Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Rena »

You can't be on a wagon if you're not voting. Also, if you've "scumhunted enough" and have already "nailed the scumteam", then why are you delaying the Lowell lynch? You've already found all the scum, so you should just be focused on lynching them, right?

And if you're just waiting for SD, then why aren't you giving him anything to come back to? No questioning, no new case, no nothing. In fact, the last post you made responding to Shadow Dancer was pretty much all nitpicky stuff...
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Exilon »

And it's stuff to which I want him to answer. That's what I want him to come back to, it's already there. Seriously, we have time. So what's the rush?
Feels like I've been here before.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Korashk »

xRx is a very aggressive player with an abrasive personality. This, to me, suggests that he is town. Mafia would likely tone down the abrasiveness in an attempt to not "rub others the wrong way."

This revelation leads me to think that Exilon is also town because of the association I made the other day. However I am less confident about this observation. He tends to have longer posts which explain things in great detail while being overly defensive.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Exilon »

Wait, since when is being fair to players and giving them a chance to catch up a bad thing?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
molestar wrote:Not particularly, no. I've not paid that much attention, but it seemed just like typical lowell, which isn't lynchworthy.
So scummy play is his norm which makes him not lynchworthy. Got it. :roll:
Precisely! I'm glad you understand.
His play being generally 'scummy' (in your opinion) doesn't influence his chance of being scum in this game.
...which means that it will be difficult to determine Lowell's alignment from his play alone, and thus we should look to his interactions with people. An example would be of known scum voting him early, then unvoting for no clear reason when the Lowell wagon got big. You're pretending as if Lowell having a scummy meta makes him immune from lynching.

Ex, fair enough. But I will say that I don't see how that point would make SD seem any more town/scum, regardless of what his response to it is. It just seems to me that you're stalling your scumbuddy's lynch to try to get a counterwagon on someone else...
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Korashk wrote:xRx is a very aggressive player with an abrasive personality. This, to me, suggests that he is town. Mafia would likely tone down the abrasiveness in an attempt to not "rub others the wrong way."
First of all your theory that Mafia would act in some way is WIFOM. Every player acts in their own individual manner.

Second if you don’t know Reck his play here is very subdued compared to how he usually acts.
molestar wrote:His play being generally 'scummy' (in your opinion) doesn't influence his chance of being scum in this game.
Nice mis-rep. I feel his play here, in this specific game, is scummy. Thus I am calling him scum. I don’t particularly care if his meta is scummy or not. I don’t let meta run my game.
Exilon wrote: Really? If I vote him, then we'll be at a danger of a quicklynch-ends day, which is not what I want. So I 'AM' (
did you ntoice the '' ? Guess not.
) in his wagon. What is there to scumhunt? My main suspicion is not around, join that with my other suspects and I pretty much have the whole scum team nailed down already. Of course my attitude changed, people only need to scumhunt when they have to look for scum, and at this point, I've searched enough. (Also blame real life stuff for the slight lack of participation.).
If you truly believed that you had the whole scum-team nailed down and that Lowell is not even your top suspect why aren’t you voting that person (who I assume to be Shadow)? If I was certain I’d found the whole 4 player scum-team I’d be posting their usernames in bold font once a page making sure everyone saw it. Or at least I would if I was Town.

Can you elaborate on what exactly the bolded portion of your statement is supposed to mean? I’ve read it 5 times and can’t make heads or tails of what you are saying.
Exilon wrote:Why would be not voting for my top candidate scummy? That simply does not make sense. And I'm not whining, I only stated that fact once. But do keep blowing things out of proportion, it makes your argument look amazing.
When you object to voting Lowell on the basis of ending the day early, then state that someone else is your top suspect and fail to vote for them it is indeed scummy. The only harm in moving your vote from Shadow to Lowell after Shadow’s return would be in leaving a clear voting trail. Only scum worry about that in this game. Yes, not being on record with a vote the entire day is scummy.
Exilon wrote:SD is scum.
Lowell is scum.
DavidParker is scum.
BrianJ was scum.

We need three scum caught to win out of five. They're all there. Wanna prove me wrong? Go ahead. What scumhunting is left to be done?
You say we need to catch 3 of 5 scum, then list 4 players and say “They’re all there”. 4 does not equal 5.

