Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Incognito »

vollkan, what's your read of Kmd?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 am

Post by mykonian »

Incognito wrote:Why don't you agree with the SpyreX hate? What's he done that's town-ish?
I'm not sure you are town either. Should I vote you?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Incognito »

Ooooooooh let's make a loop! I'm not sure you are town either. Should I vote you too?

What's scummy about me, mykonian?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:Hey Hoopla. What do you think of SpyreX and tajo?
I've already made it decently well known that Tajo is town. SpyreX reminds me of how I used to play scum - by overcompensating presence-wise to pull off a believable performance. I think he 'acts' a lot more as scum (I'm sure you all know how SpyreX acts). This game he has been lacklustre and almost disinterested which looks more like a town quality for him, even if he isn't powerhunting like I know he can.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

mykonian wrote:
Incognito wrote:Why don't you agree with the SpyreX hate? What's he done that's town-ish?
I'm not sure you are town either. Should I vote you?
Myko, do it. When have I ever steered you wrong?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:53 am

Post by mykonian »

Incognito wrote:Ooooooooh let's make a loop! I'm not sure you are town either. Should I vote you too?

What's scummy about me, mykonian?
Suddenly you are asking the right question. Why do people have to prove Spyrex is town?

And sorry Hoopla, but I would hate letting Q21 get away with his play today, and I haven't seen a better lynch. His lurking now does help him, people are losing interest, but I think he is the lynch today. Tomorrow we can look at the others.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 253, Hoopla wrote:I've already made it decently well known that Tajo is town.
Right, because of a single question that he asked on page 2 of the thread that could have easily come from either tajo-town or tajo-scum. How does his later contribution factor into that read?
Post 253, Hoopla wrote:SpyreX reminds me of how I used to play scum - by overcompensating presence-wise to pull off a believable performance. I think he 'acts' a lot more as scum (I'm sure you all know how SpyreX acts). This game he has been lacklustre and almost disinterested which looks more like a town quality for him, even if he isn't powerhunting like I know he can.
Prove this. Go into specific games of his and show me where he's acted disinterested as town. From what I know of SpyreX, I always thought he was usually actually
interested
in finding scum and much more active when he's town too. I mean, look at the guy's sig for crying out loud.

Post 255, mykonian wrote:Suddenly you are asking the right question. Why do people have to prove Spyrex is town?
Because Ojanen came forward and specifically said she disagrees with my SpyreX-hate. I personally haven't seen anything town come from him, so I'm asking her why she thinks otherwise. Plus, while voting me, she said she pretty much doesn't have a town read on me so I'm guessing that with SpyreX she actually
does
have one.

Either way, why don't you STFU and let her answer the question on her own? kthx.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am more than a little disinterested at the moment and I was pretty clear about that. The walls of fighting in regards to Kinetic and the empking scandal and, realistically, the speed of this game are pretty good at sapping my energy.

YET, this isn't really a "town" tell. It's just one of those games and I've had them on all sides of the spectrum. Hopefully it'll clear up here right fast.

However, I've been pretty clear. I don't like Tenchi. I don't like Slicey. If I thought with a little energon and a lot of luck I could swing this q21 that way I would. However, q21 isn't a
bad
lynch and the scatterplot on it will be interesting to parse.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 am

Post by q21 »

mykonian wrote:Vollkan makes a good point: in a game with this kind of players, we shouldn't be distracted by the one or two weird players we have. We should lynch scum. If Empking is scum, we'll lynch him. If he isn't, we'll keep him. No need to make the game easier for scum by lynching people who we think to be likely town.

