Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nexus »

I don't think that's going to stop. If you think your words are being twisted, maybe that's a sign that those twisting it are mafia? I'm just exploring all avenues.

I'll go through the posts at some point and see what I think.
Trans rights are human rights.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Haylen »

Nexus wrote:I don't think that's going to stop. If you think your words are being twisted, maybe that's a sign that those twisting it are mafia? I'm just exploring all avenues.
That's what I've been saying! :cry: that's the primary reason I think Flay's scum.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Haylen wrote:
Beefster wrote:jmurph: I have more reasoning. I mentioned quite a bit of it earlier, but you seem to want a recap, so...
-The first thing that makes me wary was asking for a scum/town list
I didn't. Stop Twisting my words.
Again, I hate to bring this up, as I feel like it's been beaten into the ground, but you've continually said that you did not ask for this. When it was pointed out in your quote where you did essentially ask for it, you said that it's not what you meant. This is not us twisting your words. This is you trying to take back what you said because it's not what you claim to have meant. Now personally, just because you've gone about denying it isn't a scum tell. You clearly want to get it across that this isn't what you meant to say. I think we've got this, though it might be helpful if you acknowledged that you did say it, even if it's not what you meant.

However, the way you've gone about denying it or reacting to it has made me suspicious. You've reacted with such venom that it appears to me as if we've stumbled upon scum and you're afraid you're going to get lynched. I feel like town in this situation, especially an experienced town as you would be in this situation, would react differently, more calmly, and try to continue scumhunting and helping town. I haven't seen this reaction from you, which is raising my suspicion.

Also,
Haylen wrote:
Nexus wrote:I don't think that's going to stop. If you think your words are being twisted, maybe that's a sign that those twisting it are mafia? I'm just exploring all avenues.
That's what I've been saying! :cry: that's the primary reason I think Flay's scum.
So you think Mr. Flay's scum for this reason, while everyone else in this game (at least for the most part) have pointed out the same thing? That doesn't make much sense.
Haylen wrote:
Beefster wrote:-Misleading activity graphs.
They weren't misleading. They showed how many posts Jmurph had made over a period of time, if you would like to check out the statistics for it, then I would be happy to provide them.
I think part of the reason why they came across as misleading, at least to me, is because you were using them to justify my lurking, but gave no other evidence of everyone else in the game, so there was no way to compare to everyone else to actually use that graph to back up the fact that you thought I was lurking moreso than others.
Nexus wrote:EBWOP again. And you're taking that quote out of context. I was simply asking why I should believe what you have to say, when you voted for me, despite the fact I know I'm innocent? If you've made a mistake with me, that undermines all your other credibility....
Haylen already pointed this out, but I'll restate it in a different way. We can get scumvibes off of many people for many different reasons. As there are only two scum, it's very, very likely that we will each suspect more than two people during the course of this game, which would imply that we're all wrong at one point or another and that all our credibility would be undermined. This logic is inherently flawed.

I really don't like the way Haylen's acting, as I feel it's anti-town, if not full-out scummy. At this point, I would vote Haylen if it were closer to the deadline (as I've mentioned before, I don't want to put her at L-1 when we still have 5 days before deadline with a lot of things to be said and with a great possibility of opinions changing).

Also, @Haylen: none of this, at least from me, is a personal attack on you. I've played with you before and read some of the games in which you've played in the past. Please don't take this as such, as it is certainly not meant to be.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Beefster »

Haylen wrote:I will defend myself when my words have stopped being twisted.
I'm sorry, but we can't read your mind- as such, misinterpretation is inevitable.

