pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:46 am

Post by pacman281292 »

Sorry for my jerk posts; I was completely lost (I got ninja'd when the game started, then I was clueless about what was going on).
Now, back to the game:
Prox: I do think you are being waay too overeager. I'll
unvote
because RVS is over.
I'll reread, and post something more meaningful later (maybe tomorrow).
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I would like my partner to reveal him/herself if I am lynched/NKed and if and only if they got a guilty result on my investigation of
Prox
. Also, Prox does seem overeager to vote on small reasons, and all of you are much too quick to stop suspecting me. If you bother to research my meta you'll notice that I fakeclaim a lot, with equal probability as scum as town.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Korashk »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I would like my partner to reveal him/herself if I am lynched/NKed and if and only if they got a guilty result on my investigation of
Prox
I'd like to amend this:
If you only get one report and can not yourself investigate you should reveal in the event of zwet's death. No matter what the investigation yields.
Also, Prox does seem overeager to vote on small reasons, and all of you are much too quick to stop suspecting me.
He is changing his vote a lot, which is odd. Though it doesn't necessarily suggest much. I also hope that nobody has stopped suspecting you. We should be suspecting everyone that isn't confirmed or ourselves.
If you bother to research my meta you'll notice that I fakeclaim a lot, with equal probability as scum as town.
Let me get this straight. You will fakeclaim as a townie?
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Prox wrote:That's silly. It makes sense for the other half-cop to claim now that zwet has..
I don't think that makes sense at all. Why split who the doc has to guess to protect? Explain this now please.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Prox wrote:That's silly. It makes sense for the other half-cop to claim now that zwet has. I'm being accused of rolefishing on this, but no one has told me why this opinion is wrong.
It's unnecessary and just gets someone killed in the end. Claiming later has the same results except that we don't need to risk zwet or his partner getting killed off early on.
Prox wrote:How am I testing the waters to see who would make a good mislynch? I'm trying to evoke responses to get the game moving.
You votehopped quickly and for little reason other that shotty unvoted a little late (Even if it was a bit late to be looked at). This is a weak reason for now though because of how early it is.
Prox wrote:If my vote for someone has a weak reason, shouldn't I change it anyways? And how is it scummy to do so anyway? Isn't voting at a whim the same as voting for little reason?
There's plenty of stuff out there and yet you're voting people for "tunneling" (Although I provided a valid responce) and for unvoting a tad too late.This just seems to be trying to find a mislynch people will jump on to me.
Kora wrote:Let me get this straight. You will fakeclaim as a townie?
I think he meant "Fakeclaim as scum".

Anyway, i call shenanigans on the "pacman was ninja'd" claim. He asked when the game starts about 6 hours after the mod posted. That's an awfully long ninja...
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Korashk wrote: Unsolicited claims are pointless without justification, especially semi-power roles, all it does is give the Mafia more information. This is a bad thing.
Oh, So him giving information to scum makes him scum? Doesn't explain your "lynch the power" reaction.
Prox wrote:How am I testing the waters to see who would make a good mislynch? I'm trying to evoke responses to get the game moving.

If my vote for someone has a weak reason, shouldn't I change it anyways? And how is it scummy to do so anyway? Isn't voting at a whim the
same
as voting for little reason?
I don't like this post. It feels panicky and is like he's trying real hard to justify himself in a "Hey, I'm doing normal stuff, right? right?" type of manner.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Yes, I have been known to fakeclaim as town. I'm not faking now, however.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Korashk »

Hrezs wrote:
Korashk wrote: Unsolicited claims are pointless without justification, especially semi-power roles, all it does is give the Mafia more information. This is a bad thing.
Oh, So him giving information to scum makes him scum? Doesn't explain your "lynch the power" reaction.
Where I usually play most of the voting is not done with the intention of lynching. It is done to get those that act suspiciously to explain themselves. I call it pressure voting.

I voted, he explained, the explanation was satisfactory for now.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Prox »

I was thinking I was the one targetted by zwet thx to our altercation earlier. That might partially account for my thoughts on what he should do next.

Zwet stated that he would announce his target after the claim.

I thought that the confirmation of 3 roles could help us achieve a more accurate lynch, and more likely that the announcement of the scan's target would also help the town without revealing the other half cop. I don't see the Doc as a surefire role in this game.

If eagerness at the start of Day 1 is scummy, next game I play I'll just lurk. Most my statements so far Today have been created to incur discussion that can be analyzed. That is my priority on Day 1.

My vote on shotty wasn't because he had unvoted late, but for the suspiciousness of his voting pattern all in all. I didn't explain my vote thouroughly because it was still only an early vote, as strong as an FoS.

There; I answered several Q's in the preceding. G2g sorry.
This time, I'll not care.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Just saying, eagerness and asking for roles are two different things...

How would you have the confirmation of 3 roles anyways? According to your plan, Zwek and his associate claim today. Am I wrong? If not, then it would be giving scum an easy chance to NK one of them. Even then, zwek's role is not 100% confirmed.

Are you also suggesting zwek's supposed partner to claim just because you think that there may not be a doc in this game? Dunno what would give you the impression of maybe no doc already.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Korashk wrote:
Hrezs wrote:
Where I usually play most of the voting is not done with the intention of lynching. It is done to get those that act suspiciously to explain themselves. I call it pressure voting.

