Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Tajo, I may end up voting Hoopla after we lynch Vollkan just so ya know.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Votecount

Hoopla (1) -- Incognito
Empking (1) -- q21
vollkan (4) -- curiouskarmadog, Kmd4390, Tenchi, populartajo
curiouskarmadog (1) -- vollkan
Tenchi (2) -- SpyreX, Hoopla

Not voting (6) -- imaginality, Ojanen, Empking, Kinetic, Slicey, mykonian

15 alive, 8 to lynch.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

Tenchi wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Tenchi wrote:5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence. I find myself not sticking to one singular playstyle.
Hi, you are scum, aren't you?
Yes I am <.<
Sarcasm. On the question "are you scum", this is considered a minor scumtell, right?
(Seriously now, I really am not consistent with my play. I'd consider myself aggressive but the game that we won the scummie for I was pretty much a lurker. In the last game we had, I got lynched as a lurker scum, but I also won my very first mafia game in Spies by being aggressive.)
Lol, you just didn't get the question.

Tenchi, as far as I know, you aren't an impressive scumhunter and you get into trouble early for theory stances. You generally stand out, and that is a dangerous position to be in at the start of the game. Now, the only way you don't get lynched early in the game is either to lurk there, or to bluff your way out by being aggressive.
Also, SpyreX, I am usually more paranoid then most. Therefore, I do not just clear people just because you say so. Also, I am wary of scum getting some brownie points just because they "figured out" that somebody is town. So... reasons?
And the most effective way of dealing with this is
asking why that person must be town?

Tenchi wrote:Now your explanation on your PopT read? Right now, I am assuming all this declarations (you and Spyrex, maybe more?) are from meta reads which I am strongly distasteful about.
There are no reads without reference.

Kmd4390 wrote:Tajo, I may end up voting Hoopla after we lynch Vollkan just so ya know.
Assuming a vollkan lynch. Excusing for a vote to Tajo. "I may end up voting".

you are joking here, right?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Do Ojanen, Empking, Kinetic know where this game is?

also,
unvote vollkan
, seems that mine is the only not serious vote on the boy. Not sure why the wagon started, but I am not feeling it, for pressure purposes, going to be gone mokst of the weekend (I think) and I hate having unintended votes (that I am not sure of).

Not getting anything to sink my teeth into...yet.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Ojanen »

No I didn't. I managed to not find the thread for several days despite looking in this subforum. Just came back again to check. Go figure.

1. Have you played in a Lights Out game before?

I assume this means the multiple-lynching mechanic. Nope. I skimmed some of the Roccisi game with the mechanic while it was ongoing though, the one with Adel leading seven or so D1 lynches.

2. I give you $200 to place a bet on the first Day 1 lynch, with return odds of 15/1 for each player. Who do you bet on?

Slicey. People are often reluctant to actually follow through with the classic policy lynchings of the Empkings.

3. What do you think is the optimum number of lynches for Day 1?

It depends whether I get good reads/convinced about scum. 1-2 seems reasonable. Hoopla's commentary seemed reasonable, but I haven't thought about this closely yet.

5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence.

For someone with my persona, mafia is an interesting exercise in overcompensation and rolling from aggressive to uselessly cautious and sympathetic and back depending on confidence/accuracy of reads in recent games.
Incognito wrote:Because, if you're scum, your survey seems like a nice little tactic to clog the thread with noise. I've seen Adel use something similar in at least two of his past scum games, I know he's a player you respect, and so I didn't want to go along the route you wanted me to take just in case this was that kind of tactic.
Will you be answering your own survey? Will you be illuminating us with your insight on people's alignments once answers are received?
Disingenious and a bit overly paranoid in tone; as if acting. Time will tell if just RVS mood but minus.
Tenchi wrote:
Slicey wrote:oh god being in two games with Patrick being the mod is going to be confusing. @_@
You're playing with different people. Why would this be a problem?
Noise from Tenchi, specifically asking a question for the sake of asking a question.
Tenchi wrote:5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence. I find myself not sticking to one singular playstyle.
Overtly self-unaware answer. Everyone has plenty of persona to spill over.

ckd collects some micro-non-mafia points for mixing this up with an /in-vitational. I assume scum have nighttalk and mod wrote nighttalkers could talk pre-game. It's somewhat more likely that Scummies invitational would be mentioned passingly than not and scum would be aware of reputations.
poptajp wrote:5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence.
Depends on the game but Im a logical town/scum hunter.
I haven't played with you since last fall but I don't think you've been around for a while either. When did you change from a very dominant vibe guy to someone using dominantly logic?

vote: Tenchi
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

imaginality wrote:Hoopla, are you voting Tenchi for contradicting himself in the post you quoted?
Yes, as well as being completely wishy-washy and noncommital. His posts are the definition of filler.
populartajo wrote: Hoopz, thoughs of the interrogator?
I agree with mykonian's little summary;

Now you are talking yourself into it.

You dislike RVS
Hoopla clearly creates a way to escape RVS
You
comment
on it.

and random vote anyway? Especially the incredibily effective (and discussion generating) OMGUS random vote!

