He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Chronopie wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:in other news, Chronopie is posting all over the site (10+ times today)...can we please start a wagon here and not reward him for lurking.
ofc I am. One game at a time, in order that I get the emails to my inbox.
Sir this is a very common Scum tell and it is called active lurking.
I'm sorry, but Chronopie is not
ACTIVE
lurking. That would entail him frequently posting in this thread to make it look like he is being useful when in fact he isn't.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Beefster »

Eh. I'll get to a reread soon. I need to leave more time for MS...

That kill sucks and I'd like to wait it out with respect to the tume->drmy replacement, just in case it was a weird playstyle or something. So I basically have no suspects atm.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Sotty7 »

silverbullet999 Post 340 wrote:-Sotty

Why the vote on shattered?
The unvote test weak and pretty pointless. Tries to claim it was a gambit, but I think it was more likely he wasn't paying enough attention to the thread. A weaker point, but still pings my scumdar.

His overreaction to you not answering some pointless RVS questions. Feels completely forced. Also keeps pushing the fact that he works gambits all the time yet can't provide any examples.
Shattered Viewpoint Post 82 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Please explain why not answering those RQS is scummy.
I will grant you that this
specific
instance of not answering
those particular
questions is not, in and of itself, scummy, it does point to a larger meta on SB for tending to withhold information (which is scummy).
Backs away from his stronger stance on you not answering the questions and tries to apply it to your future play. Umm... What?

Then tries to claim scum skim which is a crap reason to switch his vote. Then piles on Enigma and does little else the rest of the day. Lurks though the thread as soon as the pressure is off him.

= = = = =

The Chorno case is actually very good. I would shift my vote but I really think Shattered needs to be pressured as much as possible today.

Also I am going to be
V/LA starting tomorrow until late Wednesday.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Beefster wrote:Eh. I'll get to a reread soon. I need to leave more time for MS...

That kill sucks and I'd like to wait it out with respect to the tume->drmy replacement, just in case it was a weird playstyle or something. So I basically have no suspects atm.
well maybe you can start by commenting on the two people who have heat on the moment Chrono or SV, why do you feel like they are not "suspects" at the moment?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:03 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: Chronopie

Baa.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Okay. Chronopie is lurking worse than I am. (And that's saying something.)

Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:04 am

Post by KageLord »

It's a bit disconcerting how quickly the Chrono wagon is taking off. Sure he's lurking, but is that really what we want to be going after at this point? Smells like at least 1 scum on the wagon to me. But I suppose we can wait for a Chrono flip before deciding on that, if people are adamant about lynching him.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Chronopie »

Chronopie wrote:V/LA until home internet is restored (Cable got cut during some digging work), piggybacking neighbour's wifi.
-.-;;
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 pm

KageLord wrote:It's a bit disconcerting how quickly the Chrono wagon is taking off. Sure he's lurking, but is that really what we want to be going after at this point? Smells like at least 1 scum on the wagon to me. But I suppose we can wait for a Chrono flip before deciding on that, if people are adamant about lynching him.
is lurking the only reason in my case?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

KageLord wrote:It's a bit disconcerting how quickly the Chrono wagon is taking off. Sure he's lurking, but is that really what we want to be going after at this point? Smells like at least 1 scum on the wagon to me. But I suppose we can wait for a Chrono flip before deciding on that, if people are adamant about lynching him.
Unvote, Vote: KageLord

You are attacking the bandwagon, yet saying it's ok to lynch who the bandwagon is on? Sounds like scum setting up for suspicion on Chronopie votes if he's town.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by AGar »

ConfidAnon wrote:What the crap? Why would they kill someone who everyone said they would vote for for hammering?
HOW HAS EVERYONE MISSED THIS!?!?!? WTF!!?!?!?!? FU!%(#@%()@#%*()@#

Seriously. Get votes on ConfidAnon. Right. Now.

If there is one scum group who is vulnerable to make a tell like thus, it is new players.

I endorsed the wagon for reasons outlined yesterday.
Today he comes in, makes this post, and then hops on ANOTHER opportunistic bandwagon with no information (same play as D1).

DON'T BUY THE DAMN NEWB CARD.

VOTE: ConfidAnon
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by AGar »

Oh and 359 is gold.

Someone accuses a wagon of having scum on it, and he turns around and calls that person scum.

Fail scum is fail.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:Today he comes in, makes this post, and then hops on ANOTHER opportunistic bandwagon with no information (same play as D1).
Commenting on a trippy night kill is suspicious. Yup.

Also, I'm on the biggest bandwagon ever. It's got all of . . . one vote. And it's mine.

