Vote Count

Charlie (5) - Magua, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Twomz, Jahudo
Chronopie (2) - rhinox, Amished
CSL (2) - Pittbunny, Charlie
RichardGHP (2) - Xite91, animorpherv1
EGL (1) - nachomamma8
millar13 (1) - CSL
Xite91 (1) - Locke Lamora

Not Voting (9) - EGL, Ythan, kmd4390, holycon, raider8169, chronopie, millar13, RichardGHP

Chronopie and holycon have been prodded
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:16 am

Post by RichardGHP »

You'd be very hard pressed to find an actual OMGUS vote that didn't occur a) as part of a gambit or b) during RVS. Fact is, actual OMGUS votes that have no correlation with either of those two things just... don't exist.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Twomz »

There's many kinds of OMGUS votes. Obvious RVS OMGUS votes, 'That's a horrible reason to vote for me' OMGUS votes, 'Emotional' OMGUS votes, subtle pressure without a vote OMGUS, 'Your vote on me made me look over your posts closer' OMGUS votes... there are many reasons and possibilities for OMGUS and from what I've seen they happen all the time.

Sometimes they are for flawed or weak reasons, but not scummy. Sometimes (like when there is no actual vote, but the OMGUSer is trying to turn the wagon around) it is for scummy reasons and you need to watch for it >.>

Or maybe things have just changed from when I used to play.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Chronopie »

TBH, I keep forgetting about this game. Nothing particularly interesting going on here.

Millar claimed Beloved Princess with Lynch-only effects. Twomz claimed some sort of inventor type role. Did I miss any other claims?

And what are the cases on Charlie, myself, and CSL? (Seeing as we're the leading and 2nd= wagons.)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

Xite wrote:1) Oops, that was directed at Ythan, but I was looking at a quote from ssbf, so I said ssbf. And now that I look at it again, it wasn't him fishing so much as directing a vig-kill, so Ythan stop doing that. :)
2) posts 14-16 mostly
3) But for the sake of everyone else, you could at least respond to what you feel is important.
4) The two posts that I put side by side should explain that
5) Then what was?
6) Because the post RIGHT BEFORE THAT was you voting for him, it's hard to explain but you jumped right on a wagon out of nowhere, then you said you regretted it but didn't change it.
7) Because you've jumped into them, make a case, and then you jumped out of them just as quick.
8) Just a link if one of you turn out to be scum
9) Again, just a link. Also, I didn't say he was either. I said that he feels townie to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was scum. (sometimes the towniest player in the game is actually scum. In fact, it happens a lot) Also, I said I need more from him because he's doin an aweful fine job of lurking.
2) OK, well that wasn't flailing. at all. If you really think I was flailing and it makes me scum, feel free to explain why.

3)
rhinox wrote:Now that your back in, is there anything from that post you really want to me respond to now?
In other words, I've said all about it that I feel is important. If you think there is a specific part of it I should think is important or specifically answer to, point it out to me.

4) Still not seeing it.

5 & 6) Please go iso me and link me to the post where I ever voted SV. Then reasess these 2 points and see if they still make any sense to you.

7) I can see 3 instances where I maybe did what you're claiming - dana, you, and twomz. Re: dana, I've played with him before and I knew I wouldn't get a response and he replaces out of nearly all his games. My vote wasn't going to accomplish anything. Re: twomz, I was flat out wrong and backed out. Thats not a lack of confidence in the case, thats recognizing the case is crap. Re: you, I found a better lynch choice in chrono. Call it a lack of confidence if you want, but this game isn't about coming to a conclusion and carving it in stone, especially on D1. I can and will change my mind. Problem? My other votes: raider and chrono. I voted raider through 9 posts and 10 IRL days. And I'm still voting chrono and I'm confident he's scum. I'm surprised more people aren't willing to consider his lynch.

======================

@Richard #872: deliberately acting scummy to catch scum rarely works because town are just as likely to wagon you as scum for it, and its hard to tell the difference. Plus what twomz said.

Regardless, coming clean on your gambit doesn't make me want to lynch you. I generally agree with your town list, and the only 1 on your scum list I would argue is wrong is millar.

