And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Since there are less people voting Vezok at this point in time:

Unvote, vote: vezok
. I want you to answer Socrates' question.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

DH is still scum.
I am a VT so you can go ahead and lynch me.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

Day 1, Vote Count #6

With fourteen alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 22:00 GMT, August 16th <Countdown>.

vezokpiraka -
(SpyreX, Ellibereth, Super Smash Bros Fan, xRECKONERx, MehPlusRawr, DemonHybrid)
DemonHybrid -
(Nachomamma8, vezokpiraka)
Nachomamma8 -
(Korts)
Korts -
(Incognito)

Not voting -
(Jack, Seraphim, RayFrost, Socrates)
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

vezokpiraka wrote:DH is still scum.
I am a VT so you can go ahead and lynch me.
Do you even care about the game?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:08 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I care but you seem so forced to lynch me.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Why don't you try defending yourself? Maybe you could say why DH is scummy, rather than calling him scum repeatedly for no reason?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@vezokpiraka: Way to completely dodge DemonHybrid's question. I really did not like the AtE that you've made when you said "Go ahead and lynch me!". You also claim to care about the game, yet has done nothing for the town.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: Vezok

despite any misgivings Socrates might have, I have no problem lynching someone who doesn't even want to play the game.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Regardless of flip there is scum on this wagon fyi. Its just a question of 1 or 2.

LETS GET ER DONE
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Socrates »

No.

This wagon has none of the trademark qualities of the scum lynch.

Vezopiraka's behavior is not that of a scumbag. ESPECIALLY one that can rely on other players for advice and coaching.

There was no counterwagon.

There was no hesitation. Every person on this wagon is an eager beaver ready to do their part.

This wagon will not result in a scum lynch. Mark my words. If you simply must deal with Vezo, let the vig kill them with extreme prejudice.

But you know who DID have a counterwagon? Who people DID hesitate to call scum? Who's wagon conveniently disappeared when Vezo started posting? Who's place on the Vezo wagon makes my teeth on edge?

THATS RIGHT I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

VOTE: Demon Hybrid
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Socrates wrote:No.

This wagon has none of the trademark qualities of the scum lynch.

Vezopiraka's behavior is not that of a scumbag. ESPECIALLY one that can rely on other players for advice and coaching.

There was no counterwagon.

There was no hesitation. Every person on this wagon is an eager beaver ready to do their part.

This wagon will not result in a scum lynch. Mark my words. If you simply must deal with Vezo, let the vig kill them with extreme prejudice.

But you know who DID have a counterwagon? Who people DID hesitate to call scum? Who's wagon conveniently disappeared when Vezo started posting? Who's place on the Vezo wagon makes my teeth on edge?

THATS RIGHT I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

VOTE: Demon Hybrid
This is good thinking.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vezok, play the goddamn game. Honestly, you signed up to play it, can you put forth some effort please and stop playing like Empking?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:40 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Why should I stop doing that. Yeah you are right. PBPA on DH coming in the next ten minutes.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Seraphim »

You should stop playing like Empking because minimalist contribution is very much anti-town and not fun to play with.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:52 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Yeesh. I have to post this quickly since I'm on a lunch break that ends in 5.

I see Socrates' post having a tint of urgency and panic in it. So, vezok's L-1 now, and you decide to lash out now, after he ignored one of your questions fully (which is an action that has absolutely nothing townish going for it). Very worthy to note. Why haven't you said anything before about this, you know, when he had 3 or 4 less votes on him. Also, vezok finally feeling like he has a breath of fresh air and auto-replying after Socrates' post (whereas he would hesitate to post when people were actually accusing him) is noted as well. Seriously, he posted that response -one minute- after Socrates posted his, whereas his other answers took hours.

If it's about my position on his wagon, it was 1. because of my work schedule, 2. me giving vezok the benefit of the doubt and time to reply to your question on who's on his scumlist. Also, ask Ray/Spyre/Nacho/Seraphim/yourself if you guys were hesitant to call me scum. That's sort of a fallacy on your part.

The whole one minute reply thing is the one thing that irks me above all else in this situation. It's even weirder now that scum has the ability to daytalk. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who noticed.

