Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by CSL »

The Thunder and Lightning Vote Count

Mr. Flay (3) jmurph3, Zajnet, Nexus

Zajnet (2) Earlder1, Beefster

Earlder1 (1) Kov

Not Voting: Mr. Flay

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Mr. Flay is on a perpetual V/LA status

jmurph3 is V/LA until August 10th

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

Once again, to give Flay the chance to defend himself, I'll
unvote
Trans rights are human rights.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry again for not being able to post before tonight. I'll try to keep this relatively short, but as complete as possible.

First things first: I stand by the Haylen lynch from yesterday. Yes, she turned out to be Town, but her playstyle was distracting and she was either outright lying or dangerously naive with the "I didn't tell you to make a list of everyone!" explanation. That alone set off my scumdar, plus the "stop twisting my words" yelling and the OMGUS attacks. Even a mislynch has its uses though, because we can analyze both who was ON it and who stayed OFF it.
Spoiler: Day One wall-of-words
CSL wrote:
The End of Day 1 votecount

Zajnet
(L-1)
Haylen, Kov, Earlder1, a2rudeboy
Haylen
(LYNCH) Beefster, Zajnet, Mr. Flay, Nexus, jmurph3
Kind of interesting to me that we came right down to the wire there, with all nine people voting. In addition to the five of us who lynched her, previously in the Day a2rudeboy voted her, but he's dead Town as well now. jmurph3 was the first voter for millar13, during RVS. It came off as the game progressed into meaningful discussion, but she was the hammer on the same role slot later. I still find that to be fairly pro-town overall. Beefster launched the first minor 'case' on millar in post 56, and... I'm not doing a very good job of keeping this short. First vote for what turned out to be the 'alternate lynch candidate' (ChibiSanNub/Zajnet) was cast by Haylen, no big surprise there. Zajnet came out pretty quick against millar13, in post 125 after his read of the thread upon replacing in. Didn't seem to connect that millar13 = Haylen, which is weird. Beefster by page 6 has Nexus as his top suspect, with millar13/Haylen a distant 3rd. I can't really agree with Beefster finding jmurph3 suspicious, but I've already said that yesterday. Earlder1 hops onto the Nexus bandwagon pretty fast, citing mostly Haylen's case as evidence.

Kov answering questions "for" BagSquad (who he replaced) is odd, but seems a newbie quirk, as is the superfast vote for Nexus. Still, Kov later hopped onto the Zajnet wagon instead, after drifting past the even-larger Haylen wagon (post #249, bottom of page 11) that I helped start. a2 jumped on right after me, then Nexus, right after roleclaiming (which was asked for, in fairness). Kov never votes for Haylen though... actually, all day no vote for Haylen.
FOS: Kov
- also, a2 voted for Kov at the top of page 12.

Beefster jumps ship from Nexus to jmurph3 less than an hour after the claim, citing the vote for Kov. Protecting your scumbuddy?? Zaj and Beefster also excuse Kov as newbish (as did I, to be fair), but jmurph jumps right back down Kov's throat. That could be either town or scum behavior; jmurph3 seems sophisticated enough to start a bus D1. Beefster on the other hand latches onto the Haylenwagon and doesn't let go for the rest of the day. Pretty much he and I were the only ones there the entire time... Earlder1 was willing to go for either Nexus or Haylen, nobody else.

Earlder1 is prodded again, and says he's suspicious of Haylen, Kov, and Nexus. At that point Kov had no votes at all, so that's an interesting mention. At this point (page 10) Zajnet starts up the "this looks like a town-town fight to me" commentary. But by page 13, Zajnet is willing to put her at L-1.

Nexus admits he's not saying much since the heat came off. He's also been pretty firmly on Haylen's case, but it's more understandable (to me) here because Haylen was a large part of the Nexuswagon.

Page 14, Kov answers a question aimed at Beefster. That's not the first connection between the two of them (see above, regarding jmurph3's vote).

