Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

xvart wrote:2. I don't know. Why do you ask?
Considering that having at least three anti-town players is very likely, I wanted to know if you had a third suspect or not. It's not something I would go all over you for, thought.
Tazaro wrote:It's good that there is "we who survive." I'm not denying that; I have to see how Poirot does things later, but I learned that scum aren't going to pop out of the woodwork day one mostly likely; forgive me for instances of run-on sentences, I'm just tired and being in plenty of games I've got to conserve my energy in typing words before bedtime so I'm more lucid.
If you are tried, don't post. Also, if you seriously want us to think that Humble Poirot is scum, find evidence of him being scummy. Right now, your pushing of Humble Poirot is unconvincing.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Effectively, my scum list is nilch. I have to read more and discard gut feelings. And sleep before doing any of that.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by diddin »

I just found out something by browsing the forums a bit: Friend didn't replace out of all of his games when he replaced out of this one? Panicking scum or just too many games? I need to do a reread on Humble, I have just considered him town but never took a good hard look at his posts. Without going into ongoing games, I can say that xvart is not playing outside of his playstyle. He tends to push HARD on somebody until they're lynched, so his actions about quadz are a null-tell to me.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Quadz08's Bandwagon Analysis

quadz08 (7) Humble Poirot, xvart, vezokpiraka, q21, Oso, diddin, Tazaro

Humble Poirot
: His case on quadz08 starts off very well and his pushing of him remained strong throughout the rest of the game. I liked how he always add new materials to his argument aganist quadz08, but not go as far as to tunnel him throughout the game, as he does look at other people as well. Seems town-intended.

xvart
: Another person who pushed strongly for quadz08's lynch. He started to attack quadz08 in ISO 5 where he gave him a FoS. Push quadz08 again starting in ISO 15 and proceed with a vote in ISO 19. Then his activity goes us considerably. His push for quadz08's lynch is more strightforward then Humble Poirot's and he approaches it in a different angle. Definently had town motivations for it.

vezokpiraka
: ISO 28 makes absolutely no sense. He said his vote is still on KageLord, yet he switched his vote to quadz08. This is giving me the feeling that he's buddying up to what xvart said about quadz08 so he is not responsible for providing his own thoughts on him. He does almost nothing to help lynch quadz08. Despite him being early in the bandwagon, this does not give him the freedom to ride it out without explaining why he finds quadz08's suspicious. All this makes it likely that he had a scum motivation for lynching quadz08.

q21
: Only really mentions suspicion on quadz08 once during Day 1 and it was in his last post of Day 1. At least he adds something to why he thought quadz08 was scum. Not sure of motive.

Oso
: Another person that didn't do too much to push the quadz08's lynch, although it seems genuine as he at least gives xvart some credit for his case instead of basically leeching off of it (Like vezokpiraka). Currently null on motive on lynching quadz08.

diddin
: I don't know, something about him being on the bandwagon doesn't really stick out well to me. Overall, he didn't really add much material to why he found quadz08 scummy, although then again, neither did q21 and Oso. He claimed that the main reason why he had quadz08 as his second suspect was because mainly of xvart's point against him. Then why didn't he add it earlier when mentioning his scum list? Need to take a closer look at him.

Tazaro
: I understand he replaced near the end of the deadline, but that didn't mean he should have immediately hammered quadz08. He gave no explanation on why he found quadz08 scummy. Here in ISO 10, he uses statistics to say that he was probably town, which is a really bad reason for calling a person town. Not a fan of his hammering without explaining his suspicion on quadz08.

I'll need to re-read vezokpiraka, diddin, and Tazaro closer in ISO, but for now, I think these are the most likely scums in the game. I will decide my vote from there and give my opinion on all three players.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Oso »

A no NK Night 1?

Wonderful.

I mean it is good as we have no dead townie but we also have no usable information from the night really.

