MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Furry wrote: SSK is a decent enough policy lynch, although he looks different then I have ever seen him before, which is a pleasant change. Probably not the best lynch for today.
Fair enough if you want to policy lynch me. I might just go back into my old habits any moment now. Killing me could save the town the game.However, I will try my best though to do my best.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Gollum »

*whispers to Nero that he forgot about the split personalities*

Agree about SSK's pleasant change, Smeagal does. Disagree about a Bunny or Brian lynch, as well.

(aw fuck that's Yoda, not Gollum)
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Chrono is confused as to why Gollum is posting like Troll
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Furry »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Furry wrote: SSK is a decent enough policy lynch, although he looks different then I have ever seen him before, which is a pleasant change. Probably not the best lynch for today.
Fair enough if you want to policy lynch me. I might just go back into my old habits any moment now. Killing me could save the town the game.However, I will try my best though to do my best.
I hope you dont revert, I like this change. If you were using an alt I would never have pegged you for you.

@Fate - Not sure if you get it yet or not. Depends on how town vote wagons occur.
Temporary unretired alt
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Gollum »

Hey, let's be real about this game for a second... It's 28 motherfuckers and 3 weeks for each day deadline. That said, raise your hand if you don't want long day phases.

*raises hand*

I'm thinking this game has Bowser, Meta Knight, Wario, Ganondorf, Waluigi (I think he was playable) and whoever else is a baddie that I can't think of right now. Are there enough bad guys for multiple mafia teams or only one team? - with my limited memory, I'm only thinking about one team. Getting back to my point, if there's a lot of bad guys in SSB, then I still have my hand raised since there's a higher probability/possibility/chance/etc that a scummy player will flip scum.

@Chrono: Nero and myself talked about making this hydra a gimmick of sorts. I just forget how Gollum/Smeagal talks in the LoTR movies.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@SSK's 193: Who's easily triggered? There was neither sarcasm nor animosity in my post at all. Why so paranoid?
Furry wrote:I would disagree. At this point I am sure quite a few people are voting on tells. Do you agree/disagree with any of them?
Coming tomorrow. I've gotta get to sleep.
Furry wrote:I would bet there is scum on the MPR wagon regardless of MPRs alignment. About a quarter of the game is on that wagon, chances are scum are on it.
Slight math fail. In pure odds, there's still a higher chance that there is no scum on the MPR wagon than that there is. I still think there certainly could be at least one, I'm just saying what pure odds state about it.
Furry wrote:Who is it and why?
As stated, most likely would be Mongoose. Gave a reason for TV, but not for LV. Why is that, do you think?
Furry wrote:Is MPR scum or town?
At this point, I see nothing wrong with MPR. Innocent until proven guilty.
Fate wrote:Where's my town vote Furry....
I'll give you some love.
Un-Town Vote frayed, Town Vote: Fate
Un-Lynch Vote Furry, Lynch Vote: mongoose
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Kirbyoshi wrote:@SSK's 193: Who's easily triggered? There was neither sarcasm nor animosity in my post at all. Why so paranoid?
You, dear person. I would like you to tell me how that was not sarcasm. How could it only be maybe something?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Gollum's 204: *Keeps hand down* BAD post. BAD. We want as long of a Day phase as we feel comfortable having and still getting a lynch, in order to drag out as much info as possible. And relying on flavor this early in the game is also a horrible idea. I've read one SSB Mafia game, and been in another. In one of them, the Mafia was the bad guys; in the other, the Mafia was actually characters that were in Melee, but got shafted for Brawl, and so disguised themselves as Brawl characters (with Tabuu as an indy, iirc). So, in other words, we CANNOT rely on flavor, at least not this early.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I was offering a suggestion, SSK. Do you not take kindly to suggestions?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I was offering a suggestion, SSK. Do you not take kindly to suggestions?
Then why did you capitalize a word when it was not necessary? It can be seen as if you put an exclamation mark right after the word.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I was offering a suggestion, SSK. Do you not take kindly to suggestions?
Then why did you capitalize a word when it was not necessary? It can be seen as if you put an exclamation mark right after the word.
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by Pikachu »

[FRIEND]

Saying "OMG short days are bad" is one of the EASIEST ways for scum to look like they're town.

Kirby, why did it take further prodding to get you to vote? Why did you townvote Fate?
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Switz »

Looking at the game so far it seems the Kirby wagon's the best one to be on. The MPR wagon is just silly and there's not enough justification to join any of the others. I especially think the Mongoose case is ridiculous. And I'm not Town Voting yet because I think it's too early to start doing so.