Near the bottom of that page, Zajnet telegraphs that he'll look at me for a lynch today if Haylen flips Town. Since Zajnet is ON the Haylenlynch, that strikes me as an excellent reason why I'm still alive today. Convenient, no? Of course Haylen backs him up on this, and now he can cite those as "confirmed Townie" words...and I bet he does, once I get to D2. Incidentally this is about the time the Zajnetwagon starts up, with Haylen joining jmurph3 and Kov jumping third. I signaled that I could vote for Zajnet, so really that's a potential for as many as 4 votes, which is what Haylen was at at that point. That makes Zajnet/Kov less likely to me, but not Zajnet/Nexus or Kov/Beefster. Earlder1 gets cold feet on the Haylenwagon and makes noises about being willing to go for Zajnet (note that we're just over 24 hours from deadline at this point, there's no other wagon to be had besides those two). He does say that he doesn't think Kov is as scummy as he thought earlier, even though he's bloodthirsty and anti-town? WTH?

Zajnet comes back to a L-1/L-2 wagon on him and seems perilously unconcerned about it, even going so far as to defend jmurph3, who was an early antagonist. Usually when I see that it's scum whose partner is NOT bussing them, which would mean anybody but
Haylen
, Kov, Earlder1, and arguably jmurph3 at this point, as jmurph3 was unvoted Zajnet for tactical reasons. That leaves me, Nexus, and Beefster, unsurprisingly. :roll: Nexus' post #378 is weirdly out of order, as if he was originally talking about Zajnet first and then Haylen, but re-ordered the post. Now why would he do that, except to make his case on Zajnet look weaker? It's bracketed between commentary about Haylen (who Nexus is actually voting for), but actually says worse things. I don't get the reluctance here... +5 Buddy Points for Nexus.

Beefster says that Zajnet has contributed nothing, but still wants to lynch Haylen today, Zajnet tomorrow. +50 Buddy Points for Beefster!

a2rudeboy balances things back up at L-1 for both Haylen and Zajnet in post #420. That right there, combined with Haylen's flip, makes me 99% sure Zajnet killed a2rudeboy.

And then, as I said already, Zajnet comes RIGHT out at Dawn Two with suspicion on me. Beefster votes Zajnet second (after Earlder1), which takes away some of those hundreds of scumbuddy points he got yesterday. Plus, he also noticed that both of us were alive in favor of a2rudeboy's death. Why a2?? The only people who make sense for me there are Zajnet and Kov.

Then the attacks on me start...
jmurph3 wrote:
Mr. Flay:
Personally, I'm most suspicious of Mr. Flay at this point. I've reread everything from D1 and it seems to me that he was shepherding town. He started the wagon on Haylen, and he tunneled on her to the end. Not once in 9 pages does he vote for anyone else. Even when he suspected someone else (namely Zajnet) he makes his case in terms of Haylen. Note what he says here (emphasis mine):
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm strongly considering flipping my vote to Zajnet.
He's like a MiniMe version of Haylen, only without the good qualities.
Seriously dude, you HAVE to contribute or you're helping the scum. And if you're scum, you HAVE to contribute or you're going to get lynched.
Yup. I thought Haylen was scum, and I stood/stand by that. You also lynched her with me, in fact you hammered. Why is consistency scummy here?
jmurph3 wrote:I also, in retrospect - as I didn't notice it at the time - really don't like this. It seems like he's power role fishing, especially since there's no way that I can see Haylen's post as being misconstrued as soft-claiming.
Mr. Flay wrote:
UNVOTE: Haylen
- just so we're clear, are you softclaiming? You're at L-1 as of the time I started this post, so I don't think it's too early to ask (and Kov is still being bloodthirsty as hell). This is a tactical unvote ONLY, to avoid a quicklynch if you say yes.
That's not rolefishing - that's ASKING FOR A CLAIM. Haylen was at L-1, which is usually the time you demand a claim from someone if you think they could be lynched. Haylen actually answered me kind-of-backwards, but it gave the sense that she was not a Power Role, which she confirmed a post or two later.

Beefster wrote:jmurph: I see your point about Mr. Flay. I also see motives behind him not killing me if he is scum- as I agreed with him quite a bit.
Why did you think you would be the NK?
Nexus wrote:Ok.