I think finding out who your two remaining partners (Lowell and yourself being the first 2 of 4) is a priority.

@MOD – if I’m missing this I will apologize – can we get a confirmation of the deadline for today?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, my play here is rather subdued. I've been getting most of my rage out in [redacted - ongoing game]. Also, with no Fate or SocioPath or Elli or anyone else to be all over the top and fucking ridiculous with, it's a lot less fun. Plus I made a decision at the start of this game to actually scumhunt (GASP WTF OMG ME? SCUMHUNTING?) and try to play a game correctly for the first time in forever.

Then whatever dickhead it was who pissed me off put me out of the mood.
green shirt thursdays
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Exilon »

Magna wrote: If you truly believed that you had the whole scum-team nailed down and that Lowell is not even your top suspect why aren’t you voting that person (who I assume to be Shadow)?
Cause we're not lynching Shadow today, we're lynching Lowell. And I also don't like to analyze voting paterns, this being one of the reasons and the other cause I don't really see those patterns. For me, having a vote on SD or not won't change anything. I'm talking about the air-quotes " ". "am" =/= am. I meant that even though I'm not voting Lowell for reasons stated, I "am" on Lowell's wagon.
Magna wrote: You say we need to catch 3 of 5 scum, then list 4 players and say “They’re all there”. 4 does not equal 5.
4 equals 3 plus one.
My argument still stands.
kthxbai.
Magna wrote: When you object to voting Lowell on the basis of ending the day early, then state that someone else is your top suspect and fail to vote for them it is indeed scummy. The only harm in moving your vote from Shadow to Lowell after Shadow’s return would be in leaving a clear voting trail. Only scum worry about that in this game. Yes, not being on record with a vote the entire day is scummy.
Vote: Shadow

AND YET NOTHING HAS CHANGED, HOW GREAT IS THIS HUH.
I think it is my turn to say "have you not learned anything from classic mafia"? Remember why I was dubbed scummy?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 am

Post by molestargazer »

molestargazer wrote:
Thief wrote:Lowell town usually reacts... much differently to a wagon on him.
Since you've used this as a reason to attack him, could you please show us an example and say why?
By the way Thief, you still haven't answered this.
Vote: Thief

I'll respond to everything about my Lowell posts when I'm feeling less groggy, they won't be ignored.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am

Exilon wrote:Cause we're not lynching Shadow today, we're lynching Lowell. And I also don't like to analyze voting paterns, this being one of the reasons and the other cause I don't really see those patterns. For me, having a vote on SD or not won't change anything. I'm talking about the air-quotes " ". "am" =/= am. I meant that even though I'm not voting Lowell for reasons stated, I "am" on Lowell's wagon.
I’m all for lynching Lowell (obv) but its not decided what we are doing until someone hits the lynch threshold.

Your like or dislike of vote pattern analysis really doesn’t have any effect on whether I find them useful. I do. The fact that you were acting in a manner that looks like purposeful avoidance of voting is scummy in my eyes.
Exilon wrote:4 equals 3 plus one.
My argument still stands.
kthxbai.
Then quite frankly your argument is stupid. You said you found all the scum. 4 scum is not all the scum. And I’m whelmed by your ‘case’ on those scum who are not Lowell or brianj. I guess I could work a classic 'setting up lynches' scum-tell argument here but I think that's overkill.
Exilon wrote:Vote: Shadow
AND YET NOTHING HAS CHANGED, HOW GREAT IS THIS HUH.
I think it is my turn to say "have you not learned anything from classic mafia"? Remember why I was dubbed scummy?
Yes something has changed. You were goaded into making a vote. The significance of that remains to be fully realized.

I remember clearly Classic Mafia. Go back and re-read your play there and tell me if it has any close resemblance at all to your play Day 2 here.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Korashk »

Magna wrote:Then quite frankly your argument is stupid. You said you found all the scum. 4 scum is not all the scum.
It kind of is. Remember how they killed one of their own.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 am

Korashk wrote:
Magna wrote:Then quite frankly your argument is stupid. You said you found all the scum. 4 scum is not all the scum.
It kind of is. Remember how they killed one of their own.
Yep, but his list of 4 includes brianJ, who was said Betrayal.

Channeling Spyrex now ...

Reading is tech!

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Exilon »

I found all the scum I need to win. Yippie? Yippie.
From Classic MAfia, the attack from Day 2 was also based on MY RELUCTANCE TO VOTE. Remember?

