Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Brandi »

Fishythefish wrote:I'm Mako, VT. There's a bit of flavour about my slightly odd infatuation with the sea.

Wow I love this game. That fits you perfectly Fishy. :P

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

Brandi (1) - Charter
bv310 (0) -
charter (0) -
FakeGod (1) - bv310
Fishythefish (0) -
MaxMouse (0) -

6 alive, 4 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am

Post by FakeGod »

Fishythefish wrote:I don't see any need to know FG's target for tonight.
Exactly.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 am

Post by FakeGod »

MaxMouse wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:I'm Mako, VT. There's a bit of flavour about my slightly odd infatuation with the sea.

Right now, I'm up for lynching charter or MM, and I don't much mind which. I believe FG, and I tend to think bv is telling the truth about his role. Brandi is still the most likely scum, but is a poor lynch because of the importance of FG's continued survival.
Why don't you just have FG shoot Brandi and Brandi protect FG? Wouldn't FG stay protected?
Max, legitimacy of Brandi's doc claim is under question right now. (have you read this game lately?)

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 am

Post by FakeGod »

Charter, full claim please.

Calling all touhou fans!
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 am

Post by MaxMouse »

FakeGod wrote:
MaxMouse wrote:

Right now, I'm up for lynching charter or MM, and I don't much mind which. I believe FG, and I tend to think bv is telling the truth about his role. Brandi is still the most likely scum, but is a poor lynch because of the importance of FG's continued survival.
Why don't you just have FG shoot Brandi and Brandi protect FG? Wouldn't FG stay protected?
Max, legitimacy of Brandi's doc claim is under question right now. (have you read this game lately?)
Are we assuming multiple scum remain?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:39 am

Post by FakeGod »

No, I assuming that there is 1 scum left. Why?

Calling all touhou fans!
MaxMouse
MaxMouse
Townie
MaxMouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:45 am

Post by MaxMouse »

FakeGod wrote:No, I assuming that there is 1 scum left. Why?
Then you missed the point of what I was saying:
If you shoot Brandi a couple things can happen:

Most Likely Scenarios:
1) Brandi is scum, Brandi tries to kill FG, FG tries to kill Brandi. Cross Kill, Game over, Town wins.
2) Brandi is inno, Brandi protects FG, FG tries to shoot Brandi. FG is safe for the night, Brandi dies.

Either way FG's survival is assured and Brandi's flip happens tomorrow.

Isn't this what you're trying to do?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:57 am

Post by charter »

I'm Yugi, I'm a commuter, but my Pm says I don't know which nights I control it. I'm not saying which nights I tried to commute on, since I don't think scum know, and telling them if they can kill me tonight seems like a dumb idea.

Does anyone have any idea who would control it? My Pm says it's an ancient spirit. I'm thinking it might be our last scum who can control it.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 am

Post by FakeGod »

Wait, someone else controls your commute?

Ancient spirit could be Yami or Bakura...

Calling all touhou fans!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@charter: I'm confused. Are you saying that you can attempt to commute sometimes (every other night is standard I think?) but that even when you choose to do so, you might not, depending on something that you don't know about?

The only plausible thing that anyone has claimed that could affect you is the dice rolling. Otherwise it's scum.

Does you commuting stop people killing you, or does it stop them targetting you in any way?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 am

Post by charter »

Commuting stops all night actions from targeting me, from the times I've been commuter before, I don't see why it would be any different here.

It says I don't know which nights I control it and which nights I don't, I think I can control it some nights.
Oh wait, I just reread some clarifications I got from the mod pregame, and I automatically commute every other night, but I don't know which nights I do. It also makes me believe there's another commuter out there as well. I commute one night, them the next, and so on, is what I reckon.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by FakeGod »

It would makes sense for Yugi and Yami to flip back and forth I suppose.

Also, this is semi-confirmable claim since I can just shoot him...

Calling all touhou fans!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Ah, ok. Well, that makes charter a poor nightkill. Still, I think I'm going back to my very first read in the whole game. MM did nothing on day 1 - and when he did have a significant scumread, he didn't do much about it. His part in the dramonic wagon fits extremely badly in that picture, and I think that points to a bus.