Going through the past posts, I noticed that Haylen, for all her faults, was building quite a big case on Mr. Flay. Having read jmurph's post as well, I'm beginning to feel that Haylen had a point. Once Mr. Flay got involved, it was difficult for anyone else to get accused. Yes, Zajnet ended up on L-1 too, but I think that was more to do with the fact he had been lurking, whereas Haylen was lynched because the case against her from Flay.
You voted Haylen too, helped lynch her in fact. Why am I scum in your eyes for making a case???
Nexus wrote:On Mr Flay: Tunnelled Haylen, he knows her better than most of us, so probably knew this was how she acted as town, and went ahead anyway. So, most suspicious.
That's a flat-out lie; I had to ask Haylen for game references earlier because I've NEVER played with her. GD/MD/SI is a very different environment than in-game, and frankly I thought she was acting weird even compared to the discussion forums. During Day One while she was flipping out in here she was joking and playing riddle games in GD.
jmurph3 wrote:Especially because of Flay's first content-filled post I feel like he was steering town in a direction, and truthfully, I fell for it. Still, it's not just the mislynch on Haylen that drives my vote. There's the way I felt he was fishing for power roles.
Aside from the "softclaiming" quote above, where else was I fishing for roles? Be specific.
jmurph3 wrote:As a further example, I did some digging. I know personally one of the things that really drew me into Flay's argument and made me trust him was in his first content-filled post when he said this about millar13:
Mr. Flay wrote:millar13 is... being millar13, on page 1-2. :roll: Did he get force-replaced? Ohhh no, he asked for replacement. Interesting. On a sidebar I looked at millar's meta when he's scum: Only two I found, weirdly, is a mini where he also requested replacement (page 4) after getting heat, and a mini where he was modkilled for incredibly rude behavior. Very interesting indeed... yes, I know millar's a Village Idiot in general, but he doesn't usually get tossed out of games. I don't think he likes being scum...
Personally, I took this at face value and used it as further justification for the scum vibes I was getting from Haylen. But much like how Haylen's graph on my posting didn't tell the whole story, neither does this post. After all, Mr. Flay almost dismisses millar's general crap play. He implies that millar's modkill was out of the ordinary, but in this game, millar was denied the win after he replaced in and was a complete a$$hole, and he was townie in that situation. In addition, the first game that Flay mentions didn't happen the way he claims it did; millar indeed requested replacement but then just as quickly unrequested it. He was never replaced in that game.

Mr. Flay is a good player, and I think he realized that most of us would never look much closer at the examples he posted and instead just take his word for it. I did, and we mislynched because of it. To me, this is just further evidence of Mr. Flay's scummy play.
I only looked at games where millar13 was scum - he's got a LARGE body of experience on the site, and I'd have been reading for a week if I went through his town games, too. All I wanted to see was if there was anything related to his scumgame that made sense here, and the replacement/modkill thing stuck out. millar (not to beat a dead horse) acts like millar in GD too - witness the Marathon Day threads. So trying to look for "town tells" for him was failure work, as far as I was considered... what really stuck out for me first was his antagonism with CSL, and it didn't gel with his usual game.

The replace-me-don't-replace-me thing from that first game is likewise kind of a red herring. If I was going to lie/misrep millar, why would I link to the game? As for millar's claim to not have gotten a role until Night One... I have a hard time believing that, frankly. Why didn't he complain about that during his tantrum D1? Nobody else complained about not getting their role... I think he either forgot or was lying.
Zajnet wrote:My scumlist from yesterday was a2rudeboy, jmurph, and Flay. The fact that a2 died makes jmurph and Flay top 2. Flay gets moved up to #1 because of Haylen's read.
Citing Haylen again. Will you PLEASE make your own case on me, so I have something to reply to??
Retired as of October 2014.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Nexus »

I did vote for Haylen, but that was for my own reasons. It's already been discussed that I am scum, and I've refuted them over and over again. Your "+5 buddy points" point thing I can explain in that I was just rambling, and didn't take a moment to order my thoughts before posting.

