Newbie 958 ~Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 549, Equinox wrote:Everyone in this game knows Coach Travis is town. Don't bother with that, scum.
That's productive.

Anyway, in response to Equinox's case, I'm noting that Equinox has merely used a combination of scare tactics ("IC still alive in LyLo? must be scum!" and "Incognito is known to be skillful scum. Be careful!") along with pointing out things that aren't even scummy or were dramatically different in reality when compared to how she "interpreted" them to try and support her "case". I'll try to briefly respond to each point to show why each one is so flawed and scummy of her.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:Town do not need to find other town; their sole objective is to find scum. Using process of elimination to scum hunt is just handing the mafia victory on a platter. Besides, and you would know this, being on the same wavelength does not indicate alignment by any stretch of the imagination; it just helps you find out, assuming you are scum, who is easier to manipulate.
This is just flat-out wrong. There's absolutely nothing wrong with town-hunting; I've certainly used it to great success in the past to find scum, and I'm going to continue using it in as many situations as I can because in reality, it's an extremely good way to find scum. The fact of the matter is most scums simply won't
do
the things that one would consider to be scum-tells because they know that that kind of thing will get them locked into a noose extremely quickly. Town-tells, on the other hand, are things that are oftentimes extremely difficult for scum to emulate because they require more energy to do, and they oftentimes result in clearing other people as town. One of scum's main objectives is to keep as many mislynches alive as possible. Clearing townies makes a scum's job that much more difficult, which is why town-hunting is so cool.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Incognito managed to avoid mentioning anything significant about Alta, despite the questions around Alta's play. Pro-town IC should have noticed something at the very least.
I'm pretty sure I was the first one to question Alta about his early inconsistency in this post. How could you possibly call that insignificant? And Alta wasn't around very long for me to say much more than that; you're basically sprouting a "burden of proficiency" logical fallacy in that you're saying just because I'm an IC, I should have somehow known Alta was scum straight from the get-go. It simply doesn't work that way. In my experience, I've found that it's oftentimes difficult to differentiate between behavior that's just "newb-ish" and behavior that's legitimately scummy. I can't see how you're seriously arguing that I should have known better about him after his 5 or 6 posts of content. I'm an IC not God.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Incognito did some distancing from Shadow Dancer with some questioning and more questioning. The first questioning aims to get Shadow Dancer to take a stance; the second is more to get a grip on Shadow Dancer's stance than to determine alignment.
They were both questions that I asked SD to try and figure him out. The fact of the matter is Shadow Dancer
was
being wishy-washy with respect to Earlder, and I was trying to figure out why he seemed that way. And he was also doing this weird attack of me that had absolutely no basis behind it, so I was trying to figure out if he was legitimately concerned about my alignment or just riding the "IC paranoia" train in an effort to gain a mislynch since everyone else in this game seemed to have no trouble hopping on at various points.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] In that same post, Incognito presents some suspicion against Shadow Dancer's slot, despite lack of mention of Alta elsewhere on Day 1. This is the first time he talks about Alta's play in any sort of detail.
This is just wrong. In that post, I said Shadow Dancer was giving me a better vibe than Alta was; I didn't say he seemed suspicious there. And I talked about Alta prior to this post here and especially here where I talked about how he still read neutral to me. You really missed that?
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Later, Incognito does not see a case against Shadow Dancer. No other mention of his stance regarding Shadow Dancer was made between the post where he had "suspicions" and this one. Something changed and went unmentioned, or it's just inconsistent play.
What I've mentioned above makes this point completely invalid.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Lynch all liars. Uh, I mean, there is no pro-town motivation to mentioning how he didn't read DTMaster's posts. If town didn't read it, they'd just read it later and talk about it as if nothing strange happened... because nothing strange happened, merely honest neglect. Scum not only feel their own actions are scummier than they are, but they also feel the need to explain, almost excessively, the reasons behind their actions. This is one of them.
