Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 am

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, now just some quick thoughts:
-First, I'd like to thank everyone for playing. I hope you guys all had fun playing ;)
-I was a little disappointed by the lack of activity and discussion. Going for 5 days with only 12 pages is generally not a good thing, and I think this made it pretty easy for the scum team to pull this one out.
-I think the scumteam played the game quite well this game, so props to them.
-Any thoughts/comments on my modding? I'm planning to run a mini-theme soon, so any constructive feedback and things you think I did well or things I could do better would be greatly appreciated :)
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Your a great Mod Kyle,

You did a great job! I have no complaints(Quite rare lolz).

Scumteam did great,

I GET A COOKIE FOR CALLING THE SCUM TEAM OUT ON THE FIRST DAY!!!!! I WAS FRIKKING RIGHT AND NO ONE ELSE WAS MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:49 am

Post by kyle99 »

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:10 am

Post by mykonian »

ok. First: VP was right. Town sucked. Esspecially Oop made it particulary easy to construct a perfectly sound case on him: you don't get to call people "noob" when you are playing like that. If I was town I would have lynched you just as hard. I really would try to change my playstyle if I were you.

A few simple things: cases will be made against you. Doesn't have to be scum: what you need to do is find out why they are doing that and don't let yourself go into aggressive OMGUS mode. This cost you this game: VP was swayed as soon as you went against me without any decent reasoning other then that my case must be wrong. Further, try to avoid the wiki-scumtells. People follow them although they aren't accurate at all. They are just easy and it is part of the meta on MS that you follow them. There are reasons for that, none of them are good, and the biggest of it is that people don't understand the game.

Kyle, I know it sucks, but all you can do as a mod to keep your game active is being the most active of all: give out prods often, find replacements quickly (actively search for them), post votecounts etc. If you slow down, chances are your game will too. If you are fast, the chances are quite a bit better that your game will be active too.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Ya, Active Modding makes Active players. I'm finding this to be true.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

thanks for modding kyle and congrats to the scum team. Well played for what it was. Good job calling the scum team Robo....now the next step is getting people to listen to your arguments.

Kyle, I would just reiterate what mykonian said. Overall your vote counts were fine, but I think part of the game lag was attributable to you in the sense that it took a really really long time to get some of those replacements. I know it sucks when tons of people bail from a game, but you really have to stay on the replacement issue. Most people will replace into a game for you if you ask nicely.

My own play this game was pretty apathetic throughout...which sort of shows in how terrible my reads were. Oh well.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

VP Baltar wrote:Good job calling the scum team Robo....now the next step is getting people to listen to your arguments.
:oops:

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Robocopter87 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Good job calling the scum team Robo....now the next step is getting people to listen to your arguments.
:oops:
Eh, nothing to worry about. Being a good natural scum hunter is more difficult than learning to be persuasive on these boards.
YOUR AD HERE

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I actually had nothing against them, I just said random players.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

What a horrible game. Nice scum victory though. With 2 townies completely tunnelled on each other, it was virtually unwinnable from my PoV. I read the game, and my top suspect was Hershey, so i cant even say i was doing much better. lol
I was watching at the end but didnt post because i was hoping we'd get some useful LyLo arguments from the 2 potential lynches. I sorta felt the Oop wagon sucked- it seemed a little too easy. But then, Empking didnt seem like much of a better alternative, although i typically find him hard to read. As it happens, they were both town anyway. Sad game. :(

One question: why did VP Baltar keep tracking me? I was vanilla for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure at no point did i do anything interesting, nor was i likely to submit a kill in my name if i was scum. lol

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Myk: I admit I may not have handled things well on my end, but your case on me was rather terrible. Especially where you kept making arguments about points without bothering to see if I'd responded to them or not. I just didn't get that across well enough.

gg, scum. Paltry did a good job fooling me, and my opinion on lurkers is forever shaken. :P
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Policy Lynch lurkers, it always works! :wink: :D

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by mykonian »

