Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 am

Post by bv310 »

In that game, Book was able to "Pray" for one person a night, and a random JOAT role would target that person. I think in the nights he was alive, he was a redirect, a lightning rod, and a doc. It was a really interesting role.

Also, I'm quite surprised at how quickly the Brandi wagon has formed. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark. (Denmark being this game)

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

Brandi (1) - Charter
bv310 (0) -
charter (0) -
FakeGod (2) - bv310, Brandi
Fishythefish (0) -
MaxMouse (0) -

6 alive, 4 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 am

Post by FakeGod »

Brandi wrote: In fact unless you are absolutely certain about someone being scum, I don't think you should shoot anyone.
umm If I'm absolutely certain about someone being scum, I'll definitely shoot them. Cuz they're scum.

anyone have any idea to test for doc's legitimacy somehow?

On the other hand, we could completely random lynch/shoot over and over. (I think we have enough people to do this)

We have 6 people left. We lynch today, then I shoot. Then if mafia is still alive, they shoot.

If we haven't won by then, we have 3 people remaining (with me included if Brandi is REAL doctor).

We lynch again, and if we STILL haven't won yet, me and maf shoot each other for a tie.

I think the worst town could do is a tie. (this is ONLY IF the last remaining mafia (there's one left, right?) miraculously survives the hailstorm of bullets and lynches)

Any thoughts?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Brandi »

What we all really need to do is look for connections between Pie/Dram + someone else.

One of these people are Mafia:

charter
Fishythefish
MaxMouse

This person MIGHT be an SK:
FakeGod

Based on BV's rolls, FG got SNAKE EYES, and MaxMouse got a 4, I think?

It doesn't tell us TOO much but it's something.