Was it smart of me to mention that I hadn't read his post? Probably not since it could have potentially tipped the scum off to me not being a PR here. But there's nothing scummy about mentioning that there. It was the truth - I hadn't read his post, and I was somewhat surprised to see him as the NK choice. I figured there was probably deeper meaning to it within his entrance posts, and I intended to find out what that might be.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Incognito leans town on Shadow Dancer because of only one action -- metagaming. That may be a valid reason early in the game to read someone because there's no other information, but this is a poor excuse of a town read in Day 2. Besides, scum can do metagaming, too. It's just a matter of how much time one has and how dedicated one is to the game.
I thought his meta-gaming looked genuine here, and I've found that to be a fairly reliable town-tell in the past since scum are usually too lazy to do such things and don't really even need to since they already know who's who in the game. They usually just focus on in-thread stuff as a result. Obviously I was wrong about SD though.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] In his response to Equinox's accusation about the lack of PBPAs, Incognito says he didn't want people to bank on them too much when he himself isn't confident. Lack of confidence in reads aside, this isn't very pro-town. Town needs information; any information you can provide, no matter how little, can help. Confidence issues can be addressed with a disclaimer. You just outright refused to provide it.
I'll keep the disclaimer thing in mind for next time then, I guess. You're acting like everything else I provided up until that point wasn't informational on its own though. I didn't put it in a fancy lay-out or anything like that, but I think mostly anyone looking back on my posts could have gotten a sense of where my thoughts may have lied with respect to certain people's alignments. So in actuality, I did provide town with plenty of information.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] Why base your suspicion against Equinox mostly on her predecessor's play? Oh, that's right... because Equinox can't defend LordChronos's actions without using divination.
Because you share the same role? Because he spent more time in this game actually interacting with his scum buddy than you did? And anyway, I
did
talk about how I found your sudden shift from a Coach Travis/Incognito scum pairing to a full-fledged Shadow Dancer attack when the tides were shifting against him pretty eyebrow-raising. So yeah.
Post 543, Equinox wrote:[*] Incognito's response to Zachrulez is defensive. He brings up his "town credentials" as a shield. Town knows they do not need to do this because their actions are innocent.
I'm assuming you mean brianj here? If so, brianj was accusing me of things that were simply untrue, and I was illustrating why what he said was untrue, and I wanted him to show why he thought otherwise. Just because I know I'm innocent doesn't mean I don't have to worry about people's attacks on me. Obviously I'm still trying to figure out what the possible motivations of those attacks might be, right?
Post 543, Equinox wrote:[*] The last time I saw Incognito talk about Shadow Dancer, Shadow Dancer was a "leaning town" read. No apparent changes in opinion between that post and his intent to hammer. Even when Incognito was talking about his trichotomy (suspects after DTMaster's death), he claimed Shadow Dancer to be town. Wishy-washy, much?
After my read, I thought Shadow Dancer seemed town. I'm not going to deny that. His L-1 vote and reason for putting Coach Travis at L-1 seemed opportunistic as hell, and I began to think that he just might be scum taking advantage of the situation. How is that wishy-washy? That's me re-evaluating my read in light of new information which is something town SHOULD do.
Post 540, Equinox wrote:[*] In the posts after this, Incognito begins throwing Shadow Dancer under the bus, followed by the hammer. He claims his flip in reading Shadow Dancer was first from Shadow Dancer's willingness to do metagaming and then Shadow Dancer's L-1 of Coach Travis. IIRC, Shadow Dancer received heat for his vote; that was a signal for Shadow Dancer's scum buddy to start bussing.
He received heat from the vote from me and then eventually Coach Travis. I like how you've tried to re-order the actual situation to make it seem like my change in opinion only came about after a momentum shift was happening though.

