Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Leech »

LmL wrote:Outdated? Hardly. The only reason I had brought up the "good old days" was that, on page one (and if you would have read that, you would have seen it), I was being semi-bandwagoned for typing in "Random Vote."

There. Now that I read for you, need a spoonfeeding too?
Well if you're going to read for me, you may want to work on your comprehension. You had a single vote on you for your usage of the word "random." Nexus stated to vote you for you being Rusty, and Prana voted for you, apparently, to draw out opportunistic scum. (The irony here is that his vote comes off as an opportunistic vote.) So I really fail to see how it was a mini-wagon because of your usage of the word "random" that apparently only a single person even questioned. I wouldn't oppose a spoonfeeding, either, as long as you make plane sounds while you wave the spoon around.

My point is, you even explained that your "third person on the wagon" objection was that it was one of the easiest tells "back in the day." The fact that it was so common knowledge should lead you to believe that scum just might avoid doing that in games, now. In fact I can think of numerous occasions where I've been the third vote on a wagon in a town role. I do not think that is a viable tell for scum anymore. It may have been back in the day, but I really don't think it still applies. However, I do feel that Prana's vote was opportunistic, and I'm not sure I buy into his explanation for wagoning. Opportunistically voting, for the sake of catching an opportunistic vote, is counter-productive.
ConfidAnno wrote:No, I am pushing for your lynch based on the curious comment after you said you tried to start a bandwagon. It seems, to me at least, that the only motivation to call something out as "curious" is to leave it open as an avenue of suspicion. This is hypocritical in regards to you wanting to start a bandwagon.
His vote was opportunistic, for sure, but you are actually stating you're pushing for a lynch? That seems a bit excessive. It's one thing to pursue a lead, but to state that you are actively pushing for a lynch at this phase of the game is insane.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Xite91 »

PranaDevil wrote:Not got a clue where Xite is going anymore. I don't believe Nexus is scum after that post that Xite is claiming to have seen something in. How's about giving us your information rather than expecting us to play "guess the scumminess"?
you knew where i was going in the first place?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Saga
Saga
Townie
Saga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Saga »

Xite91 wrote:Ironically, this post was right after it;
Xite91 wrote:I think it has something to do with the suspicion on you. I dunno, you two just seem to be scum-distancing to me (Of course it's RVS, so I'm waiting to actually vote you until you do something vote-worthy. Also, I've always wanted to lynch a commie :P )

Preview edit - Already on it
Wrong. Completely wrong. My post was 1 minute before you posted. Then you said "preview edit" which was obviously going to be my answer. Don't go "I answered it lolz". Then what was the preview edit about?
I'm going to ignore that as a part of the case, becuase Mr.Old Timer, there are plenty of times that I'll just facepalm at someone asking stupid questions, then I'll answer the stupid question, whether it was directed at me or not, I know others to do that too. Also, what if he were to try and push a lynch on me? Then come to find out that I actually DID answer the question. I'm more apt to believe that Saga is scum based on this than Prana, unless he's coaching Saga, but eh /shrug
/buddying and attacking the person who attacked Prana. Which is moar buddying. /audienceclappingplz

Hey if you do it why can't I?

(By the way are you male or female? Just so you won't think I'm an idiot.)
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Xite91 »

Saga wrote:
Xite91 wrote:Ironically, this post was right after it;
Xite91 wrote:I think it has something to do with the suspicion on you.
I dunno, you two just seem to be scum-distancing to me
(Of course it's RVS, so I'm waiting to actually vote you until you do something vote-worthy. Also, I've always wanted to lynch a commie :P )

Preview edit - Already on it
1) Wrong. Completely wrong. My post was 1 minute before you posted. Then you said "preview edit" which was obviously going to be my answer. Don't go "I answered it lolz". Then what was the preview edit about?
I'm going to ignore that as a part of the case, becuase Mr.Old Timer, there are plenty of times that I'll just facepalm at someone asking stupid questions, then I'll answer the stupid question, whether it was directed at me or not, I know others to do that too. Also, what if he were to try and push a lynch on me? Then come to find out that I actually DID answer the question. I'm more apt to believe that Saga is scum based on this than Prana, unless he's coaching Saga, but eh /shrug
2) /buddying and attacking the person who attacked Prana. Which is moar buddying. /audienceclappingplz

3) Hey if you do it why can't I?

