Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote dancer
, the question about the game mechanics seemed scummy back on whatever page, as does his need to control things.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Lowell wagon hops. Again.
green shirt thursdays
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

SD wrote:@MoI: Before I answer any further accusations of yours I'd like you to go back to the post you're citing and understand what I really meant
You do realize people are fully capable of reading and making their own judgements as to motivation and subtext, correct? Your ‘I’m taking my ball and going home until you play the way I want’ attitude isn’t going to help things.
DP wrote:Since when can town not afford to policy lynch??? Especially if they get ahead (ie 2 scum lynches : 0 town lynches) a policy lynch is fine.
I’d rather continue to attempt to lynch scum and win the game in that situation. Town has a finite amount of lynches (between 3 and 5) to get 3 scum. Injecting the thought that we can ‘afford’ a lynch based on policy alone is stupid.

@Lowell
– Love the Sheeping at 100. And by love I mean detest.

@Thief
– Get your butt in here.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Did you just say butt?
green shirt thursdays
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Max »

The "Did He Just Say Butt"? VOTECOUNT!

VOTE COUNT 1

Shadow Dancer (Exilon, xRECKONERx, KnightofZero, MagnaofIllusion, Lowell)
xRECKONERx (Shadow Dancer, nopointinactingup)
Lowell (Destructor)

Not Voted (BrianJ, David Parker, Quoi)
Not Voted, Nor Posted, Nor PMed Me (Thief)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:52 am

Hmmm ... looking at the votecount I will

UNVOTE: Shadow Dancer

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Thief »

I am lurkin in the shadows waiting to strike.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

L-1.
green shirt thursdays
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Thief »

Vote: nopoint

Die.

No point in you living.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Quoi
Quoi
Townie
Quoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Quoi »

Thief, you are now the scummiest person in the game. What do you have to say?
Hmm?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Exilon »

Reck, you're not drunk anymore. Contribute.
Destructor wrote:Please give me some feedback on these thoughts:
• Since we can only afford to No Lynch once, we should ALWAYS aim to lynch.
• We should ONLY consider No Lynching if we have mislynched twice and REALLY want another day to discuss the next lynch.
• Not doing the above significantly increases the chances of a loss due to a deadline.
Love them, QFT.
Destructor wrote:@ Exilon, can you point out what Reckoner has done in this game that gives you a meta-based town read of him
It's not what he has done that makes him town, it's the lack of what makes him scum. Usually scum-Reck is a little more content with following other people around. Also saying that while drunk. And no, this isn't set on stone. This is the first time I'm playing with him.
Destructor wrote:@ Everyone voting SD, can you post a concise, dot point case on SD?
I think it's easy to see from what I've said so far why I think he's scummy.

DP

I agree with DP, we should all claim. I claim Unkillable-Unlynchable Survivor. Which means I never lose. I'm also a Night 0 Sane Cop, and I investigated DP. Let's all lynch him. He's scum.

nopointinactingup wrote:we're currently short of pages actually.
=/= short of content, which is what we're aiming for. Thanks for contributing.

Shadow Dancer wrote:Bad plan... But we should not tollerate any lurking... Absens of Whoever is not officially V/LA should not be tollerated... Maybe we should intriduce a second deadline 48 hours befor the real one, after that town should only vote for the agreed on lynchee, no one else. Problem could be players being V/LA over the DL... Maybe we should also rather FoS than vote before the first deadline to make sure that mafia cannot quicklynch.
But you're definitely right, if there's gonna be a problem it's deinitely the danger of DL no lynchs rather than the danger of mafia waggon hopping in unison...
Firstly, why is it a bad plan? Apart from "mine is obviously better"-type of answers. Next up, how do you suggest we handle lurkers? Don't you think that if mafia quicklynch it'll just become evident that they are scum? Better yet, I feel secure when saying that mafia will not quicklynch. For the following two reasons: 1) they won't quicklynch one of their own; 2) if they quicklynch town then people will figure out what they are. So I doubt that's a viable idea.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:My comment has nothing to do with your comment on Lowell and everything to do with you ‘gut’ suspicion of me.
Well, I kinda answered to that too. It wasn't really gut, I just didn't really like your motive. In any case, my criteria for you has to be a little different. Last time you were doctor, don't want to repeat that mistake.

NINJA TIME

DO NOT LIKE LOWELL VOTE.
Lowell, either start being productive or get the noose.
Thief, either start being productive or get the noose. RVS is long gone and you lost your chance.
Quoi, same as above.
Feels like I've been here before.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Lowell wrote:confirm,
vote reck

@destruct- I don't lurk when I'm actually needed. And it appears I'm needed.
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote dancer
, the question about the game mechanics seemed scummy back on whatever page, as does his need to control things.
MOST LULZY ISO EVER.