It seemed like a weird action to take, but KMD and Tenchi are far more scummier. You should come and join me and SpyreX.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

Ojanen wrote: ckd collects some micro-non-mafia points for mixing this up with an /in-vitational. I assume scum have nighttalk and mod wrote nighttalkers could talk pre-game. It's somewhat more likely that Scummies invitational would be mentioned passingly than not and scum would be aware of reputations.
That's not a bad observation.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Hoopla

Survey, humourous roleplay rather than defence, using WIFOM to call q21. I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

(1. No 2. Hoopla 3. No clue 4.Furthering the game.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 am

Post by q21 »

Ojanen wrote:
3. What do you think is the optimum number of lynches for Day 1?

It depends whether I get good reads/convinced about scum. 1-2 seems reasonable. Hoopla's commentary seemed reasonable, but I haven't thought about this closely yet.
You're ever 'convinced about scum' on Day 1?
Ojanen wrote:

For someone with my persona, mafia is an interesting exercise in overcompensation and rolling from aggressive to uselessly cautious and sympathetic and back depending on confidence/accuracy of reads in recent games.
So how have you're reads in recent games been? How can we expect you to play in this game?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 am

Post by mykonian »

Something makes me dislike Q21's post. It can't be logic, for I have been near braindead for a few hours and I am really tired right now.

So it must be something in the tone or intention of the previous post that sets me off (gut. Hi vollkan).

Now I think of it, none of his questions actually have any intentions of finding scum. The first is almost a rhetorical question, and even if it wasn't, it's answer won't give anything but bickering. The second question is asking how effective and strong Ojanen is as town. Now I have no idea why town would want to know this, for it gives very little information if that person is scum. I do know why scum would want to know this. It would give them better information for a nightkill, and focuses discussion on the town part of the game.

Disclaimer. I know my posts can get very hard to read when I'm tired in any way. If anything is unclear, please post what you don't understand and I'll try to explain it tomorrow.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

Post by q21 »

Myko - the question about his meta response is simple. He's given an indefinite answer that allows him scope to play in just about any way he likes. I dislike that.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 am

Post by mykonian »

contrary to Tenchi, on this moment I think I believe Ojanen. I have seen at least one of Ojanen's playstyles, but that wouldn't give him a scummy.

wait. Tenchi. The guy who said his playstyle was always changing. Why not him? Bandwagon already too big?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

Post by q21 »

Tenchi's had already been pointed out. Ojanen's hadn't. I don't think its a big enough point to vote on for either, so I didn't repeat something that had already be said.

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Ojanen »

q21 wrote:You're ever 'convinced about scum' on Day 1?
I mostly replace into games so haven't played many D1s. I have been convinced and right of scum on D1 at least on one occasion off the top of my head.
The best town game I've played featured 5 deaths out of 20 players before D2, several of them very scummy but all town, which was wonderfully informative PoE. I'm not advocating a similar percentage of eliminations here (got good reads but game was a tough fight) but I'm open to more than 1 lynch depending on how the day develops.
q21 wrote:
Ojanen wrote:

So how have you're reads in recent games been? How can we expect you to play in this game?
I haven't played for 2 months. I hope that has nullified my game a little. It was a steady decline before that for a while.
It's not an indefinite answer, it's natural for someone who really dislikes mobs and plays the middleman peacebuilder role in real life, which is just mostly not effective in mafia; that's why I referred to overcompensation. Too wimpy/right is useless. aggressive/wrong gets harmful. Self-adjustment and gravitation to out-of-game persona forms the pattern I described.
Aggressive/insightful is the ideal obv.

she/her, btw.

q21, did you find the other answerers were more restricting of themselves in a game-relevant way?
q21 wrote:5. Semi-lurky with irregular flashes of logic, intellect, incisive questioning and decisive action
imaginality wrote:At best, calm and cheerful, with occasional flashes of insight and humour
Slicey wrote:5. Participate more as the game goes on.
Thread needs more Slicey btw. His playstyle description was an excuse before anyone asked for one.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hai, I found the game. Yay.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Myko, no, not joking. Not sure what gave you that impression. I find Hoopla scummy, but would prefer to lynch Vollkan first because he is scummier. Of course things can change, so I can't guarantee where my vote will fall in the future, but if I had to pick now, Hoopla would be up there as one of my top choices. Q21 and CKD are two players who I could see myself voting too though.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Kinetic wrote:Hai, I found the game. Yay.
Describe your process of finding the thread. Did you think it was still being set up? (yes it's a serious question)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:51 am

caught up/checking in.

I dont see anything that has my hackles up yet, even with all the theory discussion and D1 finger pointing. Until I get said hackles going, anyone have questions about my stances on anyone or cases being made??? Have a vote on someone, but no case?...maybe this is a good time to do it and try to convince to vote for your man.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 am

Post by mykonian »

curiouskarmadog wrote:caught up/checking in.