Oopidstay wrote:Especially where you kept making arguments about points without bothering to see if I'd responded to them or not. I just didn't get that across well enough.
This happens a lot, people miss things, and when they try to make a case they skim the thread again. In this case, it wasn't intentional. When you are playing with me again, you can be sure: I don't misread things intentionally. It just happens (and I'm sure I'm not the only one)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Battle Mage wrote:What a horrible game. Nice scum victory though. With 2 townies completely tunnelled on each other, it was virtually unwinnable from my PoV. I read the game, and my top suspect was Hershey, so i cant even say i was doing much better. lol
I was watching at the end but didnt post because i was hoping we'd get some useful LyLo arguments from the 2 potential lynches. I sorta felt the Oop wagon sucked- it seemed a little too easy. But then, Empking didnt seem like much of a better alternative, although i typically find him hard to read. As it happens, they were both town anyway. Sad game. :(

One question: why did VP Baltar keep tracking me? I was vanilla for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure at no point did i do anything interesting, nor was i likely to submit a kill in my name if i was scum. lol

BM
Well, you do lurk as scum. Or at least that was the meta I had of you. Apparently your policy is now to replace into games and say absolutely nothing. Seemed to me that you as lurking scum would perform the kill because you were under the radar.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Robocopter87 wrote:Policy Lynch lurkers, it always works! :wink: :D
Haha, they were all lurkers! I don't know if we had enough lynches to win the game by lynching lurkers unfortunately.
YOUR AD HERE

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:07 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Ya, I wish I had participated more in this game than I did. I'm blaming my basement flooding whole-heartedly (insurance companies suck). It's more fulfilling when you work for the scum win than just watch town implode.

Anyways, thanks to Mykonian for replacing in and being a partner I never really had to that point. Also, thanks to the mod for the game. No need to re-iterate what everyone else has said about prodding.

@Robocopter: Going for your lynch was less a matter of trying to get rid of someone who called both me and kthxbye out, and more going for a lynch I believe I could get. You really weren't playing to your meta, and your play during early day 1 was scummy. But I will admit I was immensly scared for a couple secs you were going to build a case on me (the only one of the two scum whom were active).

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Hopefully I'll play with you all in a more active game sometime soon.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Ya, i could've done way better. But I thought it was awesome I nailed you guys.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:What a horrible game. Nice scum victory though. With 2 townies completely tunnelled on each other, it was virtually unwinnable from my PoV. I read the game, and my top suspect was Hershey, so i cant even say i was doing much better. lol

BM
Well, you do lurk as scum. Or at least that was the meta I had of you. Apparently your policy is now to replace into games and say absolutely nothing. Seemed to me that you as lurking scum would perform the kill because you were under the radar.
Replace into games and say nothing? You are kidding me right? I replaced in at the start of a night phase, which was concluded before the due-date, and by the time night was scheduled to finish, you guys had rushed through an entire bloody day. Then on the next day, we were encouraged, i believe by yourself, that discussion was anti-town? We were NLing in any case, in the hope we got the draw. Oh and on the final day, there was a lynch before i had the time to post again.

Lurking can be considered something of a scumtell for me. But if you'd used your common sense, you wouldnt have kept tracking me lol. If you were in any doubt, i am NEVER submitting kills on behalf of the team unless forced to. Or if i'm in a mafia duo with Hackerhuck/MoS etc.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

BM wrote:Lurking can be considered something of a scumtell for me. But if you'd used your common sense, you wouldnt have kept tracking me lol. If you were in any doubt, i am NEVER submitting kills on behalf of the team unless forced to. Or if i'm in a mafia duo with Hackerhuck/MoS etc.
Well, I saw you as part of an Oopid/BM scum team, and therefore I saw it as far less likely that Oopid would be submitting kills after he was under so much suspicion. As far as not posting, you can make whatever excuses you like about it but the fact remains that you didn't really say anything this game. Perhaps it went down just as you said and you never really had a chance, but from my perspective it just looked like lurking.
YOUR AD HERE

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:29 am

Post by farside22 »

last post
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”