-~-~-~-~-~-~

@Coach Travis:

I apologize for the wordiness. I really think you should look into each point that Equinox brought up and my responses to each of them for yourself to see just how far from reality Equinox has twisted each situation. If you have any questions, lemme know. I'm off to bed, but I'll try to bring up more points against Equinox/LordChronos tomorrow.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Equinox »

[*] On the other hand, using town tells to hunt scum boils down to process of elimination. See how well that turned out on Day 3? Besides, we're in a newbie game. Your point would make sense in a game with a list of very experienced players. Newbies, because of their inexperience, are bound to drop scum tells sooner or later. Therefore, it's more productive to look for these scum tells rather than chase after town tells. Leave the town hunting to scum. Oh, wait...

[*] You did not pursue Alta's inconsistency later, as I recall. If you had, I'd have caught it and not just accused you of ignoring Alta. Yes, I am using burden of proficiency -- only because other people had pointed out Alta's behavior, yet you didn't do so for a considerable part of Day 1. It doesn't make much sense to me.

[*] Thanks for repeating my point. You did try to get a grip on Shadow Dancer's stance, but the questioning didn't feel like an attempt to get a grip on Shadow Dancer's alignment. You were just forcing him to take a position. In addition, I apparently missed your neutral read of Alta. I apologize. You're still scum.

[*] Town had
NO REASON
to mention not reading DTMaster's posts. At all. If it was the truth, you would not have mentioned it; after all, you honestly didn't read it, so there's really no productive reason to bring it up. Scum, on the other hand, need to emphasize that he didn't because he either knows or believes DTMaster made some serious, well-founded accusations, and DTMaster needed to be killed. I see no pro-town motivation for the statement. I see pure scum motivation.

All right, I need to go AFK for a bit, so I'll finish typing this up when I get back (in about an hour). I didn't want a hammer to drop before I had a chance to respond.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Equinox »

[*] Scum have reason to metagame, too. They need to build cases, after all, and metagaming makes for very good evidence. Even if they didn't, they can just fake it. Yes, you were quite wrong about Shadow Dancer's metagaming tell.

[*] I'd say you weren't all that informational, actually. Obviously, I know you're scum, so I know you've been feeding us bad reads for a good long while. Putting that aside, though, you really haven't. Even your scum buddy accused you of being intransparent, and that's what I've seen you as. Townies wear their heart on their sleeves, so to speak -- everything they think, feel, and suspect are laid out for everyone to see. Not you, though. Comparing you to the other townies makes that clear.

[*] I had 3 suspects: Coach Travis, Incognito, and Shadow Dancer. It's not all that strange to shift between the three. New information, new ideas.

[*] Instead of simply saying brianj's accusations were untrue, why not lay them out now like you've laid out my accusations? Are you hesitating because you
know
they were spot-on? Don't stop with brianj, either. Look at DTMaster's, too. Don't ream just my attacks, scum.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:
Equinox wrote:[*] I'd say you weren't all that informational, actually. Obviously, I know you're scum, so I know you've been feeding us bad reads for a good long while. Putting that aside, though, you really haven't
been informational
. Even your scum buddy accused you of being intransparent, and that's what I've seen you as. Townies wear their heart on their sleeves, so to speak -- everything they think, feel, and suspect are laid out for everyone to see. Not you, though. Comparing you to the other townies makes that clear.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Alright, still not planning to hammer quite yet but this sure is getting interesting. After reading through both cases extensively, and going over all posts brought up, I'm still leaning towards Equinox right now. The thing is, a lot of her points did seem to be really stretching it, and that's what I meant when I said Incog had already explained them:A lot of it just seemed like her trying to make him look bad when at least to me most of his actions being referred to were very understandable. And I also feel that the WIFOM about him being an IC, and simply saying he's better at explaining things just seems like Equinox trying to scare me into voting Incog because she knows there's not really a case against him but wants me to think there is. So this is definitely interesting. and I'm getting a bit closer to voting, but I still need to be even more sure. Maybe tomorrow.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Equinox »

Please consider the other cases against Incognito as well. I'm not the only one.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 4.3

Incognito (1)
- Equinox
Equinox (1)
- Incognito

Not Voting (1)
- Coach Travis

With three players alive, two votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Friday August 6 at 22:30 UTC.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Incognito »

I spent some time looking through different things that might illuminate this better. It's a series of quotes/posts that tell a revealing story and show make this a much easier decision.

