Netlava - 2 - The Fonz, ekiM
drmyshottyizsik - 1 - Zajnet
yabbaguy - 1 - Beefster
Ythan - 1 - Alduskkel
Zajnet - 1 - Netlava

Not voting: drmyshottyizsik

With 11 alive, it is 6 to lynch. Deadline: August 16

....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Zajnet »

UNVOTE: drmyshottyizsik
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

yabbaguy wrote:
@Fonz: Help me out here, what question to or about Netlava are you voting him over? The N0 Vig question?
Yes.
Netlava wrote:Blatantly anti-town? That seems like a mischaracterization. I was about to answer the question, but then decided to see if there were any objections first.
Well, pro or antitown is an opinion, so can't really be a mischaracterisation. But I think what is problematic about your post is that the problem with that question is apparent with about a microsecond's thought, so the fact that you didn't have a problem with it indicates you didn't really think about it, which is at best unhelpful.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Beefster »

yabbaguy wrote:Beefster taking a strong stance also fuels the game as well, saying that he thinks speculation is worthless (It's not!).
I never said that speculation was worthless. Read again.

I don't understand why you're attacking me for overlooking the vigilante. This is a complex setup.

My vote stands for now.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:58 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Hi guys sorry I lost my link to the game. I am quite inclined to agree with ekim's case on netlava, but I'm not sure if he is playing scummy or just anti town, but
Vote: netlava
#freeShotty
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 am

Post by kyle99 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm not sure if he is playing scummy or just anti town
This line really makes no sense. You think he's playing either scummy, or anti-town as a townie?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 am

Yes, either he is scum or his playstyle is anti town. I would like to meta read him. NETLAVA SEND ME A LINK OF YOU PLAYING TOWN AND MAFIA PLEASE
#freeShotty
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Quickposting to say that I believe drmy just voted while on the fence.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Slightly-longer posting to inquire of Beefster why thinking something is worthless is not the same as thinking it a bad idea. That's how I discerned that word, in that bad idea in this case would mean useless because the benefits are outweighed by the risks (?).

The other thing is that I came into the game saying VV. Alduskkel said VVVV and VV and there were about a couple other references to what the VV/VVVV input was in the setup. It was quite plainly there, so you somehow overlooking ALL of that and proceeding to immediately discern Serial Killer is, well, fascinating. Whether it's scummy, eh, it could just be you not reading. But it's just odd.
Unvote

Why are you still voting me? It's not contrived to a scummy degree what I'm saying to you.

Also, @all: I'm puzzled why Netlava gets all the flak when Ythan asked the N0 vig question in the first place. If anyone, I would zing the latter. Why not?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Beefster »

I oversimplified the setup and forgot about the vigilante- that's overlooking it.
I now realize that the correct statement is if we see 4 kills on a night, we know there are 2 vigilantes and a SK. On the other hand, seeing as there was only one kill last night, it seems more likely that there isn't a SK.

Ythan was asking if it was okay to discuss vig kill on N0, most people misinterpreted. I think that Netlava's response was... odd as well. They could be scum playing off each other, maybe not.

Unvote

FoS: Ythan and Netlava

I'm not yet sure which to suspect more. I'll see about a reread/ISO tomorrow.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Bah, true. He didn't actually ask it *technicalities grumblegrumble*.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Ythan »

Dr, you're scum. Your hop onto Net is disingenuous and your demand that he provide meta to dispute it as well. Beef, how can you suspect just me OR Net if the basis of your suspicion is that we're both scum?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:
Ythan wrote:I'm looking over a lot of setup information before I look at the smaller pool of probably meaningless RVS information. Are you questioning why I'm not contributing to the noise?
Well with your sole contribution to the game having been one word I was trying to get more content out of you.
Immediately after my first post? Has everyone even posted?
No, drmy hadn't but the point is that popping in to just say "hey" is active lurking, which is scummier than just not having posted yet.
Ythan wrote:
I don't think there is much to glean from the setup at this point, all we know is that we have VV or VVVV (and either way, we have at least 1 Vigilante).
Anyone with any role other than vig knows more than that.
And of these people who are not Vigs (or VTs), who is going to talk about it? You're left with power roles and mafia. Neither wants to be outed, so revealing more knowledge of the setup is dumb no matter how you look at it.