4) (By the way are you male or female? Just so you won't think I'm an idiot.)
1) See bolded. Also,didnt you even say you knew I said that somewhere?
2) Uhm, huh? Explain plox
3) Do what?
4) Take your pick, I never disclosed that to anyone, but if you read my games, you might figure it out. I like to laugh when people get it wrong so I don't say it, also no one else knows, so you won't look like one
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Xite91 »

Xite91 wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Not got a clue where Xite is going anymore. I don't believe Nexus is scum after that post that Xite is claiming to have seen something in. How's about giving us your information rather than expecting us to play "guess the scumminess"?
you knew where i was going in the first place?
Oh, also, does this mean you think I'm scum? Can you please clarify these things, so that people can see who starts what. That is important scum information IIRC
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Xite, want to actually show us where the scummy factor was in Nexus' post yet, or we still playing the guessing game? After all, why should I clarify anything if you can't be arsed?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:24 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

PranaDevil wrote:lol what?

I don't even know where you're going with that one... it is the same, because we were both after the reactions of people. However you said you wanted to start a random wagon. That obviously shows that you had no clue if the player was scum (or knew they weren't ;) ) and so no right minded scum would fall into that trap, as was already said it reads exceptionally like "I don't want to be responsible for my actions so I'll claim I'm voting randomly".
Ok, I see what you mean.
Unvote

I wasn't fully following your line of thought.
Leech wrote:His vote was opportunistic, for sure, but you are actually stating you're pushing for a lynch? That seems a bit excessive. It's one thing to pursue a lead, but to state that you are actively pushing for a lynch at this phase of the game is insane.
Wrong wording, perhaps. I don't intend to push for a lynch this early, but I did suspect him.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Xite91 »

PranaDevil wrote:Xite, want to actually show us where the scummy factor was in Nexus' post yet, or we still playing the guessing game? After all, why should I clarify anything if you can't be arsed?
*Sigh* do I have to do everything?
It's not that hard to catch

K so I'll start with showing you Nexus' post
Nexus wrote:I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with iamusername.

CA, I find it very odd you switched your vote from Lee, which had three people on it, to another person. That's just prolonging the RVS, especially because your reasoning's been sketchy.

Plus, your bandwagons aren't achieving anything but put you under suspicion. So,
FoS:ConfidAnon

In other news, I nostalgia'd at your avatar.
First thing's first

Here's username's post
iamausername wrote:CA, you say you are just trying to get a bandwagon going on anyone, but... you moved your vote away from LML, who had several other votes, and who you had actually given some kind of reason to vote onto Leech, who had no other votes for no reason. Why on earth would you think that that is an effective way of getting a bandwagon going?

And why are you just trying to get a random wagon going anyway when there are clearly actual serious cases being made in the game?

The way I see it, all this "I'm just trying to get a wagon going" stuff is just an excuse to avoid accountability for your votes, and I'm not going to stand for that.
First point Nexus uses - An almost replica of username's, yes, (s)he said, I agree, but then she furthers it a bit by saying that it's just prolonging RVS.

Now as she said this, it was page 3, which is still somewhat short for RVS
Also, it took us a bit more out of RVS
And it had nothing to do with what anyone else had said, so it wasn't just an oh, i agree point.
This, my friends, is her making a case someone else has made, but to make it seem like her own, tacking on a point that really doesn't add to much.

Does the same thing
again
as before, this time adding an FoS but not a vote. Why is that Nexus? Are you too afraid to hop on the wagon, but want a placeholder in case it goes anywhere?

Next, she seems to be going ohai, this person has suspicion on them, lets throw down a bit more and see where it goes.

All in all, that post was extremely scummy
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm a guy :/

I generally FoS before actually voting, that's how I play. Except in RVS, which case it's pretty pointless to FoS.