Seriously, your persistance almost makes me want to get lynched just for the reaction's sake. :D
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Beefster »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Beefster wrote:Eh. I'll get to a reread soon. I need to leave more time for MS...

well maybe you can start by commenting on the two people who have heat on the moment Chrono or SV, why do you feel like they are not "suspects" at the moment?
They are not currently suspects because I don't have a formal case on either of them yet and haven't given them much thought or ISO time. I might also take a look at Confid, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. (along with Chronopie)

Chrono's megapost was pretty bad, edging on IioA and provided minimal content. He's pretty lurky. Scummy, yes, but I'd like to seek out a little more information before I place a vote. I am not a gut player.
FoS: Chronopie

SV, on the other hand- I'm not sure what he has to gain as either alignment with his unvote gambit. His scum skims crap doesn't mean anything to me. I'm leaning more toward stupidity on his part than actual scum motives. He's still anti-town and can look scummy from certain angles. But I don't think a lynch on him is in place currently. (I would see it as more of a policy lynch, when we should be more actively seeking scum)
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by KageLord »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
is lurking the only reason in my case?
Not yours. Confid's reason is "Baa." and SV's is "lurking". But as for your case, the only believable point that I can see is about him not answering your questions. I'll be looking for a reason for that whenever he actually does get back. For now, I don't believe in LynchAllLurkers, which is why my vote isn't on him. If he still hasn't shown up near deadline (save for prod dodging posts), then I might vote him for lurking. An early lynch won't do us much good here. Even if he we lynch him soon for lurking and he does turn out to be scum, we'll have no more information about his buddies than before. So why not use our D2 to get more discussion going and, if he still plays this lurker game, we can deal with that near the end of the day?

As for Confid, I don't know if he's scum or being VI. I've come across someone similar before and thought he was almost surely scum for this kind of behavior, but he turned out to just be VI. Still he's one to keep an eye on.

@Confid, I think AGar was referring to your vote on Chrono, not your vote on me.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ConfidAnon wrote:Seriously, your persistance almost makes me want to get lynched just for the reaction's sake. :D
Oh, come on. If you're resigning to your lynch as a reaction test, the only reaction you're going to get is hatred of you. You have until I get home to post a decent defense against AGar before I vote you.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: If you're resigning to your lynch as a reaction test
as town

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:27 am

Agar, what is scummy about Confid's post? I was wondering the same thing.

also, please quit stealing votes wit your use of big lettering from the Chrono wagon...(you have been noted)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:36 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

ConfidAnon wrote:

Baa.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay. Chronopie is lurking worse than I am. (And that's saying something.)

These two posts/votes don't sit well with me. Seems like it would be easy for scum to jump on a popular wagon and not look suspicious, and without reasons, these two look pretty bad.

As for the actual case on Chronopie, I understand it, but I'm not ready to call him scummy for lurking. While it can be scummy, I really don't have enough info on him to vote.
Shattered Viewpoint

Does not answer the RVS questions involving meta and win loss record. Is seen as suspicious, still hasn't answered the questions.
unvote when not voting gambit
scum skim, town doesn't (brought up discussion, but not a tell)
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I unvoted to see if you schlubs were paying attention.

Two of you are.
The unvote gamit isn't too bad in my eyes, but I don't really like the post. Not really sure what to think about it.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Avoiding questions?? What are you hiding?

unvote

Vote: silverbullet
You accuse someone of avoiding questions after not answering those questions yourself?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:Fineee I'll answer... I was looking and couldn't find the game... though I could have sworn I played with beefster before... Maybe I'm losing my mind as beef didn't show any love to me in his posts.
This -- is totally, completely scummy. YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS FOR BEEFSTER. You are answering them FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF US.

Thus, you are trying to
keep information to yourself.
Scum.
Again, you just called someone scummy for the same things that you did.

Through the game, he has called people scummy for doing exactly what he has been doing (not answering questions, lurking) and I don't like that. To me, it seems as though he is scum, trying to pick off others for simple reasons, yet doing all of those scummy acts himself. So between Shattered Viewpoint and ConfidAnon, I prefer Shattered Viewpoint.
Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

KageLord wrote:@Confid, I think AGar was referring to your vote on Chrono, not your vote on me.
I know, but he ignored my vote on you in his defense.
StrangerCoug wrote:Oh, come on. If you're resigning to your lynch as a reaction test, the only reaction you're going to get is hatred of you. You have until I get home to post a decent defense against AGar before I vote you.
You think if I had one I would have kept it quiet by now?

Anyways, I'll try, but I'm not gonna win a Pulitzer (and judging by this game, get votes in the process.)