I realised I made a mistake voting Haylen, but her instability was damaging to the game, so I don't necessarily regret it.

As it is, I'm suspicious of you and Zajnet. I'm refraining from voting for you as I don't want someone to quicklynch before others have aired their views, or you've satisfactorily defended yourself.

Clearly Haylen must have had some good points otherwise you wouldn't be demanding Zajnet to make his own case. Why make his own case, when Haylen's appears to be causing you discomfort?
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Zajnet »

Nexus wrote:Clearly Haylen must have had some good points otherwise you wouldn't be demanding Zajnet to make his own case. Why make his own case, when Haylen's appears to be causing you discomfort?
QFT

I'm primarily a gut player. In the dozen or so games I've played, I've never done a large, drawn out analysis. When I try to, it generally sounds stupid because I'm not very good with words. I've been lynched D1 as town so many times because I say stupid things that it's actually pretty funny.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Nexus wrote:Clearly Haylen must have had some good points otherwise you wouldn't be demanding Zajnet to make his own case. Why make his own case, when Haylen's appears to be causing you discomfort?
What the hell does this even mean? If Zajnet thinks I'm scum, then he should be able to articulate why. Relying on someone else's words is a common, basic scum tactic, because then it allows the person to fall back on "well I never actually said that" or "I didn't mean it that way". Be responsible for your own cases, people! Outside of the Road to Rome, you're going to get torn to SHREDS if you can't say why you think someone's scum without referencing somebody else's argument.

Instead, Zajnet says that he's "not very good with words". I'm not asking for a wall of words. I just want, in your own words, what makes me scummy. I can't 'argue' with Haylen, because Haylen's dead. So I'm trying to argue with those who are here.
Nexus wrote:I realised I made a mistake voting Haylen, but her instability was damaging to the game, so I don't necessarily regret it.
When did you realize it was a mistake? Before the end of D1? If so, why didn't you switch to Zajnet? And what made you realize the mistake?

If you didn't
realize
it before Haylen's flip, then there's no
realization
to it, you just now
know
you were wrong.
That's what lynches do, sometimes.
It's why town gets many times more members than scum; you HAVE to be able to be wrong sometimes, to eventually catch scum. I was wrong. You were wrong. Five of us were wrong, but that's part of the game. Now we use that information to do better today, hopefully, but I don't see how putting me at L-1 within 72 hours is going to help. This is basically a continuation of Haylen's OMGUS from D1, carried on by either scum or sheepish townies. And surprise surprise, we're not discussing anything but me right now, allowing everybody else to slip under the radar. Lynch wrong today and you only get one more chance.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Beefster »

I thought I might be the kill because I was one of the more pro-town players in the game. It strikes me as odd that the mafia would kill a lurker.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sorry, that should be "I realise now that voting Haylen was a mistake."

Also, you're not on L-1. I unvoted to give you a chance to explain yourself. You've still not really defended yourself, you're just telling us what we're doing wrong. Cast suspicion on someone else if you don't want to go back to L-1, or show me why I'm wrong.

So basically we should ignore everyone else's play because they're now dead? Seems like a fruitless exercise to me-If we're agreeing to what Haylen said, why does that mean you can't then argue against us, if we have the same train of thought. Plus, if someone says "I didn't say that," especially if they've already posted in agreement to whatever "that" is, then they have like...zero defense, and that'd be a scummy thing to say.

I've already outlined the reasons why I think you're scum, and you at least refuted one of those ones-the tunnelling. Which is why I'm continuing not to vote, until I've looked at other people. Stop getting so defensive when you're only at L-2, and help find someone else, otherwise you're probably going to get lynched.

I think most of us are probably aware of the consequences of lynching wrongly today, we don't need you to reiterate it again.

I was entirely wrong on Day 1, I admit that. I just went with the player who was acting most suspicious, in my eyes, and that was Haylen.

Y'know, I'm slightly suspicious of Beefster. His latest post doesn't really say anything at all...