With the amount of support for a Q21 lynch, if nothing changes after this prod (remember me, Q21, didn't you lurk too in our game when you got under pressure?), I think we should lynch him. There is no need waiting for the deadline, as we can discuss after the lynch. Further, this frees the game up for discussion about the amount of lynches, wagon analysis (without one person already killed) etc. I think that if Q21 can't convince us now we are completely wrong, he won't ever. Better get it done then in stead of letting the game drag out. There is no penalty, as we aren't shortening the day.
Firstly Myk, there's a difference between lurking and literally not being able to post. Secondly, I didn't lurk when I got under pressure in that game - I played consistently at the same (admittedly low) level of activity throughout - a result of LA for nearly the entire duration of the game. Things I managed to achieve in that game despite not have much access.

1. Distancing from Empking. He was scummy as, but the day following my lynch - in lylo - he was barely even looked at.
2. Distancing from you. Throwing around all kinds of shit about your claim. In truth, you didn't need the help like Emp did and you'd have won that game for us even if Emp had been lynched.
3. I managed to get the second (and sane) cop to counter-claim me. Thus allowing you to kill him that night and make life a lot easier for yourselves the next day.

The above post looks like an attempt to lynch me before I had the chance to claim. If it was, you failed.

You see, before this game started, while all the rest of you lazy bums were sitting around chilling out backstage, I felt it was prudent to go off and do some snooping around the place. You know, check out the all those little, unimaginably cramped passageways that seem to just spontaneously grow out from the saner, more reasonable backstage areas of any self respecting awards venue. I thought to myself, "Hey self, if you're lucky you might just find something useful... like where scum plans to hide out at night or the inner sanctum of some diabolical Scummies infesting cult... or something."

I didn't find any of those things - or really anything even like those things. I found the old props department and, horror of all horrors, it was filled with trash, junk, rubble, refuse and a few wet stains that smelled strongly of ammonia and... well, really, you don't need to here the rest of that story, suffice to say that I was fortunate enough to also find a working shower in my travels through the depths of backstage. My first reaction to the junk was disappointment, obviously the props at this edition of the Scummies were going to be a little sub-par, to say the least. That sad conclusion was only strengthened by the old scaffolding that collapsed, killing dear ABR, Goat and vIQ. I became truly disheartened when something as pitiful as a faulty trapdoor did Yosarian2 in. I know he's dead, but yes, I still agree with him.

I'm digressing again, aren't I? Anyway, my second reaction... well my second reaction has to do with those stains I mentioned and lets not get into that. Right? Good. My
third
reaction is the one I'm actually trying to get to here. My third reaction was this, it was the realisation that: One man's (or in this case Scummies Award Ceremony's) old props trash, is another man's instrument of death. So I began searching through the junk and low and behold I found a couples of interesting items.

The first was a knife. What type? I'm not sure. Might be an old penknife. Or pocket-knife. Or jack-knife. Or switch-blade. Or butterfly-knife. Heck, maybe it was even a sushi knife. Anyway, all I'm certain of is that right now it's basically a vaguely pointy, elongated stick of rust that may once have been a knife - though I'm not ruling letter opener out. Regardless what purpose it served in its previous life, whether it be box cutting, letter opening or the preparation of small, delicious raw fish and rice delicacies, it would serve my purpose just perfectly. I figured that even if the sudden insertion of something hard and pointy into a kidney wasn't enough to kill someone, the tetanus poisoning would probably get the job done, so I pocketed the rust blade and kept on searching.

What I found next made me jump for joy. What I found next was unbelievable. What I found next, was a sword. Four feet of incredibly shiny, bladed instrument of death. I proceeded, as any of you would have in my place so don't look at me like that, with a victory dance. I feel that this is an opportune time to point out that I am not, unfortunately, a trained swordsman. I'd also like to point out that dancing around with a sword while not being a trained swordsman is incredibly foolish. It was only a matter of time before I managed to hit myself in the leg. The pain. The horror. I'd severed my foot. I was going to bleed to death in the old props room filled with rubbish. And then... and then the stains would come for me... they might not even wait until I was dead... and then... and then....

