Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Korashk »

/confirm, for my first game here.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Korashk »

Prox wrote: 1. How would you define your playstyle?
I analyze a lot, I can over-analyze. I read day phases multiple times.
2. Do you plan to play differently this game than in your other games, or will you be sticking to your meta?
I plan to play this game like I normally do, but that doesn't really mean anything. I also don't know what a "meta" is.
3. Do you know your win/loss record here on MS? What is it?
This is my first game here, but I have a winning record where I normally play.
4. Can you link us to any of your past games?
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5309/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5427/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5615/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5742/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5871/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5979/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6074/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6351/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6431/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6548/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6704/
5. What is your opinion on lurking?
The mafia doesn't do it. It's a stupid strategy.
6. How active will you be this game?
Very
7. Are you scum? If so, who are your scumbuddies?
I don't know what this means, so I guess not.
8. Which people here do you know and/or have played with before?
None
9. How large will your posts normally be?
A few sentences to a paragraph.
10. What do you think players should do when a thread is open for pre-game chat?
Not much, though I don't know how important the pre-game is to the actual game. I'd guess not very.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Korashk »

Prox wrote:Meta is like how your playstyle was like in past games.
That's what I thought. Then I don't really have a meta.
The Scum are the minority that the Townies [the majority] wish to eliminate. A scumbuddy is a ally of a player who is Scum and is almost always also Scum.
I assume that this refers to players that play stupidly, not mafia members. We have a few of those at debate.org/
When you say overanalyze, do you mean that you often think too hard about people and WIFOM [see the Mafiascum wiki to look up terms you don't know]?
I did WIFOM when I first started to play, since then I've toned it down. Occam's Razor and all that jazz.
I've been meaning to join debate.org for a while. I didn't know they played mafia there.
Ya, it's actually almost my turn to mod another small game. I actually prefer modding to playing. There are a lot of members, but only about 50 actives. it's a fairly tight-knit online community.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Korashk »

What's the point of a pre-game? Everyone has their roles and these day phases last forever. It's not like those that haven't confirmed won't be able to get a word in edgewise.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Korashk »

Raccoons scream when you try and catch them. It sounds hilarious.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Korashk »

Prox wrote:
Korashk wrote:Raccoons scream when you try and catch them. It sounds hilarious.
O.O

Metaphor or random fact?
Fact. I just caught three raccoons on my front porch. Two of them got caught in the cages, but I had to chase the third one down. He was unhappy; very unhappy.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Korashk »

Katsuki wrote:/confirm

pre-game, and already starting with the blocks of text?
There really aren't any blocks of text....you all should also know that if there begins to be too many blocks of text in a row I will probably start to tl;dr them. I play this game for fun.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Korashk »

I'm going to:

Vote: zwets

Unsolicited claims are usually anti-town. Especially cop. I don't exactly know what "half a cop" is but his actions are odd.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Korashk »

Unvote

Why didn't you just say that? I still don't entirely believe you but the claim can be confirmed.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Korashk »

zwetschenwasser wrote:oh, and
Unvote; Vote: Korashk
Why?

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Korashk »

Korashk wrote:Raccoons scream when you try and catch them. It sounds hilarious.
Haha, since replacing the traps we've caught two more raccoons, three cats (ours went after the cat food bait twice, and a stray), and a possum.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Korashk »

don_johnson wrote:Claiming early was stupid. Announcing targets is more so. Roleclaims, however, are never really antitown. That's just crazy talk.
Unsolicited claims are pointless without justification, especially semi-power roles, all it does is give the Mafia more information. This is a bad thing.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Korashk »

Prox wrote:That's silly. It makes sense for the other half-cop to claim now that zwet has. I'm being accused of rolefishing on this, but no one has told me why this opinion is wrong.
The doctor can't protect two people, assuming there are any protective roles in this game at all.
If my vote for someone has a weak reason, shouldn't I change it anyways? And how is it scummy to do so anyway? Isn't voting at a whim the
same
as voting for little reason?
Voting for weak reasons is not all that helpful to anyone.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Korashk »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I would like my partner to reveal him/herself if I am lynched/NKed and if and only if they got a guilty result on my investigation of
Prox
I'd like to amend this:
If you only get one report and can not yourself investigate you should reveal in the event of zwet's death. No matter what the investigation yields.
Also, Prox does seem overeager to vote on small reasons, and all of you are much too quick to stop suspecting me.
He is changing his vote a lot, which is odd. Though it doesn't necessarily suggest much. I also hope that nobody has stopped suspecting you. We should be suspecting everyone that isn't confirmed or ourselves.
If you bother to research my meta you'll notice that I fakeclaim a lot, with equal probability as scum as town.
Let me get this straight. You will fakeclaim as a townie?

