Mini 1012: Mafia In Soraville (Game Over!)

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Jack wrote:v/la for 2 days
Jack wrote:
vote:DemonHybrid
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Jack wrote:
vote:DemonHybrid
Quickest V/LA for 2 days ever.

Mod: can we have a vote count?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@DH: Because your explanation seemed more like a backtrack to me. If it weren't for that your cases would be more or less equal.

Seconding the vote count request.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

...Wow, wtf Jack

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

By the way, fair enough esurio.

So I think it's safe to say that Jack's gambit was for the one voting him first.

Waiting for Friend's reply to my wall.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Friend »

DemonHybrid wrote:A: You really want to focus on the fact that I took my vote on Jack "seriously". I really wanted to see how far you'd take your argument on me, and wow, did you ever take it far. Of COURSE I know Jack posted that purposely, no one can be that stupid. In your eyes, you could be town seeing dumb-scum, yeah, but I really think that your seriousness of your vote on me really shines as scummy to me, especially since you took your defense to the extreme here. And it's a bit ironic that you mentioned the "noobish mistake" part...that was the peanut butter in the mouse-trap. :P
So what did you think Jack was pulling when you voted him if you weren't taking it seriously? Oh, and you keep talking about how your vote was all just a joke, but then this...
DemonHybrid wrote:
Twomz wrote:Jack... that's like posting "Mod says I'm some kind of serial killer, I don't know what my alignment is, can y'all help?"...

Don't know if I should vote you or not... awaiting explanation.
It's weird, because he registered in 2006.

I'll bite though.
Who the hell asks about their own role on page two?
And this...
DemonHybrid wrote:I still want Jack to talk though. Who the hell says something like that, in all honesty?
That doesn't exactly scream "non-serious vote" to me.

I don't have anything really to say to your other points - nothing worth mentioning is in there. A lot of that stuff seems like we were misunderstanding each other or it's not important to the subject at hand.

You and esurio turning suspicion onto fugitive, whose playstyle is blunt and concise, reads a little scummy to me too. Guys like that are easy for scum to point at and go "wah he's not explaining himself OMG how scummy" when really it's not.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Jack »

I haven't started the v/la yet obviously. It's a 3 day v/la anyway.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Friend wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:A: You really want to focus on the fact that I took my vote on Jack "seriously". I really wanted to see how far you'd take your argument on me, and wow, did you ever take it far. Of COURSE I know Jack posted that purposely, no one can be that stupid. In your eyes, you could be town seeing dumb-scum, yeah, but I really think that your seriousness of your vote on me really shines as scummy to me, especially since you took your defense to the extreme here. And it's a bit ironic that you mentioned the "noobish mistake" part...that was the peanut butter in the mouse-trap. :P
POINT A:
So what did you think Jack was pulling when you voted him if you weren't taking it seriously? Oh, and you keep talking about how your vote was all just a joke, but then this...
DemonHybrid wrote:
Twomz wrote:Jack... that's like posting "Mod says I'm some kind of serial killer, I don't know what my alignment is, can y'all help?"...

Don't know if I should vote you or not... awaiting explanation.
It's weird, because he registered in 2006.

I'll bite though.
Who the hell asks about their own role on page two?
POINT B:
And this...
DemonHybrid wrote:I still want Jack to talk though. Who the hell says something like that, in all honesty?
That doesn't exactly scream "non-serious vote" to me.

I don't have anything really to say to your other points - nothing worth mentioning is in there. A lot of that stuff seems like we were misunderstanding each other or it's not important to the subject at hand.

POINT C:
You and esurio turning suspicion onto fugitive, whose playstyle is blunt and concise, reads a little scummy to me too. Guys like that are easy for scum to point at and go "wah he's not explaining himself OMG how scummy" when really it's not.
A: lolseriousness. You're reading way into the prospect of me "taking it seriously" when I never did. I wanted to see who would suspect me the most while I fell for his gambit, and you're it, IMO.

B: I should've screamed for more attention to my vote on Jack then, but I think that if I did that, I would've attracted town votes instead.

C: Neither of us have talked about Fugitive's scumminess. I simply asked her whether or not she was suspecting him for withholding information. The only people who's scumminess I've elaborated on were yours and Jack's.

You're doing a lot of assuming. Brb with another post with your compiled assumptions.

You want this one.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Friend »

DemonHybrid wrote:A: lolseriousness. You're reading way into the prospect of me "taking it seriously" when I never did. I wanted to see who would suspect me the most while I fell for his gambit, and you're it, IMO.
So you purposely fell for his gambit as a gambit of your own? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that for a second. Now you're just covering your own ass.
DemonHybrid wrote:B: I should've screamed for more attention to my vote on Jack then, but I think that if I did that, I would've attracted town votes instead.
I don't understand this - please elaborate more.
DemonHybrid wrote:C: Neither of us have talked about Fugitive's scumminess. I simply asked her whether or not she was suspecting him for withholding information. The only people who's scumminess I've elaborated on were yours and Jack's.
esuriospiritus in reference to Fugitive's play wrote:Hey, look, it's the same kind of thing I voted DH for. Why would you have information/an opinion that is not of the "hi, I'm a power role and x is town you can NK me nao" variety and withhold that information unless you are scum who is trying to suss out what is a "safe" opinion to have at this time?
Heh.
DemonHybrid wrote:Since I explained myself, why aren't you suspecting Fugitive more then, esurio?
Diverting attention away from yourself, I see...
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

@DH: Do you view assuming things as something scum do? If not, why are you making a big deal out of it?

