Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 am

Post by DavidParker »

i would like a fair assessment of kalofer's induction into the mafia community before rushing into lynch him. to me it seems possible he is noob-town, who thought he was legitimately dead and ppl were gonna bandwagon him, and wanted to know where he went wrong. with that said, i'm leaning towards newb-scum, but still unsure.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 am

Post by DavidParker »

Zachrulez wrote:Hey Parker, you still there?

If you could assign a percentage to how likely you think it is that I'm scum, that would be great.
100%
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DavidParker wrote:kalofer is this ur first game of mafia, have u played any on other sites, what experience do u have with the game?
This is at least his 2nd game of mafia. (From looking at his profile on this site.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DavidParker wrote:i would like a fair assessment of kalofer's induction into the mafia community before rushing into lynch him. to me it seems possible he is noob-town, who thought he was legitimately dead and ppl were gonna bandwagon him, and wanted to know where he went wrong. with that said, i'm leaning towards newb-scum, but still unsure.
Awesome.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DavidParker wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Hey Parker, you still there?

If you could assign a percentage to how likely you think it is that I'm scum, that would be great.
100%
Even more awesome... with the post above this one you entertaining the notion of lynching someone else.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (2): NashiNashi, Kalofer
Zachrulez (1): DavidParker
Abe27342 (1): Zombeh-Pug
Kalofer (3): Nikanor, Zachrulez, FakeGod
NashiNashi (1): Abe27342

not voting: tvellalott
alive: 9 majority: 5
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Being dead-set on lynching one person this early into day 1 is anti-town approach to the game. It doesn't help us find the scum if he does flip town. A recent game of my (nashi was in), a player (Good and Honest) was the sole focus of discussion on day 1 and everyone just wanted him lynched. He flipped town. Day2 arrived, town had no idea who scum were, and had no information from day 1 that was even useful..
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Kalofer »

@Zach #181 was the post which was supposed to tell you who I think is scum
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We're 10 days into day 1 which is almost halfway toward the 3 week deadline. Would you prefer to simply wait till the deadline gets extremely close and flail votes around on a lynch that we have to get before the deadline hits?
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Kalofer »

And why is defending a scum strategy, isn't it a possibility that a townie would want to know where he went wrong, seriously why does everyone in this game deal with absolutes, I don't get it. What's sad is I tried being pro town in this game by voicing my suspicions and saying who and why I think could be scum but it still got me nowhere :(

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Defending oneself isn't scummy in and of itself. Defending oneself a disproportionate amount of the time in favor of actual scum hunting, pressure and investigation is.
Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

To add my random opinion on this Kalofer ordeal, I think he seems newb-town due to the fact you guys got him squirming(Examples are #203,219, and 220) pretty easily. Kinda like what David was saying in #225. Although I'm not sure if easily squirming is something scum do or not. (Only played half a game before this one.)
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by tvellalott »

FakeGod wrote:
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE Kalofer
- You're very scummy my friend. I smell a rat!

FoS still on DavidParker
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

Actually, 3 votes is enough.

FoS on Kalofer & DavidParker
He's very scummy, but 3 votes is enough? Last time I checked, it was five votes to lynch.

Wishy-washy. Scummy. Plus, you have been running under radar for awhile now.

I'm watching you.
Hmmm, SOOO...
You obviously WANT Kalofer lynched...
In light of his more recent posts (including what was obviously a joke no mafia would make) I actually think he is newb-town and just not dealing with pressure well.
I voted for him because I thought he only had 2 votes and 3 seemed a good amount of pressure.
If I had kept my vote on him, it would have only taken one more for it to stick, which is why I removed it. I don't want someone I wasn't sure of getting lynched.
You're keeping your eye on me? Think I've been flying under the radar? Bollocks.
VOTE FakeGod

You're scummy as hell. I think you and DavidParker are partners.
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Tvell thanks for cheering me up :D

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by DavidParker »

you're not helping your case kalofer.

Also, how can i be scum tvell, no one is voting for me! clearly i'm pro-town.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by FakeGod »

tvellalott wrote:
FakeGod wrote:
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE Kalofer
- You're very scummy my friend. I smell a rat!

FoS still on DavidParker
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

Actually, 3 votes is enough.

FoS on Kalofer & DavidParker
He's very scummy, but 3 votes is enough? Last time I checked, it was five votes to lynch.

Wishy-washy. Scummy. Plus, you have been running under radar for awhile now.

I'm watching you.
Hmmm, SOOO...
You obviously WANT Kalofer lynched...
In light of his more recent posts (including what was obviously a joke no mafia would make) I actually think he is newb-town and just not dealing with pressure well.
I voted for him because I thought he only had 2 votes and 3 seemed a good amount of pressure.
If I had kept my vote on him, it would have only taken one more for it to stick, which is why I removed it. I don't want someone I wasn't sure of getting lynched.
You're keeping your eye on me? Think I've been flying under the radar? Bollocks.
VOTE FakeGod

You're scummy as hell. I think you and DavidParker are partners.
Hmmm, let's see. Flying under the radar.........You posted
13 times
total in this game. Which is definitely at the lower end of the count. (though there are people who are more guilty, you're among those who are not very active in this game)

You said you found him "very scummy". Then immediately unvoted him. Very contradictory move. If you truly thought he was scum, you would've voted him. If you didn't think he was scum, you would not vote him and defend him. But this voting, then immediately unvoting soon as you realized you put him in L-1 seems as if you wanted to look like you agree with the wagon that's going, but you want to wash yourself of the blame if he flips town.

