Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Korashk »

Just a little Vote Count, the contents of which I find odd:

Prana (1/7) [Lee]
Lee (3/7) [Nexus, Anon, prana]
commie (2/7) (username, Xite)
Dalt (1/7) [Saga]
username (1/7) [having]

That's freaking crazy and random voting this many people accomplishes nothing.

Observations:
- username didn't realize that this game was all vanilla, probably an innocent mistaske but I'm keeping my eye on him/her
- Lee attempting to explain away the random vote thing and giving evidence to substantiate this is trying too hard. A simple "this is how we did it in the day" would have sufficed.
- Having also didn't read that there are no roles in this game, again keeping my eye on.
- Lee is getting pretty defensive, I'm saying that he's town for now.

Will refrain from voting for now.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
commieB
commieB
Goon
commieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 am

Post by commieB »

sry didn't go on the computer last night and had to work this morning. just sent confirmation to mod. hope its cool that i am posting now.

also, why all the commie hate? on paper, communism is the perfect government!
Come on... Come on! Do it! Do it! Come on. Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Kill me!
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Korashk »

commieB wrote:also, why all the commie hate? on paper, communism is the perfect government!
Blech, I'll keep my freedom thank you very much.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Leech »

Vote: Havingfitz
for lurking in the last game we played together.

On a completely different note, It's nice to see that I haven't played with most of you before.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Korashk »

I'm going to:
Vote: ConfidAnon

Ranom Number

Convince me that you're a townie.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Bandwagon why, CA? So I can claim Townie? Here. I'll make it easy on you.

Roleclaim: Townie. Vanilla.

Did you even look at the link I posted, CA? Did you see the last time I played a game? Look at most all of my games, in the good old days, when you made a vote that wasn't random, you used that to your advantage. You differentiated between a "vote with heft" and a "random vote".

With that being said, my vote stands on Prana and a
IGMEOY: CA
I actually laughed at the role claim. What does "IGMEOY" mean?

But you are right, a bandwagon on you is not needed.

However,
Unvote, Vote: Leech

Much more lucrative place for a vote. Everyone come and hop on the Leech wagon.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Korashk »

Prana (1/7) [Lee]
Lee (2/7) [Nexus, prana]
commie (2/7) [username, Xite]
Dalt (1/7) [Saga]
username (1/7) [having]
Anon (1/7) [Korashk]
Leech (1/7) [Anon]

I'll try and keep updated vote counts, because I like having that information readily available.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

Korashk wrote: - username didn't realize that this game was all vanilla, probably an innocent mistaske but I'm keeping my eye on him/her
If that were the case, havingfitz would be totally justified in his vote, because a massclaim immediately in most games would be a terrible idea, so it would be scummy for me to suggest it if I thought this was a regular old closed M. Normal.

But I didn't think that; I was fully aware of the setup. My thought was that there was a pretty good chance that at least one person wouldn't be, and therefore some chance that a scum player would be one of those people, and therefore a minute chance that by encouraging an immediate massclaim, we could trick a scum into outing themselves straight away by claiming a power role.

In all likelihood, it wasn't going to happen, but I figured it was worth a shot, since there's absolutely no downside if it didn't work. And either way, it was more likely to give me some kind of read on other players than the typical random voting approach. And certain reactions are striking me as slightly more likely to come from town players, so I deem my dumb plan a roaring success.
LoudmouthLee wrote:Since this is a no-claim game (as everyone will claim townie), it makes a lot less sense to bandwagon for no reason
Only if you think the entire purpose of bandwagoning for no reason is to get a claim out of someone, which is rather putting the cart before the horse.

But I know that is how games used to be played back in the Stone Age. :P
ConfidAnon wrote: Much more lucrative place for a vote. Everyone come and hop on the Leech wagon.
I'm not seeing what sets him apart from other content-free posters like, say, commie, who already has a convenient wagon going on. Maybe you should hop onto that one instead?
Korashk wrote:I'll try and keep updated vote counts, because I like having that information readily available.
You can generally rely on the mod to do that for you.