So whatever setup info anyone has aside from knowing that it's VV or VVVV, they aren't going to tell anyone else about it.
Ythan wrote:
Ythan wrote:Al, provide a reason for your vote on me.
I eenie meenie miney moed.
Doesn't match up.
I close my eyes and randomly point at the player list.
yabbaguy wrote:Yeah, I picked a random argument that's rather trivial and saw how people reacted to it, and that being that you thinking RVS was going to help was nowhere near the mark. What do I learn:

-you're quite reasoned and level-headed
-Alduskkel has a rather impatient temper in this game, which is fascinating.
-Ythan is content to actively ignore the debate altogether. Also fascinating.
-Zajnet is reasoned when defending that same opinion I find very, very wrong. Not afraid to weigh in.
Ignoring the fact that I don't agree with this assessment of my play, just what did any of this gain? All you've said is that you find stuff "fascinating." That does nothing to help find scum.

So, YG, just how is all this going to help the town?
Ythan wrote:Insistent on not accompanying his vote with any kind of random vote stage flavor, yet then felt it necessary to question me regarding my brief entry post, despite the fact that some players had not even posted and in fact still have not. Inquisitive but not about anything useful; the same goes for his questioning of yab about the latter's pending explanation of something or other. Dismissive about setup analysis.
If you can tell me what we have to gain from setup analysis right now, be my guest. Also, I find it funny how you're voting me for being inquisitive "but not useful" when, as you pointed out, some people hadn't even posted yet. What makes me scummier? If your answer resembles "active lurking" then head back to the beginning of this post.

[quote='Ythan"]Dr, you're scum. Your hop onto Net is disingenuous and your demand that he provide meta to dispute it as well. Beef, how can you suspect just me OR Net if the basis of your suspicion is that we're both scum?[/quote]And yet, you have no problem with ekiM's vote. Why?

So. Re: Netlava. At this point it really does seem like he didn't give it thought. He might be town who just made a quick post (it is short) or maybe he's scum who just didn't care. I don't know which, since on the one hand I almost posted something similar to him but on the other hand it only took me a quick think to change my mind on it.

Unvote
, for the moment.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

EBWOP: Fixed quote.
Alduskkel wrote:
Ythan wrote:Dr, you're scum. Your hop onto Net is disingenuous and your demand that he provide meta to dispute it as well. Beef, how can you suspect just me OR Net if the basis of your suspicion is that we're both scum?
And yet, you have no problem with ekiM's vote. Why?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Alduskkel wrote:
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:
Ythan wrote:I'm looking over a lot of setup information before I look at the smaller pool of probably meaningless RVS information. Are you questioning why I'm not contributing to the noise?
Well with your sole contribution to the game having been one word I was trying to get more content out of you.
Immediately after my first post? Has everyone even posted?
No, drmy hadn't but the point is that popping in to just say "hey" is active lurking, which is scummier than just not having posted yet.
Bullshit it's active lurking. Not every post devoid of content falls under that heading.
Ythan wrote:
I don't think there is much to glean from the setup at this point, all we know is that we have VV or VVVV (and either way, we have at least 1 Vigilante).
Anyone with any role other than vig knows more than that.
And of these people who are not Vigs (or VTs), who is going to talk about it? You're left with power roles and mafia. Neither wants to be outed, so revealing more knowledge of the setup is dumb no matter how you look at it.

