Mini 1012: Mafia In Soraville (Game Over!)

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by TheLonging »

OK I never paid attention to Twomz so I'll take your word for it. I'll pay attention to him

Kov/DH/Twomz

Believe it?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm so glad I have the next two days off (work). Sooooooo very tired.

Quick skim: Glad to see oritz is here and being active. He makes good points about a Twomz wagon, but I don't feel like joining it right now; still have some gut townie vibes from him plus there's bigger fish to fry and whatnot. Kov's vote looks odd, to say the least and he's jumped up a few places on my scumdar. TL's defense doesn't really persuade me much either though, so my vote stays. oritz gave a better comment on the "TL talking about GF = PR direction" thing that Haschel did, even if it's a bit of a stretch imo.

I think that covers most of what's been posted.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Twomz »

But... the second sentence is a playstyle thing, you're saying my playstyle appeals to Pie? That doesn't even make sense.

Also @ TL
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

Twomz wrote:But... the second sentence is a playstyle thing, you're saying my playstyle appeals to Pie? That doesn't even make sense.
No, I'm saying it was unnecessary to include that in your post, it didn't fit into the conversation. I'm of the opinion that you put that in your post to appeal to Pie.

Anyone else see what I'm saying? I'd appreciate some insight about my Twomz case.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

ortiz1193 wrote:
Twomz wrote:But... the second sentence is a playstyle thing, you're saying my playstyle appeals to Pie? That doesn't even make sense.
No, I'm saying it was unnecessary to include that in your post, it didn't fit into the conversation. I'm of the opinion that you put that in your post to appeal to Pie.

Anyone else see what I'm saying? I'd appreciate some insight about my Twomz case.
I don't remember doing it for that reason, but I doubt me saying that will change your opinion, so meh.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Friend »

I think Twomz is scummy but he's not the lynch for today.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 am

Post by TheLonging »

I agree, Kov or DH should be
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:17 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

@Friend: I don't know about that.

Kov's vote for TL rings out as super scummy to me. Major facepalm. At this point, Kov/TL/IP/r2r/Twomz are all making it really hard for me to choose who to vote for. They've all said some really scummy things.

Kov is STILL chillin in the background and making bandwagon votes with absolutely no examples whatsoever. A wrong usage of OMGUS. Not really a single contribution to try to find information. Just bad.

IP now seems cautious to want to contribute (unlike how he was at the beginning of the game). I can see him blaming this on time, but if you -can- post, you have the ability to contribute. I feel like his latest post is kind of weak compared to his earlier arguments in this thread, but I'm not really going to pull at loose strings.

Twomz....I see ortiz's case on him.
Twomz wrote:Nay, I have a feeling he's frustrated by your playstyle, just as I am.

So, I'll just wait for a bandwagon to build and then hammer to end the day. No one really seems to care that much.

Unless the BW is on Jack, my votes already on him.
Actually, you're the one who seems to not care very much. Scum trait. I like how you brought this post up, made it easier for me to find it.

r2r, like I said, is like Kov, only a bit more talkative. He -has- been making some good points lately, however, so...he's not the lynch for today.

And TL has just been completely antagonistic to almost everyone ever since I called him scum. His tunneling is a bit frustrating as well, and he's STILL focusing on Jack's gambit, which is
INSERT DEAD HORSE BEATING HERE

So.....I don't feel comfortable with letting Pie go, but here's my scumlist from less scummy to scummiest:

r2r, IP, TL, Twomz, Kov

Unvote, Vote: Kov

That guy is just too passive. I don't remember him contributing a damn thing this game.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:20 am

Post by TheLonging »

LOL I'M FOCUSING ON JACK'S GAMBIT THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT FOR LIKE A WEEK OR TWO RIGHT
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:29 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Sorry I haven't kept up in a while, work's been killing me.
TheLonging wrote:wow that was supposed to be the end of this post:
ManfredvonKarma wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:
Vote: Friend

1) Player A claims mafia, setting a trap for someone to vote him.
2) Player B falls for it and votes Player A.

