Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

For all we know, we could have had one mason, and millar here trying to take advantage of a mason death, with Ergo not here to say whether it's truth or lie.

Assuming you are a mason: Did you discuss any suspicions? Is there anyone you both thought were scum in the time you had to talk?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Here's something that's skated under the radar (I think due to millar's claim) that I just thought about after a brief re-read: AGar's speedy hammer. Thoughts on this from anyone? I feel like it was rushed, not quite to the point of a quicklynch, but it certainly robbed us of discussion time.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by AGar »

quadz08 wrote:Here's something that's skated under the radar (I think due to millar's claim) that I just thought about after a brief re-read: AGar's speedy hammer. Thoughts on this from anyone? I feel like it was rushed, not quite to the point of a quicklynch, but it certainly robbed us of discussion time.
When Mitsuru was going to hammer, you didn't object, only stating that vezok was only at L-2. So why now are you going to try and pin me up over hammering a few minutes later? Contradiction much?

Millar's claim isn't really something we can analyze at this point. If he acts scummy, we'll have to lynch him, but trying to out the doc is not enough basis to lynch someone.

Quadz has acted scummy, has had things indicative of him potentially being scum now for a while. This is just another. Let's lynch him.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: quadz08
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Ummm... I didn't object because
it wasn't the hammer
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by millar13 »

VLA till Thursday; got more work that i feel like shooting myself
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 am

Post by AGar »

quadz08 wrote:Ummm... I didn't object because
it wasn't the hammer
You didn't make that clear. It looked like you said "Oh hey, it would be cool, but he's at L-2." If you had objected, you would've made note because Mitsuru wasn't the only player with a vote. I took your not saying "No, a hammer isn't cool," as in you being fine with a lynch at that point.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 am

Post by quadz08 »

I didn't feel the need to object to something that did not yet exist.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 am

Post by AGar »

With Mitsuru threatening the idea, it would be good to clarify that you don't approve of a hammer. Conciseness is pro-town.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 am

Post by quadz08 »

Explain how my adding what I thought was an unnecessary disclaimer would be considered "concise."
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Caution is scummy. Sticking to your ideals and expressing them is pro town, in my experience at least. Regardless, there is some confusion right now, but I'm still more ready to lynch millar than quadz. I'll hold my vote for now though, until millar answers my question. We can't afford to mislynch again.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 am

Post by quadz08 »

Mitsuru wrote: Caution is scummy. Sticking to your ideals and expressing them is pro town, in my experience at least.
Are you intending to say that these are opposite, exclusive things? Because they very much aren't. For example, I am currently expressing the fact that I think AGar's lack of caution and rushed hammer could be indicative of scum, and is, in fact, the scummiest thing I've seen so far.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

I don't see how Vezo\s lynch could have been stopped. We showed caution. We gave opportunities for people to unvote. No one did, so this was going to happen. Sad, but true.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 am

Post by quadz08 »

I don't disagree. I was voting for the man, remember? I just think that it would have been wiser to use more time that Day to discuss things. I am, in no way, saying vezok's lynch should have been stopped; rather, I am saying it should have been postponed. And before the inevitable "then why didn't you unvote to get him out of L-1?" I was not anticipating that anyone would decide to waste the rest of the day by lynching him then. Perhaps I should have unvoted, to further ensure that; if so, then I messed up there. However, I still believe that AGar's play was reckless and ill-advised.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by AGar »

quadz. You started the day saying you find me scummy for my PGO claim. That got shot down. Millar claims Mason. You try and underhandedly slip suspicion on him. That got shot down as well, for the most part. Now, you're reverting back to me, saying that my hammer yesterday is now scummy.

You're looking like scum doing anything to try and push a mislynch right now.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

As I mentioned, I did a re-read, and it stood out. I find it hard to swallow that's it's scummy to point out scummy behavior. Sorry if the order I presented it in wasn't in keeping with the order of posts, or whatever organizational system your brain is using.

And as to your accusation of "underhandedly slipping suspicion on" millar, I'd like you to go back and re-read. I have been pretty steadfast in my belief that it is a
null-tell
, and merely stupid, not scummy.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Sorry guys I have another assignment due today and I need to do a re-read before I put a vote anywhere so I'll get to that tonight after I hand the assignment in.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by AGar »

quadz08 wrote:As I mentioned, I did a re-read, and it stood out. I find it hard to swallow that's it's scummy to point out scummy behavior. Sorry if the order I presented it in wasn't in keeping with the order of posts, or whatever organizational system your brain is using.

And as to your accusation of "underhandedly slipping suspicion on" millar, I'd like you to go back and re-read. I have been pretty steadfast in my belief that it is a
null-tell
, and merely stupid, not scummy.
This doesn't read much like you steadfastly believe it to be null:
quadz08 wrote:Millar, your claim concerns me. I don't know how likely it is that more than one mason popped up. Also, why would you claim mason at this point anyway? Also, it is definitely possible that you are scum, despite being a mason.
Mod wrote:
I wrote:Also, is it possible that you have roles which were given without their complementary role? (i.e., only one mason, or a firefighter with no arsonist?)
Depends on the role.
This makes me doubly unsure. *sigh*

I want to think that this is a fake-claim, but I don't know what it would gain. That makes me doubt my first instinct.
It reads to me like you're setting yourself up for an opportunity when a wagon forms, but also with a fallback if things go awry - "Well I always doubted that it was fake to begin with!"

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well, I thought that I would be going to my dad's house for a week, where i would have a computer right next to my bed and way too much free time, but instead I'm at my grandpa's. There's no internet downstairs, and my dad works upstairs, so it's pretty much off limits upstairs. That said, I have managed to steal enough time to declare
V/LA until 8/19 at the latest
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, why are we even considering the possibility that millar is scum? I certainly think he's stupid, but I don't think for one second that the mod would put only one mason in the game. millar is confirmed town, let's lynch the scum that somehow wormed his way out of a lynch yesterday.
VOTE: quadz08
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, and while millar has done many stupid things, his claim was definitely not one of them. Think about what would have happened if he hadn't claimed. Someone(scum) would have said, "Oh, he waited to claim because he was scum making sure that there wasn't another mason" and our stupid selves would have lynched confirmed town.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by quadz08 »

quadz08 wrote:After thinking about it, I'm not sure if it's so much scummy as it is just dumb. Pretty much a null-tell, to me.
This was my very next post, AGar. At first I was unsure, then I thought about it, and realized that it was dumb no matter what alignment millar is. My perspective on that has never changed, once I made my decision.

And gandalf, I still haven't heard you explain why you think I'm scummy. You've voted me twice now, with no justification. Care to fix that?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 am

Post by AGar »

quadz08 wrote:
quadz08 wrote:After thinking about it, I'm not sure if it's so much scummy as it is just dumb. Pretty much a null-tell, to me.
This was my very next post, AGar. At first I was unsure, then I thought about it, and realized that it was dumb no matter what alignment millar is. My perspective on that has never changed, once I made my decision.

And gandalf, I still haven't heard you explain why you think I'm scummy. You've voted me twice now, with no justification. Care to fix that?
You still leave a door wide open with the "I'm not sure if.." statement. You aren't selling me on this point right now, I'm comfortable with my vote.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:00 am

Post by quadz08 »

I apologize that my turn of phrase is confusing you, but I assure you, that's all it is.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Quadz. Who would you support a lynch on today?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 am

Post by quadz08 »

AGar, Zajnet, or Gandalf. Gandalf mostly based on lurking; AGar for reasons I've enumerated above; Zajnet for his wagon-hopping without explanation.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”