Newbie 960 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Explain to me how you ruled out Equinox, then. After all, she and I Am Innocent were the hardest pushers of the wagon. Locke Lamora only dropped the hammer when he feared his Equinox wagon wouldn't go through in time.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:Why not? You were around when we debated whether or not to go with the policy lynch. The result today is andrew94 is alive and has yet to contribute or to vote and end the game for us all.
I wanted Andrew lynched D1 after Memnon claimed cop. I was on that wagon with you and IKD when it stalled. And not because of the policy lynch, but because I thought that there was a decent chance he was scum.

Once he claimed doctor, we risked doing the mafia's work for them and/or killing the last person we had a chance of confirming townie (assuming we hit the roleblocker).

But we are in LyLo now. Discounting him as lynch candidate could be a huge disaster if he is scum. Would give us a 1/4 chance of lynching scum (vs 2/5 if we do consider him).

And I know, I know, [sotty]Appeal to Fear[/sotty]...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Nikanor wrote:Neto's wagon looks scum-driven as well, and both scum were probably on it.
Why did it seem scum-driven to you?

Equinox was the only other person to receive more than 1 vote, and she stalled at 2. Do you think scum were trying to save equinox? What would be there motive unless equinox was one of the scum?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

First off, *I* thought that Tittiboo was obvtown, so naturally I am going to think that there were more scum than town on that wagon.
Secondly, the only two people alive now who weren't on Neto's wagon were myself and andrew, so at least one scum was on Neto's wagon.
Thirdly, I think that andrew is town, so there are probably two scum on that wagon.
Therefore the wagon was scum-driven.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Also IAI, if you are scum then you had all the motivation you needed to lynch Neto over Equinox, as he found you suspicious and Equinox did not.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

Way to completely dodge my questions, Nikanor. Answer them directly.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Equinox: Fine, I'll say it.

IT'S GUT.

Those are the two words I never want to say because as soon as I say them, everyone else just goes "HURR DURR HE KNOWS NOTHING NO EVIDENCE MEANS NO CASE SO LETZ LYNCH SUM UTHER GUYYYY!"
And then we lose because lo and behold, Nikanor was actually right.

Where the fuck is andrew. I want to lynch the scum already.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Equinox »

I can see gut telling you the possible scum pairs.

I can see gut telling you who's most likely scum.

...I don't see how gut could tell you how some players wouldn't benefit from this particular NK. And you specifically brought up NK "analysis."

You know better than to simply say "GUT!" and have town follow you. Got any logical reasons behind the gut that I can poke?

Lastly, are you eager for andrew94 to come in and vote a townie so you can quick lynch? Mmmmm. That would be easy, yes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Equinox wrote:You know better than to simply say "GUT!" and have town follow you. Got any logical reasons behind the gut that I can poke?
That's why I tried backing it up with things like "NK-WIFOM," but nooo you wouldn't take that. >:[
I haven't read pages 9-19, so I've no logical evidence for you.
Are you not frustrated with andrew's disappearance in a critical stage of the game?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nikanor wrote:Are you not frustrated with andrew's disappearance in a critical stage of the game?
Oh, no. I'm happy as a bee. If andrew94 ever makes an appearance, guaranteed loss. If andrew94 gets replaced, I have a sliver of hope for this game. One of these outcomes is more favorable to me... This is, of course, assuming that andrew94 really is the doctor, which was what I was trying to find out earlier in the game day.
Nikanor wrote:That's why I tried backing it up with things like "NK-WIFOM," but nooo you wouldn't take that. >:[
If the NK WIFOM is the basis of your gut read, fine, but I still want the process of thought that led you to this conclusion. Gut has to have a basis somewhere, and it's probably not in the pages you haven't read yet; you formed the gut read before you finished.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i was playing maplestory due to the new release of dual blades.

i protected nikanor last night because i figured he and sotty was one of those not on neto;s wagons and it was one of them to protect as they are thus not a valid wolf suspect, thus the wolves would kill one of them at night. on hindsight, it probrally didnt matter anyway because i probrally got roleblocked anyway. so why ask who i protected?

@ equinox all ur posts indicate that your town and appeal to emotion 'guarenteed lost' blah and bullshit and your extremely scared to vote someone instead wanting to use 'FOS' . why is that? is it because your scared that you vote someone, nobody follows and your obviously scum?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

andrew94, just vote if you're convinced Equinox is scum.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Equinox wrote:andrew94, just vote if you're convinced Equinox is scum.

nice job of saying that (sacrifice) so your partner would not be involved and could claim 'afk'

vote equinox
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

We lose.

Nikanor is scum. Let me explain as soon as I finish typing up my big post.

Not that it matters... scum, get in here and quick hammer.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

Normally
I would try to weasel my way out of this, but if I was unsuccessful on Days 1 and 2, I doubt there is anything that would change here. What is the point of convincing someone who doesn't even bother to read the thread? This scum read andrew94 has of me started when I questioned him, and he has never taken it off since; that is my fault, and I will take entire responsibility for town's loss in this game. I also should have replaced out; that would have changed the situation as well... perhaps, as andrew94 seems to think replacing out is a town tell.