Anyone could see that's what Jack was doing. So technically, the one jumping on an easy target is, in fact, Friend: the person voting for Player B.
Let's think about this.
If anyone could see what Jack was doing, shouldn't DemonHybrid be considered scummy for voting Jack in the first place?
I don't know if DH is experience enough to recognize gambits and other such plays, so Jack would be
his
easy target.
+1 town
ManfredvonKarma wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:I figured DH would see how obvious Jack was being, so I didn't think of this. I see where you're coming from, but I think Friend is more opportunistic.
So, you're fine with DH voting Jack, but not fine with Friend voting for DH using the exact logic that you gave for voting Friend?
+2 town
ManfredvonKarma wrote:
TheLonging wrote:I may be putting words into Pie's mouth, but that was certainly what MvK was implying, or else I misread him
Yes, I was directly implying that Pie was suspicious of one player but not another even though both did the same thing.
esuriospiritus wrote:I don't think he was serious, but I don't think it was out-of-line for Friend to question him for it as if it were serious, either. The post in question was on page two, for frell's sake. Any question made to draw out a serious response is a good one that early even if it would come across as paranoid later in the game, imo.
I'm definitely of this opinion, as well.
Whether or not DH was serious in his vote on Jack, he could still be
either town or
scum. To be honest, claiming to intentionally fallen for the gambit just seems like a means to save face, more than anything else. Say what you will about scum jumping on easy targets, but if a townie thinks someone just scumslipped, they're an easy target
, and they're going to be voting for them. I don't see this as an entirely useful avenue of discussion at the moment, because it's far too easy to justify the actions we're seeing as coming from
either
side of the game.
+5 town
So...when did I enter a time warp?

MvK's post was PAGES ago.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

TheLonging wrote:LOL I'M FOCUSING ON JACK'S GAMBIT THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT FOR LIKE A WEEK OR TWO RIGHT
And I don't really understand why you have to overreact every single time I post about you. If you're town, you aren't really doing a good job of it.

You want this one.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:32 am

Post by TheLonging »

You still haven't answered me: Where did I focus on Jack's gambit? You saying that was utter BS
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Kov »

Unvote
DemonHybrid wrote:@Friend: I don't know about that.

Kov's vote for TL rings out as super scummy to me.

Kov is STILL chillin in the background and making bandwagon votes with absolutely no examples whatsoever.
So how is mine different from..

Jack wrote:
unvote, vote:Inflatable Pie
vote: Jack

However it's scummy you don't care if jack gives reasoning or not so right now im on DH & Jack as Scum. Yes my vote on TL was just to get DH to contradict himself. Therefore I think he is scum.
won/lost
1 / 0
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 am

Post by TheLonging »

Oh OK DH, I see. That was just to show how you were scum in the beginning of the day
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 am

Post by TheLonging »

Scum then could mean you're still scum now
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:43 am

Post by TheLonging »

It was also to show how ortiz pretty much HAS TO BE town (due to his posts + MvK's posts).
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Kov wrote:
Unvote
DemonHybrid wrote:@Friend: I don't know about that.

Kov's vote for TL rings out as super scummy to me.

Kov is STILL chillin in the background and making bandwagon votes with absolutely no examples whatsoever.
So how is mine different from..

Jack wrote:
unvote, vote:Inflatable Pie
vote: Jack

However it's scummy you don't care if jack gives reasoning or not so right now im on DH & Jack as Scum. Yes my vote on TL was just to get DH to contradict himself. Therefore I think he is scum.
'

Um, right.

Except that Jack gave some reasoning later on and expressed why he was accusing Pie, perhaps in a quiet way, but at least he did.

I see your post as a flat out lie. You would vote TL to get me to contradict myself? Worked pretty well, didn't it?

You need to read the thread a bit closer.
Jack wrote:
Pie wrote:He started the discussion, yes. So what? I've started discussion before as both town and scum; it doesn't mean a single thing. Starting discussion =/= contributing to it.
Have you contributed to discussions as both town and scum?