More suspicious of Kov, though. He's gone from being really active on Day 1 to saying next to nothin today, whilst we all wagon on Flay and Zajnet. I think we need to take a closer look at Kov.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by CSL »

The Daily Vote Count

Mr. Flay (2) jmurph3, Zajnet

Zajnet (2) Earlder1, Beefster

Earlder1 (1) Kov

Not Voting: Mr. Flay

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Mr. Flay is on a perpetual V/LA status

jmurph3 is V/LA until August 10th

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Nexus wrote:Also, you're not on L-1. I unvoted to give you a chance to explain yourself. You've still not really defended yourself, you're just telling us what we're doing wrong. Cast suspicion on someone else if you don't want to go back to L-1, or show me why I'm wrong.
I thought that's what I was doing? I strongly think Zajnet is scum, but I'm not voting him because I think it's too early to put someone at L-1. It was probably a little unclear from my wall post the other night, it was 3 in the morning by the time I finished up. I'm also unclear about who his partner could be. Reread my post though and you'll see what I think, I've already laid that out I feel.

As for not being at L-1, that's a technicality. I WAS at L-1 and you only unvoted for technical reasons, so there's still enough committed votes for L-1. That's a dangerous position for me to be in, especially since I hadn't really been able to post until yesterday early morning.
Nexus wrote:Sorry, that should be "I realise now that voting Haylen was a mistake."
Why is it a 'mistake'? I realize you're relatively new to the game, but if you get buyer's remorse on every lynch, it's going to look bad. Don't vote someone unless you think they're scum, but don't regret your decision once you do so, either (unless somebody shows you the error of your logic). You're waffling on whether you actually thought Haylen was scum, and said you might vote for Zajnet, but didn't end up doing so. That's one reason I consider you one of his possible partners.
Nexus wrote:So basically we should ignore everyone else's play because they're now dead? Seems like a fruitless exercise to me-If we're agreeing to what Haylen said, why does that mean you can't then argue against us, if we have the same train of thought.
I dunno, maybe play has changed since the last time I really got to play, but using someone else's words seems lazy. I don't like Zajnet's absence yesterday combined with a sudden appearance and aggressiveness today. You I have somewhat less of a problem with.
Nexus wrote:I've already outlined the reasons why I think you're scum, and you at least refuted one of those ones-the tunnelling. Which is why I'm continuing not to vote, until I've looked at other people. Stop getting so defensive when you're only at L-2, and help find someone else, otherwise you're probably going to get lynched.
OK. That last post was compressing all of the D2 suspicion on me into one post and I perhaps overreacted.

So this isn't entirely a response to other people: I'm currently leaning Zajnet-Beefster. Zajnet-Nexus is much less likely, though they're both actively coming out against me today (despite Nexus voting much the same as me yesterday) so it's hard for me to be unbiased on this. Kov is too silent. I want to hear Earlder1's reread, but he gets points for being willing to look at more than just me. I don't think he's scum. I still don't think jmurph3 is scum, and in fact is the player I am most surprised to see alive today.

Actually, Kov is acting weird, even for him (her?). The one post Kov made today attacks jmurph3 in the first part with a buddying attack, but then votes Earlder1 for lurking. And now Kov is lurking...
VOTE: Kov

Mod: Prod Kov?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Argh, that post looks stupid. I'm voting Kov because he's NOT at the top of the voting queue and I don't want to limit myself to just tunnelling on Zajnet. I'm perfectly willing to lynch Zajnet, just not this soon. Does that make sense?

FOS: Zajnet in big blinking 72pt font...
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 am

Post by CSL »

Kov has been prodded.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

QFT on Kov. In fact, I think I'll give him more of an incentive to post...

Unvote: Zajnet; Vote: Kov

As for Nexus, holy smokes. His play is so pompous and assuming.

"It's already been discussed that I am scum, and I've refuted them over and over again."

Self-righteous much?

"Stop getting so defensive when you're only at L-2, and help find someone else, otherwise you're probably going to get lynched".

That seems like such a threat to Flay. Are you threatening him? Is he really gonna get lynched if he doesn't do what you suggest? Jeez.

