Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Jarti »

InflatablePie wrote:@Jarti: I assume that was a joke given your response. Guess I'm looking too much into things then.
Was my using "in America" in the RVS supposed to be taken as an actual claim of being Bandit Keith?

Looking too much into things...or grasping at straws to make connections between me & FakeGod in hopes of pushing his lynch?

unvote: vote: InflatablePie

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

AlmasterGM (0) -
Brandi (1) - Charter
bv310 (0) -
charter (1) - FakeGod
FakeGod (3) - InflatablePie Pomegranate bv310
InflatablePie (1) - Jarti
Jarti (0) -
Kitoari (1) - AlmasterGM
MaxMouse (0) -
Pomegranate (1) - Brandi

10 alive, 6 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Brandi »

@Jarti: How would pie making a connection between you and FG help him to push FG's lynch? Maybe it's your wording or I fail at reading, but I'm just not understanding your post.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Pie lynch though, since he's been pretty scummy lately.
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Jarti »

InflatablePie wrote:Being that Dramonic flipped as Marik, isn't it possible that the scumteam consists of Marik and Steves? So wouldn't this make FG a likely scum candidate if his role name is true?

Bandit Keith became a Steve under Marik's control as well, IIRC.
InflatablePie wrote:Of course this implies that Jarti would be scum as well if that claim was true. Hrmmm... it would make sense since Jarti is defending FG so hard today.
He's attempting to build more connections than actually exist between me & FakeGod after I stated my opposition to the FakeGod lynch. Looks like scum grasping at straws for more reasons to push the lynch on FakeGod (omg, steves & marik!! joey & keith were steves in abridged!) provided FakeGod is town (which I believe).
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Brandi »

Ah, makes sense. In fact an overwhelming amount. Coupled with the fact that I find his being on the FG wagon odd to begin with. I would think he'd be at least hesitant about it considering he was in furry mafia with me and he knows how FG is acting exactly the same here as there.
unvote
vote: InflateablePie
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Brandi wrote:Ah, makes sense. In fact an overwhelming amount.
Coupled with the fact that I find his being on the FG wagon odd to begin with. I would think he'd be at least hesitant about it considering he was in furry mafia with me and he knows how FG is acting exactly the same here as there.
The bold is mine.

Pie, that was my point that I wanted your answer on.

I don't mind if you don't use meta, but at the very least you could've told Brandi not to rely on it or that you don't trust it.

The fact that you didn't make a single comment toward meta when it popped up
twice
is what I thought was suspicious.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

ATTENTION DUELISTS

You'll have to forgive my hair, as it's been working very long hours, and is starting to fall behind. >_<

Replacement is still being searched for Kit.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I could have sworn I commented on meta. Didn't I? Either way, just because FG apparently acted scummy before as town doesn't clear him now. And asking for multiple claims and directing PRs? He wasn't even close to acting like THIS in Furry, IIRC.

And Jarti, of course those would only apply if FG flips scum. I have a habit of looking for pairings when I think I have scum and it was just something I noticed, even if I got carried away. And I just don't believe FG at the moment, so of course I'd suspect the one defending him so hard. Wouldn't you?

charter, I voted you because I thought Pom had a good case on you, however FG became scummier + you defended yourself against said case, so I switched off.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Brandi »

I honestly think he was worse in FURRY. Way worse. Especially on the last day. I was so convinced he was scum by how he was talking, and so convinced you were town. :P
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Jarti »

@InflatablePie:
At the time you
first
called me out for "defending FG so hard today" & being his possible partner for it I had just recently:
Called FakeGod out on what I thought was a breadcrumble that didn't match his claim (essentially I was ready to vote him if he didn't have a good explanation).
Did the research and pointed out the possible breadcrumbles from Chronopie.
And then say "I don't want to lynch FakeGod" after he explained my misinterpretation of Timeater.

Essentially you tried to make the connection between me & FakeGod much larger than it was after I decided I wasn't for the lynch. Discrediting the people against the lynch by finding ways to connect them to the lynchee/exaggerate their opposition to the lynch comes off as scummy to me.