But if it is an alignment indication, then:

~~~

One of these people are Mafia:

charter
Fishythefish

This person IS an SK:
FakeGod

Pretty sure Charter is WAY more likely scum than Fishy.

PREVIEW EDIT:

umm If I'm absolutely certain about someone being scum, I'll definitely shoot them. Cuz they're scum.
Read what I said again:

In fact
unless
you are absolutely certain about someone being scum, I don't think you should shoot anyone.

keyword: UNLESS.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So. I think Brandi is most likely scum, and I won't countenance any strategy that involves her winning the game if that's the case.

That being said, she's the wrong lynch today. It is much better to leave her alive, insisting that she protect FG, who is clearly a vig - he simply wouldn't claim vig as SK there. That way FG stays alive, whatever Brandi's alignment, to keep on killing people.

FG should be shooting every night. There's no reason not to.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Brandi »

Holy crap Fishy that is a brilliant.

Ok, I'll protect FG at night, that way mafia CANT kill him. Then they can only kill me or BV. (If we don't lynch scum today)

I think Charter is the best candidate for mafia.

unvote, VOTE: Charter

If Charter isn't mafia, it is fishy, or Maxmouse. (despite the rolls, I'd go with Max over Fishy- so FG, if you have to kill again tomorrow night, pick between these two, use your best judgment, I'd choose Max, but it's up to you.)

There are 6 alive today,

Tomorrow there will be 3 if scum is not lynched today.
If scum is not killed at NIGHT and is not lynched today, then it will be a 3 way.

1) scum (one of: BV, Fishy, MM)
1) town (one of: Me, BV, Fishy, MM)
1) *possible SK* (FG- since he will be protected)
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Brandi »

Also would like some opinions from MaxMouse~
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Brandi »

Oh FG thought of it first. Ok then, I guess credit should go to him. This makes me less positive of FG being an SK.
Hrm.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by charter »

charter wrote:No one else should claim at all unless you have a good reason to, as in, information that the person we're going to lynch is town or you know who the scum is.
Actually, upon reflection, I think a massclaim is in order today, at least massnameclaim, since a mislynch and no vig, would probably leave us with 4 alive tomorrow, and mislynch and misvig would leave us with 3, so better to massclaim before LYLO and lock the scum down in their claim.
Fishy wrote:I believe FG - claiming vig as SK is a sure road to a loss. FG wasn't under any particular pressure late yesterday, and I just can't see that claim coming from scum.
Yeah, as soon as you claim a killing role when you're a SK, your chance to win immediately drops to 0%. If FakeGod is a SK, his chances are still very low, BUT, him being a SK makes zero sense from a balance standpoint in this game. That would be FIVE antitown roles (lyncher, SK, 3 mafia), which quite frankly seems impossible.

I'll go ahead and start a massclaim. I'm Yugi. I'm not claiming my role yet, I will after everyone at least nameclaims, but I want to see who claims a certain role, first.

Brandi is still really obvious scum flailing around now that she's about to lose the game. She's given zero reason for why I'm mafia, and I doubt she ever will. I understand what Fishy is saying about not lynching her to ensure FakeGod lives, but no one else is within miles of her scummatude. I want to see what MaxMouse and Fishy claim before rereading to see if someone else might be scum.

Brandi is also clearly barking up the wrong tree with me being scum, which I'm sure when I claim my role will resolve any doubt that I'm town.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Brandi »

Charter, you are scummy because of your tunneling of me. If you are not scum, then it is either Fishy or MaxMouse, simple as that.

Also, if I was lynched, town would lose, so obviously I'd be flailing. TOWN can flail too you know.

I never said I was certain of you being scum either. Your "99% certainty" makes you seem even more scummy, as no one can be that certain of anything. I wouldn't call myself obvtown but this whole situation is a blatant set up, if you are town as you say you are, then you are falling right into scums hands by feeling so strongly that I am scum.

I think its possible for ANY of you to be scum, even BV, though he seems to be the least likely candidate out of all of you.

If you really are Yugi, and claim to have some sort of amazing role, it makes me feel town is powerful enough for FG to be a possible SK.

I can't really see what kind of scum role would be fit for Yugi... but outguessing the mod is always bad.

At this point you are right though, massclaim is probably a good idea. Since it's important that we lynch correctly today.

I know it's not necessary, but to reiterate, I am Téa (first name ONLY), I give a speech about friendship to one person throughout the night. I guess Yugi didn't wanna care about my friendship speech to him last night ;( </3
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, so your reason is OMGUS. That's what I figured.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Brandi »

God you never read my posts do you? :B It's also "process of elimination"

Tunneling is scummy, if you were tunneling ANOTHER player I'd still think the same. I didn't think you were scum before, just misguided, and I'm still not sure of it. Lol. Just, out of Fishy and Maxmouse you seem the most likely to be scum.

So, if you were 100% I was town, who would you think is most likely scum?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by charter »

I read your post. You haven't gotten down to just me by process of elimination, I don't see you ruling out MaxMouse or Fishy. Tunneling is not scummy. How is lasering in on one player instead of being open to multiple lynches more beneficial to scum than town?