Vote: Kirbyoshi
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by I doubt it »

I see people have already pretty much abandoned the notion of constantly town voting 2 players, but pointing this out anyway(bold mine):
The Master Hand wrote: 2. Townie Points. Townie Points is where a person is voted because they have the strongest town read from them. To place a Town Vote, use the Town Vote [Insert Username] Command. You may unvote and revote as many time as you want. The player with the most town point or if there a tie, the player who had the most vote first wins. If that person were to earn the most Town Points and the most Lynch Vote, if the player has more Lynch Votes then Town Points, the person gets lynched and the person with the 2nd most Townie Point wins. If the person has as much or more Townie Points then Lynch Votes, the person wins and a "No Lynch" occurs.
The winner is awared with the ability to use the Smash Ball for one Night and receive Night Immunity for one Night. But the player may not compete for it again.
However, if it came to the circumstances where we have to reset the votes (When we reach every previous winner plus one non-winner or all previous-winners), it resets all over again.
So we should just town vote whoever is towniest as I don't think we'll have a round 2. It just doesn't seem realistic when a game this size must have several killing roles.

Kirby wagon is a good one.

Lynch Vote: Kirbyoshi
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by mongoose »

first game and I'm already being lynched :(. I realy didnt have a reason for voting MPR I just figured everyone else had a good reason so I went along. No one actually seems to have a reason for their votes, honestly (until people started voting me).
Go Hawkeyes!
whoami10
whoami10
Townie
whoami10
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by whoami10 »

Reck has to move his ass and post here.

Why are qwe lynching kirby?
Anyway WE need that ball. We know how to use for the best of everyone.

Vote town xVEZOKENERx
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Furry »

Why do people insist on self-town-voting. Mod(s) should have just disallowed that to save all of us the headache of people who do not understand stuff.

Sorry reck and someone else hydra, ball is going to either Pikachu or Fate. There may be another player in the running at a later date, but for now, it is just those two. No one else is over the comfort/reliability line.

It is like this

There are a few others in low trust/high town area, just about everyone else is around the "line of arbitrary hatered".
Temporary unretired alt
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by Chronopie »

un-lynch vote: fate, Lynch vote: Kirbyoshi

Un-town vote: Chrono, Town vote: Fate

--

Kirby is the RVS-esqe wagon I see.

I paid my Due to a Fate-RVS vote. (long time convention). But he's probably town. (If he pulls another SE II though, I'm gonna be pissed).
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by Gollum »

Gollum wrote:
Hey, let's be real about this game for a second... It's 28 motherfuckers and 3 weeks for each day deadline. That said, raise your hand if you don't want long day phases.

*raises hand*

I'm thinking this game has Bowser, Meta Knight, Wario, Ganondorf, Waluigi (I think he was playable) and whoever else is a baddie that I can't think of right now. Are there enough bad guys for multiple mafia teams or only one team? - with my limited memory, I'm only thinking about one team. Getting back to my point, if there's a lot of bad guys in SSB, then I still have my hand raised since there's a higher probability/possibility/chance/etc that a scummy player will flip scum.

@Chrono: Nero and myself talked about making this hydra a gimmick of sorts. I just forget how Gollum/Smeagal talks in the LoTR movies.

This is not the pro-town play. We believes the mongoose. Hollywood not like mongoose, he knows better.

lynch vote: Hollywood
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:32 am

Post by SGRaaize »

INCOMING FLURRY OF PUNCHES ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA
Framm 18 wrote:Looks as if this has finally started so...

VOTE: Gandalf for reasons that if you read Newbie 976 you would understand.
Could you please specify or resume what you mean?
diddin wrote:Anyone not self-town voting is risking giving a smash ball to scum.
If everyone self votes, no one gets protection and no one vigs, which helps the scum, not us.
Meaning: You earn more by town voting and sometimes having bad luck and town voting scum than not town voting and giving the entire edge to the scum.

FoS: Diddin

Bunnylover wrote:
Vote: MPR

Sorry, but if Fate was fooled to think you were mafia, then I'm going to vote against you :<
Reason, because the last game I played in I too was fooled.
What u on about, dude?
FoS: Bunnylover

tanstalas wrote:
VOTE: SGR

Cuz OMGUS votes kick ass
DON'T VOTE ME AGAIN, YOU SUCK

Unvote Lynch

Alright, playtime is over, bitches
Kocc42 wrote:

you just earned my vote.

Vote: Framm18

And cause I like controversy,

Town Vote: MehPlusRawr
Why? I agree that Meta is annoying, but we might as well learn what he means
diddin wrote:
Pikachu wrote:[AGM]

Kill: SocioPath

Vote: diddin
, GOD don't be so arrogant and vote for yourself for town nomination that's like nominating yourself for an award.
If you're town you're risking giving scum a smash ball by not self-townvoting. Town reads shouldn't be something thrown around early game.
Once again, that's wrong, and Town Reads in the beginning ARE possible

HoS: Diddin

Chronopie wrote:
Lynch Vote: Fate
hai. (Also hai to Almaster, Andrius, ani, furry, gandalf, kise, manho, mpr-kitten, nacho, nero, paltry, Socio, Vez/Reck, zazie, and anyone that I've played with but missed.)

Town Vote: Chrono
I am a great believer in trusting no-one until proven town. burnt once too often.
You ain't gonna get any votes by doing that, you might as well not vote at all, it'l lead to the same thing
Furry wrote:
diddin wrote:Anyone not self-town voting is risking giving a smash ball to scum.
*sigh*
Kirbyoshi wrote:
Vote: Pikachu
because a) Nominating yourself for an award works sometimes, and b) Because it is highly unlikely you have the role of Pikachu.
Town Vote: diddin
Furry wrote:Oh wow it gets worse.