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

For some points that I didn't elaborate on that well:
Friend wrote:Kov, why are you so afraid about Twomz OMGUS-ing you?
Seriously taking an RVS vote into consideration to bring things out of RVS. A little eager to start putting heat onto people.
Friend wrote:I'll assume you're referring to me.

What, specifically, are you waiting for?
I never said I was going to vote for you. At that point, I could've gone after Pie as well, but you were thinking about yourself instead. Way to quick to defend yourself, here.
Friend wrote: You and esurio turning suspicion onto fugitive, whose playstyle is blunt and concise, reads a little scummy to me too. Guys like that are easy for scum to point at and go "wah he's not explaining himself OMG how scummy" when really it's not.
You're feeling a little heated; time to turn the argument against someone else when no one was really talking about him that much (other than Pie, but you didn't mention him; just esurio and I). In fact, going by your logic, I'm surprised you're not pointing at least an eye at IP.

Preview Edit: Esurio: My point is, Friend seems to be jumping the gun a little bit as far as arguments concerning him goes. There's a difference between assumption when it concerns someone relevant to the conversation and assumption when someone isn't. (Nervousness can cause this.)

Preview Edit towards Friend:

1st point: Yep.

2nd point: You'd think that when I made such a big deal about making Jack talk, it'd be obvious that I knew that he wasn't that stupid...I even mentioned his sign up date @_@

3rd point: *I've never talked about Fugitive's scumminess. The only people who's scumminess I've elaborated on....

Mistype, sorry about that. It's pretty late here.

4th point: I was more or less curious about why she wasn't voting for him if Fugi did the same thing that I did in her eyes. Question answered, question dropped.
DemonHybrid wrote:By the way, fair enough esurio.
It ended right here. One could say that you're diverting attention away from yourself as well =P

You want this one.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I'll do a vote count first thing tomorrow morning (wait, it's after midnight...so...later this morning). I just got home from playing a lot of Call of Duty* with my friends at one of their houses. Should've just stayed the night, I guess. I NEED to go to sleep right now, so I won't do it tonight.

*Got a nuke on Crash with an ACR w/Holo Sight, SPAS-12, Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Ninja Pro, Claymores, Stuns. I recommend it wholeheartedly.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Friend »

DemonHybrid wrote:A little eager to start putting heat onto people.
That's a good thing, IMO. You're stretching now.
DemonHybrid wrote:You're feeling a little heated; time to turn the argument against someone else when no one was really talking about him that much (other than Pie, but you didn't mention him; just esurio and I). In fact, going by your logic, I'm surprised you're not pointing at least an eye at IP.
IP didn't act like he was suspicious. If you actually, you know, read my post, you could have noticed that I wasn't suspecting Fugitive for anything.
DemonHybrid wrote:3rd point: *I've never talked about Fugitive's scumminess. The only people who's scumminess I've elaborated on....
Pretty big mistype, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now and assume (OMG) that you were just skimming.
DemonHybrid wrote:Preview Edit: Esurio: My point is, Friend seems to be jumping the gun a little bit as far as arguments concerning him goes. There's a difference between assumption when it concerns someone relevant to the conversation and assumption when someone isn't. (Nervousness can cause this.)
If the arguments are poor, of course I'm going to defend myself against them. I'm not going to sit back and let you attack me without posting a response.

And yeah, I don't believe that you "fake-fell" for Jack's move for a second based on your posts afterwards. That vote was serious and you turning it into a "gambit" to cover your ass is scummy.

And congrats, Sora. I'm not good enough to get nukes :/
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

A little eager to start putting heat onto people.
In early day one, how is that a bad thing? The sooner people are forced to take stances on things, the better.

Gods, Sora, you could have at least been out all day playing a
good
game. :P (JK. But seriously, never seen the appeal in war games. Love most video games, but I'm probably just too much of a hippy pacifist. Which makes it all the more funny that I actually enjoy a forum game where people get all roiled up and argue over who needs to be lynched.)

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Friend wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:A little eager to start putting heat onto people.
A:
That's a good thing, IMO. You're stretching now.
DemonHybrid wrote:You're feeling a little heated; time to turn the argument against someone else when no one was really talking about him that much (other than Pie, but you didn't mention him; just esurio and I). In fact, going by your logic, I'm surprised you're not pointing at least an eye at IP.
B:
IP didn't act like he was suspicious. If you actually, you know, read my post, you could have noticed that I wasn't suspecting Fugitive for anything.
DemonHybrid wrote:3rd point: *I've never talked about Fugitive's scumminess. The only people who's scumminess I've elaborated on....
C:
Pretty big mistype, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now and assume (OMG) that you were just skimming.
DemonHybrid wrote:Preview Edit: Esurio: My point is, Friend seems to be jumping the gun a little bit as far as arguments concerning him goes. There's a difference between assumption when it concerns someone relevant to the conversation and assumption when someone isn't. (Nervousness can cause this.)
D:
If the arguments are poor, of course I'm going to defend myself against them. I'm not going to sit back and let you attack me without posting a response.