His most recent post (the one with the dumb attention grabbing letters that serve no purpose other than him hearing his own voice) starts out by calling my post commenting on the Enigma kill scummy. Commenting on a night kill is, in my opinion, a null tell. I would be suspicious of someone for prolonged discussion of the night kill rather than scumhunting, but I don't see why it's scummy. He's going to pull out a "yada yada yada new players are more likely to comment on their handiwork as scum" in response to this. Yea right, it's just an argument he's using to make me fit into his scum view of me and get you folks to vote me. There is nothing about a simple post at the beginning of the day commenting on the night kill which would be scummy.

Sure, I hopped on the Chronopie wagon. It's not like there was a convincing case posted by someone or anything. I agreed with the case on Chronopie posted by curiouskarmadog. Sue me. Although it is quite humorous that in order to continue tunnelling on me, AGar ignores my resoning for voting KageLord. Instead he says I'm attacking him because he attacked the Chronopie wagon. Not true at all. Someone didn't read my post.

Earlier, Day 1, he suspected me for bandwagoning and AtE. Sure, I bandwagoned. AtE? Wasn't intending on using it, but I did, looking back. There's not really a defense that can be given for those.

AGar, who are my scumpartners? You are very dead-set on me being scum, try looking outside the tunnel for answers and post some more reads.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:33 am

Post by AGar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Agar, what is scummy about Confid's post? I was wondering the same thing.
It's a stem-off of the "Well that sucks" tell. Alone, it's useless. But with CA's behavior and the post, it seems to be just one more scumtell.

curiouskarmadog wrote:also, please quit stealing votes wit your use of big lettering from the Chrono wagon...(you have been noted)
Huh?
ConfidAnon wrote:
KageLord wrote:@Confid, I think AGar was referring to your vote on Chrono, not your vote on me.
I know, but he ignored my vote on you in his defense.
Did you read post 351? No, didn't think so.
ConfidAnon wrote: AGar, who are my scumpartners? You are very dead-set on me being scum, try looking outside the tunnel for answers and post some more reads.
I don't like to get ahead of myself. I've got other suspicions, but I like to play with my hand very close to my chest if I can. I can right now. I'm not tunneling, trust me.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:56 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:But with CA's behavior and the post, it seems to be just one more scumtell.
Isn't this the definition of confirmation bias?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Beefster »

ConfidAnon wrote:His most recent post (the one with the dumb attention grabbing letters that serve no purpose other than him hearing his own voice) starts out by calling my post commenting on the Enigma kill scummy. Commenting on a night kill is, in my opinion, a null tell. I would be suspicious of someone for prolonged discussion of the night kill rather than scumhunting, but I don't see why it's scummy. He's going to pull out a "yada yada yada new players are more likely to comment on their handiwork as scum" in response to this. Yea right, it's just an argument he's using to make me fit into his scum view of me and get you folks to vote me. There is nothing about a simple post at the beginning of the day commenting on the night kill which would be scummy.

Sure, I hopped on the Chronopie wagon. It's not like there was a convincing case posted by someone or anything. I agreed with the case on Chronopie posted by curiouskarmadog. Sue me. Although it is quite humorous that in order to continue tunnelling on me, AGar ignores my resoning for voting KageLord. Instead he says I'm attacking him because he attacked the Chronopie wagon. Not true at all. Someone didn't read my post.

Earlier, Day 1, he suspected me for bandwagoning and AtE. Sure, I bandwagoned. AtE? Wasn't intending on using it, but I did, looking back. There's not really a defense that can be given for those.

AGar, who are my scumpartners? You are very dead-set on me being scum, try looking outside the tunnel for answers and post some more reads.
I don't like this defense one bit, as it reeks of AoE and a pinch of WIFOM. But somehow, my gut says town. Normally, I wouldn't go on gut, but this time it's different- it's a little more than just gut. So I'll look at this from a different perspective.

I guess he does have a point about AGar- I wouldn't consider a 2009er to be a newb at this point and AGar may have been using that as an excuse. Also on the tunneling.
FoS: AGar

I'd also like to hear more from drmy. He really shouldn't be in as many games as he is now. It's hurting every game he's in.
Get to know a meat boy
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So Chrono votes are still hawt and he's done absolutely nothing to change that.

@Beefster-
1)why does the kill suck?
2)how likely do you think AGar scum is in comparison to other players. Is he in the Top 2? Top 5?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:23 am

Post by AGar »

Beefster wrote:I guess he does have a point about AGar- I wouldn't consider a 2009er to be a newb at this point and AGar may have been using that as an excuse.
So.. have you read the thread? The part where he asks what to do to not look scummy and the frustration? THE THINGS THAT NEWBS DO?

Return to “Completed Open Games”