I told everyone who's scum. I asked you to prove me wrong. Yet you're doing nothing of the sort. If I'm town and you're town, then we're supposed to be working toghether. So if you don't think they're scum, tell me why and we can discuss it. If you do think they're scum, then what are you complaining about?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Exilon »

I'll be V/LA until the 16th. I'll still try to be around as much as possible.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

EXI WHY DO YOU THINK ALL LURKERS ARE SCUM?

DO YOU REALLY NOT THINK THERE ARE ANY ACTIVE SCUM?
green shirt thursdays
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Exilon »

Evidence suggests the fifth scum element is active. That, SD and brianj, and there's 3 active members. Lowell isn't exactly a lurker, so only DP is a lurker from that list.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Max »

The deadline is the
12th Of August
(Technical deadline), however I will probably not get on until the
13th of August
(effectual deadline). If someone replaces out I will base the two day extension on the technical deadline.

Need Moar Caps

Lowell - 4 (Rena, Thief, MagnaofIllusion, DavidParker)
DavidParker - 1 (xRECKONERx)
Shadow Dancer - 1 (Exilon)
Thief - 1 (Molestargazer)

Not Voting - 2 (Lowell, Korashk)
Not Voting and Not Posted Today - 1 (Shadow Dancer)

10 Alive, 6 To Lynch

@Exilon: Noted, if you want to replace out let me know.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Lowell »

Back and will catch up soon. David's eagerness to lynch me with the "see if he's scum" reads horribly.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:00 am

Exilon wrote:
I told everyone who's scum. I asked you to prove me wrong. Yet you're doing nothing of the sort.
If I'm town and you're town, then we're supposed to be working toghether. So if you don't think they're scum, tell me why and we can discuss it. If you do think they're scum, then what are you complaining about?
Emphasis added.

The bold portion is a flawed argument. You’ve simply said players A,B, and C are scum and we are to prove they are not. Untrue. The burden of proof is on you to prove why you think the players are scum. You haven’t today laid out anything of a case on said players. /inbeforeExilonwhinesaboutwaitingforSDagain.

I don’t think outright either SD or DP are scum based on my vote analysis earlier.

1. I think Lowell is scum for the multitude or reasons I stated today.
2. The Day 1 wagon formed on Lowell as an alternate to ShadowDancer.
3. Shadow was not on Quoi’s lynch.
4. The only wagon of size DP was on Day 1 was Lowell.

These lead me to the conclusion that DP and Shadow are more likely Town than Scum.
Lowell wrote:Back and will catch up soon. David's eagerness to lynch me with the "see if he's scum" reads horribly.
Here’s what you missed – Shadow is still missing, you are still obvScum, and we are watching your partners squirm in deciding how they can get away with not voting you / attempting to make an alternate wagon without outing themselves.

And DP’s statement actually reads fine when you consider that pretty much immediately your wagon hopped right down to L-2.

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Max »

Here’s what you missed – Shadow is still missing, you are still obvScum, and we are watching your partners squirm in deciding how they can get away with not voting you / attempting to make an alternate wagon without outing themselves.
I presume shadow is American so I'm guessing that means that (s)he'll be posting in a few hours.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I'm back. Catching uop tomorrow.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I'm european...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:58 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, I was also going by a feeling that even if Lowell was town, I somehow didn't think scum would be so quick to hammer this time. It works out better for them if town hammer anyways.

And, if no one hammers, it means Lowell seems scummier. (Yes this post is a bunch of WIFOM)

Essentially:
Lowell(town) gets to L-1.
Scum can quick hammer then kill of the scum who hammered and be in a decent position, although some vote analysis will probably lead to a scum lynch or two.
OR
Scum can NOT hammer and make Lowell seem scummier because he doesn't get hammered. This likely leads to a townie hammering him, and then that townie seeming scummy the next day.

Regardless, I think Lowell is scum and my vote is sticking.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Lowell »

So, basically, you jumped on the case founded on me voting someone to L-1, and in the process declare how awesome it is to put someone at L-1.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Rena »

Lowell wrote:So, basically, you jumped on the case founded on me voting someone to L-1, and in the process declare how awesome it is to put someone at L-1.
Where's your catchup post, Lowell? This isn't it, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”