So whatever setup info anyone has aside from knowing that it's VV or VVVV, they aren't going to tell anyone else about it.
I was not talking about gleaning information through discussion. I said originally that I was looking over setup information before looking over the smaller amount of information in the thread thus far. You then quoted me to say that there was little or nothing to glean, for no reason I can imagine.
Ythan wrote:
Ythan wrote:Al, provide a reason for your vote on me.
I eenie meenie miney moed.
Doesn't match up.
I close my eyes and randomly point at the player list.
You sure are dodgy about the simplest possible question in the game.
If you can tell me what we have to gain from setup analysis right now, be my guest. Also, I find it funny how you're voting me for being inquisitive "but not useful" when, as you pointed out, some people hadn't even posted yet. What makes me scummier? If your answer resembles "active lurking" then head back to the beginning of this post.
But you were
actually
active lurking. That's different from
not
active lurking, so if you're trying to call me a hypocrite then that will have to wait.
[quote='Ythan"]Dr, you're scum. Your hop onto Net is disingenuous and your demand that he provide meta to dispute it as well. Beef, how can you suspect just me OR Net if the basis of your suspicion is that we're both scum?
And yet, you have no problem with ekiM's vote. Why?[/quote]Is there supposed to be some contradiction here?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:No, drmy hadn't but the point is that popping in to just say "hey" is active lurking, which is scummier than just not having posted yet.
Bullshit it's active lurking. Not every post devoid of content falls under that heading.
So, what does posting "Hey." accomplish? Tell me that.
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:And of these people who are not Vigs (or VTs), who is going to talk about it? You're left with power roles and mafia. Neither wants to be outed, so revealing more knowledge of the setup is dumb no matter how you look at it.

I was not talking about gleaning information through discussion. I said originally that I was looking over setup information before looking over the smaller amount of information in the thread thus far. You then quoted me to say that there was little or nothing to glean, for no reason I can imagine.
Just stating a fact. We now know it's VV or VVVV. What does that tell us? Not much, we know there's a Vigilante and that's pretty much all we know.
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:I close my eyes and randomly point at the player list.
You sure are dodgy about the simplest possible question in the game.
I just answered.
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Also, I find it funny how you're voting me for being inquisitive "but not useful" when, as you pointed out, some people hadn't even posted yet. What makes me scummier? If your answer resembles "active lurking" then head back to the beginning of this post.
But you were
actually
active lurking. That's different from
not
active lurking, so if you're trying to call me a hypocrite then that will have to wait.
Alright. I accused you of active lurking. You're accusing me of active lurking. See a problem? Plus, your one-word post was way more empty than anything I've posted.

That's not to say you're active lurking now, but, at the time, you were.
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:
Ythan wrote:Dr, you're scum. Your hop onto Net is disingenuous and your demand that he provide meta to dispute it as well.
And yet, you have no problem with ekiM's vote. Why?
Is there supposed to be some contradiction here?
Yeah. What's the difference between drmy and ekiM's votes?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

This is turning into a Mastin-fest.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Zajnet wrote:UNVOTE: drmyshottyizsik
Who's scummier than Doctor M?
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Zajnet »

I was unvoting my random, once we get some more talk I'll figure out who to vote for. At the moment I don't know who's scummier than Dr M.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

So it's basically a 'random voting is over' unvote? GRRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE THOSE! If enough has happened to mean leaving a random vote on is inappropriate, something has happened worth voting. Jump to it.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 am

Why am I scummy? And ythan, I like meta reading people
#freeShotty
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Netlava »

Unvote, vote: drmyshottyizsik

Yeah, I don't believe that one can make assessments on my playstyle that quickly. If you really like meta so much, you would have learned about the search feature by now.
Well, pro or antitown is an opinion, so can't really be a mischaracterisation.
Well, the wording kinda bothered me at first, but I can see what people are having problems with now.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Netlava wrote:
Unvote, vote: drmyshottyizsik

Yeah, I don't believe that one can make assessments on my playstyle that quickly. If you really like meta so much, you would have learned about the search feature by now.
I think you are definitely coming across as someone antitown in this game thus far, but I can also see why he thinks that might be playstyle. The search feature is kinda tricky in terms of specific games, and no use whatsoever in terms of finding games of particular alignments. Just give the man what he wants, unless you've got something to hide?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 am

@ Net lava, yes i could search your name and find games, or you could make it easy on me and link them
#freeShotty
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Netlava »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13395
^Last game as town

No games on record as scum.