Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Lowell »

Lurking is really obnoxious in this game.

unvote, vote quoi
. destructor and david trying to push an alternate lurker-wagon sold me. Especially the way destructor just dismisses the quoi-wagon as "good enough" at lynch -2, then picks another lurker-target to vote instead. I'd say this will be a three-for-one deal if quoi flips scum.

This may be lynch-1 if I counted correctly, if that doesnt' wake him up I don't know what will.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Thief »

Thanks for bussing Lowell.

Claim time, Quoi.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Thief »

My thoughts on SD are as follows:
-He's posted a lot.
-He makes big walls of text that I don't have the energy to read
-He was wagonned real early real fast and is probably town
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Exilon »

Shadowdancer, page 8 wrote:@Ex: Why don't you let xRx defend himself?
I didn't realize me letting my interpretation known would strip Reck of his right to defend himself.
shadow Dancer wrote:@Ex: That attack was just lame. Give me one simple reason why scum would come up with it to "fake helping town" as you said (I don't cathegoricall say they won't, but I consider it rather unlikely, but that's based on what I would most likely do as scum, and sometimes I just do the unlikely, just to confuse people... WIFOMatics!).
Best part about this quote is that you actually state the simplest reason as to why scum would do so in that same quote. If you know that, then why bother asking me? Also, WIFOM? lol. What a great defense.

In any case, I'll do even better and provide you with a GOOD reason for why scum would come up with that specific theory:
Exilon wrote:A no lynch will make it so that mafia is one townie away of getting majority. It's already hard to play with only an advantage of 2 townies, reducing that number would hurt more than it would help.
In other words, it is a way to jumpstart the game with an actual strategy that only superficially helps town.

Here, I just have to do this.
ALL SCUM PLAY SO AS TO LOOK TOWN AS POSSIBLE, BUT WANT TOWNIES TO DIE.

Therefore, I considered and still consider you scummy for making a strategy which I showed to be hurtful to town, while superficially looking to it would induce people to think your strategy was a genuine and good attempt at helping town!

Just by the presence of that theory, I can conclude this! What do you think, everyone?~
(If you don't get the joke, don't bother.)

Destructor wrote:Exilon, is your username based on this guy?
No.

Why are you voting me, and why are you voting me after advocating lurker wagons?
You know you can't vig DP but you can lynch him.

Thief wrote:Thanks for bussing Lowell.

Claim time, Quoi.
...this is win.
You should both just die. And DP too.
Thief wrote:My thoughts on SD are as follows:
-He's posted a lot.
Like, a seriously painful lynch.
Feels like I've been here before.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Exi wrote:I didn't realize me...strip Reck...
This statement almost aroused me.
green shirt thursdays
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by destructor »

Thief wrote:My thoughts on SD are as follows:
-He's posted a lot.
You're implying that Mafia were responsible for the early/fast wagon? So, which players on the wagon are scum? Why?
SD wrote:@destructor: Let's see what brai does next, OK.
That won't address what I quoted. Your appeal to brian seems to be based on you already seeing him as a tunnelling townie.
xRECKONERx wrote:destructor is not nearly as pro-town as he thinks he is.
Why?

Lowell, I don't know why DP voted Exilon, but Exilon's not lurking.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Ex: Sorry man, but according to your loging every one in this game who ever dared to vote any one acted majorly anti-townish, especially when that one made the scond vote on a waggon, possibly enabling - as you say - scum to just do a united quick hammer. As has been pointed out multiple times by now - anyway it's just basic common sense - that is just not likely to happen.
In your words: Mafia wants -
needs
- to blend in as town - they just won't do it! Not now, at least. Period. I consider LyLo vs. MyLo the least concern in mafia considerations in this reagard. The difference boils down to a 1/4:1/3 chance of victory... But that discussion has been modkilled... So I won't pick it up again ;..(

And lurkers finally joining in would be better than lurkers just being quicklynched, don't you think... How ever, I do not care about scum lurkers. DP is high up in my scumlist now.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@dest: I don't want to discuss that until I have seen
brian's
genuine reaction to my approach. Sorry.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Lowell wrote:Lurking is really obnoxious in this game.

unvote, vote quoi
. destructor and david trying to push an alternate lurker-wagon sold me. Especially the way destructor just dismisses the quoi-wagon as "good enough" at lynch -2, then picks another lurker-target to vote instead. I'd say this will be a three-for-one deal if quoi flips scum.

This may be lynch-1 if I counted correctly, if that doesnt' wake him up I don't know what will.