You want this one.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:38 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

DemonHybrid wrote:
VOTE: MEHPLUSRAWR

CAUSE YOU SAID NO GRAMMAR, YET YOU FAILED TO END YOUR SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION

THOUGH YOU DID LEAVE OUT A COMMA
Useless.

DemonHybrid wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Socrates wrote:@SSBF: Why did you vote MPR?
One it was because it was RVS. Two was to help form a bandwagon on him to see how he would react. So far, it's working. Like for example:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Oh, hey, I don't feel like shouting. Let's wagon someone else. I have a feeling this MPR dude is town.
Why is he concerned about a bandwagon that isn't even based on him being scummy? It's not like we're planning on lynching him yet.
I don't like how he dropped his yelling act at the same time that he made this post. Seriousness + worry = I think he's scum, so I'm going to keep my vote on him at the moment.
Says someone is scummy just cause of RVS. I don't like this statement. He is trying hard to find a way to keep his vote there.
DemonHybrid wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:Actually, I just couldn't figure out a way to say it in caps that didn't sound grammatically awkward. And yeah, anyone who gets voted 5 times in 5 posts gets concerned, unless they're a jester. Hi Elli.
MehPlusRawr wrote:And no, I'm not *concerned* that I'll be lynched, as such. I figured that I should comment on the fact that I'm the closest to dying as of yet.
Then what are you concerned about?
Asks a good question. Townie points.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Socrates wrote: Thoughts on anything other than MPR?
Yeah. But first, as far as MPR goes, I'm doing some thinking and I'm also very familiar with his meta...however, I believe you have it wrong.

Here comes some lolmeta...ugh (those who play with me regularly know I hate talking about meta)

In my experiences with him, when he's lurky, he's usually town. Just has nothing to say and is often bored with his role to the point where he won't pay much attention. Him speaking this much in a game is odd for his town play.

However....something about this game makes me feel alright with him being town as well. Mostly about the way he handled the pressure of us questioning his "contradiction".

MehPlusRawr wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote: The second quote was attempting to rephrase the term "concerned," because though it's obviously a matter of interest to me that I'm being wagoned, I'm not actually worried that I'm about to be lynched.

The wagon was growing too quickly for my liking. And yes, you did say that I was concerned about being lynched, in this quote.
This, by the way, is not a contradiction. Again, a rephrasement is in order- I'm not worried that I'll be lynched from scumminess right now, but I'm slightly nervous that a whole bunch of people voted me quickly. Quicklynches are bad. Like quicksilver. I think that gives you cancer.
The speed of the wagon was pretty alarming, I'll admit, and he reacted exactly like a townie should, IMO. I found it pretty alarming that the reaction to my post pointing out that I thought he contradicted himself a little created a firestorm of votes on him. So, for right now, he's fine in my book.

However
, I do not like SSBF's relentless pursuit of MPR. It seems too forced. I think he's one of the few people who took that contradictions to heights where it shouldn't have been. Also, this post didn't sit right with me:

@Korts: Keeping xRECKONERx alive until endgame will be a very daunting task to do. We do not want to lynch him for sure and we obviously cannot afford him to be NK'd. With no protection role for the town, scum is going to be hard-pressed to keep him around, especially if he were to give his all to help the town. Prehaps him being completely useless until endgame would help his chance of survival, as scums like useless townies, but we all know how much we hate useless confirmed townies.

Basically, the chances of xRECKONERx living to endgame is very, very slim.

However, while we don't want xRECKONERx to die, one benefit of his death by scums hand is that scum would have to give up one of there power role and become Mafia Goon. It would suck to see a confirmed townie die, but at least scum loses a power role, so that's something to gain from xRECKONERx's death.

Either way, the Town Power Roles should do nothing to him during the Night.

And I had another realization. With a Vigilante, if we lynch scum ToDay, kill scum ToNight, and lynch scum agan Tommorow, town wins. Yes, a Day 2 victory for the Town is possible. But we need to be completely accurate with lynching and the Vigilante killing scums and hope that the Vigilante doesn't die.
The first bolded quote: How does he know what scum's going to do? Furthermore, that's -quite- a lot of speculation of the twist we have in this game.

