.

CSL - Case in previous posts.

EGL - I agree with the 'put vote on SV and rode out Day 1' crowd. Attacking others for content with very little of his own.

RichardGHP - Mostly fluff posts, very little content. No explanations for votes, seemed to be following wagons.

Xite91 - Possibly scum, agree with a lot of what others have said about her... but I think observation and forced posting is the correct direction to take now (as in, not seeing a Xite lynch today... maybe down the line).

Charlie - Case stated in previous posts.

Neutral

Pittbunny - Lots of fluff posts, following wagons without contributing more... I expect more from you PB >.<

Locke Lamora (Reverse Simplicity) - No read.

animorpherv1 (carneybaby88) - Playing to his meta, but not contributing... CONTRIBUTE!!!

Other

millar13 - So far not contributing in any way I can tell. Good chance of being scum or at least useless townie... because of claim however, best bet is to vig if possible.

Keeping my vote where it is... I can go back over any point I made above, they're really just kneejerk reactions after quick ISOs.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Nachomamma:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Jahudo, do you have any suspicions that aren't so... obvious/opportunistic?
Opportunistic in what way? I realize they are both players who have made much of a contribution, so they could be called lurkers (which can be a debatable scumtell or null tell for alot of people) but I actually believe there is a method to their anti-town behavior that goes beyond a lack of effort.

I'll bring up other suspicions as I form them. For example I was reading KMD as town up until where he seems to flip-flop on whether the daykill was real or not. I'm trying to figure out if he slipped there or if there's a reasonable explanation.

-------------------------------------------------

@Charlie:
Charlie wrote:I like that case against me. I'd believe it, but to to circumstances of me being me, I unfortunately don't. The case is more correct than wrong.
Am I right in assuming that you are purposefully keeping your reasons for voting to yourself? Or have you been playing but pure gut so far? Because if you can explain why raider is scummy, though his ISO or whatever, I'd like to hear it.

Your agreeable reaction to having a case on you feels deliberate to me. Like trying to downplay your spotlight by not adding any confrontation or argument on your part that might draw out the case into a back-and-forth type of thing that gets alot of people's attention. You know?

I just gotta check your meta on this and see if this is normal for you. Because on the other hand, if you are town, I'm wondering why you aren't trying to actively prove it to me? Would a vote make a difference?

Vote: Charlie
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Charlie »

Too much thinking, Jahudo. I'm trying not to over-think stuff. I'll save you some time: Don't bother to meta. I'm doing it (mostly) different. I believe a minimalistic approach in a large theme game can be useful, coupled with playing by gut.

You see, you say stuff like that, people will think "Hey, that's pro-town!". And stuff.

Let's take a look at toothless' Town reads:
Rhinox: Maybe
Nacho: Agree
Ythan: Agree but for different reasons
raider: Fail
SSBF: I really have no idea
Jahudo: Ooh, yes
kmd: Agree but for different reasons
Magua: Maybe, don't know
holycon: Fail

Also scum reads:
Amished: Fail, but interesting point
chronopie: Maybe
CSL: Agree
EGL: I reserve judgement
Richard: Hmm
Xite: Oh my goodness
Charlie: Fail
Kindness
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:03 am

Post by millar13 »

Charlie wrote:Too much thinking, Jahudo. I'm trying not to over-think stuff. I'll save you some time: Don't bother to meta. I'm doing it (mostly) different. I believe a minimalistic approach in a large theme game can be useful, coupled with playing by gut.

You see, you say stuff like that, people will think "Hey, that's pro-town!". And stuff.

Rhinox: Maybe
Nacho: Agree
Ythan: Agree but for different reasons
raider: Fail
SSBF: I really have no idea
kmd: Agree but for different reasons
Magua: Maybe, don't know
holycon: Fail

Also scum reads:
chronopie: Maybe
CSL: Agree
Charlie: Fail
:cop: Smiley Cop says "USELESS INFO"
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Charlie: Care to explain the "Agree, but for different reasons" and the "Fails"? Also, care to try to refute any parts of any of the cases against you?