Reading MM's iso, I notice a couple of fairly good points on charter - namely the reversal of his reads on MM's part in dram's wagon and on FG, just after my entry to the game. He had thought MM looked town for attacking charter; he then agreed with my bussing theory. He had thought FG was making it "extremely difficult to believe he's town with the way he's acting"; this changes to charter thinking he's town. I don't have time to look right now, but I don't recall where these changes came from; I'll look later today to see if there are explanations in charter's posts.

That post (his iso 33) is a reasonably good analysis of FG and charter. The former seems a little forced at times, like perhaps he is trying to get a scumread on FG; but it could be forced just because he's trying to get
any
read on FG.

So. I was kind of hoping to find lots of scumminess in MM's day 2 play to add to my case, but there isn't much there. I still think he looks pretty bad for D1 things, but I need to check out bv and charter in more depth before laying down a vote.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Brandi »

I don't know what to think really. I think it's kind of odd that Ishizu Ishtar (Marik's sister and holder of the millennium eye) would be just a vanilla townie. I mean yeah, Serenity is a VT but shes also apparently a sibling as well. If this game has only one complete Vanilla Townie that just seems.... odd. I feel like MM is not telling us something.

@MM:
What is your flavor? Even a plain VT should have flavor.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Brandi »

oh right, FISHY is also a VT, so that would make 3 "VTs" this game with one VT being a sibling. Even still, FISHY HAD FLAVOR. So I want to hear MM's flavor.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Brandi »

Let's see here..

Brandi - Tea
(Doc)
bv310 - Duke Devlin
(Dice roller?)
charter - Yugi
(Commuter?)
FakeGod - Joey
(VT/Sibling turned Vig?)
Fishythefish - Mako Tsunami (VT?)
MaxMouse - Ishizu (VT?)

DEAD:
InflatablePie - Seto Kaiba
(Mafia GF)
dramonic - Marik
(Mafia Goon)
Chronopie - Serenity (VT{+/Sibling?})
AlmasterGM - Tristan
(Double Voter)
Plum- Yami
(Cop)
Jarti - Mokuba
(Lyncher)

Bolded for main Characters. Duke counts as a main character because he's in most of the later abridged episodes. It's obvious this game is not based off of the first season. Otherwise there might be Pegasus or bandit keith, or rex and weevel, or even Mai Valentine. The only charcaters who are NOT consistently shown within recent episodes are Mako, Ishizu, and Serenity. (already confirmed and dead)

There is a very main character that is missing from here as well... Bakura. So I really think that someone is lying. Something just doesn't fit.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by charter »

Fishythefish wrote:Reading MM's iso, I notice a couple of fairly good points on charter - namely the reversal of his reads on MM's part in dram's wagon and on FG, just after my entry to the game. He had thought MM looked town for attacking charter; he then agreed with my bussing theory. He had thought FG was making it "extremely difficult to believe he's town with the way he's acting"; this changes to charter thinking he's town. I don't have time to look right now, but I don't recall where these changes came from; I'll look later today to see if there are explanations in charter's posts.
No. First off, his post was scummy. Second, I responded to his points against me, including these ones you list here, and no one said anything about my rebuttal, so I assume that means the answers were satisfactory and alleviated concerns people had about me. If you think his points are valid, why does it take you ten pages to say so?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I can't remember reading that post at the time; if I did it didn't stick.

That was mostly intended as a note to myself to check up on how the discussion went after that.

I didn't find that post scummy. I imagine you said why you found it so at the time; again I'll reread that later.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 am

Post by charter »

Lol, whoops. I'm rereading bits and pieces of the game, and I just noticed that Pom was Yami, and that makes the most sense for someone who would be sharing my role. I could have sworn I checked the first post for dead names to see if Yami was there, but I must have missed it.