The second bolded quote: He seems to be very set on how long this game should last. Call it gut, but that kind of speculation subconsciously rings out as somewhat scummy to me. It shows eagerness for the game to be over.

Unvote, Vote: SSBF
Sees the wagon on MPR stalled. Starts voting for SSBF. With little to no reason.
DemonHybrid wrote:
RayFrost wrote:ugh... 3 pages while I'm asleep. Not cool guys.

Vote: Incognito

You didn't say hi.
Just want to say that we're out of RVS already. Do you have anything you want to say about the game?
RVS ends for different people at different times. You can't dictate when someone's RVS is over.
I am not sure what to make of this post.
DemonHybrid wrote:
SpyreX wrote:SSBF doesn't even strike me as all the scummy at the mo.

Regardless of that aside from twirling mustaches that 87 reads like some magnificent stretching.

Time for a crusade!

Unvote, Vote: DemonHybrid
Well, I like to pick up psychological tells as well as logical ones. Eagerness, jealousy, anger and frustration are good places to start, and I see his post as nothing but eager to get the killing started. Otherwise, all of SSBF's contributions have been about MPR's wagon (which I don't like the speed of) and dictating peoples' RVS lengths. Right now, he's the scummiest person I know, but it's only page 4.
Says SSBF is scummy for telling some people that the RVS was over. Says SSBF is his major suspect
but
this can change because there are only 4 pages.
DemonHybrid wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Lies -
SSBF has "discussed" the matter of lynching reck
, how we should spend our time day by day, and the MPR wagon stuff (along with a style-wise attack on me).

You just have your MPR wagon stuff and this new attack on SSBF soon after people question / attack you about only focusing on MPR

Comparably... you would be scummy from your own standards.
First bolded quote: Notice how I said otherwise. Spyre said I was stretching on my vote of SSBF, and my vote of SSBF was due to the Reck post.

And sure, he talked about how we should spend our time, but that post isn't really relevant to the scumminess of people nor who should vote who. It was merely a suggestion of how to use a minor mechanic of the game, so I didn't really consider it important.

Also: I never said that he's scummy ONLY because he's talking about those things and only those things. You're warping my words around a bit.
This is exactly what you said. You said he was scummy because he only discussed this points. You are back pedalling now.
DemonHybrid wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote: First bolded quote: Notice how I said otherwise. Spyre said I was stretching on my vote of SSBF, and my vote of SSBF was due to the Reck post.

And sure, he talked about how we should spend our time, but that post isn't really relevant to the scumminess of people nor who should vote who. It was merely a suggestion of how to use a minor mechanic of the game, so I didn't really consider it important.

Also: I never said that he's scummy ONLY because he's talking about those things and only those things. You're warping my words around a bit.
So... "aside from the other things he's said, he's only said this" - really great argument here
. I'm just blown away by your genius.
Care to point out which reck post?
If you are talking about the only one I've commented on, it came
after
your vote, so yah.

Fair enough.

I'm pointing out standards - you are as guilty for a limited quantity of discussion as SSBF is, and you've jumped ship from MPR as it shows it's not happening to SSBF right when pressure is mounting on him, which can be seen (and is being seen by me) as opportunistic wagon hopping
First bold: Logical clarification: I didn't say that he was scummy because and only because he was only talking about the MPR wagon and dictating RVS votes. Again, you missed the word "otherwise".

Second bold: I'm talking about when SSBF was speculating on Reck, not any of Reck's posts. This one:
@Korts: Keeping xRECKONERx alive until endgame will be a very daunting task to do. We do not want to lynch him for sure and we obviously cannot afford him to be NK'd. With no protection role for the town, scum is going to be hard-pressed to keep him around, especially if he were to give his all to help the town. Prehaps him being completely useless until endgame would help his chance of survival, as scums like useless townies, but we all know how much we hate useless confirmed townies.

Basically, the chances of xRECKONERx living to endgame is very, very slim.

However, while we don't want xRECKONERx to die, one benefit of his death by scums hand is that scum would have to give up one of there power role and become Mafia Goon. It would suck to see a confirmed townie die, but at least scum loses a power role, so that's something to gain from xRECKONERx's death.

