New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 am

Post by CCARaven4 »

I still like my diginova vote. I find him really nervous and flailing.
diginova wrote:My concerns are a moot point now, truthfully, since millar is no longer with us (and, in fact, was never really here in the first place, truthfully).
Now this is a super small thing, but why use "in fact" at the start, and then "truthfully" at the end? That seems like a nervous scum member to me, maybe even a scum PR that is nervous that, if he gets lynched, he'll lose his abilities and severely hinder his team.
Toogeloo wrote:
diginova wrote:I do find it interesting that Mothrax stated that he didn't like the RVS, yet still did nothing to get out of it, instead extending RVS even further by posting his joke "his sig told me to" vote.
This seems like deflection to me. Digi has two large posts of defensive behavior after AGar questions him, and he slips this single line in as, what appears to be, a deflective statement to redirect the attention back at mothrax.
I've seen this sort of defensive deflections as well, with him bringing up all sorts of people, millar, agar, mothrax, to try to get people to turn their attention to everyone else. When I put my vote on him, he attacked me, doing whatever he could to deflect attention away from himself.
diginova wrote:Have you read the thread? I have posted all the defense I will give on the matter; I explained my actions and if people feel that it warrants a lynch, there's not much I can say to change that and I'd rather use my time to find scum.
Instead of restating his defense or giving me a place where he defends himself, he tries to end "the matter" and move on, hoping that everyone else will follow him. If there is not much that he can say to change that, it feels as though he's giving up and doesn't even want to continue to defend himself. And of course that last line in there was a classic scum line that they'll throw in there just to seem very pro-town.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Porochaz »

Diginova - 5 - tubby, Agar, Lowell, mothrax, CCARaven
Mothrax - 3 - Toogeloo, Mr.Sandman, Zorblag
Agar - 2 - Charlie, Fugitive
Anon - 1 - Stef
Fugitive - 1 -Wraith
Toon Fighter - 1 - Benmage
Benmage - 1 - Anon
Lowell - 1 - Toon Fighter

Not Voting - 1 - Diginova

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline August 7th
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Benmage »

AGar wrote: For the record, all of my votes were intended to gauge reactions. Not from the players they were on, but instead from other players who might have followed my lead or called me on the carpet. All of them were bad votes with crap-logic. All of it was intentionally done in order to see how players would react.
I like this, because the troll buddying seemed oddly forced.

AGar wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: Diginova

Because pushing some policy lynches is scummy. They deter the town from scumhunting, they give no vote patterns and they overall don't do very much to set up for the future of the game. I don't believe your backtracking to say it was an RVS joke, mainly because you still emphasized why you would like to policy lynch the player. When the slot changed hands, you got back on your fencepost.

I'm serious this time when I say I'm happy with this vote and a bandwagon on Digi.
See i'm a fan of policy lynches. Had I known more or a majority of the players in this game and also saw someone worthy of a policy lynch. Known flaker/lurker/illogical bad player I'd have fully went after them to policy, probably not even bothering with an rvs vote.

This accomplishes several things. One I would've vehemently pushed this policy lynch. Second it would've either gathered support, or people would've countered me and we'd of ended the rvs and gotten into discussion at a much faster rate...So yeah rvs = lame. Policy lynches = good.
diginova wrote: I agree that pushing policy lynches is a scumtell, but I was not even attempting to push it at all. Thus why once he (actually, his replacement) posted, I removed the vote.
This is false.
diginova wrote:I brought up the policy because I have been reading through his previous games, and I didn't want any of what he did in that game to extend into this one, as I play Mafia for enjoyment, and his playstyle from the games I read saps any interest and intrigue from the game.
Have you also played a game with miller?
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote diginova
, he doth protest too much.
:twisted:
Toogeloo wrote:
AGar wrote:Toogeloo - do you feel that mothrax's vote was indicative of scummy behavior, anti-town or RVS shenanigans?
It came off masked as RVS I think, but his vote on Toon Fighter seemed like a way to get another train going,
and it's a very good point that he would use the excuse to vote Toon Fighter that it's still Random when he states he doesn't like the RVS at all
Agree.
Likin post 91.
vote mothrax
CCARaven4 wrote:
Zorblag wrote: @CCARaven4, why not vote someone else when you unvoted?