All in all, I am absolutely angry at all the failure, most of which is
my own

I'm done arguing with Nikanor. I've been holding on to this since this morning, hoping to get Nikanor to explain how andrew94 and Equinox were miraculously clear of killing jasonT1981 before shooting down. Now I'm tired, and I want the game to end or at least get moving to Day 4.

Since Nikanor has used "NK analysis," I feel that gives me license to do the same thing. After my game with Incognito in 958, I am not going to let something like a "WIFOM!" accusation stop me from using NK analysis.

Nikanor benefits the most from jasonT1981's death.

I dug up I Am Innocent's, Locke Lamora's, and Nikanor's scum meta. I Am Innocent and Locke Lamora have never, as far as I can tell, had a completed scum game with jasonT1981. They are out of the running for now. Nikanor, however, has had two: Open 167 and Mini 916. Nikanor the scum did not really get a chance to play in Open 167, as a cop investigation threw the game to town. However, Nikanor was in a team with jasonT1981 in Mini 916; being in a scum team gives you great illumination into your buddies' scum tactics, which makes for excellent metagaming in future games.

Even if I lose this game, I want the chance to be able to call at least one scum. Here we go. Take it away, everybody!

VOTE: Nikanor
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by andrew94 »

zzz equinox u screwed my epic plan up but i still think ur scum
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Equinox wrote:
Normally
I would try to weasel my way out of this, but if I was unsuccessful on Days 1 and 2, I doubt there is anything that would change here. What is the point of convincing someone who doesn't even bother to read the thread? This scum read andrew94 has of me started when I questioned him, and he has never taken it off since; that is my fault, and I will take entire responsibility for town's loss in this game. I also should have replaced out; that would have changed the situation as well... perhaps, as andrew94 seems to think replacing out is a town tell.

All in all, I am absolutely angry at all the failure, most of which is
my own

I'm done arguing with Nikanor. I've been holding on to this since this morning, hoping to get Nikanor to explain how andrew94 and Equinox were miraculously clear of killing jasonT1981 before shooting down. Now I'm tired, and I want the game to end or at least get moving to Day 4.

Since Nikanor has used "NK analysis," I feel that gives me license to do the same thing. After my game with Incognito in 958, I am not going to let something like a "WIFOM!" accusation stop me from using NK analysis.

Nikanor benefits the most from jasonT1981's death.

I dug up I Am Innocent's, Locke Lamora's, and Nikanor's scum meta. I Am Innocent and Locke Lamora have never, as far as I can tell, had a completed scum game with jasonT1981. They are out of the running for now. Nikanor, however, has had two: Open 167 and Mini 916. Nikanor the scum did not really get a chance to play in Open 167, as a cop investigation threw the game to town. However, Nikanor was in a team with jasonT1981 in Mini 916; being in a scum team gives you great illumination into your buddies' scum tactics, which makes for excellent metagaming in future games.

Even if I lose this game, I want the chance to be able to call at least one scum. Here we go. Take it away, everybody!

VOTE: Nikanor
there is also the argument that they knew of this and chose to kill jason......
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Equinox »

What epic plan, wolf doctor? You didn't have a plan. You've held this tunnel vision that Equinox
must
be a wolf
all game
. The only plan I blew up was a possible plan by the mafia to come in and lynch me. Otherwise, there is no plan to your vote -- you think Equinox is mafia, you vote Equinox, end of discussion. Are you admitting to a mafia gambit, you fake doctor?

Oh, but you're not my target today. My target is Nikanor. Now defend Nikanor or go away. You're not relevant.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Eh, I'd like for both Equinox and andrew to unvote and vote for someone else, starting with this guy:
Vote: I Am Innocent.
Equinox wrote:Even if I lose this game, I want the chance to be able to call at least one scum.
That's funny because I have a feeling that I'm going to be the one saying "I told you so" at the end of the game.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

andrew94 is not going to unvote. You'll see as you go through those pages. He's been stubborn and has been attributing almost everything I do to be a scum tell.

I, however, will. I didn't expect this result from you. Not that my stance has lessened any, but:

Unvote

As for the post-game: Everyone is going to say, "I told you so." I know I will. Unless andrew94 is scum, and if that's really the case, well... I'll be
rather annoyed
. Faking newb tells == rageworthy.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, yeah. What's this NK WIFOM and NK analysis you were on about? I'm still interested.

In the meantime... I'll probably look into the case on IAI. I'm going to give it a few hours before I start, though, because if scum quick hammers, I'd have wasted my effort.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by andrew94 »

my plan = waiting for someone to vote equinox (means that guy prob wolf) then i ninja unvote but since nobody has done that.... it is shown that equinox is wolf?

and u made this flawed argument about nikarnor to blow my plan up
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by andrew94 »

and lol again and again equinox u make a flawed/flawless case and then unvote.

gj
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

People are offline. All this proves to you is Nikanor is not the wolf, by your logic.

Why are you basing this plan when you believe Equinox is wolf? It does not add up.

Where is my case flawed, andrew94? If anything, yours is worse. Point out the flaws, please.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i said 'it is shown that equinox is wolf' because no1 hammered her

flaws= equinox/ppl know he and jason played? so equinox/ppl killed jason then equinox brings out this case and attempts to vote nikarnor out then immedaitely unvote soon after

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”