Either way, the Town Power Roles should do nothing to him during the Night.

And I had another realization. With a Vigilante, if we lynch scum ToDay, kill scum ToNight, and lynch scum agan Tommorow, town wins. Yes, a Day 2 victory for the Town is possible. But we need to be completely accurate with lynching and the Vigilante killing scums and hope that the Vigilante doesn't die.
Read again: "and my vote of SSBF was due to
the Reck post.
" More word twisting.

Third bold: Dude, my last post before that was when I asked MPR about the contradiction. First things first; I have a life and I do things, plus I'm in 4 other games, so I don't keep up fully with every post all the time. Second, SSBF hardly had any pressure on him whatsoever when I casted my vote. In fact, he has more pressure now than he's ever had before. Point out where pressure was building on him before I made my vote on him.
This is some kind of AtE. I see it as scum concerned with his image. He tries to defend every little thing that people acused him for.
DemonHybrid wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:SSBF contributed to a big chunk of this topic's posts. He's had time to talk about other things.
So lots of posts = lots of time?

I guess that means lurkers are completely innocent if they only talk about a couple of things?
Yeah, lots of posts = the ability to take another minute to write something else. Humans are miraculous creatures and can really multitask + manage their time in amazing ways.
Tries to discredit SSBF.
DemonHybrid wrote:I find Ray to be somewhat Neutral-townish. He's been slipping a bit on his logic and reasoning in attacking me though, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for right now. Perhaps it is just him waking up, and I'm not about to risk a mislynch on something minor like a few word misunderstandings.

SSBF hasn't posted, so my read on SSBF hasn't changed. Ray hasn't particularly defended him, instead taking the route of attacking me, so my argument with Ray and my suspicions of SSBF are mutually exclusive at this moment.
He says that Ray is town. Especially if SSBF flips scum.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Post 87, DemonHybrid wrote:The second bolded quote: He seems to be very set on how long this game should last. Call it gut, but that kind of speculation subconsciously rings out as somewhat scummy to me. It shows eagerness for the game to be over.
Can you explain this more? SSBF talked about the game being over quickly from the perspective of town ridding scum quickly, so I don't see how you jumped to the conclusion that he seemed eager to have the game over as a scumbag.
Because, on a subconscious level, it expresses the fact that he wants the game to be over regardless, which is non-conductive to a pro-town attitude. Sure, he posts it from the view as town wanting to rid scum quickly, however, I find it weird that he needed to express it in such a fashion and might be an attempt to just win over town instead of making a good argument against scum. Town shouldn't be focusing on the end of the game unless they have scum in their sights (as in, one more scum to kill between X amount of people) or it's a LyLo situation (both are high pressure situations); they should be focusing on who's scum and who isn't, and on a psychological level, it rings out as
somewhat
scummy to me, especially on Day 1. (Note that I mentioned that it was somewhat scummy in 87 as well)
Says that SSBF is scum because he wants to end the game quickly. I want to end it quickly too. An open setup is not something too intresting. You want it to be over quickly. It feels to me that SSBF is VT.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Incognito wrote:So, I think what you're basically trying to get at is that you feel like his post basically just pointed out the obvious and that it looked like an attempt to seem like he was analyzing stuff when in actuality he wasn't.

Why the emphasis on "somewhat scummy"? You voted him in that post - wouldn't that mean that he was your scummiest pick at that moment?
Sort of....basically, I think he's trying to look pro-town when the very very basic concept of that post is something town shouldn't be worrying about at this point in the game (The very beginning of Day 1). The end of the game shouldn't matter at this point, and he's thinking way too far ahead. Therein lies the scumminess.

"Somewhat scummy" meaning that was one of the few things that added up to my decision to vote him, not the sole factor.
He says he is scum because he wants to end the day quickly. It's just bored town from my perspective than scum.
DemonHybrid wrote:
vezokpiraka wrote:I don't need to do that now.
And why not, since you seem to have the time and the desire to make a case against me? Withholding information is anti-town, and it doesn't help us out in the least.