I do not care whether or not this is a miscommunication, but I find that your denial and other general reactions are scummy. Townies are more likely to admit to something than scum is- scum tends to deny things- and I've been an example of this in the past.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

In post 285:
Haylen wrote: ...I've told you who the scum are...
I am not twisting your words at all. You claim right here to know who scum are. No one is twisting your words at all. I think moving away from that defense would greatly help your case because misinterpretation and twisting are completely different. I don't see anyone as maliciously takin what you say and changing it to suit their wishes. This case with me is a prime example. I did not twist your words. That is exactly what you said, and claiming to know who scum are is a bit of a scum slip because only scum can really know who scum are.
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by CSL »

The Extermination Vote Count

Haylen (3) Mr. Flay, Nexus, Beefster

jmurph3 (1) Zajnet
Nexus (1) Earlder1
Mr. Flay (1) Haylen
Kov (1) a2rudeboy

Not Voting: Kov, jmurph3

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Thursday, July 29th, at 7:00pm EST

There are NINE alive, so FIVE votes on a player will lynch.

Four days until deadline

Haylen is at L-2

V/LA's and Prods

Mr. Flay is on a perpetual V/LA status

Haylen is V/LA during weekends

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I'm thinking that Haylen may be scum after all, but Nexus is obvtown to me.
VOTE: Haylen
L-1. No lynch is a bad idea.

Fixed

PLEASE use red or blue in your votes for it to be counted.
Last edited by CSL on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Kov »

I don't know I think if haylens town nexus is scum and vice versa.
Won't hammer yet.

On iPhone so not long post :)
won/lost
1 / 0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by CSL »

a2rudeboy has been prodded.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

I've been prodded again. Which is to say I haven't posted in a while.

My main scum targets are still my main targets
I haven't seen anything worth posting about lately, other than some bickering between nexus and haylen.

Anyone have some questions of me to ask?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Argh. Weekend exploded on me, didn't get a chance to read until today. I'm on page 11, more within 6 hours.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mr. Flay wrote:Nexus has been really uncharacteristically silent since the focus came off.
Hokay, first things first. Nexus showed up within hours of my calling him(?) out for the quietness, which means they're reading the thread even when not posting. Hint: If you're Town, stop doing that. Quieting down is NOT the way to win the game, it allows others to control the discussion, and some of those people are Not On Your Side.
Nexus wrote:I was even more talkative because I needed to get the focus away from me, because it was heading for a town lynch, and nobody wanted that.
We don't know that, though. A scum will (usually) get talkative to avoid a lynch too, so it tells us nothing that you were active, just that you were nervous about being lynched. Being active is good, but being active only when you're under pressure is bad.

Hrm. Top of page 12, Beefster pushes Haylen to L-2 right after a VC. I'd say he's an unlikely scumbuddy if she flips scum (that was the tipping point vote). Nexus would be a longshot, but Zajnet looks most likely to be a bus of anyone, in my eyes.
Haylen wrote:stop tunnelling me all of you, and get back on track.
i.e. "stop voting me you fools!" - you've been in a bad mood for days, frankly the excuse is wearing thin. I don't think anyone should hammer yet, we still have about 72 hours before deadline and need to hear more from a2rudeboy (and probably myself). But I don't see any of the other current wagons right now as as likely to hit Mafia as yours. It's not personal, please stop acting like we're ad homming you.
Haylen wrote:Ok. Here's a question. Player D is very strong on Player E's lynch wagon on Day One, in fact, he is the leading participant in the lynch, it turns out that the player being lynched is a townie. Player D then claims Cop on Day Two with a guilty on Player F. Does the fact that Player D was wrong once completely undermine his claim that Player F is scum?
Of course not. Other factors may undermine it, but not being on a single bad lynch.

UNVOTE: Haylen
- just so we're clear, are you softclaiming? You're at L-1 as of the time I started this post, so I don't think it's too early to ask (and Kov is still being bloodthirsty as hell). This is a tactical unvote ONLY, to avoid a quicklynch if you say yes.
jmurph3 wrote:However, the way you've gone about denying it or reacting to it has made me suspicious. You've reacted with such venom that it appears to me as if we've stumbled upon scum and you're afraid you're going to get lynched. I feel like town in this situation, especially an experienced town as you would be in this situation, would react differently, more calmly, and try to continue scumhunting and helping town. I haven't seen this reaction from you, which is raising my suspicion.
This; exactly this. I was mainly probing for reactions when I started, but NONE of your reactions have shown me any reason to think you're town. A lot of it has turned out to be nulltells (the chaotic nature of your posts, the rapid-fire 'fluff' responses), but the diversionary tactics and panic are raising my hackles.