1 - Mafia decided not to kill.
2 - Mafia hit a bulletproof role.
3 - Doctor made a successful save.
(those are the three I can come up with off the top of my head that don't complicate my thinking too much)

Don't expect much out of me for the next day or so. Going to back and completely tear apart Day 1 and see if I can get any of those three options to make sense. Or perhaps add other options to it.

@Diddin (sorry can't let this go by) why Friend replaced out of this game
DOESN'T BELONG HERE AS ANY SORT OF EVIDENCE OF ALIGNMENT
. Unless you absolutely know why he replaced out, then it still doesn't belong in the thread at least in my opinion.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Oso »

I said wrote:..
(those are the three I can come up with off the top of my head that don't complicate my thinking too much)
1 - Possible, although I can't figure out why they would. Best I could come up with is an NK immune Godfather they are setting up for a Iron Townie claim in case there is a Vig that happens to tag him and he doesn't die.

2 - No way in hell to tell at this point. Also, see number 1.

3 - Again possible and that's all I will say about except that if there IS a doc and you did protect someone last night, you might want to speak up if we if are going to lynch your protectee. Good chance with no night kill that you may have blocked a Mafia kill and we are about to lynch a townie.

VOTE: vezo

Yesterday, I went some lengths to create static for you because I thought you had soft claimed. My reasoning is in the last half of this post and the main reason I went after KageLord as hard as I did. So I don't care if it is considered role-fishing, I'd like a claim from you sometime today. Easy if possible, but I think there is enough support for pressuring you to L-1 for a claim if you want to go that route.

Poirot might have started it, xvart might have solidified it but you(vezo), q21, myself and diddin are on the hook for quadz's lynch. I'm discounting Tazaro at this moment because even though he did hammer, KageLord had already confirmed his intention to hammer so there was no need for scum to do it at that point, to beat the deadline. We four are the ones that made that lynch possible.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by KageLord »

Oso wrote:A no NK Night 1?

Wonderful.

I mean it is good as we have no dead townie but we also have no usable information from the night really.

Don't expect much out of me for the next day or so. Going to back and completely tear apart Day 1 and see if I can get any of those three options to make sense. Or perhaps add other options to it.
Is there actually a role like #2? Roughly how common is it (you could just say uncommon or rare or something like that if you don't feel comfortable giving a guesstimate)?
Oso wrote:@Diddin (sorry can't let this go by) why Friend replaced out of this game
DOESN'T BELONG HERE AS ANY SORT OF EVIDENCE OF ALIGNMENT
. Unless you absolutely know why he replaced out, then it still doesn't belong in the thread at least in my opinion.
I agree.

This weak suspicion against Poirot by Tazaro and diddin soon after Night is unsettling. I can't tell if there's any malice behind it though since they are very non-committal about it (whether because they are scum or just unsure). Suffice it to say, for the moment at least, there is no case there. "He seems to be intelligent" and speculation on Friend's reason(s) for leaving this game are terrible reasons to suspect him.

For the moment, I'll say that I'm feeling a bit better about Oso thanks to his late D1 posts. In my book, he's moved up to just plain neutral. I am even more unsure now about vezok though. A lot of this stuff against him could be blamed on just bad (if you don't want to give me that, then at least awkward) town play. I am just sort of unwilling to give him that free ride though since his play could just be somewhat bad scum play as well. If he doesn't show improvement here as far as scumhunting efforts go, I would still be willing to try for his lynch D2.

And xvart, I hope the hat was tasty.

Preview edit:
Oso wrote:1 - Possible, although I can't figure out why they would. Best I could come up with is an NK immune Godfather they are setting up for a Iron Townie claim in case there is a Vig that happens to tag him and he doesn't die.

2 - No way in hell to tell at this point. Also, see number 1.

3 - Again possible and that's all I will say about except that if there IS a doc and you did protect someone last night, you might want to speak up if we if are going to lynch your protectee. Good chance with no night kill that you may have blocked a Mafia kill and we are about to lynch a townie.
1 - ... I'm going to have to look up all of those terms before I can even begin to understand that.

2 - See above.