FoS: vezok

Also: MPR, I'm actually in your boat right at the moment. I picked up a few games too many, so it's a bit hard to keep track at the moment and stay vigilant. I'm also working two jobs today, so I'm trying my best to stay active in all of these games.
Again some AtE. FoSes me in case my wagon goes off. He wants to be able tow switch without too much trouble and at the same be able to say : " It was just a FoS".

DemonHybrid wrote:
Korts wrote: I really don't like DemonHybrid's post 87. What little of the post is actually spent on answering the question in reply to which the whole was apparently written is concerned with SSBF's setup speculation, which was well-reasoned as far as I can see. Nor can I see scum motives that DemonHybrid is ascribing to the bolded sections. Seems like a bad attempt at painting someone black. I somewhat agree with the target, but not with the particular reasoning--why not attack me, for instance, when I invited that speculation you so harshly attack?
I believe this is the invitation of the speculation that you meant.
Korts wrote: As for Reck getting vigged: no. If Reck is to die by the town's hands, he will be lynched, no way are we going to vanillize a town killing role. I think this discussion can be fruitful--Reck's death means robbing the scum of being able to fuck with our heads, but also the town of a confirmed innocent down the line. Now, I think having a confirmed innocent in the endgame is very valuable, but will the scum keep him around for that long? Discuss.
While I disagree and ultimately feel that a confirmed townie should -never- be targeted for a lynch regardless of the situation, I thought SSBF's reply was scummy simply because of his wording. It feels like he's speaking for the scum, something which I find to be somewhat of a slip.

"@Korts: Keeping xRECKONERx alive until endgame will be a very daunting task to do. We do not want to lynch him for sure and we obviously cannot afford him to be NK'd. With no protection role for the town, scum is going to be hard-pressed to keep him around, especially if he were to give his all to help the town. Prehaps him being completely useless until endgame would help his chance of survival, as scums like useless townies, but we all know how much we hate useless confirmed townies."

Notice the difference in tone. It's like comparing apples to oranges. These sentences specifically:

Korts: "Reck's death means robbing the scum of being able to fuck with our heads, but also the town of a confirmed innocent down the line."
SSBF: "With no protection role for the town, scum is going to be hard-pressed to keep him around, especially if he were to give his all to help the town."

I see opening all options as a town way of viewing a problem like this, and while I don't agree with his lynch in the least, the underlying tone is what sets you and SSBF apart (and what makes SSBF worthy of pressuring). SSBF is using forced speculation. You have options open to press for information, which is less speculation and more of a way to start discussion...and more information is what we need at the moment.

But I don't want to see anyone pushing Reck's lynch in the least. If Reck gets lynched, that's just one missed opportunity to lynch scum. Let's just take the days as they come regarding this Reck speculation.
Still thinks SSBF is scum. Now for some very stupid reason. He feels like he is trying to get people to follow him and vote for SSBF. He tries to find every minute detail on him.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:He has still not answer Socrates's question on who else is scum.
^

It's not that hard of a question to answer.
vezokpiraka wrote:All of DH posts are scummy.

Yeah. Elli is town. That's all for now.
I gave you way more than enough time to find an example of mine of which you find scummy. Now another question comes up, someone asks you for a scum-list (which is way more important than your weak backing of one person) and you completely ignore them.
You are withholding information.
It's majorly scummy, and majorly fail, and because of it, everyone wants you majorly dead. Don't blame this on laziness either, because if you are -able- to post, you are -able- to take a few minutes to come up with a good case/a good list.

I'm not going to vote you until you claim, however (that'd put you at L-1).
He begins to suspect me. More like go with the flow.
DemonHybrid wrote:Since there are less people voting Vezok at this point in time:

Unvote, vote: vezok
. I want you to answer Socrates' question.
He now switches his vote on me because there are less people voting for me. Why not continue to vote for suspect SSBF.

END OF CASE.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I think this is the fourth PBPA I did.

Demon's last post. Now he is trying to acuse Socartes because he didn't lash out at me to respond his questions.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: DemonHybrid
green shirt thursdays
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Korts »

PBPAs are useless for scumhunting--people always have tons of useless or irrelevant posts, and the rest can be twisted either way. I don't like you for that, vezok. Nor have you given me anything else to like you for.

