The Master Hand
Goon
The Master Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by The Master Hand »

Done deal kirbyoshi.
The Master Hand is back for some secret hydralisk action.
Zaziesurio
Zaziesurio
Townie
Zaziesurio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Zaziesurio »

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but aren't some Hiders made so that they also die if the person they are hiding behind is targeted? And of course the person with the smash ball would be immune to the kill, but a hider could possibly still be affected and die, even if the smash ball holder was town. I debated even bringing this up, but I think being aware that the hider strategy is not foolproof (and possibly avoiding an auto-mislynch at a later time period) is more important than alerting scum to a possible tactic that, if there is no hider or if the hider is immune to... second-degree kills, shall we say, is just them wasting a bullet. Also, with so many people co-modding, I kind of doubt at least one of them wouldn't have already thought of this as a counter to a potentially semi-breaking strategy.

@MOD:
If a person with a night ability is granted the smash ball powers, will they be able to use their normal action in addition to the smash ball action, or do they forfeit their regular action?

I'm not entirely certain how relevant the answer to that question might become, especially in late game, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right?
ZazieR + esuriospiritus hydra.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by manho »

will read tanstalas and MPR soon.
The Master Hand
The Master Hand
Goon
The Master Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by The Master Hand »

@MOD: If a person with a night ability is granted the smash ball powers, will they be able to use their normal action in addition to the smash ball action, or do they forfeit their regular action?
They will be able to use the Smash Ball in addition to any other night actions.
The Master Hand is back for some secret hydralisk action.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by manho »

@mod, you've missed my diddin vote.

Will be corrected in the next votecount.
Last edited by The Master Hand on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
frayed
frayed
Townie
frayed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:27 am

Post by frayed »

Holy shit that hider strategy is great. Just because we've a number of co-mods doesn't mean they'll have spotted it either.

Furry's the most obv town player in the game too. Why doesn't he have the smashball (unless he's said he doesn't want it I guess)
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but aren't some Hiders made so that they also die if the person they are hiding behind is targeted?
Never EVER seen this. If the person they hide behind dies then yes. But not if they're targeted.

Moar diddin lynch.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Switz »

frayed wrote:
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but aren't some Hiders made so that they also die if the person they are hiding behind is targeted?
Never EVER seen this. If the person they hide behind dies then yes. But not if they're targeted.
Not to mention the fact that even if they do die if their target gets targeted, if it happens early enough, we'll just lynch the previous Smash Ball holder, realize they're town, and still have enough people to not be horribly ruined by it.

And I'm siding with the SB-vig faction. If the one person with the Smash Ball picks their kill independently, then scum only gets a say if we pick someone who is scum. If we make it a second lynch, all of the scumteam gets to weigh in on the lynch.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
MPR wrote: Why are you guys voting Fate for town? That's a bad idea. Not that I necessarily should be, but someone else would be a good idea.
Erm, Fate is town. Give me one piece of evidence to the contrary.
No, you give me evidence that he's town. This isn't "confirmed town until proven guilty."

I highly doubt that there's a bus driver.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:30 am

Post by manho »

if anyone is a rider, you should claim now.

tanstalas is not scum. the bus driver things is a null tell, town tell if there is indeed a bus driver. his vibe is good, though i don't agree with the "second lynch" thing.

i still don't know why MPR is scum, but he is a good policy lynch target.

however, diddin is still the lynch.
whoami10
whoami10
Townie
whoami10
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 am

Post by whoami10 »

Let's lynch diddin then.
unvote
Vote diddin
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 am

Post by manho »

another reason for not having a second lynch, though is samll, is that, a scum with a 1-shot power (if any) will be notified of his death, and will definitely use the 1-shot, but the scum may waste that 1-shot if not notified of the death.
Zaziesurio
Zaziesurio
Townie
Zaziesurio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Zaziesurio »

frayed wrote:
I happen to have originally hailed from a site with some crazy-ass ideas about roles and I'm pretty sure I saw a hider like that once, and don't think I've seen a hider at all since relocating here however long ago. (But this is the same site where someone thought an insane one-shot vig secretly directed by scum was a good idea, so maybe I should have realized that hiders like that wouldn't be typical at more... logical and balanced places. e_e)
ZazieR + esuriospiritus hydra.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Fate »

At this point in time enough pages have gone by without content from Mongoose that he is better Smashball material than lynch material. Diddn's post have not come off as geniune. His reluctance to comment on any town wagon, or real wagon, and focus on primarily defending his selftown-vote actions retroactively make me believe this wagon will hit home.

Unvote:
Lynch Vote: diddin

@Furry: I am quite sane this game, actually.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 am

Post by manho »

Fate wrote:At this point in time enough pages have gone by without content from Mongoose that he is better Smashball material than lynch material.
how did you distinguish a Smashball material from a lynch material?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Fate »

The difference between a vig and a lynch.

A lynch requires a majority of the game to all agree on that person being scummy. This person is run-up, he makes defenses, accusations, connections, etc. It is much better to be done on an active player than a silent lurker.