And then I realised that I was still standing, both feet attached perfectly well to my legs. Both legs attached to my body. I realised that the sword, to my simultaneous joy and heartbreak, was made of wood. All my dreams of being the hero, my bright sword flashing this way and that in the night, scum falling around me like flies, those dreams were shattered. Until, that is, it occurred to me that it takes only a little force and determination to turn a four foot long tow-by-four into a murder weapon. For some reason I'd left all my four foot long pockets at home, so I stuffed the sword down my trouser leg and headed back up here. So the way my leg hasn't been bending all game... no, it's not a peg leg.

And yes ladies, that does mean that there's sword in my pants...

So there I was at the beginning of the game with my two trusty instruments of death. Two kills, one for each. I'd have to leave the weapons behind because, well, it just wouldn't do to be found with a bloody stick of rust... especially not when someone else has a rusty hole in their spleen. Just wouldn't do at all.

So there you have it. The rest is history.

For those of you who didn't catch it, or *gasp* didn't read it. My Role is: 2-shot protown vig.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 am

Post by mykonian »

unvote vote vollkan

Sorry Q21. That post was made to get a lynch soon (though it asked for you to post something to change things, like a claim, well before deadline), but I don't want to lynch you now. The role would make sense, I think, as the mod can't really determine how many nights there are, and a 2 shot vig gives him some control over that.

it is quite late now, and the above vote is purely gut, but my vote is certainly not going to support a lynch on: spyrex, empking, tenchi.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:12 am

Post by populartajo »

Incog wrote:Apparently you don't remember playing in a game with me before, but you have the ability to call two of my reactions "unnatural"? Also, what's lame about my reason for unvoting Hoopla?
Unnatural with the image I remember of you, as I said in some of my previous posts. Lets just say that Id expect a player of your level to use the Hoopla questions to scumhunting benefits regardless of Hoopla's alignment.

Incog, what was the exact reason that made you change your read of Hoopla?
Slicey wrote:Tajo, explain to me your reads on Myk and CKD. You say you like the case on CKD, yet you think he's town? I'm kinda confused.
Everyone does scummy things regardless of alignment. The key to this game is to find out the motivation for doing things. Mykonian was right in explaining why what ckd did was scummy. But IMO, this action is more likely to come from a disinteresed CKDtown rather than a bold CKDscum.
Slicey wrote:Also, why do you think myk is obvious town? He seems a little jumpy to me IMO. I don't necessarily think he's scum, but I definitely don't think he's obvtown as you say.
Active playstyle, isnt afraid of attacking people, high strong stances-posting ratio, towntells in my book.
CKD wrote:@ pop, for the record pop, I wasn’t disinterested when I made the post about wanting to hear other’s cases, however after that I got super busy…does that affect my “rating” on your scale?
Definitely so because its the basis of my read on you. Why did you ask then these questions instead of reading the thread?

I dont get why I am in your scum reads? Explain pluz.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 am

Post by populartajo »

Okay, q21 2-shot PROTOWN vig ninja edit. Who the hell claims PROTOWN?

Im in the skpetical side of the spectrum but optymal play is to direct his kills and use night actions to test his powah.

In other news Spyrex is scum. And after an iso of Incog, I think he is prob town.

UNVOTE VOTE: SPYREX

Simple reason. Disinterested Spyrex is Scum Spyrex. Im very serious on this.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 am

Post by populartajo »

Additional reasoning:

- His case on Slicey is COMPLETELY BS (Using same terminology than Incognito, and he thinks Incog is town?) and a lame attempt to fake his town meta. Trust me, if there is someone who can read Spyrex very well is this guy called Tajo.

- Why the hell is Spyrex listening to Empking? WTF?
Empking 230 wrote:Spyrex why didnt u vote q21 if u want a lynch
SpyreX 232 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: q21

I'm not super sold but I want a lynch in.
- Yeah DISINTEREST. Spyrex hates to be scum and he really cant fake his shiny-lulz meta to this game full of superstars.
Call me Tajo.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

vollkan (2) -- Kmd4390, mykonian
Kinetic (3) -- vollkan, Slicey, curiouskarmadog
mykonian (1) -- q21
q21 (4) -- Empking, imaginality, Kinetic, SpyreX
Incognito (2) -- Hoopla, Ojanen
Hoopla (1) -- Tenchi
SpyreX (2) -- Incognito, populartajo

Not voting -- nobody!

