/in-vitational 7 - Save Cow's Mind! (after 1014)

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am

Post by TheLonging »

I LOVE TO BE SO SCUMMY IT GETS ME HARD

but no seriously, my wagon has been twisting and misrepping things I've said to make me seem like I'm actually the evil scum you all fear. No. The only legitimate point that's really been against me was me thinking that a scumtell THAT 95% OF THE TIME WORKS FOR ME, is being lampooned at by Reck and discredited by Faraday, wasn't a scumtell at all.

Like I said, DRK and dramonic have high chances of being scum. Please lynch them soon. Even if not today. DRK knows I am his neighbor so when I flip town, he doesn't want to be seen on my bandwagon. It'd be bad for him nonetheless.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Some combination of the first two. I get in a bad mood when people who sign up to play a game don't play the game in question. I have no qualms about pointing this out to people, hostilely if necessary. The V/LA thing should have been obvious, and the attacks on me for being away were wastes of posts. I dislike being misrepresented and attacked when I'm not around to defend myself. Hence, why I was rather uncharitable to people who, apparently, can't actually fulfill their commitments to the game.

I would like it if you and everyone else proves that assessment wrong in the future.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by SFG »

Oh BTW I am, on no uncertain terms, claiming the first post of Day 2 barring the circumstance in which I die overnight. Anyone who posts before me on Day 2 if I'm still alive is scum.
The textwaller of d00m
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by KittyMo »

...TL, why did you just self-vote?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Because according to people with tunnel-vision here, I am scum. I've refuted their petty arguments, tried to get a dramonic wagon going, and alas, no hope. Here's what CAN be gleaned from my lynch:

Most likely scum (DRK)
my scum read (dram)

So if we need to get info on that + wagon analysis (the fact that scum didn't lead this smells BS to me), I'm ok with me being lynched.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Vote Count the Ninth:

TheLonging(5): Faraday, KittyMo, Ythill, Cuttlefish, TheLonging
Netopalis(2): xRECKONERx, UncertainKitten
dramonic(1): Netopalis
xRECKONERx(1): SFG
SFG(1): dramonic
Cuttlefish(1): Haylen

Not Voting(2): DeathRowKitty, dramonic

12 alive, 7 to lynch

prods needed: none
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Ythill »

@SFG:
There's a problem with your theory. If I live through the night I will be posting as soon as I see the thread open, unless you explain why you need the first post reserved and I agree with you. Also, I'm not scum.

@TL:
Nobody is misrepping you. You made a fluffy attack during the early game and couldn't comprehensibly answer questions about it. Since then, your two major contributions have been lurker pressure and suspicion against DRK because he has the same role you do. You voted Dram for not contributing but he has given nearly as much content in 12 posts as you have in 54. Meanwhile, you've abandonned a case for no reason other than that it was unpopular, cited a wincon and softclaimed under very little pressure, lied about being unable to NT, self-voted, and now you're acting exactly like scum who has given up and wants to die before he outs his buddies.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*sigh*

TheLonging's actually coming off as fairly pro-town in his recent posts. I would like to see DRK lynched instead.
Unvote; Vote: DRK

DRK lynch > Neto lynch > TL lynch
green shirt thursdays
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:34 am

Post by TheLonging »

A fluffy attack? I was going by a scumtell which worked for me most of the time, how is that fluffy? I did answer those questions comprehensibly! Lurker pressure is a good thing, no? And my DRK suspicion is valid. He has not given as much content as I have, although most of my content has been defending myself against cases like this. I abandoned my case with the scumtell because no one took it seriously or you guys kept claiming it wasn't an actual scumtell. Tell me, was DRK's softclaim valid? Was mine? As far as the lying about the NT thing, I'll give you that. I'd explain why I thought that, but I'd get modkilled! I'm self-voting because if a lynch of me is necessary for my suspicions on DRK + dramonic to be HEARD, then I'll take the fall. And if you honestly think I'm scum, I'll "out" my "scumbuddies" for you.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 am

Post by SFG »

Ythill wrote:
@SFG:
There's a problem with your theory. If I live through the night I will be posting as soon as I see the thread open, unless you explain why you need the first post reserved and I agree with you. Also, I'm not scum.
Well then, there's a problem with YOUR theory. I can't explain why I need the first post reserved for myself without giving crucial information that I would PREFER to stick in the first post of Tomorrow after I've had a night. This will, I believe, bring the largest benefit to the town with the least risk.

