Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

Macavitar wrote: At some point you have to stop relying on PRs to win the game and do some actual scum/town hunting.
Tssssss pointless jab statement that moves this discussion and game no where near forward. I'd play mountainous only setups if that was the norm.
Macavitar wrote:I mean, this discussion is starting to deteriorate into theory because we now have a new part of the equation in Locke Lamora to help clear things up, but I stand by my statement that what you're proposing is sub-optimal play.
Agree in the pointless-ness of this discussion. Disagree that my play was incorrect.
Unsight wrote: FWIW, I called the SSBF/MacCavityLock shenanigans on day 1:
So did jvw if I recall.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Benmage »

Percy wrote:
7. Benmage
Benmage 1453 wrote:I never voted for him to be hand.
This is the second time you've said this. Why is it important for you to establish this?
People's memories are like goldfish. Nothing wrong with repetition, is there?
Percy wrote:
Benmage 1295 wrote:
Axelrod wrote:I'm looking over Dana's posts today. And I find myself mostly ambivilent about them. They are not overtly scummy per se, but at the same time, don't have that "townie shining through" quality about them either. Dana is clearly disgruntled, but whether disgruntled town or scum is kind of up in the air. I'm not moving my vote because I'd still be satisfied with this lynch today, I don't like the claim much and Dana's play around the Raivann lynch still looks bad, but I'm also going to try and see if there's anyone who I'd really like to lynch more before the deadline hits.
Kinda feeling similar sentiment with re-readin since the stabbing...But I'm uncertain.
Hmm. I have a stronger gut-scum read of Benmage than Axelrod in this exchange, but scum on both.
Why so long to comment here, cause of dana's flip? You think I'm a lannister...Lol, did anyone campaign dan's lynching more than I did? WOW, so glad you're hand and probably not getting confirmed (insert massive sarcasm)
Percy wrote:
Benmage 1340 wrote:Since we can now agree that the reason is
to hide a potential scum read of mine
. How scummy of a move by me to withhold this do you think it is?
Just wanted to point out that this wasn't the point of the question LMP was asking you. It was that, as scum, not claiming who you stabbed prevents you from locking into a scumread, which is a good thing for scum - not that you might have a motive to hide an existant scumread.
Thanks for reitierating what was already known :roll: .. I was asking how scummy of a move that is.
Percy wrote: I'm running out of time. I have to get back to my research, and this post is long enough. I'm going to re-read Benmage ASAP and get on the wagon analysis I was talking about.
Please do come back, and talk more about me, maybe with some substance this time. Because I'm tired of seeing my name under suspicion. Or now just a point of interest.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

FYI Melisandre the killer of Renly, does not scream town to me.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Diddin, I want a claim from you asap.

Everyone else: bear with me, all will become clear soon.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by diddin »

Locke Lamora wrote:Diddin, I want a claim from you asap.

Everyone else: bear with me, all will become clear soon.
Why?

I will claim if necessary, but this is rather out of the blue.

@Percy: I did not stab anybody because I was still reading the thread when the event was going on.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Because, like Percy, I have information on you, this time from N1. If that wasn't apparent from my play you weren't paying much attention D2. I've become more concerned about that information because of something else that happened more recently. I'd also rather you claimed before I reveal exactly what I know about Percy, as if you're scum, you might then adapt your claim to fit around what you think my information tells me.

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Percy »

Just a quick reply to Benmage:
Benmage wrote:Why so long to comment here, cause of dana's flip? You think I'm a lannister...Lol, did anyone campaign dan's lynching more than I did? WOW, so glad you're hand and probably not getting confirmed (insert massive sarcasm)
Yes, someone campaigned for dana's lynching more than you - me. You already said as much.
Your push of dana was pretty weak, actually. A lot of other people helped me develop the case, but you didn't. If you'd like to link to a post where you were pushing dana particularly hard, I'd be happy to see it, but I can't find it in your ISO.
You could have easily decided to jettison dana early on and bus for town cred. I'm going to do a full re-read to be sure, but claiming the
greatest
responsibility for the dana wagon is majorly scummy.
Benmage wrote:Thanks for reitierating what was already known :roll: .. I was asking how scummy of a move that is.
OK, it's 4.53+π scumpoints. Thanks for admitting that you did something scummy, too.
Benmage wrote:FYI Melisandre the killer of Renly, does not scream town to me.
Yeah, except she didn't hack him to pieces, and despises the Lannisters as much as she despises the Greyjoys. Nice job buddy.

And I'll get to you when I get to you. You sure spammed the crap out of the thread at the end of the day, it's going to take me a while.

@diddin
: Oh yeah, thanks.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by diddin »

Might as well if it helps catch scum.

Claim: "The Hound" Sandor Clegane, Innocent Aligned

I used to work for the Lannisters, but now I work on my own.

I have no powers other than a vote.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Good enough for me. If you'd claimed something other than Sandor I would have gone after you. As it is I'm dubious because Joffrey turned out to be scum but we can deal with that later.