======================
Not Voting (9) - EGL, Ythan, kmd4390, holycon, raider8169, chronopie, millar13, RichardGHP
These players should participate more and vote. I'm getting bored arguing with Xite for the sake of arguing :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Rhinox »

Chronopie wrote:TBH, I keep forgetting about this game. Nothing particularly interesting going on here.

Millar claimed Beloved Princess with Lynch-only effects. Twomz claimed some sort of inventor type role. Did I miss any other claims?

And what are the cases on Charlie, myself, and CSL? (Seeing as we're the leading and 2nd= wagons.)
Here you go:
rhinox wrote:Chronopie: Information Instead of Analysis (IIoA) in post 653. That earned a iso read of you.

0: wagon hopping on millar
1: anti-prod post already?
2: IIoA
3: IIoA again
4: IIoA again
5: fluff/nonsense
6: anti-prod post and IIoA yet again.
Rhinox wrote:
chrono wrote:So Rhinox attacks the case on Richard, then votes for a (near) lurker...

Defending a buddy and trying to divert attention?

VOTE: RichardGHP

FoS: Rhinox
This post by chrono is uber-scummy. "Rhinox is scum and defending a buddy and voting someone else to divert attention, so I'm NOT going to vote scum-rhinox?" Doesn't make much logical sense there, since following the chrono logic, Richard is only scum if I am scum. Not only that, chrono admits to (near) lurking? Not only that, were chrono reading instead of pretending to scum hunt, he would see that no where did I attack a case on Richard, and infact I created my own case against richard?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Rhinox wrote:
Chronopie wrote:TBH, I keep forgetting about this game. Nothing particularly interesting going on here.

Here you go:
rhinox wrote:Chronopie: Information Instead of Analysis (IIoA) in post 653. That earned a iso read of you.

0: wagon hopping on millar
1: anti-prod post already?
2: IIoA
3: IIoA again
4: IIoA again
5: fluff/nonsense
6: anti-prod post and IIoA yet again.
Rhinox wrote:
chrono wrote:So Rhinox attacks the case on Richard, then votes for a (near) lurker...

Defending a buddy and trying to divert attention?

VOTE: RichardGHP

FoS: Rhinox
This post by chrono is uber-scummy. "Rhinox is scum and defending a buddy and voting someone else to divert attention, so I'm NOT going to vote scum-rhinox?" Doesn't make much logical sense there, since following the chrono logic, Richard is only scum if I am scum. Not only that, chrono admits to (near) lurking? Not only that, were chrono reading instead of pretending to scum hunt, he would see that no where did I attack a case on Richard, and infact I created my own case against richard?
I saw a person with few/no votes (You), defending a likely lynch (Richard), so rather than start an entirely new wagon, I piled on top of the existing wagon on said scummy player (Richard). Richard seemed scummy to a larger number, and I wasn't sure on my read of the situation (and my ability to build a cogent case, from scratch, and gather enough support). If Richard does flip scum, I see you being buddy #1.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Millar is scum, make no mistake. He just might not be mafia.

And, there is only one kind of OMGUS: Voting a person solely for the reason that they are voting you. People need to learn this, and that two people crossvoting each other doesn't always consitute OMGUS. Almost nothing in mafia annoys me more.

Vote Chronopie

How is your read on Rhinox affected assuming a town flip from me?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

RichardGHP wrote:So, lynch me if you want. If you decide to, ani, SSBF and millar are scum (kill them please !!)...

Unvote
The first sentence sounds like AtE to me. Also, you've put very little effort into trying to prove that I am scum. So I want your own evidence suggesting that I'm scum.

I also dislike how you unvoted, despite mentioning three lynch candidates (Me, animorpherv1, and millar13). If you think we're scum, why not vote for one of us?
You had nothing to add in the game? Between this post and the post before it, that's about 165 posts right there. That is a lot to analyze. How can you say there has been nothing "particularly interesting" going on when IMO, that's a lot to work off?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Me wrote:I also dislike how you unvoted, despite mentioning three lynch candidates (Me, animorpherv1, and millar13). If you think we're scum, why not vote for one of us?
Just saw that you voted Chronopie. My bad.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Chronopie wrote:And what are the cases on Charlie, myself, and CSL? (Seeing as we're the leading and 2nd= wagons.)
Read the ISO's of the people voting them, and it probably won't be hard to find their cases. So who do you think is scum?
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by holycon »

I'm sorry I havent been to active let me re read everything for day 2 and i will hopefully have a post for you tomarrow
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

I'm a girl so please don't call me a him he or dude =)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Lately, I find myself without the time that I need to convince you guys, so calling
LA until Monday/Tuesday
. Expect a long case from me, then annoying pictures until I get the votes I want.