Kirby and diddin are both great early wagons, far better then MPR, if you are voting someone for the link thing it should be frayed. Kirby is a little more likely scum though.

FoS diddin
What do you mean? I get you suspecting Diddin, but Kirbyoshi was clearly RVSing, and I get you giving a town read due to him thinking like you (although I don't think that's really enough to give a town read) but Fate hadn't even said something interesting to the game up from the beginning of the thread to that post, what the hell
Furry wrote:A few things more

1) Fate lynch wagon is awful. I hate to use mod error, but it is there, and Fate is more likely then not town because of it. I will explain if needed but as a critical thinking exercise, try and figure it out on your own first. Only reason I am not town-voting Fate is that I would prefer vig powers in hands of someone who will think about it and is prob town then someone who is impuslive and almost for sure town at this point in a game.
Everyone had the broken link, not an argument
4) MPR is getting there with that last post of his.
Hum? You mean this?
MehPlusRawr wrote:
Vote: Mongoose

He's just wagoning on me without even pretending to have a reason. Newbscum?
frayed wrote:
Vote: Kirbyoshi
Town Vote: Furry

Kirby is scum because of the lack of actual reasoning (and contradiction) in his voting patterns. Look at his town-vote of me, and then his statement where he says that "there hasn't been *any* tells of consequence" (which includes town-tells) and clearly an omgus vote.

Furry is town due to seeing Kirby and diddin scum; just like I do.
Derp
The guy was saying everyone was still feeling each other, that included him, he thought you were kinda townie and threw a vote to you to see if it would stick, just like he said
There's no contradiction in his post at all
Kirbyoshi wrote:Sigh, Pika. Am I gonna hafta put up with this from you all game?

imo, either nacho or Mongoose is the most likely to be scum based solely off of the MPR wagon, as they didn't even give RVS reasons. Mongoose even goes so far as to Town Vote someone else WITH reasoning, but not attach any reasoning to his LV on MPR.
There are NO RVS REASONS, that's the point, its random, that's the fun
diddin wrote:
unvote

I'll do a little look at the Kirby thing tomorrow cause it's late. I have no reason to change my town vote until I find a suitable candidate for it.
So now you say you're looking for a suitable candidate, hum... I'l have my eyes on you, mister.
MafiaSSK wrote:
Kirbyoshi wrote:Maybe WHY the case he presented has merit?
Nice sarcasm. Let's analyze this sentence shall we?
1. Capitalizes the "why" in this sentence when it should be lower case. This means he is trying to pronounce the obvious to the one whom it is talking to. Now the targetted person, was asking a simple question of what else he could have done. Nothing more and nothing less. He did nothing to activate this type of aggression. Thus it is eagily triggered agression. This would be a trait found in someone who is nervous of being found out as something like a third party or a mafiaite.

To answer the question: It was nicely said and follows up on the facts.
What type of agression? He was just pressing the Why because you didn't say WHY you found his statement good.
Although I agree with you on one point, I really don't see why he attacked that town vote of yours, suspicious
MafiaSSK wrote:
I dunno if you are naturally over reacting to this or making sure we all think he's wrong by stressing the why
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Correcting something I said
What do you mean? I get you suspecting Diddin, but Kirbyoshi was clearly RVSing, and I get you giving a town read due to him thinking like you (although I don't think that's really enough to give a town read) but Fate hadn't even said something interesting to the game up from the beginning of the thread to that post, what the hell
What I meant was:
What do you mean? I get you suspecting Diddin, but Kirbyoshi was clearly RVSing, and I get you giving a town read to Pikachu due to him thinking like you (although I don't think that's really enough to give a town read) but Fate hadn't even said something interesting to the game up from the beginning of the thread to that post, what the hell
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
frayed
frayed
Townie
frayed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:00 am

Post by frayed »

Yeah Fate's town here. I'd not be adverse to giving him the Smash Ball, I don't think Furry's reasons for not giving it to him are fair to Fate. His scumhunting record is pretty damn good so I'd not mind a smash ball in his hands. Furry's slightly better choice at this point though I think.

Gollum hydra look prob town at this stage. Mongoose reads as slightly newb town for 214.

Raaize lots of FOs/HOS there on diddin I assumed you'd follow it up with a vote, unless I missed it, why didn't you? You've got all your fingers and eyes on him, why not vote him too?
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:03 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I dunno, when it comes to vote lynches, I'm in "heavy sleep", it takes me something solid to start a vote lynch, but it'l be hard for me to unvote.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:03 am

Post by SGRaaize »

And by solid, I mean really solid
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Framm 18 »

SGRaaize wrote:

Could you please specify or resume what you mean?
Seeing as how I had no information to go on at the moment, I was making a little jab at Gandalf. He ignored the game on the last Lynch and put his replacement in an almost impossible situation to get out of, and he was town. The vote was never intended to stay as pointed out by the fact that it has already changed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”