TBH what could you possibly lose by waiting a time period that will not possibly be more than 24 hours to get some information from me? If I'm scum, you could use it to try and trace my partners or discount it as WIFOM or maybe even out me in the first place, and if I'm town, it gives important information that I personally think is time-critical enough to be said exactly at the beginning of Tomorrow. It's not like Days are lasting the full two weeks anyways...
The textwaller of d00m
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Faraday »

xRECKONERx wrote:*sigh*

TheLonging's actually coming off as fairly pro-town in his recent posts. I would like to see DRK lynched instead.
Unvote; Vote: DRK

DRK lynch > Neto lynch > TL lynch
how in the fuck do you think he looks pro town here?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

His posts are genuinely townie. He's not using AtE, he's simply attempting to leave information behind for once he dies. Sure, it could be a scum gambit, but I've never seen scum actually do it whereas I've seen townies do it quite often.
green shirt thursdays
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:32 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

To be honest, I've been getting a kinda townie vibe from TL as well lately. I figured I was just being too soft though, and buying too much into "OBVIOUSLY scum wouldn't do that ohohohoho!" I'm curious what others thing regarding TheLonging.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Faraday »

Short thoughts on tl:

-He votes me for buddying, but not in the post he brings it up. if he thinks it's such a good scumtell y no vote on me?
- He still seems inconsistent in the application of said tell. Ythill wasn't buddying me (I don't remember why?), Reck was doing more buddying than I was yet he wasn't scummy for it, in fact you didn't even mention his buddying to me at all. I think if you think something's a scumtell you're going to be looking out for it like a hawk, it doesn't fit with a townie looking for scum.
- I don't think he satisfactorily responded to Ythill's questions, he seemed evasive.
- Post 17 is a doozie, hops on the DRK wagon (had previously expressed some mild scum read on her?) and says he's fine with a Reck lynch. Well thanks for fucking mentioning it. Don't buy this, it looked like bussing at the time, but now it just likes a really bad wagon hop.
21- The bringing up the wincon.Nul leaning scummy on this, could be more a personality thing I guess, still no town reason to do so.
23- LOL U GUYS GOT NO CASE XD SO RANDUM. This is just a gut thing but it rubs me the wrong way.
Lied about the night talk - firstly I tend to think not utilising out of thread chat is a scumtell in the first place (I've 2 ongoing examples of this which I can't cite, and a general feel that it works)

Since then it's been nothing really scummy, self voting's null too, but it's been mostly fluffly clogging up the thread and telling us who to look at when he flips town. Woop dee doo.

Colour me convinced. Yeah sorry. It's time to die. He looks like scum who's thrown the towel in.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:58 am

Post by KittyMo »

If he's scum giving up by self-voting, then why is he continuing to post a lot?
TheLonging wrote:Can we lynch me so dramonic/
MPR
gets lynched tomorrow?
^ Towntell. Go research it yourself, for I cannot speak of it.

I'm STILL torn on this guy, and I was hoping the wagon would actually help.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:06 am

Post by KittyMo »

The problem is that Ythill is very likely town and is a better scumhunter than me, so I feel like I should stay with TL even though I'm neutral on him.

The thing is that Netopalis is really really obvious scum.

And I only have one vote.

HMMM.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Faraday »

He's posting nothing but fluff. He's already said who he suspects, and not a lot else. I mean there's always a chance the wagon will go away too, there's no harm trying.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Ythill »

(got some ninjas, will submit, then read)
TL wrote:A fluffy attack? I was going by a scumtell which worked for me most of the time, how is that fluffy?
It was fluffy because you felt the need to add that point about the contradiction. It was fluffy because Faraday was no more buddying to me than I was to him, which was not at all. We had (and still have) similar suspicions and town reads on each other. I tried to ascertain why you'd picked his name out of a hat rather than mine, but you couldn't explain that. Instead, you gave up and moved your vote for no good reason.