LordChronos' actions

• LordChronos didn't really take a stance on anyone during Day 1 until I asked him to and when he did finally take a stance, he did so by placing an L-2 vote on the leading townie wagon of Earlder1 in this post. He didn't bother to move his vote to anyone else at any point after that; instead he poked around with a few questions here and there but pretty much just reaffirmed his vote on the townie mislynch. Keep in mind that around this time, Alta was receiving some heat and LordChronos largely ignored him. A LordChronos-scum would certainly have a vested interest in trying to maintain the townie mislynch wagon of Earlder while trying not to fan the flames of his buddy's fire.

He actually seems relieved when he sees the replacement:
    Post 136, LordChronos wrote:Sweet!

Hiya Shadow Dancer.
    I can see why now.

• Check out the defense of Shadow Dancer at the bottom of this post. Somewhat subtle since he disguises it in pseudometa-gaming but it's still there, and he does it in response to smashbro's analysis. I'm noting here that Shadow Dancer himself didn't even get a chance to defend himself to this accusation before LC did - why did LC feel the need to step in there so quickly especially when SD didn't even earn a vote from smashbro at that point? Hmmm, it's one of those imponderables.

• I mentioned this post in my previous LC analysis, but I mention it again now because I find it so interesting in retrospect. LC actually uses remouk's mistake as an excuse to attack him rather sharply. He even goes so far as to call him a potential Earlder1 buddy because of it. This is called chainsaw defense in its purest form.
Equinox's actions
(and she accused me of relying on only LC-related stuff rather than stuff on her. ha.)

• Here's Equinox taking a stance on the remouk side of the "spat" but not taking a stance on the SD end of the spectrum:
    Post 292, Equinox wrote:
    The remouk vs. Shadow Dancer spat
    : remouk was being genuine. I'm not entirely sure of Shadow Dancer's motivations, but whatever they were, this amount of tunneling won't get us anywhere. It looks like the debate is over, though, so I'm hoping to hear more from Shadow Dancer about everyone else in the game.
    And what's that at the end there? That looks like coaching to me. Such prescience - Equinox is actually affording her scum buddy a way out of what looked to be a potentially dangerous, attention-grabbing spat between her buddy and a townie by asking him to comment on everyone else in the game.

• This links to the infamous "Great Wall of Replacement". If you don't feel like reading through all of it, the key points that I think you should focus on are the following:

- Equinox says some fairly negative things about Shadow Dancer's play but somehow ends up mentioning that she's feeling better about his player slot. I mean, check out this whole bullet point of hers to see what I'm talking about:
    Equinox wrote:So, Shadow Dancer doesn't have an actual stance regarding Incognito, just a vague cloud of paranoia. Okay. Also, the way Shadow Dancer said that first paragraph gives me a bad gut feeling -- probably the way "mislynching an IC" went in there or something. Bleh. Anyway, how did Shadow Dancer miss brianj's posts? Other than that, this post is one of the reasons why I "felt better" about Shadow Dancer's slot.
    In this bullet point, she simultaneously does all of the following:

- She points out that she thought SD's stance on me was wishy-washy and vague.
    - She says the first paragraph of his post gives her a bad gut feeling.
    - She points out that SD missed brianj's posts.
    - But then she concludes that she's feeling better about SD's slot... and she doesn't even explain why it is that post made her feel better about it.

Why would someone who talks about 3 fairly malignant things about another person's play then come around and say she's feeling better about him? Very odd.