Your purported western-centric ethos is scummy btw.
Jack wrote:
InflatablePie wrote: This was a bit before I said you were a good lynch, though.
So why is it funny that I didn't "counter-fos" you?
Fugitive wrote:Yeah, Pie is definitely scum. Those reactions to the forming bandwagon were scummy as hell.
I'm starting to get agitated with people who don't listen to reason. Or who don't think active lurking is scummy.
@fugitive: yup
So....yeah. Feeling a bit awkward? Don't worry, I am too.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

TheLonging wrote:LOL I'M FOCUSING ON JACK'S GAMBIT THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT FOR LIKE A WEEK OR TWO RIGHT
TheLonging wrote:Oh OK DH, I see. That was just to show how you were scum in the beginning of the day
And that's still focusing on it, despite the reason.

Jeez, is the idea of this game to look as scummy as you can to try to get yourself lynched? Is everyone a jester?

AND THAT WAS A JOKE, BEFORE ANY OF YOU GO OVERBOARD LIKE YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN AND TAKE IT SERIOUSLY

You want this one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 am

Post by ready2rock »

DemonHybrid wrote:I see your post as a flat out lie. You would vote TL to get me to contradict myself? Worked pretty well, didn't it?
Yeah it did. Voting for someone else intentionally just to get someone to be suspicious of you in a way that you can call scummy? What kind of crazy person would pull such a gambit.

Congrats Kov, you got DH to contradict himself twice.

@DH: While you're at it, do you want to reply to the rest of that post where I voted you a few pages back?
Last edited by sorasgoof on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 am

Post by ready2rock »

EBWOP: quote fail
DemonHybrid wrote:I see your post as a flat out lie. You would vote TL to get me to contradict myself? Worked pretty well, didn't it?
Yeah it did. Voting for someone else intentionally just to get someone to be suspicious of you in a way that you can call scummy? What kind of crazy person would pull such a gambit.

Congrats Kov, you got DH to contradict himself twice.

@DH: While you're at it, do you want to reply to the rest of that post where I voted you a few pages back?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:28 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Apparently I'm not enough of a mod to repair peoples' quote tag errors and delete their subsequent posts in which they fix it themselves. >_>

I was going to just repair the first one and delete the second one, ready2rock, but I can't.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:04 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

Twomz, Kov, and DH/Friend. Works for me.

Friend is the least important and my weakest read at the moment so we can worry about him another time.

I love how everyone says "Twomz is scummy" and keeps their vote on someone else. I think ~4 people have said that. Completely reinforces that Twomz is scum in my mind. Similar to "FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie"

TL is still town, r2r is still town. TL should probably work on his overreactions though.

I feel like DH is just jumping on everyone for something and then he says they miss the point when they defend it. I found the posts I talked about earlier:
r2r wrote:1. Jack is much more experienced than me or, from the looks of it, Kov. I know that, at this point, I wouldn't have the guts to do what he did at the beginning of the game.
DH wrote: Your 1. Is that because you have something to hide? Townies should have -nothing- to hide. Why is it a matter of whether you have the "guts" or not to do something?
Made me facepalm so hard.

"I'm not experienced enough to fakeclaim..sorry"
"WHAT! You're hiding something, every townie should want to fakeclaim day 1!!!!"

It feels like similar things have been happening throughout the game, like he's trying to put suspicion on everyone, like when he started calling Pie scum for agreeing with his Kov case.

His hardcore defense of Jack still doesn't make sense... especially considering how badly he got burnt in the last game we played.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Friend »

I'm torn. Twomz is scummy, yes, but it feels like others are scummier.

unvote, vote: Kov

Like Kov.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:56 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Unvote, Vote: Kov

Yeah, his TL vote and the post after it are odd, and I'm getting scummier vibes from his latest post (deflection, plus the last two sentences are just... what?). I'm okay with this.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 am

Post by InflatablePie »

EBWOP: Especially with the switch to Jack after he gets flak for his TL vote, or so it seems.

Also, did you guys know that TL was at L-1, not L-2 earlier? Yeah, me neither.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”