I hate Nexus' play, but I cannot see a Newb scum posting like this. It's way too assertive and cocky. I can't picture someone new to the forum posting like this as scum. This seems like an experienced Ythill or Incognito kind of post. I think it's more of a play style disdain when it comes to Nexus than actually thinking he is scummy. I'll look more into this when I reread.
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Nexus »

Sorry. I just don't see the point in re-explaining myself over and over, especially when people don't seem to listen anyway. So I lost my temper.

It's not a threat, I was merely pointing out the way I see it: if Flay continues to be really defensive, and just argue, it's probably not going to help him, I don't mean it to be like "talk or you're gonna die..." because I don't really have any control over that.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:28 am

Post by CSL »

Kov has 3 hours before I start finding a replacement.

I have no idea what the hell happened, but Nexus here just saved your asses from losing a day from your current deadline. Get posting.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Zajnet »

CSL wrote:I have no idea what the hell happened, but Nexus here just saved your asses from losing a day from your current deadline. Get posting.[/b][/color]
:eek:

I still think Nexus is town, and I can't figure out if I think Earlder is town or scum.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Earlder1 »

Come on Zaj. You have to say more than that. Build a case. What makes Nexus scummy? What makes you think I may be scummy? Let it all out, preferably in more than 2-3 sentences...

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:59 am

Post by CSL »

Wow. MapleStory takes alot of time.

Replacing Kov.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:59 am

Post by CSL »

singersigner replaces Kov. Effective immediately.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:11 am

Post by singersigner »

20 pages? Oof dah. I'll get on that straight away!

See you soon!
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

So...I'm on page 10...but will hold off on posting thoughts (dividing what's happened between the days) until I'm done. I am taking notes, though. :)

Also...this kind of just seems the general feel of the players in the game, but it
does
seem to be a little slow. Is there any particular reason for no activity all weekend (other than Nexus)?

I like tomatoes.
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

I feel like I've been keeping up. I check the thread multiple times a day post when someone replies or says something. It was a bit ridiculous that I posted on Friday and no one posted a thing til Sunday. People are supposed to post daily, right?

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok, so I'm finally caught up (yay!), and I've decided that all I've got from Day 1 is fluff, so for now, that's just staying in my notes, and when relevant, I have them to reference.

As for Day 2, I'm posting my thoughts as I've read through the thread, so bare with me as some of the things might have been touched upon already, or it looks like I'm answering my own questions in my own post.
DAY 2:
jmurph3 post #445 wrote:Also, Beefster, I expected Mr. Flay as IC to die as well, which is making me suspicious of him still being alive.
I think Flay still being alive as the IC is a null-tell, to be honest. Using it as a basis for a case against him is WIFOM (as Beefster said), but I’ll look forward to more substantial evidence against him, since you’re right, it does create suspicion.
beefster post #455 wrote:Additionally, it seems odd that yesterday, Zaj was tunneling (more or less) on jmurph, then Haylen. Now he's totally changed targets to Flay. Seems pretty opportunistic to me.
I agree. But still, not enough reason to not focus on Flay, seeing as he’s presented some questionable content all the same. Possible Zaj/Flay scumbuddy?

@ Nexus...I don’t disagree with your post 460 about Flay; however, he did have a case on Haylen. Whether it was right or not, you can’t deny she was starting to reek of scummy behavior (which unless you’re obvtown, is bound to happen at one point or another while
actively
scum-hunting). Remember, the town:mafia ratio shows that town will almost inevitably make a few mistakes here and there. You voted for Haylen, too, did you not?
edit: you addressed this later