We're in that awkward stage between RVS and the real game where people will make way too much out of something that may or may not be anything, so I feel as though a vote at this point is useless and will not further our efforts to scumhunt. Of course, if everyone followed this logic, we would get nowhere and the game would stall. Therefore, I will join the largest bandwagon on the hopes of learning some new information, either by his lynch or by his defense.
Vote: diginova
I like the first half of this paragraph. Not so much the second half.
Toogeloo wrote:
mothrax wrote:Just want to say I have more to post once I get home from work this evening.
Why would you even waste space with this post? You have 72 hours from the last post before prods are even necessary, so why give us an update on when you plan to post later that day when it hasn't even been that long since your last post? Are you just trying to appear active?
I hate post like these ^^ Complaining about space while adding space. Now look at what I've done, added further space...yay we all get too look active :roll: . Will you reply to this? How much of this back n forth wasted fluff/spam can occur?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Zorblag wrote:My experience with Mr.Sandman is pretty limited but reading through the thread just now it was concerning that he had picked up his prod and not responded. I think he's a bit likely to hang back as scum. Seeing that he's posted (with pretty good content) is reassuring on that front.
I tried to check it on my phone but I didn't even get as far as reading it before it timed out, never mind as far as the thread

CCARaven, why choose to join a bandwagon you think is based on reasons you had already pointed out you didn't think were significant? And how can flailing be a scum tell if you think digi is defending himself against false accusations?
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

They're not necessarily false accusations, in my mind. The first few votes were definitely RVS votes, but then as soon as he reacted poorly to them, that's when the real votes started piling up.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by mothrax »

Toogeloo wrote:
mothrax wrote:Just want to say I have more to post once I get home from work this evening.
Why would you even waste space with this post? You have 72 hours from the last post before prods are even necessary, so why give us an update on when you plan to post later that day when it hasn't even been that long since your last post? Are you just trying to appear active?
No, I could care less whether or not I appear active... I was simply stating that I realized there were some questions asked/ things I needed to respond to but I couldn't get to them atm. I have seen people eaten alive in games because they hadn't responded to things quick enough, so I thought I would acknowledge the fact that I would do so when I had the time. Sorry to waste your space and the precious 30 seconds of your life. It won't happen again.
Mr. Sandman wrote:#82 and #87. In one, you say your preferred choice for where you would place your vote is Agar, but for an unexplained reason, you don't vote him. Why not?
Because time had elapsed between the two posts... enough time for me to realize my read on AGar wasn't as scummy as I thought... My read on digi has become progressively more scummy as time has gone by, mainly for the reasons CCAR mentioned.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by tubby216 »

sorry need to re-read expec content or something like it tomorrow
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

- removed
Last edited by Porochaz on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

Woo, Vote: Prozac!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 am

Post by Charlie »

I see what you did there.
mothrax wrote:... enough time for me to realize my read on AGar wasn't as scummy as I thought... My read on digi has become progressively more scummy as time has gone by, mainly for the reasons CCAR mentioned.
Nonsense.
Kindness
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 am

Post by AGar »

Mmm. I'm comfortable with my vote on Diginova. I don't necessarily see the probing Troll is seeing.

Charlie, explain what was the null-tell I asked about? Also, why is page 3 null to you?