a2rudeboy:
Why do you only post when you're prodded, lately? Who do you think could be scumbuddies with each other as of this posting? Could you reiterate who your top scum choices are, please?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Beefster »

Flay: could you clarify why you just unvoted? I'm not following.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

After Haylen posts (if she doesn't explain it).
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Beefster »

Fair enough. Reactions are important too.
Get to know a meat boy
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ok. I was just trying to do what was best to stop myself from being seen as scum. Apparently that didn't work either. So. I need to keep being active, and I need to make sure that I'm actually contributing.

I'm going to bed now, as it's like 1am nearly, but I'll re read the thread tomorrow and try and be active. Sorry and stuff.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Haylen »

I wasn't softclaiming, just so we're clear. I was using it as an example.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Kov »

(and Kov is still being bloodthirsty as hell).
I was originally going to vote when I last posted but she was on L-1 and it was bit to soon to lynch. I won't vote until it's the 28th. Or Haylen convinces me she's not scum. Whatever's first
won/lost
1 / 0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by CSL »

WARNING! Three days. Remember what happens at deadline.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

For Beefster: Sometimes Mafia find it useful to "pretend" to miscount the votes and hammer a claimed Cop, especially this early when they have no results. It doesn't usually let the hammerer live past the next day, but hey, sometimes they feel it's worth it, and sometimes they DO live.

On the off chance that Haylen was getting set to tell us she was the Cop, I unvoted to drop her down to L-2. That's why I said it was only a tactical unvote, not because I found her any less suspicious.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Beefster »

Sounds reasonable to me.
Get to know a meat boy
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 am

Post by Haylen »

Mr. Flay wrote:

For Beefster: Sometimes Mafia find it useful to "pretend" to miscount the votes and hammer a claimed Cop, especially this early when they have no results. It doesn't usually let the hammerer live past the next day, but hey, sometimes they feel it's worth it, and sometimes they DO live.

On the off chance that Haylen was getting set to tell us she was the Cop, I unvoted to drop her down to L-2. That's why I said it was only a tactical unvote, not because I found her any less suspicious.
Do you realise how easy it could have been for me to claim cop if I was scum and out the real cop so my buddy could kill him during the night even if I'm lynched? Or to not have a counterclaim and sail through the game?

It's completely illogical to assume that I would not claim a PR before being lynched if I'm scum. That said
claim: CITIZEN
*twitches* I still have issues with this word >.>

Flay, you posted that you thought you knew the reason why I stick to newbie games. You're wrong, here's a list of reasons.
1) I love teaching, I don't like that that got reduced to "you want to take the easy way out and not be attacked." I probably wont get to do this now due to my performance here. Yes, I am a better IC when I'm scum.
2) You've probably noticed that I'm not very well liked "certain" members of the site, they rarely grace us with their presence in the newbie queue. This is the one place on site where I know I'll be "safe" from them. :/

Btw, the case on me is completely ridiculous and when you see my flip, I hope you lynch Flay tomorrow. SERIOUSLY, everything I've said throughout this game has been completely honest and has been twisted way out of proportion and the town has allowed it because they're sheeping the person with the earliest join date.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 am

Post by Nexus »

I object to that last statement. I'm perfectly capable of making up my own mind, and yes, Mr Flay might've influenced me a little bit, but I had my own views on you before hand.

I think you've been really unstable, so it's difficult for me to take your word. Sorry.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Haylen »

Nexus wrote:I think you've been really unstable
Can you explain this for me?

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Nexus »

Specific quotes or what?

You've been letting real life feelings seep into the game. You've gone from nicey nice to bat-insane in the space of 13 pages. You seem to be angry about everything, your reaction to people being suspicious of you has been one of rage, rather than reasoned discussion. It seems like you've let your frustration with people "twisting your words," cloud your judgement, and all in all it makes me think that either it's a really good bluff, or a really terrible one. At the minute, though, it's really quite suspicious, to me at least.

Once again, I apologise if I've misinterpreted anything, this is just the way I see things.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”