----

Interestingly, InflatablePie & Brandi have both taken very easy stances on FakeGod for scum to take provided he's town. InflatablePie essentially has used the "he's scummy now thus we should lynch him despite meta" which is easy for scum to fall back onto as their reasoning after a mislynch. Brandi on the otherhand has taken a "well he was scummy in this game too, thus I don't think he's scum", which is an easy way to go "I told you so!" if he's lynched. InflatablePie & Brandi both have shakey meta stances. InflatablePie's tries to justify ignoring it, Brandi's tries to justify relying on it.

However, going back to what I asked charter about the Brandi v. Pom exchange, I disagree with his answer. Brandi finally took the time to stick her neck out and both defend a player and attack a player for once. Pom initially tries to bite back at Brandi by attacking Brandi's voting pattern instead of actually defending against the point.

----

@MaxMouse You've faded into the background. Take a more solid stance, you've had enough time.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Brandi wrote:I honestly think he was worse in FURRY. Way worse. Especially on the last day. I was so convinced he was scum by how he was talking, and so convinced you were town. :P
In Furry all he really did was wagon and constantly defend himself rather than scumhunt, iirc, but I forget about games kinda quickly. Here, he's wanting claims and directing PRs. Kinda different.
Jarti wrote:@InflatablePie:
At the time you
first
called me out for "defending FG so hard today" & being his possible partner for it I had just recently:
Called FakeGod out on what I thought was a breadcrumble that didn't match his claim (essentially I was ready to vote him if he didn't have a good explanation).
Did the research and pointed out the possible breadcrumbles from Chronopie.
And then say "I don't want to lynch FakeGod" after he explained my misinterpretation of Timeater.

Essentially you tried to make the connection between me & FakeGod much larger than it was after I decided I wasn't for the lynch. Discrediting the people against the lynch by finding ways to connect them to the lynchee/exaggerate their opposition to the lynch comes off as scummy to me.
Right, so I got carried away with the crazy BK/joey theory thing, I know. I get a bit overeager when I'm sure I have scum. When I find someone very scummy, naturally people that say they won't lynch him/her jump up a bit on my scumdar.

Aside from his nameclaim, which now seems to be why you don't want to lynch him, you don't think FG has acted scummy at all? And you avoided my question from earlier, so let's reword it to fit your situation. You think I'm scum, right? So if someone came along saying "PIE IS TOWN WE'RE NOT LYNCHING HIM", you wouldn't find them a bit suspicious as well?

I do have to agree with you on Max, though. He needs to talk more.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

Post by FakeGod »

charter wrote:I kind of mean to sound like a broken record, but I still think it very pertinent that those who were voting me earlier give a reason why they picked me over other non-Dramonic voters.
Why is everyone like ignoring this?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Jarti »

InflatablePie wrote:Aside from his nameclaim, which now seems to be why you don't want to lynch him, you don't think FG has acted scummy at all?
Sure he has, now you're just ignoring my earlier suspicions of him. However being scummy != being scum. The fact is, since claiming to want claims, he hasn't attempted to jump on any bandwagons at all to attempt to force them closer to L-1 for claims and has instead stuck to his charter vote and pushed on it. I don't see this as something scum-FakeGod would do.
InflatablePie wrote:And you avoided my question from earlier, so let's reword it to fit your situation. You think I'm scum, right? So if someone came along saying "PIE IS TOWN WE'RE NOT LYNCHING HIM", you wouldn't find them a bit suspicious as well?
No, the question is dumb and very case-by-case. Once again, originally all I said was "I don't want to lynch FakeGod today" not "FAKEGOD IS TOWN WE'RE NOT LYNCHING HIM". Before then you can see my thought process as I prod him for explanations of his own breadcrumbling to see if how it matched in response to Chronopie's. I liked his answers and then backed off. If someone came in and disagreed with you being scum with reasoning, no it would not be a "omg, that person is more suspicious now! lemme look for connections between them" first. It would be "lemme try to make my case more convincing so we can lynch this scumbag" first.
FakeGod wrote:
charter wrote:I kind of mean to sound like a broken record, but I still think it very pertinent that those who were voting me earlier give a reason why they picked me over other non-Dramonic voters.
Why is everyone like ignoring this?
Who do you think needs to better explain their reasoning?
Same goes to charter.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 am

Post by InflatablePie »

When I have time, I will post a full case on FG. Oh, and personally, when someone acts a certain way and people find them suspicious, then that person changes to appeal to the town... that, I find suspicious.

