Tenchi (1) -- SpyreX
Kinetic (3) -- vollkan, Slicey, curiouskarmadog
mykonian (1) -- q21
q21 (5) -- Ojanen, mykonian, Empking, populartajo, imaginality
Incognito (1) -- Hoopla
Hoopla (1) -- Tenchi
SpyreX (1) -- Incognito

Not voting -- nobody!

15 alive, 8 to lynch. Remember that Day One will end on August 10th.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Slicey »

SpyreX, you think Incog is town correct? So how is it that I posted
one line
that was similar to what he posted make me scummy? Your case makes no sense.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 am

Post by imaginality »

I think I see SpyreX's case, but it's pretty weak in my opinion due to your iso1 (143) coming between Incognito's iso7 (132) and your iso2 (176). If your iso2 was in post 143 then the echoed reason for voting Kinetic would look a touch opportunistic which is kinda what it seems to me SpyreX is suggesting.

SpyreX, do you have more against Slicey or is it mostly a gut read plus your argument that there's scum somewhere on the Kinetic wagon?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Kinetic »

unvote; vote q21

I don't have much time right now so I can't respond to everything directly.

Something is tweaking me about imaginality's posts, I'll need to re-read them sooner or later.

Deadline is approaching, and since I will be moving on that day (and semi VLA from now until about the 11th) I want to move my vote in order to assist with what I feel is a good lynch. I still think we should get Empking down, but I don't believe the support is there and at this point I think everything has been said and re-said.

Anyway, my vote is there, I will be at least keeping up by reading during the next couple days so I'll be able to move my vote, but don't expect too much participation until I'm settled in at my new apartment.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, do you have more against Slicey or is it mostly a gut read plus your argument that there's scum somewhere on the Kinetic wagon?
Its mostly gut. Although the response of "If you think he's town and I mimicked him thus I'm town" fairly clearly illustrates the point I was making and why I've got that gut read.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Empking »

Spyrex why didnt u vote q21 if u want a lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:31 am

Post by q21 »

Apologies for the disappearance, real life crept up and kicked me in the ass.

Just finished my second 30+ hour day in succession, will read up the thread over the weekend and post properly later.

For now... is time to go sleepies for about 15 hours.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: q21

I'm not super sold but I want a lynch in.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vollkan, yes, it's legitimate to ask what the survey will accomplish IF you actually fill out the survey or IF you suspect Hoopla for posting the survey. Neither appeared to be the case.
Vollkan wrote:2) It's pretty ridiculous that you would interpret my actions as scum-motivated cautiousness because I didn't "know what Hoopla was looking for". Every single one of his questions was clear in what it meant and my actions are entirely explicable as a genuine inquiry as to the point of Hoopla's survey. You've provided absolutely no explanation as to why it is better to interpret my actions as scum-motivated.
If this is true, why did you ask the question in the first place?
Vollkan wrote:Ignoring for starters the fact that, if you had any decent reasons for thinking that I "may be scum" (which, objectively, applies to everybody, thus making it useless), you should have said them yourself rather than waiting for a "request", it's nothing short of ridiculous that you would now attack me because I didn't "ask" you to explain yourself with a question-mark, rather than doing as I did which was attacking a seemingly redundant statement by you.
The point is that you were quick to pull the trigger on me without really inquiring what it was that I had on you. It's like shooting me with a pistol because you see me holding what may be another pistol or may be a squirt gun.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I'm not totally opposed to q21's lynch, despite it not being one of my first choices. If he does get lynched, I will not be endorsing any other lynch for today - this wagon has enough information to base a solid Day 2 on.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

about a page and half behind, not usually an issue, but the post are giant...hopefully will be able to update this game by Monday
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 229, SpyreX wrote:Its mostly gut. Although the response of "If you think he's town and I mimicked him thus I'm town" fairly clearly illustrates the point I was making and why I've got that gut read.
Your paraphrasing here is pretty different from what he actually said though. I'm not speaking for Slicey here, but I'm not even entirely sure his usage of the same terminology as me was even purposely done - I can't see why you automatically assumed it was rather than just questioning him on it and asking if it was a line that came from his own mind when writing it or if he just copy-pasted what I wrote.

-~-~-~-~-~

If q21's town, he needs to do a damn good job in the next few days trying to convince us to lynch someone other than him. Deadline's gonna be here in 3 days. I personally don't have much of a read of him. My major qualm about this wagon though is that it has the 3 people who I'm most suspicious of on it.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, you think Incog is town correct? So how is it that I posted one line that was similar to what he posted make me scummy? Your case makes no sense.
I'm pretty sure my paraphrasing is what he
said
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Votecount

vollkan (1) -- Kmd4390
Kinetic (3) -- vollkan, Slicey, curiouskarmadog
mykonian (1) -- q21
q21 (7) -- Ojanen, mykonian, Empking, populartajo, imaginality, Kinetic, SpyreX
Incognito (1) -- Hoopla
Hoopla (1) -- Tenchi
SpyreX (1) -- Incognito

Not voting -- nobody!