Will post more later. Will be out of the hospital and have access to a normal computer soon enough.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Fugitive »

Vote: mothrax

/wagon
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Fugitive wrote:

/wagon
If you want a wagon, why the mothrax wagon and not the digi one?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Mr.Sandman wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

/wagon
If you want a wagon, why the mothrax wagon and not the digi one?
Because diginova has a cooler name.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by mothrax »

woohoo! there is a wagon on me... that is always fun... also, how can an absurd combination of mothra and anthrax not be cool?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Fugitive »

mothrax wrote:woohoo! there is a wagon on me... that is always fun... also, how can an absurd combination of mothra and anthrax not be cool?
Mothra is a great song, but anthrax sucks. The band and the chemical.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:32 am

Post by AGar »

Fugi, why are you openly randomly bandwagonning right now exactly? You're basically extending the RVS, which has already been said is only beneficial to scum.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Toogeloo »

AGar wrote:Fugi, why are you openly randomly bandwagonning right now exactly? You're basically extending the RVS, which has already been said is only beneficial to scum.
Possible that you just hit the nail on the head? Mothrax doesn't really even seem to care he has votes either, and Digi has disappeared since the wagon got rolling on him.

Alot of quiet names after looking at the player list. Some or all of these people either need to post more, or have a bigger voice. I didn't even know some of these people in the game, and lack of activity or content makes it easy to forget them:

6. Wraith
9. Lowell
10. tubby316
11. Stef
12. Anon
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:42 am

Post by mothrax »

Yeah, with a 5 vote wagon, I really don't care... It is actually benificial to town because we can analyze the wagon.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 am

Post by diginova »

Toogeloo wrote:Digi has disappeared since the wagon got rolling on him.
How have I disappeared since the wagon got rolling? I've given my suspicions, yet I don't see anyone worthy of a vote. I've already stated my suspicions and explained the facts behind the reason the bandwagon on me started in 75 and 79.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim, and if I see a post that I really don't like, I'll call it out, but not much is happening for me to comment on right now.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Fugitive »

AGar wrote:Fugi, why are you openly randomly bandwagonning right now exactly? You're basically extending the RVS, which has already been said is only beneficial to scum.
My vote was RVS like, but it did add to a wagon, therefore not extending RVS. It was not a random vote, just a vote with (supposed) random reasons.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

This.
Fugitive wrote:My vote was RVS like, but it did add to a wagon, therefore not extending RVS. It was not a random vote, just a vote with (supposed) random reasons.
Dress it up how you like but you added to a wagon with a random vote and I don't see how that's in any way helping the town.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Fugitive »

Call it whatever you want but it doesn't fit as a RANDOM VOTE (RVS). Random reason, yes; random vote, no. It's a wagon vote, which helps town put pressure on individuals and promotes discussion. It was guised under the pretenses of being a random/bad reasoning to gain reaction. I didn't like mothrax's response to my vote so I kept it.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Fugitive wrote:
mothrax wrote:woohoo! there is a wagon on me... that is always fun... also, how can an absurd combination of mothra and anthrax not be cool?
Mothra is a great song, but anthrax sucks. The band and the chemical.

if i had a day vig you sir would be shot for such blasphemy!!!!!

my appologies for being quiet i need some time here
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:21 am

Post by AGar »

diginova wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:Digi has disappeared since the wagon got rolling on him.
How have I disappeared since the wagon got rolling? I've given my suspicions, yet I don't see anyone worthy of a vote. I've already stated my suspicions and explained the facts behind the reason the bandwagon on me started in 75 and 79.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim, and if I see a post that I really don't like, I'll call it out, but not much is happening for me to comment on right now.
So you're going to lurk the whole time? Cool story bro.
Fugitive wrote:Call it whatever you want but it doesn't fit as a RANDOM VOTE (RVS). Random reason, yes; random vote, no. It's a wagon vote, which helps town put pressure on individuals and promotes discussion. It was guised under the pretenses of being a random/bad reasoning to gain reaction. I didn't like mothrax's response to my vote so I kept it.
It's a vote that had no reason, and it didn't add anything to the game. The only discussion that was promoted was focused on yourself and why a pro-town player would do that. You're lucky Digi is looking scummier right now.

Wraith is V/LA, btw. That's the only one I know from the player list.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”