3 - I was actually kind of afraid of this logic. I mean, it seems logical that the doc should speak up if a townie is about to be lynched, but I'm not sure that it should be that black and white. If the doc speaks up in that scenario and it makes us change our minds about the lynch (and give the doc a free pass too, of course), it could turn out that the scum just chose to no-kill N1 and the doc just saved a scum and put himself in front of a bullet N2. This becomes even worse then once we see that it was actually the doc, which means he would probably be telling the truth about saving someone N1 and we would further discount that person as a suspect. There is another possibility that turns out pretty badly for town too, but I think it's best to hold on to that one in case something like it actually happens. Basically, what I'm getting at is that I think the doc should only claim and save his protectee from being lynched if he is confident that this person isn't actually scum that just no-killed.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

What just happened?
It doesn't make sense. What is happening?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Tazaro »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:[
Tazaro
: I understand he replaced near the end of the deadline, but that didn't mean he should have immediately hammered quadz08. He gave no explanation on why he found quadz08 scummy.
I said I did not suspect quadz08. I made it clear that it's an information lynch.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Tazaro »

^diddin, are you telling us about Friend's replacement activity to have an excuse to tell you are going to find things about Poirot?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Tazaro »

edit: ...an excuse to tell US you are going to find things about Poirot. Are you attempting to make him the most suspicious person on the bandwagon? Hmmm?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Tazaro have you read the whole game yet? Who are your top three suspects?
diddin Post 427 wrote:I just found out something by browsing the forums a bit: Friend didn't replace out of all of his games when he replaced out of this one? Panicking scum or just too many games?
What's your opinion?

Here you are just asking the town to comment first before you commit to a position. Scummy.

Vote: diddin

His quick unvote of vezo at lynch-2 is horrible. He states “we should look at the wagon” because it built to fast. This suggests that he thinks a) vezo is likely town and b) there is scum on his wagon. However diddin
never mentions this wagon again
. When questioned about it, he just says that it's because he doesn't do wagon analysis until after the flip. He wanted other people to do his work for him. But it all just smacks fake to me because of his lack desire to see anyone talk about this wagon. I think it was a weak ploy to win town points.

He also did very little during yesterday, jumped onto quadz in a opportunistic manner and his first post of the day is, surprise surprise, non committal.

I don't like the weak suspicion on Humble, going to need something much more solid than "he could be smart scum."
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Tazaro »

diddin's intellectually suspicious. I'm not talking about the gut suspicion I had with Poirot or jay. Diddin's cooking up stuff. I should vote for him now that my triple posting is not in danger of being one of my annoying quadruples, which someone once said they wished I could be policy lynched for in a now completed game. I hope nobody despises my triple posts> I can stop if asked.
VOTE: diddin
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 am

Post by Tazaro »

^my other two suspects, honestly, are ? and ?. My vote for diddin in the previous post needs to have its merits debated. Do you guys see the same thing I see about diddin?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 am

Tazaro wrote:I said I did not suspect quadz08. I made it clear that it's an information lynch.
Yes but everyone else on the bandwagon (vezokpiraka is a possible exception) wanted quadz08 lynched. I'd rather lynch scum then lynch for the sake of information.
Tazaro wrote:^my other two suspects, honestly, are ? and ?.
I thought they could be any of Humble Poirot, xvart, and jayfl383. You did not answer sotty's question.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Tazaro »

I keep procrastinating with the reading. And I'm not going to make a list of official suspects unless those suspects are on that list for more than gut feeling. My suspect list is diddin, ?, ?. My people to look out for are everyone, my people who are probably town are Oso and Sotty.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote count 2.1

Oso (0)
Tazaro (0)
KageLord (0)
Humble Poirot (0)
q21 (0)
jayfl383 (0)
xvart (0)
diddin (2) Sotty7, Tazaro
vezokpiraka (1) Oso
Sotty7 (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (0)

Not voting: KageLord, Humble Poirot, q21, jayfl383, xvart, diddin, vezokpiraka, Super Smash Bros. Fan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Deadline is August 13th, 10:30 AM (GMT + 10:00).