Meanwhile, Seraphim is very blatantly riding vezok's wagon. Even if the wagon is somewhat better than the alternatives, I don't like its speed, the comfort with which all its voters seem to handle the situation, and the fact that Seraphim in particular seems awfully sure of himself. I really don't like this behavior. I don't agree with Socrates that DH should be looked at of all those people on vezok's ass, and I don't see why he didn't see Seraphim as the scummiest of the bunch.

And Reckoner is a dumbass.

Hey look, my first 100% serious vote:

vote: Seraphim

Seraphim wrote:Hey, Incognito, you were a reviewer for this game...what sort of thoughts do you have about the set-up in its current state from your unique standpoint?
I think Reck's situation ought to be discussed, no matter how thick you people are in insisting that it's pointless.
scumchat never die
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

vezokpiraka's PBPA of DemonHybrid (hopefully) shows that he is willing to contribute to the game after all, but not exactly one of the better PBPA's I've seen. The post is strechted out way too long and he could have easily condensed the size by just linking to DemonHybrid's ISO or at least quoting the part he disliked. The parts where he gives DemonHybrid townie points and the part where he quoted a post where he couldn't make of could easily have been cut off.

Still happy with my vote on him.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't seem to actively focus or participate in any of my games recently.
I'm going to take a little breather and come back with a fresh perspective.

Posting this in all my games.
green shirt thursdays
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh, my god.

I don't even know where to start picking apart vezok's post. Really, calling an RVS post useless?

I just got back from work, so expect a reply in a bit. I'm relaxing first.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

vezok wrote:
1. Useless.

2. Says someone is scummy just cause of RVS. I don't like this statement. He is trying hard to find a way to keep his vote there.

3. Asks a good question. Townie points.

4. Sees the wagon on MPR stalled. Starts voting for SSBF. With little to no reason.

5. I am not sure what to make of this post.

6. Says SSBF is scummy for telling some people that the RVS was over. Says SSBF is his major suspect
but
this can change because there are only 4 pages.

7. This is exactly what you said. You said he was scummy because he only discussed this points. You are back pedalling now.

8. This is some kind of AtE. I see it as scum concerned with his image. He tries to defend every little thing that people acused him for.

9. Tries to discredit SSBF.

10. He says that Ray is town. Especially if SSBF flips scum.

11. Says that SSBF is scum because he wants to end the game quickly. I want to end it quickly too. An open setup is not something too intresting. You want it to be over quickly. It feels to me that SSBF is VT.

12. He says he is scum because he wants to end the day quickly. It's just bored town from my perspective than scum.

13. Again some AtE. FoSes me in case my wagon goes off. He wants to be able tow switch without too much trouble and at the same be able to say : " It was just a FoS".

14. Still thinks SSBF is scum. Now for some very stupid reason. He feels like he is trying to get people to follow him and vote for SSBF. He tries to find every minute detail on him.

15. He begins to suspect me. More like go with the flow.

16. He now switches his vote on me because there are less people voting for me. Why not continue to vote for suspect SSBF.

1. I'm seriously astounded that you'd attack such an obviously silly RVS vote. I really have nothing else to say other than it feels like you've never played mafia before if you think RVS posts like that are "useless". So, why my RVS vote, and why not -anyone elses-? Curious.

2. That post was out of RVS for me. I started to suspect MPR, and I don't think his post was RVS either. He dropped his all-caps act and started to get worried about the alarming rate of the votes piling up on him. Please explain to me why you think this exchange was RVS (or rather, why MPR's post was in RVS stage).

3. Nothing to say here I suppose.

4. Read back. I had work that day and just came back to MPR's response. Is there any other way I could have posted truthfully without looking like I wagon hop? To be town in your eyes, I would have had to skip out on work just to come back and beat people to getting off of his wagon according to your logic. I have a life. I mentioned all of this earlier.

5. It's simply a mafiascum fact. RVS ends for different people at different times.

6. Him dictating others' RVS periods was -weird-, but not exactly scummy. I said other than the eagerness in some of his posts, him dictating others' RVS periods and commenting on the MPR wagon were his only contributions. It was his eagerness which stood out to me as scummy. You misread that post. Read it again.