• Following the Great Wall of Replacement, Equinox attempts to push the idea of an me/Coach Travis scum team, but she doesn't vote CT right away despite the fact that he was the leading wagon - she votes me instead. My guess is she probably thought it would look scummy of her to place her first vote on the leading wagon of Day 2 (especially since that wagon was beginning to dissipate after I removed my vote from CT), so she nudged it on to someone else who, ironically, she was trying to tie to the leading wagon anyway. It's a very nice, elegant way that she could use to eventually nudge her vote onto the leading wagon itself. Of course that all backfired on her when the tide completely shifted towards her buddy SD, and she was suddenly forced into bussing mode to try and recover at least some kind of a chance to win the game.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I could probably list some more minor things if needed, but I felt like the above does a pretty nice job of showing why Equinox is undoubtedly scum here.

If you want me to respond to anything else, just let me know. The ball is in your court now though, CT.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

[*] Shadow Dancer started to do what I thought was scum hunting. It looked
better
, which doesn't mean "good." I can't explain why I didn't vote or why I didn't take a stance or whatever else I can't remember. That's just my stupidity there. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)

[*] No, I really wanted to lynch you first. Coach Travis, if he were scum, would drop more tells later. You, on the other hand, are as slippery as an eel, and waiting for you to drop tells is just like waiting for a miracle... and miracles don't happen. The fact that I'm the scummier player here says a lot about that. In hindsight, I should have lynched you first, and I never should have backed off you. That was a mistake that killed this game for town, in my view, but regretting that now does nothing.

[*] Again. Shadow Dancer declaring innocent on his scum buddy is practically suicidal. Argue this as WIFOM all you want, scum. Look at it this way, Coach Travis: It makes much more tactical sense to declare it on a real innocent. If that townie bites, that's additional support -- something in rather high demand in mafia circles. Declaring it on a buddy
temporarily
clears the buddy, but it's not a guarantee. Getting a townie to help you mislynch versus a temporary clearance of a buddy... it makes much more sense to pick the townie.

And that townie's name was Equinox.

I think we've established that Incognito's the less suspicious player here. Well-played with the subtle buddying to Coach Travis earlier in the game. So that's what the "fake"-ish interaction was... I'm going to hold on to that for a game someday.

I'm done here.

Drop the hammer.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Man, this is tough, and I'm going to feel pretty awful if I'm wrong, but worse things have happened. Thing is, while Equinox has been very passionate throughout this, Incog really does have a stronger case here, and all the evidence piled up against the LC/Equinox slot seems much stronger than and more concerning than anything anyone could pick out against Incog(which really is mostly just saying he's experienced as scum, and could just be tricking us,), not to mention most of Equinox's arguments are huge stretches, and even stuff like the thing with SD I feel could go either way, so taking everything into consideration, I'm going to
Vote:Equinox
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

INCONCEIVABLE!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Equinox »

Coach Travis, you're going to be waiting a really long time if you're hanging on for the results... (He's on the "Who Is Online" list right now.)
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I know. I'm actually forced to be up for a while longer anyway, so that's why.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Incognito »

Good game, all. I'm sorry Travis, but I was scum.

Going to sleep now, but I'll have some comments to leave for everyone tomorrow.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

Heh. Coach Travis is going to be stuck in suspense for the rest of his evening...

Well-played, Incognito. Totally well-played.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

I felt terrible about it especially after your last post, Equinox, since I could tell you were extremely frustrated about the whole situation but let's blame Nikanor for his bad random role generator!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I thought that since I outlined out Incog and Alta was heavily linked in my posts, the game was done at a S_D lynch :<
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Equinox »

I was actually laughing. I guess the in-game Equinox was pretty frustrated, though. ;)

EBWOPreview: I tried that. Nobody bought it. Even worse, Incognito buttered up Coach Travis pretty damn well throughout the game. If only I'd gotten that the first time I got a bad gut read on his interaction...! Alas, alas.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by DTMaster »

BOOOOO INCOG. MY REVENGE WAS TWARTED (then again it takes experience to sift through IC scum tactics, which comes from playing more games so don't feel bad CT for falling for Incog's ways).

CT: Word of advice, make your own cases. The biggest downfall in Incog's stance was the whole: "Everyone was townie read.". If you reread my original case, I had Incog setup for a quick inspection-lynch cycle because his "pro-town posts" had no "pro-town" reasoning.