I can't really add much more when there isn't much more to add. Sorry about that.
Trans rights are human rights.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

ConfidAnon
-3- Korashk, iamausername, PranaDevil
PranaDevil
-1- LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
-1- Nexus
dalt54321
-1- Saga
iamausername
-1- havingfitz
havingfitz
-1- Leech
Korashk
-1- dalt54321
Nexus
-1- Xite91

Not Voting:
commieB, ConfidAnon

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I'm not seeing it Xite, but then Nexus is playing mafia because I brought it to another forum recently, and he's jumped here to play more games too. There is zero RVS there as it stands (Everyone's scared about being lynched it would appear), so Nexus isn't used to RVS to begin with, so a 3 page RVS would be rather long to him. So it's a null tell to me purely because of current meta from the site he transferred from.

Also, we're only onto our 3rd/4th (running simultaneously) games on the other forum, and Nexus only started up in the second. So he's also pretty new, thus I'm not going to be calling stuff that is generally just noob stuff as scummy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Battousai »

commieB has requested replacement.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

Nexus wrote:I'm a guy :/

I generally FoS before actually voting, that's how I play. Except in RVS, which case it's pretty pointless to FoS.

I can't really add much more when there isn't much more to add. Sorry about that.
Sorry, will remember that
I FoS'd in RVS, and completely seriously, too. I don't find it pointless.
If that were the case, then you should say you agree and vote, not you agree, restate everything he said, add useless points, then vote. That's what made you seem scummy to me
PranaDevil wrote:I'm not seeing it Xite, but then Nexus is playing mafia because I brought it to another forum recently, and he's jumped here to play more games too. There is zero RVS there as it stands (Everyone's scared about being lynched it would appear), so Nexus isn't used to RVS to begin with, so a 3 page RVS would be rather long to him. So it's a null tell to me purely because of current meta from the site he transferred from.

Also, we're only onto our 3rd/4th (running simultaneously) games on the other forum, and Nexus only started up in the second. So he's also pretty new, thus I'm not going to be calling stuff that is generally just noob stuff as scummy.
Well, it's only a small scumtell in that case, but honestly, he's the scummiest person IMO at the moment, unless (as I said) CA and LmL really are distancing, but I don't think it would be made that obvious. Also, you are a slight bit scummy, but to me it's less than Nexus' post.

Here, I'll give my scumlist that is based -mostly- on gut

Saga
Nexus
Havingfitz

Based more on info

CA
LmL
Prana

^Only thing is that I can find all sorts of WIFOM and excuses for those, NtM that I could be being a slight bit influenced by the rest of the group at this point with those 3, which coincidentally are mostly those 3 because they're so goddam active. Seriously guys, this game only started what 1,2 days ago? I love the activity, but try not to burn everyone else out when they try to read the game
Battousai wrote:
commieB has requested replacement.
But why commie? Was I too harsh :(
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:37 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Active? I thought I was being less active than normal for me considering I'm modding 2 games elsewhere, playing in two on here, and a third on another site, and was busy all of today. I guess I do have a lot of free time at the moment so, so it's not all that surprising.

Still, not surprised I'm viewed as scummy, I tend to take the view that I'd rather come off scummy initially to get discussion going, than potentially have a long drawn out RVS.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Prana, I agree on that viewpoint, hence the reason I'm more trusting my gut reactions right now
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Unvote

LML...what does being one of the more active posters (not me obv) indicate to you? Is it scummy? Townish? Null?

I need to do another read now that we have a few pages to go on. X91 is catching my attention a bit atm. No one is suspicious enough though to get my vote until my re-read.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Interesting that Im catching your attention after I say that I think you're scum
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by iamausername »

ConfidAnon wrote: Coincidentally, the only actual cases I see are the ones that LmL has made on myself and Prana.
You're not paying very good attention then.
PranaDevil wrote:It's interesting to note that the second that is pointed out he is strongly pushing for my lynch. I would go so far as to say that CA is actually trying to push for my lynch now because he was caught out, and can no longer hide behind the random voting.
^5
ConfidAnon wrote: Wrong wording, perhaps. I don't intend to push for a lynch this early, but I did suspect him.
Pssssssssssshyeah. I think you need to go see the wizard, and ask him for some courage, dude.
Nexus wrote: I generally FoS before actually voting, that's how I play.
This is an awful way to play, and you should stop. Just FYI.