So, reveal time. I'm Littlefinger. My information tells me a player's role name. I claimed very vaguely because wanted to see if Percy found it necessary to safeclaim, which I suspected he almost certainly would. I was warned that some characters can deceive me, which makes sense with both godfathers dead.

Percy is not Melisandre. Percy is Asha Greyjoy.

Thor, you up for a vig?

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by diddin »

Thor, shoot Percy. If Locke is lying, we string him up immediately.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Great job.
Locke is my new bff.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Incidentally, once Percy flips scum, I suggest we take a much closer look at Mina and Rifka. There's also the matter of whether we think the Hound is likely to be innocent-aligned, but Diddin at least told the truth about who he was, which encourages me a little.

Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Macavitar »

@Rifka - can you please put people's names with your quotes. It would really help me follow your arguments easier. Thanks. (Same goes for others who have repeatedly done the same thing.)

@hascow - can you please put context with your links. It's very time consuming to have to click on 10 different links to follow your train of thought. Thanks
Percy wrote:Hi VP! Sorry about your apartment
Hey! No worries. Everything is back to normal now after a lot of elbow grease being expended.
Percy wrote:Now as Mina hinted, two of the Kingsguard kills were by Lannisters. Scum recruited to Kingsguard would want to off the Kingsguard as soon as possible. I'll go into more detail throughout my post.
Interesting line of thought. I think I'm following, but I'll let you explain it first I guess.

Can someone explain the stabbing CSL thing? I haven't read that part of the game yet and I have no clue what anyone is talking about.
Benmage wrote:Tssssss pointless jab statement that moves this discussion and game no where near forward. I'd play mountainous only setups if that was the norm.
Truth hurts huh. You can try all you'd like to be a braggart about your scum hunting abilities, but until I see them in action, I'm going to call you on it.
Benmage wrote:So did jvw if I recall.
ZOMG BUDDYING W/ UNSIGHT!

you see how stupid that argument is.
Benmage wrote:Because I'm tired of seeing my name under suspicion. Or now just a point of interest.
Who all do you think has you under suspicion?
Percy wrote:Yeah, except she didn't hack him to pieces, and despises the Lannisters as much as she despises the Greyjoys. Nice job buddy.
Now, I don't know the books at all (though your praise will probably lead me to read them), but I think this flavor speculation is offsides. Assuming anything about flavor means XYZ is usually bad form in a theme game.

And there we go with Percy scum. Shoot now please.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Votecount 3.2 The '
Ser...My Lady
' votecount.

Super Smash Bros. Fan (5) -
Diddin, Axelrod, xvart, Unsight, Hasdgfas

Vezokpiraka (2) -
Benmage, RichardGHP

Benmage (1)
Mina

Unsight (1)
MagnaOfIllusion

Not Voting (9) -
Percy, Thor665, Mikujin, Vezokpiraka, Rifka Viveka, Super Smash Bros. Fan,Locke Lamora, Macavitar, CSL

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Those who wish to prove themselves to the gods (have stepped forward)

Diddin, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Axelrod, Rifka Viveka, CSL, xvart, Thor665, Mina, Vezokpiraka, Macavitar, Unsight, MagnaOfIllusion, Hasdgfas, RichardGHP, Percy, Benmage
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Macavitar »

Mod, your step forward list isn't correct. I think Benmage and Percy both stepped forward

That being said, whatcha got to hide Mikujin?

Thanks, you are of course correct. Fixing now.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:16 am

Post by xvart »

Locke Lamora wrote:Good enough for me. If you'd claimed something other than Sandor I would have gone after you. As it is I'm dubious because Joffrey turned out to be scum but we can deal with that later.
Yes, does anyone remember when he leaves King's Landing? Is it
Clash of Kings
or
Storm of Swords
. Also, "hacked to pieces" could be flavor around The Hound's ferocity. But yes, we could figure this out after Percy gets buried.
Percy wrote:Also, his "Tell me how many shots you have!" question is scummy to the maxxxxxx, and his first question of the day is just so weird.
@SSBF
: Why did you ask whether I can facilitate a double-lynch?

I think SSBF should be our target for Investigation. I think it will provide much more useful information to the town than an investigation on me.
Post vig claim this almost reads as trying to hunt someone he knows will flip scum to get him out of hot water. I quickly skimmed Percy's ISO and there is relatively little in terms of actual substance referencing SSBF other than giving props to other people's arguments or finds, an occasional question or follow up (possible coaching).
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 1441 wrote:1. How many times are you able to shoot? I ask this because you claimed the role, but have not used it during Day 1 or Day 2.
Do you want to know so you know if you need to kill him tonight or not?

Locke - why did you pick diddin N1?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

Percy wrote:
Thor665 wrote:My intent is to kill vezok unless town can explain to me a better kill option.
Strong agree. Go Grey Wind, get 'im, boy!
I'll want to hear back from Locke first (dangerous to expediency, I know), though barring him having absolute proof on you I don't see anyone except Vezo getting a face full of wolf today. I don't think we'll lose much from having a delayed vezo lynch. If he's scum we'll have some functional discussion and if he's town we'll mostly sit around and grump about his play for a few posts.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

^^^

Missed an entire page, dorf!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm pretty sure that Sandor actually leaves during the Battle of the Blackwater because of the fire. That was towards the end of ACoK, if I remember rightly, so I think it could be interpreted either way. I would expect Jaime and Cersei to be more likely Lannister scumteam members but I'm not ruling Sandor out.