I voted, he explained, the explanation was satisfactory for now.
hmm, ok. I still find it suspect that you thought softclaiming was suspicious at all. You can ask people questions without voting for them.
Unvote

Still not liking Prox. You can be excited for a game without being eager and his rolefishing is mad suspect(just because you preface it with an "I know this will be seen as rolefishing" does not change what it is or how scummy it is)
Katsuki wrote:Are you also suggesting zwek's supposed partner to claim just because you think that there may not be a doc in this game? Dunno what would give you the impression of maybe no doc already.
This is also a very good point. With 1 claim there's no way you can accurately guess things like that without being scum
iiiiiiq
iiiiiiq
Townie
iiiiiiq
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:21 am

Post by iiiiiiq »

like others, i dont see why the other half-cop should claim now because then the doc would have to split who to protect at night
also, im really suspicous of prox right now cuz it seems that hes real eager to find out who the other cop is
perhaps to greaten his chances at killing one tonight???
hehehehe... hahahaha ... HAHAHAHA...
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
*cough cough* *choke choke* *sniff sniff*
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Prox »

My plan was more based on zwet announcing his target in case of his death, and speculative of the possibility of his peer claiming- as he said he was not going to announce his target until the claim. This made me speculate, perhaps wrongly (?), about the benefit of having 3 confirmed roles on Day 1.

I'm not as excited for this game as I am eager for it to progress (and begin to get fun).

My eagerness has nothing to do with zwet's roleclaim and my response to it- its just me reacting to a new situation.

Also, sorry about the quality and format of my posts: I'm on mobile.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Prox wrote:I thought that the confirmation of 3 roles could help us achieve a more accurate lynch, and more likely that the announcement of the scan's target would also help the town without revealing the other half cop. I don't see the Doc as a surefire role in this game.
Terrible, TERRIBLE reason. As others have already stated, even if someone says that they're zwet's partner, that doesn't make either of them confirmed. Also, we can't just assume there is no doc unless we have reason to.

Anyway, Zwet's partner should only claim if one of these things happens:

1. Zwet dies
2. He is at L-1 and needs to claim to avoid the lynch
3. We are in endgame and need to massclaim
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Prox wrote:If eagerness at the start of Day 1 is scummy, next game I play I'll just lurk.
Too defensive.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Also, Korashk is trying to hide behind Prox's scumminess.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Got some catching up to do. Thoughts in a bit...
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

@zwet: I don't think outing the other cop micht actually be helpful (he would be the scum's next target, and the scum might try to kill the other part of the cop).
BUT, if he doesn't claim, and you die, there would be open window for scum falseclaims...
Humm... WIFOM...

I also agree with Doom's 138. If we have powers, we better hold them until when revealing them might be useful *cough*
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

VOTE COUNT 1.4

With 12 players 7 votes lynches.
Deadline
:
No set deadline.

Count

don_johnson
(0)

Doombunny9
(0)

drmyshottyizsik
(3)
LynchMePls, Prox, don_johnson
Hrezs
(0)

iiiiiiq
(0)

Katsuki
(0)

Korashk
(2)
zwetschenwasser, Katsuki
LynchMePls
(0)

Mysterio
(0)

pacman281292
(0)

Prox
(2)
Mysterio, Doombunny9
zwetschenwasser
(0)

Not Voting
(5)

iiiiiiq
Korashk
drmyshottyizsik
pacman281292
Hrezs

Opening Post – For links to all Vote Counts.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:40 pm

I am a little hard up to post vote counts between Fridays through Sundays. But, first thing Mondays I will post one. I will try over the weekends. I will usually check in, and respond to PMs too over the weekends.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by don_johnson »

v/la 6-13. Vacation with family. Can stillpost from phone. More shotty votes please.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Mysterio »

My RVS vote was on Prox, and after reading through the thread, I have no reason to change it
Prox wrote:I'm only trying to reason what we should do in this situation. If zwet announces his scan target, then at least the other guy will know the deal. That way, if zwet is killed, his scan doesn't beome worthless. If the other guy claims, we'll have 3 confirmed townies or 2 and a found scum. If we do nothing, there is little benefit unless one of the three is brought to L-1 today..
This is either VI town play or a scum slip. Having zwet's partner claim gives us absolutely no benefit, given the fact that it could simply be two scum fake claiming. The
real
cop or half-cops would be an idiot(s) to counter-claim this early. If zwet's claim is genuine, then having his partner claim would simply give the Mafia two easy targets. A doc or some other protective role would have to choose one and hope the other doesn't get NK'd. So, like I said, either VI town play or scum slip. At this point any further speculation would just be WIFOM, but I'm leaving my vote on you in the interim.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:16 am

Post by Prox »

Ah...both accusations are undesirable :S
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:47 am

Yesterday was rather slow. Please try to be more active today, and the next few days. Thanks.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Korashk »

So teamwork. We should have some.

In past games I've played the town has chosen one person (either by VI status, newbs, or RNG), gets that person about 3/4 to a lynch and waits for them to defend themselves. How would you all like to do this?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”