The lists and opinions in it will hopefully be changing daily. I probably need to do a more in depth ISO on some of the scum reads I have... but I'm so lazy /sigh.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 am

Charlie wrote:Don't bother to meta. I'm doing it (mostly) different. I believe a minimalistic approach in a large theme game can be useful, coupled with playing by gut.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind different play styles. Everyone is different from a person in play style and it's nice to change things up a bit. I also don't mind a minimalistic approach, as being succint is pro-town. However, that's not the point I'm making. The town not attacking you for changing play styles or minimalistic play, the town is attacking you because your behavior has been very scummy and people that are voting you are still willing to lynch you.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Twomz wrote:
Neutral

Pittbunny - Lots of fluff posts, following wagons without contributing more... I expect more from you PB >.<
Yeah, I'm going to have to admit that my latest attempts at MS sans the recently finished DiC mini have been pretty crappy. For you, I'll try to step up. =P

@Charlie: One word agreements/disagreements for a laundry list isn't doing all that much. Piggybacking off of someone else's list without a meaningful supplement is active-lurking at best, and diverting attention at worst. I understand that you want to post what initially seems to be a long post to counteract the ills of such short posts as:

An interesting case on me there, SSBF. After reading it, I become more convinced that I'm town.

Nachomamma8's case on EGL is goodposting.

and the more recent (and even less useful)

I'm already voting for the scum!

however, you're still adding nothing. To be direct, your last three posts are fizzy. The most recent is a weak attempt at contribution, the next is a worthless post that isn't even attempting anything short of an anti-prod, and the third is deriding SSBF's case without any sort of counterpoint while attempting to buddy to Nacho, presumably due to Nacho's comment about having to convince certain kinds of people with screenspace.

Better, Twomz? =P
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:40 am

animorpherv1's lack of participation in this thread yesterday and today (In real times) is bothering me. If it was just simple lurking, I would only desire if he posted more. But I don't think it's just plain lurking.

If you've been checking out other ongoing Large Theme games, you'll realize that animorpherv1 has been posting in two Large Theme games today, but completely ignoring this game. I already gave animorpherv1 some attention and you should know that I highly suspect him. Xite91 also agrees, so animorpherv1 has a bit of pressure on him, even without votes.

July 18, 2010, he made a short burst of posts between his back-to-back with Ythan at the beginning of Day 2. Yet yesterday, he's only made one post, which contained a relatively lackluster vote on RichardGHP. He completely neglected to acknowledge the suspicion around him or my case on him.

This is giving me the feeling that animorpherv1 is attempting to steer negative attention away from him, but not in a positive way. Rather then actually put forth effort at scum hunting or at least put up a defense of some sort, I'm getting the feeling he's trying to lurk his way out of negative attention. This is not a pro-town move and if it's active lurking, it is scummy.

And it's not like we've gotten nothing else to work on either. Ever since animorpherv1's last post in here, we've managed to get over fifty new posts and it contains a lot of contents. There is definently something to work on from these posts, so contributing should not be that hard to do.

If he keeps playing scummy, make sure to lay down a ton of pressure on him and if he continues to act scummy, we should lynch him eventually.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Xite91 »

Charlie wrote: Let's take a look at toothless' Town reads:

Also scum reads:
I am the most interested in these ones. Explain what each statement means please?
Lols at mine :mrgreen:
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@SSBF:

I didn't call you out on anything because I don't consider not posting enough to warrant someone as anti-town.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP

Jahudo wrote:I replaced Chevre during night.
Oh, sorry I mixed up games, and thought she came back

Also, my isocapade is taking longer than expected. I plan to stay up all night, so expect it tomorrow
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:@SSBF:

I didn't call you out on anything because I don't consider not posting enough to warrant someone as anti-town.
Not posting frequently does not mean the person is anti-town or scummy as long those posts have good contents in them that helps the town. But here's the problem. You have been not been very productive in the game AKA active lurking and you've commited enough scum tells that makes you one of my major lynch candidates for ToDay.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by EGL »

Why do you keep capitalizing the T and D in today?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 pm

EGL wrote:Why do you keep capitalizing the T and D in today?
By ToDay, I am refering to Days in Mafia. I don't want people to get confused between today in real times and ToDay in Mafia times, that's why I do it.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by EGL »

Oh. I thought it was like, some secret code or something.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

millar13 wrote: :cop: Smiley Cop says "USELESS INFO"
Could you just stop posting until someone vigs you thanks.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Charlie wrote:Too much thinking, Jahudo. I'm trying not to over-think stuff. I'll save you some time: Don't bother to meta. I'm doing it (mostly) different. I believe a minimalistic approach in a large theme game can be useful, coupled with playing by gut.

So you are playing differently then your meta. Normally I hate metas but seeing as you are purposely playing different I would like to know how you are playing different to see if it has any merits.

Also, why do you disagree with someone's read without actually giving reason for any of it?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Twomz »

EGL wrote:Oh. I thought it was like, some secret code or something.
I assumed it was either his way of spelling it (done for a reason, but on purpose) or he had some sort of PR. Didn't want to mention it cause if it was a PR he probably couldn't say so anyway /shrug.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”