7. Where in this post:

"Well, I like to pick up psychological tells as well as logical ones. Eagerness, jealousy, anger and frustration are good places to start, and I see his post as nothing but eager to get the killing started. Otherwise, all of SSBF's contributions have been about MPR's wagon (which I don't like the speed of) and dictating peoples' RVS lengths. Right now, he's the scummiest person I know, but it's only page 4."

did I say "He is scummy because and only because he is eager + has little contributions"? When I said something about his scumminess in this post, it was simply this:

"Right now, he's the scummiest person I know, but it's only page 4."

Which could mean that he could be anywhere on the spectrum of scumminess, but still scummier in my eyes than others. No one else really rang out as scummy to me at that point.

8. Go look up what AtE means. There's a difference between "FINE, go ahead and lynch me, you'll just be killing a townie!" and "I had work, so I wasn't around to do whatever, blabbidy boo." Having a life doesn't mean I'm appealing to emotion. There is no emotion when it comes to peoples' inabilities to post...and I'd like to think no one at my jobs have emotion either :P

As far as me defending "every little thing" people accuse me for: I was explaining to RayFrost how he misinterpreted me. Twisting this post around like crazy.

9. Please explain to me how you think I'm wrong on this subject. I merely said that if he had the time to reply to posts point-by-point, he had time to stop and think for a minute to explain whatever he needed to explain without skipping out on it. I say this a LOT about you because you've posted a lot of "This guy is scum and this guy is town. QED" kinds of posts. Well, you also had time to make cases and point out why you think people are scummy. It's called withholding information. I said this to you once before, and it is plain and certain anti-town if you are able to post, but don't answer any questions directed to you or ignore someone. If you don't think you will have the time, don't post, or say that you have X amount of minutes in the beginning of your post, like I did during my lunch break.

10. Neutral-town is different than town. I have a town-ish feeling about him, not that he's purely town. Also, way to assume SSBF's connection to RayFrost. There's a reason why I said I felt that their reads were mutually exclusive. I hope you know what that means. I can google it for you if you'd like.

11. If you're town, you should be taking the time to think about your arguments instead of wanting the game over quickly "because it's not interesting". That's all I'll say on this subject because the argument pretty much writes itself.

12. See the last point.

13. It was a warning of "I want you to give us any information you have to help town. I suspect you if you withhold information. Get to it". Once again: Not having the time to post =/= AtE.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... to_emotion

Here you go.

14. The tone of someone's post can say a lot about them. Here's another link you'll find particularly interesting. It's not a denial, but it's the same idea:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ificDenial

Basically, speculating like that, talking for scum in a specific way creates the tone that he's part of their alignment. So, here's another example.

"Oh no, someone stole a cookie from the cookie jar. I think it could be Ted or Bill."

"So...I think Ted or Bill could have snuck in during recess to steal the cookies from the cookie jar."

Who would you be more inclined to believe has more information about who stole the cookie from the jar? Subconsciously, since person #2 knows more about the specific situation, you'd suspect them for having something to do with it.

15. Jeez, just read. I gave you time to answer any questions and give a scum-list, and you failed to do that. So I started to suspect you. It had nothing to do with the flow of the wagon. Read the post that I gave during my lunch break.

16. Yeah. To keep you from getting lynched pre-maturely so you could claim and give you more chances for a better defense. I never said I suspected SSBF less, either. You look scummier to me at the moment. More word twisting.

I wrote this with a fried brain, so excuse spelling mistakes or general idiocy.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

vezokpiraka wrote:I think this is the fourth PBPA I did.

Demon's last post. Now he is trying to acuse Socartes because he didn't lash out at me to respond his questions.
Actually, I wonder two things about Socrates at the moment.

Why isn't he on your ass about your response to his request for a scumlist?

Why didn't he talk against your wagon earlier, when you were 3 or 4 votes less? Why wait till you were L-1?

You want this one.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Hmph.
I think i misplaced Supersmash on the last list so he's the probable scum on vezo IMO.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”