EVAR
green shirt thursdays
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am

Post by brianj »

Shadow Dancer's insistence on bringing the town down to lylo is indeed weird. His root of argument is based on that mafia can't just jump on town wagon, but how can one determine if the vote was town or mafia-motivated if popular lynch actually occurs? Also even if no lynch decreases one additional target mafia could bandwagon against, I would very much prefer mylo over lylo for now (since mislynch does not lead to town lose like normal cases) as I would like to conserve no lynch for later more useful time then immediately where the need is not clear. I see absolutely no point for this post either; I don't think anyone was notably panicking (in which case where Shadow Dancer's post will be useful) and by publicly revealing his opinion that 'panicking' is town-tell it becomes useless since mafia can read it and accordingly WIFOM. His aggressive playstyle actually reminded me of the game I had with him where he was scum (Newbie 958) where he derailed the main town discussion by starting a fierce argument with single player disagreeing with him. Currently I give Shadow Dancer mafia verdict.

I am of opinion that DavidParker and Lowell is much more anti-town, however. Especially Lowell who seem to be jumping around popular bandwagons for no reason. I want to vote off either one of them today since such playstyle is going to be deterimental pretty fast as we approach the later game. I think this is not bad opinion since other people are also threatening currently non-productive members to speak up (Lowell, DavidParker, Thief).
##Vote Lowell

destructor, can you further explain how
Shadow Dancer, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2384519#p2384519]Post 21[/url] wrote:That being said: Let's stop this whole discussion now and start some real scumhunting! Yes: With real discussiun and real votes and a real lynch threat. And I mean that.
is town-tell? It is null tell at best; mafia has nothing to lose by casually saying "guys lets discuss" without actually providing something to discuss about.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

brianj, I don't guess you've played Mafia on GameFAQs, have you?
green shirt thursdays
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote dancer
How is a mechanics question scummy?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@brian: Nope, I just love an agressive playstyle.

@Magna: So you did not reread and try to understand what I actually said. Fine...

Since no one seems able or willing to follow my thoughts, I think I'll lay them down in a more oredered fashion tomorrow, I'm just too tired to do it right now...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Wow, i just came back, and as reading was gonna post my disapproval of how quick SD's wagon got rather big, and how Lowell's vote and explanation were incredibly weak.. Seems others have beat me to it.

Vote: Lowell
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Quoi wrote:Thief, you are now the scummiest person in the game. What do you have to say?
The irony of one non-contributor calling out another makes my heart sing.

@BrianJ re 112
– So you produce a long and point laden paragraph stating why you think Shadow is scum. And then you advocate what amounts to a policy lynch for either Lowell or DP. This doesn’t exactly make me feel all warm and cozy.
Shadow wrote:@Magna: So you did not reread and try to understand what I actually said. Fine...
Incorrect. I have no trouble understanding what point you are attempting to make. I just find that it seems a little too self-serving to be something that says Town to me.

nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

nopointinactingup wrote:@Reck: Wow, even more scum slip. From your action I can infer that you like bandwagoning. So why are you suddenly getting all overly defensive when a bandwagon is on you. I myself don't oppose to bandwagon, but the point of scumminess in your and Knight's vote on SD is you don't focus on his main argument to bandwagon but rather disgress on the minor coincidence that he is OGMUSing. Thus I see your actions as clear attempt to be one of the first to be on a wagon to lynch a town. And that makes me think SD is town too, Exilon is being taken advantage of and Knight being your partner.
@Magma: no power role so why not?

Since Knight is VLAing
Unvote:Vote:Reck
So no one would care to comment on my case? Not even Reck? I believe this is a huge scum tell right here and the scums are trying to divert attention away from it.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Thief »

Quoi wrote:Thief, you are now the scummiest person in the game. What do you have to say?
I have to say, where's your vote?

Coward.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I like you.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Quoi
Quoi
Townie
Quoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Quoi »

Vote: Thief
Hmm?
Quoi
Quoi
Townie
Quoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Quoi »

We haven't any time to waste on those uninterested in self-defence.
Hmm?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Shadow wrote:@Magna: So you did not reread and try to understand what I actually said. Fine...
Incorrect. I have no trouble understanding what point you are attempting to make. I just find that it seems a little too self-serving to be something that says Town to me.
Then let me explai it to you: I did
not
: Hi, I'm town because of my sarcastic reactions", which is your interpretation.
What I said that this town - every one, including me - desperately needs to stop to be a bunch of pissed of jerks blindly savaging each other. That will just cause town to turn against itself and give mafia an easy vitory.
I honestly think this antmosphere of excessive distrust, as understandable as it is in a vanilla MyLo, only serves mafia.
Undermining any reational strategy debate by calling out "lack of scum hunting" or "fishing for town creds" for it is also ridiculous and only plays into scum's hands. It is very well possible to do scum hunting and neutral discussion at the same time without mising up bot layers. However, scum definitely has an interest in supressing strategy debates by town and they have quite an easy job doing so because of their overwhelming numbers in this game. Thus I consider and will keep to consider most of the attacks against me on this ground antitown and posibly scum driven, my OMGUS votes are well justified.

This in
not
about me or any one being right.
This is
not
about me expecting to follow me blindly.

This
is
about a cooperative strategy of town, which IMO will increase our chances of victory - and they're bad, no matter how one looks at it - and also allows town to seize a certain control over scum actions.
This
is
about a certain level of discussion that is not driven by sublimal feelings of distrust and ego and not disturbed by irrelevant "scum hunting" attemts.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Max »

Molestargazer replaces KnightofZero.

Day now ends Wednesday the Third of August

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”