Then when I point you out for your wishy-washy behavior, you suddenly change your stance and say "I don't want someone I wasn't sure of getting lynched." Then you tell me that

Um, hello? 2 posts ago, you said "
VOTE Kalofer
- You're very scummy", and now you're not sure about him any more? :roll:

You're shifting your stances around constantly trying to seem townie and not get caught.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

David wrote:I started discussion by joking about my /conform
I then provided a vote on zombeh for doing a 100% random vote, defeating the purpose of RVS to some extent, or at least how I see it (if a vote is 100% random it serves no point, even if a vote has a joke reason it can at least help get discussion/scum-hunting started)
I then quasi-defended zach when nikanor made some bogus claim of him fence sitting on page 3 or 4 or something.
I then counter'd nashi who thought I was wary of a quick-lynch/throwing around my vote because of our previous game with 2 quicklynches.. I'm not wary of a quick lynch, I think people should be voting for something, and not feel they have to use caution all the time.
a) I'm sure that starting discussion was not your intent when you made that joke.
b) That's crap. Random random-voting is not a scumtell, and voting for someone because they random-voted randomly is not pro-town. You including this and a) in the big list of things you have done makes me think you're scrounging.
c) You defended someone. Good job. It's too bad that's not pro-town, either.
d) This is you trying to appear pro-town for the sake of appearing pro-town.
Kalofer wrote:Right now I find FakeGod and David to be most suspicious (though not in that order)
Kalofer wrote:
VOTE: FakeGod
You find David more suspicious, but you vote FakeGod. I think we have a scumteam on our hands here gais.
David wrote:195/198/202 all seem like him agreeing to being scum... I don't get it.. I want to believe his town (in fact in trying to force a scum claim, i actually believed he was town....) but his response was pure scummy. I'm convinced zach is scum, that's the only thing stopping me from voting Kalofer atm... (and him finally semi-denying being scum in 203)
You realize that he has all but claimed scum and yet you're opposed to his lynch.
NOT BUYING IT.

I'm liking my Kalofer vote more and more. Could we get a claim and a hammer soonish please?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

I'm getting more a sense of Kalofer being a very naive player rather than a clear scum. If this is a themed Mafia I can understand such a manic suicidal way to play, but in here it does not serve him what so ever.

Kalofer, could you please write a paragraph on all of the players in this game, and let us know what do you think our status are and why is it so?

David, you just have to bring up that GnH game. That one I'm still cringing about. Have a read if anyone are curious. It was just URGH.
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by tvellalott »

FakeGod: I did think Kalofer was very scummy, but then he posted a bit more and the things I thought were scummy about him were actually more likely due to being newb-town. I agree I haven't posted as much as some of the other players, but I do post regularly.
As for my own vote hopping, I am (look out DavidParker, I'm going to say it) just throwing pressure around, trying to see who cracks. I haven't really got any concrete theories on who is scum to be honest. I might go back and read the whole thread up to here and write a paragraph on everyone. I'm playing three other mafia games on another forum and they are much quicker than this one, so this is a bit slow. I've forgotten half the stuff thats happened.
Until then...
UNVOTE
*Puts FoS's away*
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (2): NashiNashi, Kalofer
Zachrulez (1): DavidParker
Abe27342 (1): Zombeh-Pug
Kalofer (3): Nikanor, Zachrulez, FakeGod
NashiNashi (1): Abe27342

not voting: tvellalott
alive: 9 majority: 5
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by Kalofer »

You know what, I'm not gonna sit here writing my hands off for you guys, do what you see fit I really don't care anymore cause I think you're gonna lynch me all the same. And if you're gonna lynch me please lynch me sooner, I don't want to be a play thing and target for insults, obviously defending myself is not working. If you're so sure I'm scum just end it now, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see you wrong.

On another note I have come to be suspicious of Zach's and David's feud. Meaning I suspect them to be a possible scum duo trying to confuse everyone through their arguing and hating of each other (I'm just saying it could be possible). I've also (and I don't care if you believe me or not) had a gut feeling on Zach from the start and I really don't like the way he latches onto one target and constantly pushes for a lynch until he finally succeeds. Then there's Fake and Nik who are pushing for a lynch.
Vote: Zachrulez

And david don't play dumb too, it doesn't suit you, just because you have 0 votes does not mean you're town, it means the rest of the players have found someone more suspicious than you.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Sorry, I forgot the
Unvote, Vote Zachrulez

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Interesting. Kalofer's stated suspicion of Parker has apparently never been worth a vote, but his sudden stated suspicion of me is.
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Abe27342 »

My gut still says Kalofer is town. I'm no psychology genius, but the only time I've ever seen a mafia player spaz like that (it was IRL) was when we were about to kill him, and he never got quiet before. I think kalofer's reaction is very typical of a town-role. He quieted down and lost confidence, then finally broke and said fine, if you're going to lynch me be done with it. I still find that not very suspicious.
My vote has no purpose on Nashi anymore, sorry guys, the reason I've been lurking was my birthday was yesterday and we had a big family party on sunday. that took a lot of cleaning over the weekend but I should have everything together now.
Unvote: NashiNashi

Anyway, I think my vote is going to return to VOTE: FakeGod
FakeGod, what do you think of Kalofer's reaction to being at L-2? Do you still find him scummy? Why?
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Abe27342 »

oops, to clarify, the only time I've ever seen a scum spaz like that is how it should read.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”