Xite, I get where you're coming from here, but I'm just not feeling the scumminess from Nexus. I think you're equating typical bad newbie habits with scumminess, and the correlation just isn't really there. Much as I would love the use of FoSing without a vote somewhere else to be a lynch-on-sight offence.
Xite91 wrote: Here, I'll give my scumlist that is based -mostly- on gut

Saga
Nexus
Havingfitz
No Korashk? What happened to this?
Xite91 wrote:
Korashk wrote:I'll try and keep updated vote counts, because I like having that information readily available.
My scum-senses are tingling
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Xite91 »

iamausername wrote:^5
?
iamausername wrote: Xite, I get where you're coming from here, but I'm just not feeling the scumminess from Nexus. I think you're equating typical bad newbie habits with scumminess, and the correlation just isn't really there. Much as I would love the use of FoSing without a vote somewhere else to be a lynch-on-sight offence.
That wasn't the only reason. Yes, I see the noobiness, but I still believe it's more noobscum than just noob.
iamausername wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Here, I'll give my scumlist that is based -mostly- on gut

Saga
Nexus
Havingfitz
No Korashk? What happened to this?
Xite91 wrote:
Korashk wrote:I'll try and keep updated vote counts, because I like having that information readily available.
My scum-senses are tingling
Oh, yeah, I forgot he was even in this game. But no, that was just an observation of the odd. It seems scummy when players keep votecounts. It's hard to explain why though
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

Xite91 wrote:
iamausername wrote:^5
?
^ = High

I hope you can figure out the rest.

It means I agree with the quoted post.
Xite91 wrote:It seems scummy when players keep votecounts. It's hard to explain why though
Well, it is a textbook example of IIoA.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Nope, can you explain it further? ;P

Well of course, that much I knew, but I don't know, there's more to it than that, but maybe just a few separate cases of such. Iunno, can't figure it out, it just seemed, as I said, odd to me
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Leech, I have a feeling that we're gonna be close friends.

Even back when I was playing regularly, the 3rd vote wasn't a strong scumtell... I like looking at voting patterns, and I used to be pretty good. (Way back when, I did win a scummy). I'm nowhere near where I was.

I first need to apologize to you (and I hope you enjoyed my sarcastic opening), as I guess I just felt attacked from the get-go from something that was out of my control, and I overreacted. My spoonfeeding comment was rude, and I humbly offer an apology.

I need some time to reread everything (as I seemed to miss a lot of posts) and will do so tomorrow. For now, to answer the question posed..
HF wrote:LML...what does being one of the more active posters (not me obv) indicate to you? Is it scummy? Townish? Null?
The answer to that is none of the above. It's a non-tell that actually gets over-posters lynched based on the fact that they're saying more. The more someone posts, the more someone can pick apart what they say and spin it.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Battousai »

Lateralus22 replaces commieB, effective immediately!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Xite91 »

OHAI LAT!
Great to see that you're back in games :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: dalt54321
for trying to come across so helpless, ex.
"so i really don't know whats going on yet,"
lying about this being his/her first game (http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... 2#p1196368) and making simple errors which IMO are intended to convey a sense of being helpless, i.e.getting the length of the first day wrong (granted it could be bad math) and just highting the name saga in the initial vote despite having used the proper format in previous games (once again...http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... 2#p1196368).

Xite...my comments regarding you catching my attention were more due to the fact you seem to be one of the more active posters and had engaged me directly. My reread did not reveal anything that jumped out att. But I'm watching you.

Aside from the voted suspect...my reread also left me a bit suspicious of Prana. I'll effort to confirm/support those suspicions but for now my vote should be enough.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”