15 alive, 8 to lynch. Remember that Day One will end on August 10th.
Retired as of October 2014.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I think it's got to the point where there aren't really any other options besides q21. He needs to claim ASAP, because I don't like the possibility of having to scramble for a different lynch with 24 hours until deadline.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Ojanen »

I'll be back from limited access status tonight.
I hatehatehate the dormant thread (while I acknowledge my LA to have contributed to that lately).
I do not like the shape of the later wagon. It was gut until I realized the thing that was bugging me: who's bussing, is anyone looking good? I'm not as keen on the q21 lynch as I used to be (q21's disappearance doesn't make sense as stalling either here especially after the no-content peek, thus makes sense as not caring that much to be lynched).

Incognito said he can kinda see the merit behind the wagon when it first started, but that he was feeling lonely with his Kinetic vote. Now he said he doesn't really have a read on q21. That could be a scumbag who sees he doesn't need to tarnish himself by being on a townlynch if q21 is town after all.

Feeling conflicted, but not sure how realistic another lynch is at this point, unless I see some life out there and soon. Will be back on tonight.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

Ojanen, will you help me support a last ditch effort at an Incognito wagon? I think we just need another couple of players to make it a viable option.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 240, Ojanen wrote:Incognito said he can kinda see the merit behind the wagon when it first started, but that he was feeling lonely with his Kinetic vote. Now he said he doesn't really have a read on q21. That could be a scumbag who sees he doesn't need to tarnish himself by being on a townlynch if q21 is town after all.
Yeah, I could initially but then I got a bad feeling about populartajo who's gone AWOL since he placed his vote on q21, and I began to second-guess whether or not this wagon was actually on scum. SpyreX is another one who gave me bad vibes. Your first paragraph basically outlines my opinion pretty strongly - I don't like the shape of the later wagon.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 am

Post by vollkan »

SpyreX wrote: Using the same terminology without referencing it is sneaky and dirty pool.
This makes no sense to me; and since it is coming from you that surprises me. I don't have any evidence to back me up on this, but I would be very surprised if "I haven't liked anything X has said", and variations thereon, are not commonly said in this game. Why is what Slicey did scummy?
Slicey wrote: SpyreX, you think Incog is town correct? So how is it that I posted one line that was similar to what he posted make me scummy? Your case makes no sense.
Why is SpyreX thinking Incog town relevant? I agree that he has failed to make it clear why your pseudo-repetition was scummy, but I'm not sure why the fact he thinks Incog is town has any bearing on that.
Kmd wrote: Vollkan, yes, it's legitimate to ask what the survey will accomplish IF you actually fill out the survey or IF you suspect Hoopla for posting the survey. Neither appeared to be the case.
I can't see at all why completing the survey (which I have said from the outset that I thought to be pointless) is a precondition for it being legitimate to question Hoopla's motivation.
Kmd wrote:
Vollkan wrote: 2) It's pretty ridiculous that you would interpret my actions as scum-motivated cautiousness because I didn't "know what Hoopla was looking for". Every single one of his questions was clear in what it meant and my actions are entirely explicable as a genuine inquiry as to the point of Hoopla's survey. You've provided absolutely no explanation as to why it is better to interpret my actions as scum-motivated.
If this is true, why did you ask the question in the first place?
You accused me of being cautious and questioning Hoopla to try and work out what he was looking for. I rebutted that in the quote above by pointing out that the questions were plain in meaning so there would be no need for scum-vollkan to do that. It was obvious what Hoopla was "looking for", in the sense that I could see what the 'information' (in quotation marks because I don't want to imply that any of it would be useful) that would come from the survey would be.

What wasn't obvious, and what I was trying to get at with my questioning of Hoopla, was why he thought the survey would be useful.
Kmd wrote:
Vollkan wrote: Ignoring for starters the fact that, if you had any decent reasons for thinking that I "may be scum" (which, objectively, applies to everybody, thus making it useless), you should have said them yourself rather than waiting for a "request", it's nothing short of ridiculous that you would now attack me because I didn't "ask" you to explain yourself with a question-mark, rather than doing as I did which was attacking a seemingly redundant statement by you.
The point is that you were quick to pull the trigger on me without really inquiring what it was that I had on you. It's like shooting me with a pistol because you see me holding what may be another pistol or may be a squirt gun.
As I just said, if you had any decent reasons you should have raised them yourself. It's not unreasonable that if you make an attack on me without any reasons, particularly when expressed in the meaningless form of "Vollkan might be scum", that I would dismiss you outright.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:39 am

Post by Ojanen »

Why not. I'm not pretending he isn't a question mark to me but upheaval yay and I'll be on enough to switch back to q or someone else after a reread in a bit if I deem it fit. I don't have a townread on him in any case. We need some damn action.

unvote q21
vote Incognito
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Incognito »

So... you ignore completely what I just said?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

HEY VOLLKAN.

VOTE INCOGNITO.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Hey Hoopla. What do you think of SpyreX and tajo?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Ojanen »

Incognito wrote:So... you ignore completely what I just said?
No, I saw what you wrote. I just think it could come from scum or town, didn't find the explanation alignment-enlightening. fits with you saying earlier you don't like 3 players on the wagon but not much more to glean from that. I disagree with your Spyrex hate btw.
I'm not even pretending to have written a case or similar fpr you to respond. I'll be back on later and reread and see if there's something to dialogue about or change my opinion stronger one way or another.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Incognito »

Why don't you agree with the SpyreX hate? What's he done that's town-ish?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”