Anyway, I've noticed some extremely scummy things concerning MaxMouse (what I'd consider video evidence of him being mafia gunning someone down in a dark ally, except there's video cameras all over the alley and it's a bright summer day). About to highlight these as well as what I thought was scummy about Maxmouse, and which I'd prefer to lynch and why.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 am

Post by charter »

Alright, here's my take on Bv. The epitome of lurker/active lurker. He RVS votes Princess, then changes it to Kitoari once the wagon on BelovedPrincess falls apart and one springs up on Kitoari. He's said virtually nothing in between. Then, another seven posts of nothing, until he unvotes Kitoari to revote Kitoari, WHILE SAYING "I have to admit that, while the Dramonic wagon has some really good points, none of it is particularly scummy. I've played with Dram before, and this is the same way he usually plays." He defends dramonic. That's Exhibit A.

Then he proclaims with certainty that we only have one scum left (after dramonic is lynched) and he proceeds to vote Alamaster saying that Dramonic was distancing from Alamaster. He provides no evidence of this nor provides any reasons to suspect that Alamaster was doing anything other than scumhunting. However, he's gone straight to 'bussing' which is a crap reason to vote someone over right out of the gate day two. He says absolutely nothing more about Alamaster after this vote. That's Exhibit B.

About another 7 posts of useless dice rolling, then he says "Alrighty then. I'll reread the thread tomorrow and get my thoughts up, hopefully. Gut is telling me that Kit is still the right play, but I'd like to back that up with a real case." of which it looks like he's totally dropped Alamaster from his suspicions (this post occurs shortly after Alamaster claims double voter) but there's no unvote or anything.

Then we get to the debate about FakeGod's claim of which I suspected that scum were busy posting about this since it's something they can easily post about, they can easily make doubtful posts like 'that role is made up', and generally other fake scumhunting (though at the time I internally suspected Pom). He starts going on about how confirmed townies (masons) are unlikely to exist, which is total crap, since masons are in lots of games. Exhibit C.

MASSIVE RED FLAG ALERT

In response to Pie's claim, "My PM calls me Duke Devlin, not just Duke.

Also, seeing as we've already had one set of siblings in this game, I don't think a second one all that unlikely."

Looking back on this, this is the atom bomb of scumminess for this game. He has now FLIP FLOPPED ON ONE HIS MAJOR REASONS FOR SUSPECTING FAKEGOD'S CLAIM ONCE PIE'S CLAIM HAS COME IN TO QUESTION. He is supporting Pie's claim since it's likely that there are multiple sibling type roles in the game, but he CONTINUES to go after FakeGod. This hypocrisy is scummy, but when you take into account he did it specifically to defend Pie (of whom he had never mentioned in the entire game) who was scum who had just introduced a dubious claim, I can't see any way to dismiss it. I personally couldn't dismiss how I can count the number of "content" posts he has on one hand (and I'm not sure how that fact has escaped me this long). I also think his claim falls into that category of "useless scum roles scum claim without accountability", but someone could argue it's not a scum claim. I say BV is active lurking up a storm because the bulk of his posts are in response to events happening with relatively little significance on the game, but he posts a bunch in response to them, and posts virtually no scumhunting initiated by him. However, there's no explaining away how he defended dramonic and Pie's claim, and how the ratio of his 'defending scum' to 'other posts containing content', the ratio is pretty much 1:1.

As far as my qualms with Brandi go, upon rereading Bv, she doesn't even compare.
unvote, vote BV

Now on to MaxMouse.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:49 am

Post by charter »

No no no...

Rereading MaxMouse, I was right with my initial thinking that he's not scum with dramonic. He actually does pretty well on the scumhunting front, other than the fact that he's more reactionary as opposed to proactive.

About the biggest things I have problems with concerning him is his giant post which was basically a summary of the game and his claiming never having done an ISO, which seems pretty dubious, but possible. He was pretty much absent for the Pie lynch, so nothing to analyze there.

Basically, I don't think he's scum. There's some questionable actions, but there's really no connections between him and dramonic and Pie. I'm confident that a BV lynch will end this game with a town win.

I think that anyone who doesn't agree with my points against BV (mainly the first and last, the middle two aren't that amazing) to explain why they don't agree and what they think was BV's motivation behind making those comments.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

My major reason for thinking bv is town is his claim; I just don't see why you'd make that up as scum (or claim it if it were half true).