Searching for a replacement for jayfl383.

Players are reminded that discussing ongoing games is against the game's and more importantly the site rules. That includes linking to this game while it is still ongoing.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:12 am

Post by q21 »

Tazaro wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:[
Tazaro
: I understand he replaced near the end of the deadline, but that didn't mean he should have immediately hammered quadz08. He gave no explanation on why he found quadz08 scummy.
I said I did not suspect quadz08. I made it clear that it's an information lynch.
Okay, so you approached it as an information lynch. What information were you expecting it to reveal? What information did it actually reveal to you?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Tazaro »

I can't expect the information that it reveals. I can only see what happens in the aftermath, but those who were on the wagon have to be watched, including me. The thing I find now is diddin telling us that he's going to reread Humble. What could that achieve for diddin's intentions?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Oso »

@KageLord. The Godfather Role is a scum role that is usually investigation immune and in some cases I've seen, also night kill immune (Iron if you will although I don't think that term is in common use use here. Bulletproof is favored). A good example of both roles (Godfather, Bulletproof Townie) are in the role descriptions in this post of Mini #714 (near the bottom of the post) and the QT of the game here (post #10) to see how scum planned on using the BP townie role to cover the GF if you are interested. (This game is over by the way, topic locked well over a year ago)

Back on the game here though, some(most) of that post is mainly me talking out loud to myself, it helps to clarify my thoughts so be careful using any of that speculation for your own use unless it you see something that makes any of it make sense to you.

As to the Doc claiming if we are about to lynch a protectee, you are right. I didn't come right out and say it but yeah, if that situation comes up and the Doc (if there is one) determines it's not in the town's interest to speak up that's something best left to the player to figure out. That's why I didn't go any deeper into the reasoning than I did.
-
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 am

Post by diddin »

The Humble reread is coming, I have Band Camp today and WILL do it this evening. Trust me on this one. The reason I'm rereading Humble is my only read on him in the past was town, but that read wasn't a very strong one. I like to have better reads D2 than D1.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:28 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

diddin wrote:The Humble reread is coming, I have Band Camp today and WILL do it this evening. Trust me on this one. The reason I'm rereading Humble is my only read on him in the past was town, but that read wasn't a very strong one. I like to have better reads D2 than D1.
Seriously?
Are you kidding me?
You are now trying to deflect the wagon from you to Hubmle?
Half of the people here consider him town. I don't want him lynched.

This isn't working today diddin.

Vote diddin
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 am

Post by KageLord »

vezokpiraka wrote:
diddin wrote:The Humble reread is coming, I have Band Camp today and WILL do it this evening. Trust me on this one. The reason I'm rereading Humble is my only read on him in the past was town, but that read wasn't a very strong one. I like to have better reads D2 than D1.
Seriously?
Are you kidding me?

Vote diddin
This seems like a bandwagon vote to earn town points to me. Obviously this read will probably include bias since I already suspected vezok, but this doesn't seem legitimate to me at all. There is virtually no threat on Humble to be lynched at this point. Furthermore, diddin hasn't even committed to Humble yet. All he has said is that he will reread him (albeit for weak reasons). I don't see how that could possibly be him "deflecting the wagon... to Humble". As far as I know, deflecting a wagon requires you to raise some point(s) about someone and definitely to vote them. So it either is a really weak deflect from diddin or a weak vote from vezok. I think the latter is more likely.

Vote: vezokpiraka
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:24 am

Post by diddin »

vezokpiraka wrote:
Seriously?
Are you kidding me?

Vote diddin
Why do you assume that by rereading Humble I want him lynched? I think he's town and just want to reinforce my read. I don't just ISO people that I think are scum.

This is a blatant wagon vote with piss-poor reasoning.
vote: vezo
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Tazaro »

diddin and KageLord, engaged in tag-teaming vezo, a weak player? I believe it.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”