Just to humor you, if you were town (which I'd only believe after seeing the mod post it), I'd say the last scum is between whichever of Fishy or Maxmouse doesn't claim the role I know is out there and Bv (since I still have no clue what BV's role does or why he claimed).

Speaking of which, I think Maxmouse should claim first, then Fishy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well I am town, and I am sorry my play is so bad to make you think I'm scum. :b But ok. I really just can't fathom Yugi being scum.
unvote

I rule out Maxmouse only because of my strong feelings that BV is town. Because of him rolling a 4 on him, that doesn't seem to mean anything good or bad.
Fishy because of how pro-town he is, he comes up with good logical arguments and seems to have a strong town motivation.
BV I beleive is town because I don't see Duke Devlin being scum either, more likely than Yugi though, I guess.

However, it IS quite possible that BV is scum and made up the "snake eyes" thing just to try and get us to lynch FG who claimed vig before BV posted. It's a bit out there... but eh.

I'm pretty bad at figuring out who scum is, the only person I was remotely right about was PIE, and that was based on meta. And I even started to beleive he was town right before he was lynched. I was completely wrong about Plum but now looking back- it makes sense because she was the cop.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by charter »

So I just reread Bv looking for when and how he claimed. Clearly I had not read any of his posts this entire game, because he is incredibly scummy. I'll elaborate more when I get time.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I support the mass claim.

But I already full claimed, so I got nothing to reveal. :P

I also think Mr. Duke Devlin should full claim after everyone name claimed.

Calling all touhou fans!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by bv310 »

I am Duke Devlin, Town Dungeon Dice Master.

In addition to bringing sexy back, I am also accutely attuned to my dice. Each night, I can choose to roll the dice to determine one player's fate.

This is paraphrased, of course, but that's the gist of it.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by FakeGod »

bv310 wrote:I am Duke Devlin, Town Dungeon Dice Master.

In addition to bringing sexy back, I am also accutely attuned to my dice. Each night, I can choose to
roll the dice to determine one player's fate.

This is paraphrased, of course, but that's the gist of it.
Determine someone's fate? That sounds both powerful and ambiguous at the same time. :)

Maybe even numbers = town, odd numbers = scum?

If Fishy and MaxMouse claimed, that would be nice.

Calling all touhou fans!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't know why there is this assumption that the dice are alignment correlated.

Unless anyone objects, I'll claim when MM has claimed (largely because that's what charter wants, and he hints at info relevant to the process).
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@charter: my argument boils down to:
- If Brandi is scum, we can afford to let her live.
- If Brandi is town, we can't afford to lynch her.
So as long as there is some chance of townBrandi, she's a poor lynch today.
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:42 am

Post by MaxMouse »

Update: Sorry I haven't been around but I had to rig up an old laptop in order to use MS. My comp's motherboard is completely fried, I'm sending it to Virgina for repair :(

It boils down to this: Charter is likely looking for Solomon Muto or Bakura.
I am not Solomon Muto or Bakura.

I would guess that Fishy IS Solomon Muto or Bakura... at least off the top of my head.

I am Ishizu Ishtar, VT

I would say right now you may want to take a look at the claimed and reveled roles:

Mafia (2): Godfather, Goon - Revealed
Town Cop - Revealed
Lyncher (Targeting Scum) - Revealed
Town Double Voter -Revealed
Townie (2) - One Revealed, One Claimed
Town (Rolecop?) Dice -Claimed
Town Vig - Claimed
Town Doctor - Claimed
Town (?) with Role Information - Claimed
Town (?) - Not Claimed

Best Guess? We have a lie in the PR claims or RBT made this game extremely non-challenging for town. I'm going to assume theres a scum PR in here somewhere, as I don't see a Vanilla Scum role occurring especially due to the fact that there was a lyncher with a scum target.

Also, to answer the whole name thing, I'm assuming it has to do with the way their names are said in the series... hence BV claiming "Duke Devlin" and Jarti being "Mokuba".
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm Mako, VT. There's a bit of flavour about my slightly odd infatuation with the sea.

Right now, I'm up for lynching charter or MM, and I don't much mind which. I believe FG, and I tend to think bv is telling the truth about his role. Brandi is still the most likely scum, but is a poor lynch because of the importance of FG's continued survival.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:58 am

Post by FakeGod »

I'm up for letting Brandi live, on the condition that if I die overnight, town lynch her first thing tomorrow.

I also suggest Charter finish his claim first before we take any actions.

Calling all touhou fans!
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 am

Post by MaxMouse »

Fishythefish wrote:I'm Mako, VT. There's a bit of flavour about my slightly odd infatuation with the sea.

Right now, I'm up for lynching charter or MM, and I don't much mind which. I believe FG, and I tend to think bv is telling the truth about his role. Brandi is still the most likely scum, but is a poor lynch because of the importance of FG's continued survival.
Why don't you just have FG shoot Brandi and Brandi protect FG? Wouldn't FG stay protected?
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:06 am

Post by MaxMouse »

EBWOP: This is assuming the mod uses N.A.R or something similar.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Indeed, charter should claim.

I'd prefer not to have FG shoot Brandi tonight. Because if that happens and scum don't shoot, or crosskill Brandi, things get rather complicated, and not in a good way. Anyhow, I don't see any need to know FG's target for tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”