I investigated Kinetic because he'd basically lurked through the day and contributed very little, much like he did in the mini after his initial name-claiming plan. Not much attention had been directed towards him and I had a bad feeling, so I investigated.

Is Asha absolute proof enough for you, Thor?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Percy is not Melisandre. Percy is Asha Greyjoy.

Thor, you up for a vig?
I like being a scum killing vig, so yeah, I'm up for this.

Daykill: Percy

vezokpiraka wrote:Great job.
Locke is my new bff.
This is so true, you have a lucky horseshoe up in your colon for sure.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

^^^

Represents a belief in enough proof.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yeah, I figured. If I'd had any less of a certain result (like the Sandor one) I would have let you vig Vezo and got on with this after. Lucky doesn't really begin to cover it.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Mina »

Well, fuck. I take back everything I said. Locke, you are incredible.

Suggesting Percy step forward "because two other people had voted for him," without stepping up yourself was practically claiming scum. Suggesting Percy step forward because you singlehandedly caught the scariest possible scum player in the game makes me want to bear your children, and repeat once again that no, I wasn't appealing to emotion before when I said my strength is not getting lynched, THIS KIND OF EMBARRASSMENT HAPPENS TO ME THREE TIMES A GAME WHEN I'M TOWN!
Incidentally, once Percy flips scum, I suggest we take a much closer look at Mina and Rifka.

In my defence, I'll say that my plan was good in theory (since those who wanted him to step forward gave zero reasons for why Percy MIGHT be scum, just said, "well, let's just investigate him to be on the safe side!"), and that my play on Day One makes little sense if I was Raivann's buddy. (At least Percy made a jump to CMAR before placing his "second vote" on Raivann afterward and then leaving it there with no explanation. I was singlemindedly pushing Raivann the whole day and defending the counterwagon.)
There's also the matter of whether we think the Hound is likely to be innocent-aligned, but Diddin at least told the truth about who he was, which encourages me a little.
I think the Hound being innocent makes sense as an in-joke to the mini (like Robb Stark the one-shot dayvig).

As much as I was looking forward to owning Benmage with a case...fuck. I'm not sure if Benmage can be scum anymore based on links. I don't have work today, so I think I'll get off my ass and do that wagon analysis.

For the record, guys, after hascow's horrendous response to my hint about the nightkills, I'm 80% sure that hascow is a Lannister. He also got very defensive in the QT last night when Percy suggested that the early SSBF voters might have been Lannisters. I've been deliberately holding back my suspicions of him for my own reasons, but I've had my eye on him since Day One. Would anyone like me to make a huge case on him afterward? He is right now my top choice to be either lynched or proven worthy today.

Unvote

Vote: hasdgfas

Later, I'll paraphrase everyone's posts in the QT to point out possible links and distancing.

Need to think about if Percy was distancing from CSL. Considering he tried to use his double-vote to be on both the Raivann and CMAR wagons, I think he'd use his second vote as a means to create distance. At the time, I'd wondered why Percy seemed to suspect SSBF more than CSL, and called CSL "the biggest VI and the one whose links to other players are hardest to read", but left his vote on CSL all day instead of SSBF. I think there's something off there, and that one of CSL or SSBF is a Greyjoy.

Right now, I'm thinking Lynch: SSBF or CSL/Prove: hasdgfas (or possibly vice-versa). vezo can be left for another day.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Locke wrote:So, reveal time. I'm Littlefinger. My information tells me a player's role name. I claimed very vaguely because wanted to see if Percy found it necessary to safeclaim, which I suspected he almost certainly would. I was warned that some characters can deceive me, which makes sense with both godfathers dead.

Percy is not Melisandre. Percy is Asha Greyjoy.
See this is why I thought beating around the bush is pointless regarding Percy. I see the logic in using it to check diddin but was there any chance Percy wasn’t going to safe-claim given that we know from Raivann’s flip Greyjoy’s are scum.
diddin wrote:Thor, shoot Percy. If Locke is lying, we string him up immediately.
QFT. And if Percy does indeed flip Greyjoy it mostly confirms Locke and partially confirms you.
Thor wrote:I like being a scum killing vig, so yeah, I'm up for this.

Daykill: Percy
Of course as I’m posting you make the hit. :D

Regarding the Kingsguard
– Can someone still alive perhaps summarize the discussions held there? If there is information to be gleaned from that QT I’d like it to be as public as possible. In particular I’d like to see what Percy had to say if he does flip Greyjoy.

@MOD
– I think you missed my vote for Unsight in 1466
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:57 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

EWBOP
- Apparently I missed Mina's offer to summarize the Kingsguard post.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”