E:
And yeah, I don't believe that you "fake-fell" for Jack's move for a second based on your posts afterwards. That vote was serious and you turning it into a "gambit" to cover your ass is scummy.
A: It can be...however, it seems too forced in this case. What about his post made you think that he was legit scared to be OMGUS'd and not just joking?

B: I never said you were suspecting Fugitive. I meant that you were turning the argument around to include him (as in, Me/Esurio vs Fugitive) and to repel attention away from you. You hadn't mentioned him before that, and I hadn't even said anything about his scumminess, but:

"Friend wrote:
You and esurio turning suspicion onto fugitive, whose playstyle is blunt and concise, reads a little scummy to me too. Guys like that are easy for scum to point at and go "wah he's not explaining himself OMG how scummy" when really it's not."

this assumes that I just went and suspected him out of nowhere. It just rang out as an attention-repellent.

C: I had my mind set on me asking her that question when I typed that question, so it all sorta meshed together. Plus, it's 1 AM =P

D: No, no, no. Point completely missed. Let's take your post after I said "I think I know who I'm going to vote for", the one where you said "Vote for me, what are you waiting for?" I'm not just talking about straight up defending yourself, I'm talking about defending yourself when there's no need to at the time. How did you know that I was going to vote for you? Because I put you high on my scumlist? How do you know you were at the top of it? I never clearly said any of these things, you just assumed everything. That's what I'm talking about. What you're doing right now is straight up defending.

E: That's like the 5th time you've said that.

Preview Edit:

@esurio: It's not always necessarily a bad thing, but look at it in the context of this game. Do you really think that he was serious when he said "No, don't OMGUS me!"?

You want this one.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Friend »

DemonHybrid wrote:A: It can be...however, it seems too forced in this case. What about his post made you think that he was legit scared to be OMGUS'd and not just joking?
Nothing, really, but even a joke "OMG don't vote me" needs to be explained. It seemed nervous to me so I asked him about it.

How is turning suspicion onto you (who I've suspected all along) an attention-repellent?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I don't think he was serious, but I don't think it was out-of-line for Friend to question him for it as if it were serious, either. The post in question was on page two, for frell's sake. Any question made to draw out a serious response is a good one that early even if it would come across as paranoid later in the game, imo.

PREVIEW EDIT: Ninja'd by Friend.

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Friend wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:A: It can be...however, it seems too forced in this case. What about his post made you think that he was legit scared to be OMGUS'd and not just joking?
Nothing, really, but even a joke "OMG don't vote me" needs to be explained. It seemed nervous to me so I asked him about it.

How is turning suspicion onto you (who I've suspected all along) an attention-repellent?
It's not you turning suspicion on me, it's how you did it. I never talked about how scummy Fugitive is, but you used the fact that esurio and I had a brief 3-post conversation on him by saying that I called him scummy.

Also, no. Joke posts like that don't need to be explained. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't serious about it, so it rung out as scummy to me when you focused on it so deeply.

You want this one.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

It's like the fifth time he's said that because it needs to be pointed out because we want more votes on you. Oh, and nice move trying to divert suspicion on to me back there. Bravo.

Still want to hear from Twomz, as this debate will probably keep going for a while and I think he should offer his thoughts on it now instead of "waiting till it's over". Since he only answers questions directed at him: Twomz, what are your thoughts on DH vs Friend?

Preview edit: 3 new posts in the time I took to write this up? For the love of Cthulu...
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Jack »

unvote, vote:Inflatable Pie
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

InflatablePie wrote:It's like the fifth time he's said that because it needs to be pointed out because we want more votes on you. Oh, and nice move trying to divert suspicion on to me back there. Bravo.

Still want to hear from Twomz, as this debate will probably keep going for a while and I think he should offer his thoughts on it now instead of "waiting till it's over". Since he only answers questions directed at him: Twomz, what are your thoughts on DH vs Friend?

Preview edit: 3 new posts in the time I took to write this up? For the love of Cthulu...
Oh no, I used you as an example!

I don't suspect you at all. Read again: "Going by your (Friend's) logic, I'm surprised that you aren't keeping an eye on IP"

So...hmmmmm.

You want this one.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Friend »

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted something w/r/t you and fugitive.

What do you mean by "hmmm" in the above?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Friend wrote:Sorry, I must have misinterpreted something w/r/t you and fugitive.

Hmmm as in Pie's post is pretty interesting.

You want this one.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Jack »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Friend wrote:Sorry, I must have misinterpreted something w/r/t you and fugitive.

Hmmm as in Pie's post is pretty interesting.
ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Friend »

Interesting is even more vague.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”