I don't have time to read and think about your post right now; I'll do so within 24 hours.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by charter »

Well, the claim itself, I see no reason to think that makes him town, it's an incredibly pointless role from what I see. I suppose you could argue the manner he claimed is town, but I'd contest that claiming out of the blue like that doesn't make a whole lot of sense as either alignment. I don't see why he'd claim it regardless of his alignment, but maybe he just did it because 'it would be dumb to do as scum'. I was just scum and invented a claim for myself mid day one, and everyone believed it, so I'm not ruling it out.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Brandi »

I'm at a friends house right now so a bit busy- So I'll comment on recent events when I get home.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Fishythefish »

charter wrote:Alright, here's my take on Bv. The epitome of lurker/active lurker. He RVS votes Princess, then changes it to Kitoari once the wagon on BelovedPrincess falls apart and one springs up on Kitoari. He's said virtually nothing in between. Then, another seven posts of nothing, until he unvotes Kitoari to revote Kitoari, WHILE SAYING "I have to admit that, while the Dramonic wagon has some really good points, none of it is particularly scummy. I've played with Dram before, and this is the same way he usually plays." He defends dramonic. That's Exhibit A.

Then he proclaims with certainty that we only have one scum left (after dramonic is lynched) and he proceeds to vote Alamaster saying that Dramonic was distancing from Alamaster. He provides no evidence of this nor provides any reasons to suspect that Alamaster was doing anything other than scumhunting. However, he's gone straight to 'bussing' which is a crap reason to vote someone over right out of the gate day two. He says absolutely nothing more about Alamaster after this vote. That's Exhibit B.

About another 7 posts of useless dice rolling, then he says "Alrighty then. I'll reread the thread tomorrow and get my thoughts up, hopefully. Gut is telling me that Kit is still the right play, but I'd like to back that up with a real case." of which it looks like he's totally dropped Alamaster from his suspicions (this post occurs shortly after Alamaster claims double voter) but there's no unvote or anything.

Then we get to the debate about FakeGod's claim of which I suspected that scum were busy posting about this since it's something they can easily post about, they can easily make doubtful posts like 'that role is made up', and generally other fake scumhunting (though at the time I internally suspected Pom). He starts going on about how confirmed townies (masons) are unlikely to exist, which is total crap, since masons are in lots of games. Exhibit C.

MASSIVE RED FLAG ALERT

In response to Pie's claim, "My PM calls me Duke Devlin, not just Duke.

Also, seeing as we've already had one set of siblings in this game, I don't think a second one all that unlikely."

Looking back on this, this is the atom bomb of scumminess for this game. He has now FLIP FLOPPED ON ONE HIS MAJOR REASONS FOR SUSPECTING FAKEGOD'S CLAIM ONCE PIE'S CLAIM HAS COME IN TO QUESTION. He is supporting Pie's claim since it's likely that there are multiple sibling type roles in the game, but he CONTINUES to go after FakeGod. This hypocrisy is scummy, but when you take into account he did it specifically to defend Pie (of whom he had never mentioned in the entire game) who was scum who had just introduced a dubious claim, I can't see any way to dismiss it. I personally couldn't dismiss how I can count the number of "content" posts he has on one hand (and I'm not sure how that fact has escaped me this long). I also think his claim falls into that category of "useless scum roles scum claim without accountability", but someone could argue it's not a scum claim. I say BV is active lurking up a storm because the bulk of his posts are in response to events happening with relatively little significance on the game, but he posts a bunch in response to them, and posts virtually no scumhunting initiated by him. However, there's no explaining away how he defended dramonic and Pie's claim, and how the ratio of his 'defending scum' to 'other posts containing content', the ratio is pretty much 1:1.

As far as my qualms with Brandi go, upon rereading Bv, she doesn't even compare.
unvote, vote BV

Now on to MaxMouse.
Well. This is a very good case. Defending both scum looks bad. Throwing doubt on the mason claim for a really bad reason looks bad. Disbelieving FG's claim, and then defending Pie
on the basis of that claim
looks really, really bad.

I've been ignoring bv because his claim doesn't feel like a scum claim. But this case is basically conclusive.

vote: bv

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”