kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alduskkel wrote:Hey kyle99, who do you suspect most?
Err, is it really not clear from my recent posts?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

Exactly. That's what I call active lurking. Asking that question indicates that he was paying no attention to exactly what he was pretending to want to know.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:No. What makes you say that?
The reason you gave for voting me is a lie. Had i not said that very plainly?
It's not. Do I have to walk you through the process? Step 1, point at player list. Step 2, close eyes. Step 3, Eenie Meenie Miney Moe and move your finger each time you say a word.
Ythan wrote:
Forgive me, but here's a quick wiki definition:
A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game.
Posting "Hey." sounds like it fits.
So you
were
active lurking. And I dropped one post for my egosearch before I settled down to business. Not the same.
Okay, first of all, past tense noted. So neither of us thinks the other is active lurking currently.

Secondly, how was I even active lurking before? Asking questions does progress the game.
At least
as much as random voting.
Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Okay. What makes it disingenuous?
It does not. Read. As genuine. Next.
:roll: Elaborate. It's disingenuous because it doesn't read as genuine? Lame.
Ythan wrote:
Narrow what down?
Really, do you not see how what roles may be in the game might narrow down what roles are in the game?
Okay, you wanted to ask a question that would result in an increased likelihood of Mafia finding a Vigilante. I asked what you meant by narrowing things down, since I presumed you didn't mean narrowing down the possible people who could be vigs.

So. What was the point of that question, hmm?

@kyle99: My point is that you're voting for me.

That should answer Ythan's accusation in the post above, too.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

And by the way
Vote: Ythan

for having no good explanation for asking that obvious role fish question.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Beefster »

Ythan- My reasons against you and Netlava are the same as the others. It was purely speculation at the time, based mostly on yabbaguy's post.
I would like to say that I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable both with the way you've reacted to questions and answers, as well as your reasonless rolefishing.
VOTE: Ythan
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:42 am

Post by ekiM »

I had a problem with Netlava's unthinking response to Ythan. I thought maybe Ythan was looking for that but apparently not. Ythan, why did you think it was pro-town to figure out who might be what power role? Why are you disputing that Aduskkel voted you randomly? How could you possibly know? What is it that makes you think dr was being disingenuous? Saying "you're scum because you're disingenuous" is question begging. Scum are the only ones with a reason to be disingenuous.

All this arguing over who was or wasn't active lurking seems pointless.

Zajnet unvoting his random vote is no good. Do something.

I have no idea why dr can't use the search function if he actually cares about meta.

People can stop talking about digging ditches and usernames and other irrelevant stuff.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Ythan »

Alduskkel wrote:Secondly, how was I even active lurking before? Asking questions does progress the game.
At least
Have I not been clear that I found your feigned inquiries disingenuous?
Are you some kind of maroon. I think you're lying. How much clearer can I make that for you.
It is literally as if you are unable to read because I find myself faced with the exact same questions I have already answered for you numerous times.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Ythan, please answer the question on everyone's lips, which is to explain why you suggested asking everyone if they liked vigging N0 in the first place. What were you trying to achieve?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Secondly, how was I even active lurking before? Asking questions does progress the game.
At least
Have I not been clear that I found your feigned inquiries disingenuous?
And what makes you think that they're disingenuous?
Ythan wrote:
Are you some kind of maroon. I think you're lying. How much clearer can I make that for you.
How about you actually elaborate like I asked?
Ythan wrote:
It is literally as if you are unable to read because I find myself faced with the exact same questions I have already answered for you numerous times.
More question dodging.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

The way I interpreted the question, it was more of a question of whether or not there is an SK in this game. In which case, the lack of 2 kills on N0 means it is less likely for there to be an SK than before. Either way, it should become more apparent after another night, I would think.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

The Fonz wrote:Ythan, please answer the question on everyone's lips, which is to explain why you suggested asking everyone if they liked vigging N0 in the first place. What were you trying to achieve?
I have answered this. I was speculating on my own about the nature of the setup. It was unwise for me to ask that question but it did not occur to me at the time.
Alduskkel wrote:And what makes you think that they're disingenuous?
This is a dumb question. You are either being intentionally obtuse or you are just obtuse. I don't trust your inquiry because I don't trust your inquiry. It's how it reads to me. I will not attempt to further break this down.
Yep.
More question dodging.
Incorrect, and this is a poor attempt at painting it so. I have answered each question you have asked. In some cases I answered before you even did so, for the nth time anyway.
Netlava wrote:The way I interpreted the question, it was more of a question of whether or not there is an SK in this game. In which case, the lack of 2 kills on N0 means it is less likely for there to be an SK than before. Either way, it should become more apparent after another night, I would think.
This is correct. The most useful point in speculating about night kills, as a townie, is the consideration of whether or not there might be a serial killer present.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Ythan wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Ythan, please answer the question on everyone's lips, which is to explain why you suggested asking everyone if they liked vigging N0 in the first place. What were you trying to achieve?
I have answered this. I was speculating on my own about the nature of the setup. It was unwise for me to ask that question but it did not occur to me at the time.
'I was speculating' is not an answer to that question. What did you think the benefits for town were of this kind of speculation? What were you hoping to achieve?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Ythan: Why did you phrase the question in question as "would it be acceptable to ask..." instead of asking the question outright?