I have a habit for looking for pairings when I have scum. It's my playstyle, more or less. Brandi (and FG) can attest to this - in Furry, I had a suspicion of someone and looked for their partner. True, I was scum in that game, but I can find links to where I have done it as town (although they are offsite).

Also, it's funny how I'm seen as suspicious for looking for connections, yet the main reason you don't want to lynch FG is supposed connections to Chrono.

---

Offsite game: Post 1, Post 2, Post 3, and a few more times throughout that game. This is the one I remember the most because, surprise, I was right. Ignore the fact it's in my "type in lowercase and be semi-aggressive" phase, you can look at my wiki for my games to grab my general town/scum playstyle nowadays.

Jarti
Jarti
Goon
Jarti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Jarti »

InflatablePie wrote:Also, it's funny how I'm seen as suspicious for looking for connections, yet the main reason you don't want to lynch FG is supposed connections to Chrono.
Um, it's
claimed
connections with him and a
dead
player. Honestly this is the same type of deflection that got me to join the dramonic lynch. Dramonic says: "I'm active lurking....but what about these guys!!!!" & InflatablePie says: "I'm making up connections that don't exist...but what about you!!!" Note, I'm not saying this is a connection; I'm saying I find it scummy for a similar reason.
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by MaxMouse »

Mod: I will be V/LA until Thursday, I didn't think class was going to get in the way but apparently the workload was ramped up to 11. Hence my lack of posts. I'll try to squeeze a post in as soon as I finish my work tonight, but then I'm V/LA. I might be back before then but just in case.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm not trying to deflect suspicion; it's a flaw in logic FMPOV. Connections are connections.

Speaking of dramonic, if you think I am scum, then you believe that I bussed (very hard) for dramonic, then? Is this correct?

Going to add that I do find Brandi's vote on me a bit odd, considering that I did address meta (although after FG brought it up) here. Yet she talks about it like I never addressed it. She says I've been scummy lately but does not explain why, and relies on the reasoning that FG used pages earlier to accuse me. At least Jarti has some reasoning behind his vote, even if I think he's wrong.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

^Meant to say pushed for dramonic's lynch, changed it to bussed and forgot to delete a word there.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

ATTENTION DUELISTS

Yet another strange occurrence has happened, baffling Steves everywhere!

Kitoari has turned into Fishythefish!
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Hello all.

I'll be catching up this evening. I should finish within 24-48 hours, unless this thread is unusually difficult for it's length.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

FISHY!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Hai Fishy. I know I've played with you before, but I don't remember much about you.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Finished a first pass at reading the game. I'll have some reads by this time tomorrow.

Chrono's breadcrumb:
Chronopie wrote:Unless He's a 'Steve,' I doubt that Fg is scum.
FG claims the character name of Chrono's brother, with a masons-who-don't-talk-or-flip role. Now, this breadcrumb basically confirms that. However, it still makes total sense - in fact even more sense - if they are unconfirmed neighbour-type roles (or any paired unconfirmed role). Chrono is saying that he doubts FG is scum, if he is truly Joey - if he has changed into "Steve" (as he does at some point in the subject matter, becoming evil [is this right?]), then he probably is scum. If FG was confirmed to Chrono, the "Unless he's a 'Steve'" is serving no purpose here.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Brandi »

Hi Fishy I remember you! Welcome :3
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, and hi to all the people I've played with before (AGM, Brandi, Pom, charter). I was glad to see all of you in the playerlist.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Fishythefish wrote:Finished a first pass at reading the game. I'll have some reads by this time tomorrow.

Chrono's breadcrumb:
Chronopie wrote:Unless He's a 'Steve,' I doubt that Fg is scum.
FG claims the character name of Chrono's brother, with a masons-who-don't-talk-or-flip role. Now, this breadcrumb basically confirms that. However, it still makes total sense - in fact even more sense - if they are unconfirmed neighbour-type roles (or any paired unconfirmed role). Chrono is saying that he doubts FG is scum, if he is truly Joey - if he has changed into "Steve" (as he does at some point in the subject matter, becoming evil [is this right?]), then he probably is scum. If FG was confirmed to Chrono, the "Unless he's a 'Steve'" is serving no purpose here.
This makes sense, but it also makes FG look bad.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”