p.s. LoudmouthLee, we've actually briefly played in a game together before, though it doesn't surprise me if you don't remember.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
dalt54321
dalt54321
Townie
dalt54321
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by dalt54321 »

saga

just cause he voted me. now this place plays mafia alot different than i do, so please dont jump on me, i have to adjust.
For those of you keeping score at home...
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Korashk »

dalt54321 wrote:
saga

just cause he voted me. now this place plays mafia alot different than i do, so please dont jump on me, i have to adjust.
I can understand why you would do that, but it isn't that great of a reason.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

dalt54321 wrote:
saga

You need to vote in the form of
Vote: xxxxx
for it to count.
dalt54321
dalt54321
Townie
dalt54321
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by dalt54321 »

okay sorry i'm new.
Vote: Korashk

for not yet knowing that i'm really good at this game. :wink:
For those of you keeping score at home...
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Korashk »

dalt54321 wrote:okay sorry i'm new.
Vote: Korashk

for not yet knowing that i'm really good at this game. :wink:
Doesn't matter how good you are, voting someone using only the justification of "he voted for me" isn't good reasoning.

commieB
commieB
Goon
commieB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by commieB »

i don't think that an early claim of VT is scummy. i just did it in my last game where i was VT. also, this game i am VT. BUILDING MY META ITT!
Come on... Come on! Do it! Do it! Come on. Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Kill me!
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Korashk »

commieB wrote:i don't think that an early claim of VT is scummy. i just did it in my last game where i was VT. also, this game i am VT. BUILDING MY META ITT!
[sarcasm]Really, you're a VT, what a shocker![/sarcasm]

LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Ahh, the New C9. I actually loved that variant. Fiasco and I worked a lot together on it, even though we went in different directions. :)

For now, since I'm so "old school..."
Guide to Speak LmL wrote: 1) Random Vote means "I'm checking in and randomly voting for someone."
2) Vote means, well, vote.
3) Confirm Vote means "Unless an earthquake hits and accidentally kills the person I'm voting for, there's a very small chance of my vote changing.
4) FoS = Finger of Suspicion (which I believe you guys still use)
5) IGMEOY = I've got my Eye on You
6) WIFOM = Wine in Front of Me (a la the Princess Bride and Vinzinni.)
7) PBPA = Post by Post Analysis
That should cover anything I say that you won't understand right away.

Let's do some work, shall we?
Korashk wrote:Doesn't matter how good you are, voting someone using only the justification of "he voted for me" isn't good reasoning.
Actually, at this point, I need to explain one other acronym... OMGUS (Oh my god! You suck!) is voting for someone for no other reason besides they're voting for you.. at this stage of the game, it's no more than a random vote. I don't quite understand the necessity to scold here, especially since there's very little heat on you at this point.
FoS: Korashk

iamausername wrote:But I didn't think that; I was fully aware of the setup. My thought was that there was a pretty good chance that at least one person wouldn't be, and therefore some chance that a scum player would be one of those people, and therefore a minute chance that by encouraging an immediate massclaim, we could trick a scum into outing themselves straight away by claiming a power role.
Well, we didn't get that, and if you don't know what mountainous mafia is... shame on them :) However.. we got... "something", and if anyone wants to metagame this player (as I know nothing of his playing style), please do so..
havingfitz wrote:VOTE: iamausername for rolefishing.

Seriously...did you expect any town PRs to reveal themselves? Though I do support scum claims. You first?
Could be a joke (especially if HF is that type of guy), but could also be careless. I haven't made a decision on it yet, so
Minor FoS: HF

Otherwise, still haven't found a reason to move my vote off of Prana. Still third to jump onto the wagon, has done little to no legwork for his/her votes, and still hasn't tried to justify his "random" vote.. besides..
PranaDevil wrote:Still quite happy with where my vote is currently lying.
To me, that wasn't enough. My vote is not an OMGUS. I actually have a reason to vote you. So, if it makes you feel better...

UnRandom Vote: PranaDevil
Vote: PranaDevil

There. I explain all of this well enough for you? PS: For those of you who say I get defensive and wrapped up. It's me, and many of you don't know me well enough to Metagame me. I implore you, read my past games.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

havingfitz wrote:
Xite91 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:VOTE: iamausername for rolefishing.