Why is explaining a random vote as eenie-meenie-minie-moe not a reason, no less dodging?

@Ald: Why so cutting and sarcastic? Is this how you normally post?

Do you consider a player active lurking after one post? Is it scummy at that point? (referencing: "Hey.")

@Fonz: (answer after Ythan answers your latest question) Do you think speculation has good pro-Town benefits?
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:And what makes you think that they're disingenuous?
This is a dumb question. You are either being intentionally obtuse or you are just obtuse. I don't trust your inquiry because I don't trust your inquiry. It's how it reads to me. I will not attempt to further break this down.
That's equivalent to saying I'm scummy because I'm scummy.
Ythan wrote:
Yep.
Obviously not an elaboration.
Ythan wrote:
More question dodging.
Incorrect, and this is a poor attempt at painting it so. I have answered each question you have asked. In some cases I answered before you even did so, for the nth time anyway.
Hardly. I often have to repeat my questions to you -- such as the above 2, among others.
yabbaguy wrote:@Ald: Why so cutting and sarcastic? Is this how you normally post?

Do you consider a player active lurking after one post? Is it scummy at that point? (referencing: "Hey.")
I'm usually at least somewhat sarcastic. I have no idea if I'm being particularly sarcastic/cutting in this game. I don't have a sarcasm meter Firefox add-on that tells me if I've reached my sarcasm quota for a particular post.

Though that would be a good idea. Someone get on that.

Anyway, second question. No, one post alone can't label a player as an active lurker. But 2 pages into the game I'd be willing to latch on to the tiniest of scum tells. And let me be clear when I say that posting "Hey." and then not contributing at all is scummy.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.4

Netlava - 3 - The Fonz, ekiM, drmyshottyizsik
Alduskkel - 2 - kyle99, Ythan
Ythan - 2 - Alduskkel, Beefster
Beefster - 1 - Dry-fit
drmyshottyizsik - 1 - Netlava

Not voting: yabbaguy, Zajnet

With 11 alive, it is 6 to lynch. Deadline: August 16

....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

The Fonz wrote:'I was speculating' is not an answer to that question. What did you think the benefits for town were of this kind of speculation? What were you hoping to achieve?
I've answered the question. I was speculating. Repeating yourself isn't going to make me change my answer.
yabbaguy wrote:@Ythan: Why did you phrase the question in question as "would it be acceptable to ask..." instead of asking the question outright?

Why is explaining a random vote as eenie-meenie-minie-moe not a reason, no less dodging?
Because I was uncertain of the impact it might have. And his explanation is simply a lie. His explanation of it is very shifty and I can see no good reason not to answer such a simple question properly.
Alduskkel wrote:That's equivalent to saying I'm scummy because I'm scummy.
If you want to just drop this one off without explaining it then go on ahead.
Obviously not an elaboration.
I would have repeated what I said in the immediately preceding quote if I didn't overestimate your short term memory.
Hardly. I often have to repeat my questions to you -- such as the above 2, among others.
No, you just disregard my answers because you want to keep this going. Or you're dumb. I don't have enough experience with you as a player to say.
And let me be clear when I say that posting "Hey." and then not contributing at all is scummy.
This is a pathetic attempt at an accusation. Maybe I don't need so much experience with you.

Fixed quote tag. ~~NS
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

:roll:

At this point you're just saying, "I've explained this before." (when you haven't) and "You're ignoring my answers." (I haven't.)

And if you have answered this stuff before? Quote it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

I have
directly
referred back to such instances on at least one occasion. I'm not going to keep spoonfeeding you because you can't bother read through the five page thread.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

If you've got nothing to hide,
quote them
. Is that so hard?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Ythan »

How on Earth could I have something to hide? I'm just not babying you because I hate when players like you need everything spoonfed to them five times in a row. So you can use those page browsing buttons on the bottom and read the game you're playing in for yourself.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan wrote:How on Earth could I have something to hide?
Well, you're not quoting them so...
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I don't know if I believe Ythan didn't realize the problem with his question. It seems like an obvious objection. You asking other people if they objected, without trying to think of any objections yourself?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Beefster »

@Ythan: Give him the quote or someone else will.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

I was uncertain, which is why I asked. I had a hunch it might not be ideal so instead of coming out and asking I did that.

PREVIEW Beef, if someone else wants to baby him then that's their business.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Ythan you need to suck up your pride and give me the quotes already. Seriously.

Return to “Completed Open Games”