jmurph3 wrote:I don't understand this. I guess I don't understand where you're coming from. Nowhere has Flay stuck out as such a pro-town player that we risk things by investigating his play at this point.
I agree with your response to Beefster. There’s no reason why we can’t investigate everyone at this point
Voting for Haylen, at least to me, didn't seem like a bad thing at the time, but we have to remember that there's been added information now. Especially because of Flay's first content-filled post I feel like he was steering town in a direction
uh, yeah, isn’t that what making a case against someone is about? Showing that there are legitimate reasons to think someone is scum?
, and truthfully, I fell for it.
I hope everyone can take responsibility for this, instead of blaming a Flay-herd. If he didn’t have a legitimate case, you guys wouldn’t have followed him, and he wouldn’t have voted for her
Still, it's not just the mislynch on Haylen that drives my vote. There's the way I felt he was fishing for power roles. I also don't like the way he was tunneling (which he will probably deny). Granted, we all kind of jumped at Haylen, but I feel like he was really the one who started it and carried it through to completion. And there's the fact that he never took his vote off of her.
False. He did to provide room for her to explain/not giving scum an opportunity to hammer
There's just a lot of reasons why I really don't trust him at the moment and would like to hear an actual response from him instead of brushing off the case against him like it's strictly because of the Haylen mislynch.
The problem is that you haven’t exactly given very legitimate reasons eitherIf you can’t find another reason to vote for Flay other than his mistake with Haylen, I’d stop right there.
This is the more substantial posting I was looking for earlier:
jmurphy3: post 470 I agree with everything except the part about blaming Flay for your voting for Haylen. You can’t blame him for your mislynch. Y’all had to make that decision yourselves, as well as the next however many decisions it takes to find scum. Flay's post 477 shows you exactly why you needed to take responsibility for your vote (Nexus later does this, woo!). Her play became scummier as it went on, and I don’t think Mr. Flay’s tunneling should’ve caused her to choke and start acting irrationally. It’s unfortunate for us that she did this, because it wasn’t very pro-town.

Mr. Flay…for an IC, you sure are starting to seem emotional when the pressure is being put on you. I don’t understand this.

Final thoughts:
-I don't like how Zajnet has been lurking, only to pop up once an
FoS
has been put on him (I know no one did this, but I interpreted your earlier votes as such, and I'm actually FoSing him now).
-Flay, don't get caught in the same trap as Haylen (i.e. getting too emotional when pressured). I'd hate to see another mislynch if that is the case. If you're scum, believe me, we'll find out without your floundering. I'm gunna have to put an
FoS: Mr. Flay
on you, since I don't feel as though you've been explaining yourself very effectively.
-Nexus...I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but all during Day 1 you came across as "obv newb scum" to me (which
of course
means you're town :roll: ). This doesn't mean I actually think you're scum (yet...I think it's more due to the fact that you're newb than scum), but it does mean I think you're a malleable learner to change your Day 2 play so quickly (due to coaching? I don't know).
-jmurph...you seem to be doing the same thing I did in Newbie 974 with blaming someone else for tunneling/making a case that seemsvalidbutinhindsightit'snot/ahhhh influencing you; however, you're an SE if I'm not mistaken, so I would expect more from you. Though the person I blamed flipped scum, so that might have some merit, too. Scum are tricksy little hobbitses, and anyone who acts as such are not to be trusted.

I can’t honestly see why Kov would put a vote on Earlder right now with no explanation. I’ll delve into it myself and form my own opinion, so UNVOTE: Earlder1.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oof, you'd think that by reading the warning so many times, I wouldn't forget...

EBWOP:
UNVOTE: Earlder1

I like tomatoes.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

UNVOTE: Kov/singersinger
*sigh* That explains the sudden silence... welcome singer!

Zajnet, seriously. POST MOAR PLZ. You and I are the primary suspects right now and it's unfair to the game (and each other) if we don't post. I accept that I didn't do a good job myself this weekend, I checked the thread a couple of times and nothing of substance happened, until yesterday afternoon when I was out of the house pretty much all day... :roll:
singersigner wrote:Mr. Flay…for an IC, you sure are starting to seem emotional when the pressure is being put on you. I don’t understand this.
There's a hopefully-soon-to-be-finished game that I'm dead in right now that I'll link you to when it's over, if we're still here discussing this. I'm 'emotional' right now because I'm busy and stressed and probably shouldn't be playing. Even still, I'm not really sure what you're seeing as emotional - can you provide examples? The one thing I can think of was my opening posts of Day 2.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”