I dont see anything that has my hackles up yet, even with all the theory discussion and D1 finger pointing. Until I get said hackles going, anyone have questions about my stances on anyone or cases being made??? Have a vote on someone, but no case?...maybe this is a good time to do it and try to convince to vote for your man.
I'm not playing with you. I'm not going to ask questions when you are in the game without
any
will to do
anything

How many people are in favor of a policy lynch? Chances are just as good that CKD is scum, and we he isn't going to hunt for scum, so as town he'll just hold us back.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 am

mykonian wrote:

I'm not playing with you. I'm not going to ask questions when you are in the game without
any
will to do
anything

How many people are in favor of a policy lynch? Chances are just as good that CKD is scum, and we he isn't going to hunt for scum, so as town he'll just hold us back.
lol, where did I say I wasnt hunting for scum? What I did say was there wasnt anything that got my hackles going on page fucking four in this game. What I find funny is that you are saying that I am not scum hunting all the while saying we should just policy lynch me because "chances are just as good that I am not scum"...you are not scum hunting while pushing a policy lynch buddy.

so why is it that instead of asking me my opinion on someone or even asking me what I think of your case on X, you go straight to policy lynch? If you are trying to find scum and you want everyone to believe you think i am scum, why not see if there is a link between me and X? Or what my thoughts are on X's case on Y? You really arent scum hunting at all.

interested in hearing your responses here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 am

EDIT:
What I find funny is that you are saying that I am not scum hunting all the while saying we should just policy lynch me because "chances are just as good that I am scum"..there was no "NOT" in his post.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:15 am

furthermore,

@ all, I would like everyone to comment on that post....

was my post (92) scummy?

did I say I wasnt going to scum hunt?

Was mykonian post scummy?

Do you agree on page 4 we should just policy lynch anyone?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Tenchi »

Just checking in. Will post within 24 hours. Just please let me get 8 hours of straight sleep for tonight. @.@
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:23 am

Post by mykonian »

Here we go. I get to call myself town because CKD says I'm not scumhunting (someway we are only talking about "why someone is town". Can we, after this, please get back to talking about why people are scum?)

First, we have my catch up post (52). I didn't know at first that the game had started, and didn't know where it would be so it took a bit of time. Hoopla had insured something was happening already, so there was something to talk about.

The person my first points were about was tenchi, who didn't want to talk about his playstyle, and "doubted" hoopla's townread on tajo (which is discussing the wrong way around, favorable to scum).
Further, vollkan's random vote was odd, knowing that Vollkan doesn't like the RVS stage and wants to get out as fast as possible. He could have, by reacting in any way to hoopla's survey.
The third player and second on my scumlist, q21 made the one vote that I disliked. Empking. If we want to lynch him, we'll get there, but this way was plain wrong.

Then, we have KMD's playstyle. I'm still trying to figure out what it means, since the last time I met him he seemed to have different opinions about the game.

we have a re-statement of my points against tenchi (since he didn't seem to think them that scummy), and a post by q21 that didn't show any intention of finding scum.

I find it rather insulting you accuse me of not scumhunting.

And the last post, about you. You show a reactive playstyle, and absolutely no intention of playing this game ("convince me of voting someone", "I have no stances currently, but you can ask about them if you want to know about them") I hate such people and I'd rather policylynch you then having to read such a post every two days. Wait. You know something better? I'll make a case on you :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 am

Post by mykonian »

curiouskarmadog wrote:1.) no
2.) Empking (for the record, I asked to not be placed in a game with him, so I am not sure how we ended up in the same game)
3.) dont know, think my answer might change as the day continues, but will guess 2-3.
4.) muppet
5.) passionate to the point of anger
Relevant for 5.) Later in the game, we'll see that CKD can hardly be called passionate. He is rather lazy.
curiouskarmadog wrote:was excited for a bit, thought DGB was in the game,

also
vote vollkan

respect yo
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Do Ojanen, Empking, Kinetic know where this game is?

also,
unvote vollkan
, seems that mine is the only not serious vote on the boy. Not sure why the wagon started, but I am not feeling it, for pressure purposes, going to be gone mokst of the weekend (I think) and I hate having unintended votes (that I am not sure of).

Not getting anything to sink my teeth into...yet.
Something is happening on the vollkan wagon. CKD doesn't really understand why or how. In stead of trying to find out why vollkan gets voted, and seeing for himself if those reasons are valid, he says that there is nothing investigate... yet.

this is a clear contradiction, and this post makes no sense, unless you employ lurking as a strategy.

It is clear CKD intents to play a reactive game. This post contains no new information, but states that he wants everybody else 1. to fight for his vote, and 2. ask him about his stances on anyone (this while his "hackles aren't up") and him having shown absolutely no stances on anyone till then.

Now, if CKD was town, on this moment he'd try to form an opinion of himself (not asking others to convince him), and develop stances that way. Being a good towny, he would help the town by discussing how he came to those stances.

But we see nothing of all that here. The only reason why he'd post this, would be because as scum, he doesn't really have to form stances on anyone, and he'd only have to be "convinced" to vote a towny. Further lurking would remove most of the threat town is to him. We have a lurking scum here.
vote CKD

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”