Thank you.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

RichardGHP wrote:I created the OMGUS vote as a gambit to see if I could form a wagon on myself, whereupon I would analyse the votes to determine the scum who latched onto an easy vote.
This is just as bullshit as it has been any other time another player has posted it.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Rhinox: you'd posted not long before endorsing the SV wagon, for starters. You didn't even identify what it was you didn't like about it. Too many votes too quickly? Poor reasons for voting? Bad feeling about the players who did jump on? It's basically just a catch-all for absolving yourself of responsibility if SV flips town with no actual scumhunting worth, a mere few hours after having said you could get behind the wagon.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Ythan: Ever heard of giving someone the benefit of the doubt? It's fun; you should try it some time.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 am

Post by Ythan »

I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt in a game based on suspicion when you say you were acting scummy in order to accuse people who attacked your scummy play.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 am

Post by Charlie »

Xite91 is unlikely to be mafia aligned. Look at how she answers questions in ISO #56.

Toothless of late is pushing for my lynch in such a subtle way. I don't like it, (not because I've been in the lynch spotlight) there are better ones out there. What do you think about mafia inventors?

The way RichardGHP answers questions are slightly off, but he's town enough.
raider8169 wrote:So you are playing differently then your meta. Normally I hate metas but seeing as you are purposely playing different I would like to know how you are playing different to see if it has any merits.

Also, why do you disagree with someone's read without actually giving reason for any of it?
UNVOTE: CSL
VOTE: raider8169

Kmd4390 doesn't say much. Just now he said my lynch would be bad. Okay, but he's sitting pretty here for a reason. A reason, I tell you people.

Ythan is Ythan. I remember you.

In summary, I can only make a town list. I cannot make a mafia list. Thus that will be all.
Kindness
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Charlie: I thought I was actually being pretty upfront with wanting to lynch you, what with voting you, posting cases and pushing for your lynch at every opportunity >.> You're still dodging questions people have put to you out of apparent laziness.

And about mafia inventors? Pretty sure I've seen them before, but mainly in games like Upick where players get a list of powers to choose from and any alignment can get any ability. But, until the mod comes out and says 'Twomz is town' you don't have to believe it... if you want to assume I'm scum and keep pushing for you can if you really want to, it's not gonna hurt my feelings or anything >.> But if I were a 'mafia inventor' then I'd be able to give extra kills to mafia members in secret... and I don't really think I'd even consider giving them to other players or making who I give what to public knowledge, that'd just be stupid.

It seems like a lot of the town has posted cases/ISOs/lists/whatever and is waiting for others to respond... so please go ahead and respond so that we can move on with the day >.<
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:33 am

Post by raider8169 »

Charlie wrote:
raider8169 wrote:So you are playing differently then your meta. Normally I hate metas but seeing as you are purposely playing different I would like to know how you are playing different to see if it has any merits.

Also, why do you disagree with someone's read without actually giving reason for any of it?
UNVOTE: CSL
VOTE: raider8169

Kmd4390 doesn't say much. Just now he said my lynch would be bad. Okay, but he's sitting pretty here for a reason. A reason, I tell you people.

Ythan is Ythan. I remember you.