Thanks lowell for providing some quality entertainment, i actually laughed out loud on reading this haha.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Maybe I should just lean back and enjoy the show... Let the lurkers fight each other!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:28 am

Post by destructor »

lol

Guys, I'm going to be V/LA in about 48 hours. I've let Max know that I may need replacement since I'll be away for over a week and may not have net access. I won't have much free time tomorrow, but if anyone has anything specific they'd like to ask me, tomorrow may be the last chance I get to respond. I'll make sure I get at least one post in before I leave.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Exilon »

Shadow Dancer wrote:@Ex: Sorry man, but according to your loging every one in this game who ever dared to vote any one acted majorly anti-townish, especially when that one made the scond vote on a waggon, possibly enabling - as you say - scum to just do a united quick hammer. As has been pointed out multiple times by now - anyway it's just basic common sense - that is just not likely to happen.
In your words: Mafia wants - needs - to blend in as town - they just won't do it! Not now, at least. Period. I consider LyLo vs. MyLo the least concern in mafia considerations in this reagard. The difference boils down to a 1/4:1/3 chance of victory... But that discussion has been modkilled... So I won't pick it up again ;..(
This is awful.
1) According to my.. loging... what?
2) "anyone in this game who ever dared to vote any one acted majorly anti-townish" <-- hum, when did I say this? It doesn't follow what I wrote. AT ALL.
3) Are you serious?
SD wrote:especially when that one made the scond vote on a waggon, possibly enabling - as you say - scum to just do a united quick hammer. As has been pointed out multiple times by now - anyway it's just basic common sense - that is just not likely to happen.
It's basic common sense yet you yourself were pointing it as being a dangerous possibility on #92 . On #110 I even went as far as to comment on that and completely destroying that danger, pointing yet again an argument made by you which only superficially "helps town". (= fake attempt at being productive.). You never commented on it, either.

contradiction much?

@Destructor:

Yes, I'd like you to comment on this quote from my last post which you never bothered to address.
Exilon wrote:No.

Why are you voting me, and why are you voting me after advocating lurker wagons?
You know you can't vig DP but you can lynch him.
Feels like I've been here before.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Shadow wrote:But seriously, DavidPaker quasi just told us directly to our faces: "See, I am a Lurker!" (and his few posts are helpful only to him - to avoid prods). Has any one played with him before? Is he a troll or something?
My only experience with David was the mini Disgaea 2. He replaced out early Day 1. Looking at his post history he seems like a player more comfortable in the Road to Rome. His posts outside of RtR say to me that he isn’t comfortable with the level of scrutiny or competition. This, of course, is simply IMO and you can make your own judgement.
Shadow wrote:@magna: Haven't we played a maraton game together with Quoi? I think he was as useless there as he is here, if I remember right?
We did play in a UPick TV themed Marathon with Quoi on Moving Day. He replaced in to a Mafia slot and pretty much lurked is my recollection. I think NoPoint was also in that game but got lynched early. Not sure how behavior in a Marathon style game in any way a good match for the normal environment.
Shadow wrote:
I don't like lynching scum just because of lurking.

I hate mislynching because of VI anti town lurkers even more.
And I'd definitely like to leave the state of prod voting lurkers already.
Explain how the bolded sentence makes any sense from a Pro-Town mindset. I understand the second sentence but Town should like to lynch Scum regardless of the reason. Also, please tell my how you reconcile the last sentence with this post –
Shadow ISO 34 wrote:Oh, and I'm going to be on every lurker waggon during D1! I don't think that's the final answer to the question how to deal with lurkers, but it will definitely discourage scum to try and lurk their way through D1. When in doubt, and since going LyLo is now impossible thanks to Max' stupid rules 6&7, let's lyncha lurker!
Shadow wrote:In your words: Mafia wants - needs - to blend in as town - they just won't do it! Not now, at least. Period.
And your statement certainly wouldn’t induce them to go the opposite way at all [/off sarcasm].
destructor wrote:I'm mildly irked by Magma pushing the argument that Reck knows SD is town. I thought it was clear he was referring to theory at the time and it seems like a stretch to see it otherwise.
You are mildly irked? Care to actually commit to a position. If you think it is scummy say so. This sort of back-handed insinuation isn’t the sign of a Town mindset. For the record – questioning Reck on why he attacked NoPoint’s assertion from a theoretical position as opposed to an actual in-game position is not scummy.
destructor wrote:Considering what I've seen since, I'd rank them something like this:
{Magma, (Exilon, Reckoner), Lowell, mole}
Why has your vote gone anywhere but me if I’m at the top of your scum list? It reads to me as scum trying to establish a false link to me if he ever does flip. I don’t like that at all.