Though the bad thing is that scum usually tend to lurk for this reason. Its hard to build a wagon off a sole reason like: He's lurking, because not a lot of discussion can be generated off that.

Hence, Smash ball. It takes one person to decide, and they're dead, no discussion necessary but you hit probably scum. Clearer now?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am

Post by manho »

Fate wrote:The difference between a vig and a lynch.

A lynch requires a majority of the game to all agree on that person being scummy. This person is run-up, he makes defenses, accusations, connections, etc. It is much better to be done on an active player than a silent lurker.

Though the bad thing is that scum usually tend to lurk for this reason. Its hard to build a wagon off a sole reason like: He's lurking, because not a lot of discussion can be generated off that.

Hence, Smash ball. It takes one person to decide, and they're dead, no discussion necessary but you hit probably scum. Clearer now?
oh i got it. i'm still thinking about the "smash ball = second lynch" theory, so didn't realise you mean "smash ball = vig". i support "smash ball = vig" though.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Fate »

I'm against the secondary lynch for reasons others have stated.

Also:
1. The town is compromised of scum, whereas if you "King" town (me) you are guaranteed unbiased decision making.
2. Trying to discuss two lynches at once is very difficult and not optimal because the game is designed that you can only make one at a time for a reason: To be able to search for connections only after the first flip, which can't be done as it will be night.
3. I'm Fate and I like killing scum with my own hands.
frayed
frayed
Townie
frayed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:01 am

Post by frayed »

I'd already thought of the second lynch option, but I don't think it's the right way to go at all. At least not at the moment anyway. We're picking people we think are town, they can be trusted enough to be given a vig so surely they can be trusted enough to pick okay. I mean if they vig obv town they'll be scrutinised anyway.

Let's do this. Day's been a nice length.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:08 am

Post by manho »

yes, if the town is so bad at scumhunting that they give the smash ball to scum, then i don't think we should believe the town's scumhunting skill to lynch a second one.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:23 am

Post by diddin »

Honestly right now the wagon on me is terrible, half the people on it haven't even contributed original reasoning and just sheeped. People like VEZOKENER are likely scum who are trying to blend in by voting the leading wagon.
manho wrote:
diddin wrote:I self-townvoted as a gambit to end RVS early and generate discussion.

It's not harming anybody now and I'm too lazy to un-townvote so I'll keep it where it is.
it is really scummy. i don't believe in any RVS-ending gambit. and after re-reading the original post, i really don't think it was an intentional gambit, so diddin is lying and should be lynched.
Pure WIFOM and what about it makes you think i'm lying?

Kocc42 wrote:@Diddin: I had to read through a lot of pages and reading quickly, I didn't see what was different between the 2 plays, after it was explained however I understood. Fate has a high expectation to meet and asked for the immunity and kill. You proposed a pointless strategy of everyone only self voting and now you claim it was just to make things take a serious turn. But if you hadn't been called out for it would you have continued, under the guise that you're just a cautious townie?
Also pointless WIFOM and never even explains why it's scummy. He sounds like I planned on having everyone self-townvote forever, which I wasn't.
Zaziesurio wrote:
Y'know, I just read diddin's iso, and I don't buy it.

unlynch vote: Mongoose
lynch vote: diddin

Still don't like Mongoose, though.
Wagonvote with no reasoning given.
xVEZOKENERx wrote:Let's lynch diddin then.
unvote
Vote diddin
Bandwagon vote for no reason.

So my wagon is pretty much screaming scumdriven right now over WFOM and RVS gambits.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Fate »

That's fine and good (although pretty weak in my opinion).

Now why don't you comment on the rest of your wagon?

Also you're not voting as of the latest vote count, why not take charge if you feel you are being voted by scum?
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 am

Post by manho »

diddin wrote:
manho wrote:
diddin wrote:I self-townvoted as a gambit to end RVS early and generate discussion.

It's not harming anybody now and I'm too lazy to un-townvote so I'll keep it where it is.
it is really scummy. i don't believe in any RVS-ending gambit. and after re-reading the original post, i really don't think it was an intentional gambit, so diddin is lying and should be lynched.
Pure WIFOM and what about it makes you think i'm lying?
you are serious when you asked us all to self-townvote, and i actually buy that argument. so you are fine if you are not saying it as a gambit. the gambit thing is an excuse.
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Pikachu »

[FRIEND]

I like a diddin lynch, especially after that reaction post up there ^^

It feels scummy. Calling the wagoneers terrible instead of providing actual defenses for the actual cases presented on you is extremely scummy. You didn't even mention Fate's vote:
Fate wrote:At this point in time enough pages have gone by without content from Mongoose that he is better Smashball material than lynch material. Diddn's post have not come off as geniune. His reluctance to comment on any town wagon, or real wagon, and focus on primarily defending his selftown-vote actions retroactively make me believe this wagon will hit home.

Unvote:
Lynch Vote: diddin

@Furry: I am quite sane this game, actually.
unvote, lynch vote: diddin
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Pikachu »

[FRIEND]

PEdit'd by Fate. ARGH
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Fate »

I posted 5mins ago buddy.

Why didn't you put Preview edit in your original post when you saw both mine and manho's?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”