In summary, I can only make a town list. I cannot make a mafia list. Thus that will be all.
I come back and see this post, nice. Any reasoning or are you just trying to be scummy?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Ythan »

I trust an inventor to be town in a game based around the will mechanic and not strange roles. Raider give reasoning why Charlie is scummy if you're going to accuse him of not giving reasoning.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 am

@Charlie (#892): Your vote on raider8169 contains absolutely no explanation. He asked you a simple question and then you vote him for it. That's kind of sad.
holycon wrote:I'm sorry I havent been to active let me re read everything for day 2 and i will hopefully have a post for you tomarrow
I will hold you up to that. Since Tommorow = Today, I'd like a decent post coming out of you today and no less.
Charlie wrote:In summary, I can only make a town list. I cannot make a mafia list. Thus that will be all.
I'd be much more comfortable if you actually gave us a mafia list as opposed to a town list. Now granted, I don't have a problem with town lists, but I highly prefer to see mafia lists instead, as mafia lists (With explanation) make your suspects known to us.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Ythan »

I have not observed this in practice but I would think that having a record of town suspects would achieve the same results as having a record of scum suspects from a player. It forces consistency and minimizes allowable opportunism.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

Locke wrote:Rhinox: you'd posted not long before endorsing the SV wagon, for starters. You didn't even identify what it was you didn't like about it. Too many votes too quickly? Poor reasons for voting? Bad feeling about the players who did jump on? It's basically just a catch-all for absolving yourself of responsibility if SV flips town with no actual scumhunting worth, a mere few hours after having said you could get behind the wagon.
It was mostly that the votes piled on too quickly, as well as having some bad feelings about those who did jump on. Chrono was my top suspect and was threatening to hammer - I don't think chrono even mentioned SV all game, but now is suddenly ready to hammer? Pittbunny jumped on without giving a reason. Ani jumped on just to secure a lynch and avoid a no lynch. Twomz voted and basically said that SV would distract the vig from targetting mafia (implying the twomz believed SV to be town). These votes all happened nearly back to back after I said I could get behind a SV wagon (for the sake of argument, I'll allow you to call that endorsing the wagon, but IMO saying that I could get behind it is a far cry from being 100% ok with it). And, all of these voters seemed to take the lynching soley to avoid a no lynch, while forgetting there was still 4 days til deadline.

Now, I would have said all this yesterday. In fact, I was planning on it. I even had a post prepared similar to this one, that I chose not to submit because I didn't want to jump in and try to derail the towns first big wagon without giving SV a chance to respond to the pressure first. With 4 days to deadline, I thought I would have time to say all this after SV responded. There's something to be said for the process of, run up a wagon, defend, argue both sides, claim, and then use the information to decide on a better lynch choice (or lynch the original wagonee anyways). Like, SV claiming millar would have probably got him lynched anyways. I would have been willing to hammer at that point. But it still would have been worth having the discussion about it before the lynch to reference today.

==========================

Rereading the posts around the SV lynch, I noticed something...

Millar: did you know you were hammering SV when you placed your vote?

Raider: charlie's vote on you is crap and I understand you're on LA...

but all the same, it seems like an awfully big coincidence that you only posted after you get voted. Your posts today have mostly been about charlie. Do you think he's scum and want him lynched? What do you feel about other players in the game? Why aren't you voting anyone?

Ythan #895: Playing outguessing the mod? I'd prefer to base conclusions about any player based on how they're playing, rather than what faction a role is likely to be.

Chrono wrote:I saw a person with few/no votes (You), defending a likely lynch (Richard), so rather than start an entirely new wagon, I piled on top of the existing wagon on said scummy player (Richard). Richard seemed scummy to a larger number, and I wasn't sure on my read of the situation (and my ability to build a cogent case, from scratch, and gather enough support). If Richard does flip scum, I see you being buddy #1.
Except I wasn't defending a likely lynch at all. I was questioning Xite's genuine-ness in voting richard. In the same post you base this accusation on, I gave reasons why I would
support
a Richard lynch. Granted, my opinion of Richard has changed since then, but the basis for your argument at the time was faulty.

You are also telling me, you voted richard because there was a wagon on him so others thought he was scummy. You never said you yourself thought richard was scummy. This seems like a case of scum trying to blend in with the town - appeal to majority?

What I really want to see from you right now is, pick out someone you think is scum, give a reason, and place a vote.

If you're really feeling ambitious, I would also like to know why you were going to hammer SV, despite never once mentioning him previously in the game?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Ythan »

Attempting to dismiss my assumption, for which I provided evidence, without acknowledging that evidence in the least, noted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”