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Korashk »

Hrezs wrote:
Korashk wrote: Unsolicited claims are pointless without justification, especially semi-power roles, all it does is give the Mafia more information. This is a bad thing.
Oh, So him giving information to scum makes him scum? Doesn't explain your "lynch the power" reaction.
Where I usually play most of the voting is not done with the intention of lynching. It is done to get those that act suspiciously to explain themselves. I call it pressure voting.

I voted, he explained, the explanation was satisfactory for now.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Korashk »

So teamwork. We should have some.

In past games I've played the town has chosen one person (either by VI status, newbs, or RNG), gets that person about 3/4 to a lynch and waits for them to defend themselves. How would you all like to do this?

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Korashk »

Katsuki wrote:Well, currently, that would be either you or prox now wouldn't it.
You're going to need to elaborate on this statement. It doesn't make much sense by itself.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Korashk »

Katsuki wrote:We do however, have 2 scum suspects in prox and korashk though. Korashk dodging/fluffing, and prox withdrawing into a shell.
I'll be honest, my posts are not going to have much content-wise until DP2. I'm not a text analyzer, I'm good at analyzing interactions between players. Specifically their interactions with dead players.

Currently I don't think that Prox is mafia, and if he is then he's bad at it.

I only don't think that zwet is mafia because of his claim.

I kinda think that you're scummy, but that could be a biased reaction to your attacking me.

I'm currently neutral on Bunny and all the other players.

P.S. Happy Birthday.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Korashk »

Sorry for the inactivity, I had a two-day long party at my house.

Vote: shotty

That kind of play is ridiculous.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Korashk »

I don't think that lynching Prox would be a good idea. He has a role and he used it before the game started. I think this because I highly doubt that he would have been able to figure out that people would be able to use roles before the game started on his own unless he had a role to use.

I don't know what this role is or even if it's a townie role, but like I've said in earlier posts:

I don't think that Prox is mafia.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Korashk »

Hrezs wrote:Korashk, what? Prox claimed townie
I don't know about you, but I'm not in the business of just believing people.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Korashk »

Honestly, we can do this the "efficient" way. We believe shotty for now and if Prox's role is one that would normally being back results we just lynch or otherwise kill shotty.

The above is just an option, I HIGHLY doubt that shotty is legit.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Korashk »

Mysterio wrote:@Korashk I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying we should pressure Prox for a role instead of lynching Shotty?
No, I think we should lynch shotty. I was proposing a situation that would allow us to have no chance of lynching the other "half-cop." It's also probably what we'd do on the site I normally play on.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Korashk »

Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:I found a neighbors connection. It is weak, but I will use it until I get my new modem.
You might want to be careful.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Korashk »

Zajnet wrote:shotty: why do you keep calling yourself a "half cop?"
He's parroting what zwet called himself when he claimed. Apparently there aren't any normal cops in this game but instead thee is a person who investigates and a person who receives the investigation report. shotty is claiming the report receiving half of the group.

He claims that since there has been no counterclaim on his role that we should not vote him off despite the fact that his play is ridiculous and since we have no intentions of NOT lynching him. In this situation it doesn't make sense that the real other half should claim because that would just out another PR unnecessarily.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Korashk »

I'm not so sure that Prox is mafia. He voted shotty on the first post after the phase started.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Korashk »

So sorry for not posting in a while. The really short DP2 kind of threw me off and I've been busy. From a cursory overlook of what I've seen I'm going to

Vote: LynchMePls

I'll post a more in-depth analysis tonight.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Korashk »

Unvote

I kinda thought that there would be more than one "team" of cops, especially since there is twice the chance that one of them gets hit randomly by the mafia.

You all want my claim and I'm down with the massclaim, so I'm a:
Vanilla Townie

Which I realize is unfortunate for me since I'm currently the scummiest according to many of you.

I reread the thread to try and get reads on people and LMP was definitely up there.

I'd like pacman to explain the ninja comment from the beginning of the game.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Korashk »

Seems like you want a hammer, so here it is:

Vote: pacman

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Korashk »

Vote Zajnet

I'm sorry for not posting that much, I honestly don't enjoy playing games on this site.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Korashk »

I don't really have any defense other than if you lynch me then the town loses. You can believe me or not.

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Korashk »

If the mafia hasn't already voted he'd have hammered by now...so...

Vote doombunny

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Korashk »

Mysterio wrote:In post #23, Korashk posted a long list of games he's played on another forum. That's more games than I've played, but he still plays the noob card by not knowing what "scum" means in his reply to Prox.
I call them "mafia" where I play. Scum are the people that act like idiots and look like mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”