Seriously...did you expect any town PRs to reveal themselves? Though I do support scum claims. You first?
You're funny. Do you even read mod-posts?
Apparently as well as iamausername :lol:
Teehee, you're funny. Do you know much about strategy?

commieB wrote:also, why all the commie hate? on paper, communism is the perfect government!
But paper and people are just so.... different. It wouldn't work out the same because paper (unless it's art-based paper) is not greedy.
Korashk wrote:I'll try and keep updated vote counts, because I like having that information readily available.
My scum-senses are tingling
Korashk wrote:
commieB wrote:i don't think that an early claim of VT is scummy. i just did it in my last game where i was VT. also, this game i am VT. BUILDING MY META ITT!
[sarcasm]Really, you're a VT, what a shocker![/sarcasm]
I lol'd
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Saga
Saga
Townie
Saga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Saga »

Hai Xite. Can I ask why you didn't answer my wonderful question?

(more later. kthxbai)
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Saga wrote:Hai Xite. Can I ask why you didn't answer my wonderful question?

(more later. kthxbai)
Erm... Because everyone should suspect everyone at this stage, just some more so than others? That's what I would suggest anyway. It seems strange to say you can basically only suspect one person at a time, especially to then push that issue.

FoS: Saga
Saga
Saga
Townie
Saga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Saga »

PranaDevil wrote:Erm... Because everyone should suspect everyone at this stage, just some more so than others? That's what I would suggest anyway. It seems strange to say you can basically only suspect one person at a time, especially to then push that issue.

FoS: Saga
That's not what I meant. She/he (goddamn lack of gender icons) either agreed with one or another, at least in my view. If she thought that it was scum distancing, as she said later, she should have elaborated, no? We all could be missing important things here. Besides, I asked her. Not you. I don't really mind you answering, but may I ask why did you answer?

Xite, why did you have the time to quote all of that and not answer me? Did you just forget or something?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I answered because it didn't seem like that much of a worthy question to require taking much time up over to be honest. It's page 2, so it's not as though we're going to have great reads on everyone yet. Also you just said that Xite (Who I think is male) said it was distancing anyway... so that is answering why Xite suspected them both, and it's something that scum often do as well.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:02 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

PranaDevil wrote:I answered because it didn't seem like that much of a worthy question to require taking much time up over to be honest. It's page 2, so it's not as though we're going to have great reads on everyone yet. Also you just said that Xite (Who I think is male) said it was distancing anyway... so that is answering why Xite suspected them both, and it's something that scum often do as well.
Yet, you go out of your way to ignore anything I said? So very interesting. I look for a few things when I'm scumhunting, and you have ticked a few checkmarks off here.

In other words... Saga, I
do
mind that he was answering for someone else... possibly mafia coaching, perhaps?

I think the vast majority of you should have their votes on PranaDevil. There's one or two others who possibly deserve votes, but Prana, again, was the third to put a vote on someone early.. really early (before some people even checked in!), is ignoring questions / statements that question his credibility, and instead spends time answering questions posed to other people.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

LmL - Pretty much all of those acronyms/terms are still in use. I had seen IGMEOY before, just never knew what it meant. Thanks!

I disagree about placing the third vote on the wagon being a tell in the RVS (It's very situational as a tell), but in the interest of getting a hearty bandwagon going,
Unvote, Vote: Prana
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Seeing as it's not worked. I actually had somewhat of a plan in voting for you Lee. At this stage I don't think you're scum. However, an early wagon can often draw up some opportunistic scum. So I threw a vote on you, and waited to see who did what with it.

As it would appear, we didn't get any scum coming out of the woodwork to try and drive the wagon any further forward, so it has become a bit pointless. But that will explain why I deliberately ignored your comments towards me until now. To answer them would have given the game up right at the first hurdle.

unvote

I'm somewhat curious as to you thinking I was going for an honest to god quick lynch though, you seem rather "jumpy" with your actions Lee. But at the moment I'll class that as possible town getting unnerved by a vote without a reason on them as I admit I have done so in the past.

But CA is also curious, considering you are admiting to voting me solely to get a wagon going. Interesting.

FoS still resting firmly on Saga as well though.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

PranaDevil wrote:Seeing as it's not worked. I actually had somewhat of a plan in voting for you Lee. At this stage I don't think you're scum. However, an early wagon can often draw up some opportunistic scum.
Wagons create reads, such as you yourself is doing. While I jumped on the wagon late, I still wanted to see how others react.
PranaDevil wrote:But CA is also curious, considering you are admiting to voting me solely to get a wagon going. Interesting.
Do I need to point out the inconsistancy here? You just said you were wanting to create an early wagon with the lee vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”