FOS – destructor

@Quoi
- Are you hoping to lurk away the votes on you as opposed to contributing?

Exilon’s 228 in regards to Thief and the other lurkers is spot on.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Exilon wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:@Ex: Sorry man, but according to your loging every one in this game who ever dared to vote any one acted majorly anti-townish, especially when that one made the scond vote on a waggon, possibly enabling - as you say - scum to just do a united quick hammer. As has been pointed out multiple times by now - anyway it's just basic common sense - that is just not likely to happen.
In your words: Mafia wants - needs - to blend in as town - they just won't do it! Not now, at least. Period. I consider LyLo vs. MyLo the least concern in mafia considerations in this reagard. The difference boils down to a 1/4:1/3 chance of victory... But that discussion has been modkilled... So I won't pick it up again ;..(
This is awful.
1) According to my.. loging... what?
2) "anyone in this game who ever dared to vote any one acted majorly anti-townish" <-- hum, when did I say this? It doesn't follow what I wrote. AT ALL.
3) Are you serious?
SD wrote:especially when that one made the scond vote on a waggon, possibly enabling - as you say - scum to just do a united quick hammer. As has been pointed out multiple times by now - anyway it's just basic common sense - that is just not likely to happen.
It's basic common sense yet you yourself were pointing it as being a dangerous possibility on #92 . On #110 I even went as far as to comment on that and completely destroying that danger, pointing yet again an argument made by you which only superficially "helps town". (= fake attempt at being productive.). You never commented on it, either.

contradiction much?
You basically say it yourself again: You have no point at all. The contradiction lies in
your
logic, it appears as soon as I pick up your lame argument. Don't try to pretend now that the "Oooh, mafia will just kill us in LyLo" came from me (to be fair, that issue was first raised by the mod, though, he made this setup as flawed as it is).
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:We did play in a UPick TV themed Marathon with Quoi on Moving Day. He replaced in to a Mafia slot and pretty much lurked is my recollection. I think NoPoint was also in that game but got lynched early.
Not sure how behavior in a Marathon style game in any way a good match for the normal environment.
QFT.
I thought about another game... But maybe I am wrong... I thought Quoi was town and I lynched you as mafia in LyLo... But maybe I am totally wrong here... I cannot find the moving day games anywhere in the forums or archives :(
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@ex: Oh, loging = logic, but you could have deduced that from the context if you'd ever dare to think further than your nosetip...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Explain how the bolded sentence makes any sense from a Pro-Town mindset. I understand the second sentence but Town should like to lynch Scum regardless of the reason. Also, please tell my how you reconcile the last sentence with this post –

The problem is that it is hard to determine if some one is lurking because he is mafia or because of any other reason x that comes to mind... And most of the hard lurkers here seem to have a history of lurking. The problem is that our margin for mislynches is minimal in this game.
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 am

Post by brianj »

I'm back- to walk into sudden L-1? xD
I got an idea.
VOTE: Quoi

Well then. I do not expect my activity level to rise in current state (playing more than one game at the same time) so better make best of what situation there is.
Quoi
Quoi
Townie
Quoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Quoi »

Somebody care to tell me why I was a better lynch than Theif?
Hmm?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK STOP ADDING CONTENT.
green shirt thursdays
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Quoi wrote:
Thief wrote:
Fortunately for you we do have time to waste on lurkers who push targets who are uninterested in defending themselves (read: easy targets) based off no reasoning.
Not defending yourself is strongly antitown.
Quoi, this is your reason for why Thief is hurtful to town, which is exactly what you are doing. So tell me why Thief is a better lynch than you when you both lurks, you both do not defend yourself but only you contradict yourself.

NO ONE HAMMERS UNLESS YOU ARE SCUM.
Justice will prevail
\m/
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: QUOI

TEH HAMMARZ
green shirt thursdays
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Players like Reck are the opposite of what townie should be in order to win this game. I will push for his lynch tomorrow regardless of Quoi's flip.
Justice will prevail
\m/
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Players like NPIAU are the opposite of what players should be in order to have fun in this game. I will push for his lynch in every game regardless of any flips.

FUCK YOU IM DRUNK YOU FUCK ASS
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, NPIAU is reaching VasudeVa levels of fail.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”