Your DRK case is crap, calling it valid doesn't change that. The validity of your softclaim isn't at issue here, but the way you made it under little pressure, with nor regard for how that information helps scum is telling. And now you're trying to explain why a self-vote is good? Even if you flip town, nobody is going to care what your suspicions were.
Reck wrote:TheLonging's actually coming off as fairly pro-town in his recent posts.
Please send me some of what you are smoking. It's D1 so of course there is the chance that TL is town, but he is
not pro-town
, not fairly, not even
barely
. I'm not usually a fan of policy lynches but this guy needs to die no matter what his alignment is. I'd be okay lynching someone else today (Neto or Hayl, preferably) but TL
needs
to be lynched or vigged before LYLO.
SFG wrote:I can't explain why I need the first post reserved for myself without giving crucial information that I would PREFER to stick in the first post of Tomorrow after I've had a night. This will, I believe, bring the largest benefit to the town with the least risk.
My problem with this is that I've got you on my neutral-leaning-scum list. The reason you need that first post has something to do with your role, obv, but that would be true whether you're town or scum and I do not want to allow a potential scum-SFG to get whatever it is you get for making the first post. The fact that you're playing open-handed on this doesn't say anything good about your alignment.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Ythill »

KM wrote:The problem is that Ythill is very likely town and is a better scumhunter than me, so I feel like I should stay with TL even though I'm neutral on him.
FFS, add KM to my preferred lynches list.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Faraday »

Yeah V/la untill Sunday evening. I'm heading out tonight, so yeah.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 am

Post by KittyMo »

Ythill wrote:
KM wrote:The problem is that Ythill is very likely town and is a better scumhunter than me, so I feel like I should stay with TL even though I'm neutral on him.
FFS, add KM to my preferred lynches list.
v0v in my last completed game it worked out for me

I do things that work ^_^

"plz don't swear" -- N
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:23 am

Post by dramonic »

I've reread again.

In the context of a TL vs DRK lynch, I really think it'd be a much better idea to lynch DRK.
TL's scummy, I agree, however DRK is worse.

Let me explain:

So far, DRK's post of note:

25: horribly stally/makes me grit my teeth. My gut yelled.
40: Those answers rub me quite wrong. My gut screamed.
51: Why are you saying Faraday is scummier, voting kittymo and STILL spouting random crap about BFF. "I was joking" is the equivalent of saying "fluff", so get a better answer.
144: Still going on with the crap-fluff BFF stuff. Also, since RQ's deserve your vote, why didn't SFG get it exactly? Oh right, BFF <_<
157: It's a bit late for random-votes. Especially when you've ALREADY laid serious votes.
167: Both comments being quite useless, especially now that we can suppose your "reason" is being in a neighbourhood with TL without a name that yells scum. Also, Kitty is not prob-town, just saying.
245: Had I had a daykill, I'd have used it by this post.
303: You've provided no reason for me to believe Kitty and SFG are town, so your first line is complete fluff, again. Your answers to Reck's questions are also pretty scummy, especially 1 and 2
306: 1) misreeeep. Also, passive-agressive reply much?
364: All in all, non-commital
370: Ythill summed it up in 372

total: 24 posts composed of 4 pre-game stuff, 11 scummy posts, 5 pure-fluff, 1 claim, 1 VLA notice and 2 decent posts.

In my eyes SFG and Kitty are also pretty scummy (Even though most people seem to disagree here), along with a possible Neto. Cuttle has dropped off after my more recent read, Haylen needs to post more, Ythill and Faraday are cool
Reck is fairly null, but I don't actually care because I don't want him lynched without incriminating evidence or a "he's the last scum"
TL is the town neighbour and I'm going to need a case that shows he's scummier than DRK to change my vote.

@Ythill & Faraday: You stated earlier in the game that DRK was scummy, has your opinion changed or has TL beaten her in terms of scumminess IYO? Or would you be willing to change wagon?

Unvote
Vote: DRK

@ninja: And thus my suspicion of Kitty is increased. Why the hell are people still saying she's obvtown?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:28 am

Post by KittyMo »

SFG is obvtown because she's being honest even when it'd suit her as scum to not be.

Don't really get those of you that aren't seeing that.

Same with Reck.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Ythill »

Ohai Dram. It's mainly that TL is the scummier of the two, but DRK got a few townie-brownies here and there. I don't see why people are treating this as a dilemma. It's possible they're both town. I'd switch from TL to another lynch, but not to DRK at this point.

We need to start working on consensus. Everyone please clearly list your top 3-4 lynch choices if you have not. Mine are
TL, Neto, Haylen, and KM.
If I have time tonight, I'll start making a compromise list based on everyone's suspects.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:43 am

Post by KittyMo »

Neto, TL, and...Cuttle or dram, I think.
Pretty sure not all of them are scum; pretty sure it's Neto.

I find it not at all surprising that people that have expressed suspicion of that sentence are people that have played with me very little or not at all. Sorry if you don't agree with my town playstyle or scumhunting methods, but it doesn't make me scum.

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”