If you read between the lines: He stoped advancing the town cause, by being helpful. Which sounds contradictory, but you gotta think these through.

Also the biggest slip was: Incog stating he didn't read through my posts, yet distance himself from me. Attach that S_D was desperately trying to discredit me, and a good reread was a good flag for Incog.

Finally: Equinox let this get away. When we had 2 CC cops, you throw your partner under the bus. There was a direct cop claim. Scum was forced to vote on their partner. My thoughts on the game :d
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by DTMaster »

It's not a stretch when there is a direct link. I even pointed out that Incog was able to understand Alta's mind and let go of a scummy post that Alta did. I can pull the quote somewhere.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by DTMaster »

A less then subtle sign was: Incog only acted when he was called upon or when it was beneficial for him to take control (ie see the catching up phase -> bussing his partner under the bus phase)
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Day Four Final Vote Count

Equinox (2)
- Incognito, Coach Travis

Incognito (1)
- Equinox

Not Voting (0)

With three players alive, two votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Friday August 6 at 22:30 UTC.

----------

On the last day, Equinox and Incognito quickly pointed at each other as the last culprit, and the coach named Travis was left with a difficult decision.

Coach Travis:
Wait, this isn't so difficult! I know exactly who to vote for!

Incognito and Equinox stare at Travis intently, Equinox with her cell phone in her right hand and Incognito with a pistol in his. Coach Travis looks at Equinox and starts to move toward her.

Coach Travis:
I'm sorry, Equinox. You're the one to die today.

Incognito:
Hold on. Before you do that, are you wearing antlers on your head?

Coach Travis:
Yes, of course. I wear them everywhere as a sign of my townie-ness. Why do you ask?

Incognito:
Oh, thanks. I just wanted to know if I could shoot you and pass off your death as a hunting accident.

*BANG*
Travis gets a bullet in the head.
As this is going on, Equinox is attempting to call for help on her cell phone, but to no avail. The line is dead.

Incognito:
Are you looking for this?

In his left hand, Incognito holds the cut telephone line connecting Equinox's cell phone.

Equinox:
You dastardly villain! You'll get what's coming to you! One day, you'll lose! It's only a matter of time now! And when that day comes, I'll be watching.

With that, Equinox quickly hangs herself.

Equinox:
I won't... let... you get... the satisfaction... of... killing me!

Equinox lets out one last gasp of breath, and then she dies.

Incognito:
That was easier than I thought.

???:
Not so fast, fiend!

Incognito:
Who are you, and what do you want?

???:
It is I, Nikanor the Sloth Bear, and I want to see the end of plaid!

Incognito:
Are you talking about this vest? I can take it off, you know.

Nikanor:
No, that is not enough! I must purge you from this world, to ensure you never taint this fair Earth with the vile checkers of plaid ever again!

Incognito:
If that's the way you feel, then I won't run from you. En garde!

Incognito tries to use his pistol as a sword, but fails miserably. He is quickly mauled by the sloth bear.

Incognito:
No, no! How could I die now, after coming this far?

Nikanor:
You made one mistake, and that was getting on the wrong side of a sloth bear.

And so, Nikanor the Sloth Bear is the only one left alive. The moral of this story: Always shoot the mod night one.

Equinox
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched day four.

Coach Travis
-
Vanilla Townie
-
Endgamed day four.

Incognito
-
Mafia Goon
- Mauled to death shortly after winning day four.

Nikanor
-
Plaid-hating Serial Killer
- Has survived and wins day four!

... Okay, maybe not.

The Mafia
(Incognito and Shadow Dancer)
win!

(Nikanor wins too.)
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The night actions are obvious, except that brianj inspected Incognito on the night he died.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by DTMaster »

INCOG I WILL GET YOU FOR SHOTTY's BRR MAFIA!!!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Equi, I'm sorry. I seriously need to re-read this game. (And learn from it.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”