15 alive, 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends on August the 10th at 11 pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

You're gambling your way into a rope tomorrow good sir. If you're gonna go OHH SNAP META (which is bad) I honestly hope you get called on it if I go through.
- His case on Slicey is COMPLETELY BS (Using same terminology than Incognito, and he thinks Incog is town?) and a lame attempt to fake his town meta. Trust me, if there is someone who can read Spyrex very well is this guy called Tajo.
It wasn't an accident those terms were that similar. It was a conscious choice by Slicey to mimic Incog which definitely makes me think Slicey-scum Incog-town.

Q21 just used more words in his claim than he has for the game. That makes me wroth but he is town or easily caught when push comes to shove.

My problem, however, lies in this:

q21 (5) -- Ojanen, mykonian, Empking, populartajo, imaginality
q21 (4) -- Empking, imaginality, Kinetic, SpyreX

I'm not sold on any of them being scum and a q21-town wagon getting 5 deep (and then a pair of different at 4) all but HAS to have at least a scum in there.

And now there isn't enough time to really parse it.

Unvote, Vote: Slicey

I will be back before deadline and I will vote any wagon through. Yes, even my own.

This apathy (OHH SNAP) needs to die this game. We have multiple players with less posts than the mod and multiple lynches and we're on the verge of getting NONE through.
Show

Proud member of BaM
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:59 am

Post by populartajo »

Its late, Spyrex. Its a shame that I need to start a wagon on you for you to start producing. And your production is even worthless. Your 1 scum in the wagon trick with no further conclusion is a proof of this. And you are voting Slicey for something that can be very well a simple coincidence.

Please die accordingly.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by populartajo »

FTR, Q21 (who is obviously telling the truth in the killing department, not so sure about the alignment) needs to shoot Kinetic. TIA.
Call me Tajo.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

?

I'm saying if q21 is town there HAS to be scum in those groups. The problem is I'm not seeing giant balls of scum there.

And it could be a simple coincidence, sure. That doesn't change that I sure as hell don't think it is.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

So... in all those words, q21's just basically claiming to be a vig? Ok, so obviously we're not lynching him Today. q21, why aren't you exactly
doing
anything though?
Post 260, populartajo wrote:Unnatural with the image I remember of you, as I said in some of my previous posts. Lets just say that Id expect a player of your level to use the Hoopla questions to scumhunting benefits regardless of Hoopla's alignment.
But you said you didn't even remember playing with me before...

And that Hoopla question crap was boring as hell. I didn't like it.

Also also, here was my reasoning for changing my mind on Hoopla:
my post 12, Incognito wrote:Basically, I didn't like the questionairre thing and thought it was more likely to come from a Hoopla-scum than a Hoopla-town. After I read some of your follow-up responses particularly the in-thread speculation about the one-shot Day-ending role, I began to change my mind about you. Why is that difficult for you to understand?
Now the real question is tajo, why have you been lurking?

-~-~-~-~

Uhhh, SpyreX, Slicey isn't even in one of those groups that voted for q21. So I don't really get why you a) brought all that up and then b) voted Slicey to begin with. Why not vote someone like Kinetic who's the leading wagon
and
actually fits in one of those q21-voting groups?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Incognito »

"Not enough time to parse it" sounds like a cop out, btw.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Because I still don't buy Kinetic being scum?

If it comes to it I'll vote that way but not now.

I brought it up because its worth really looking at later - it has, nor did I say it did, nothing to do with my vote for Slicey.

I
don't have the time to parse that. If you want to go nuts.

Of course calling that a cop out when you're voting for me looks like justification for a vote yeehaw.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Currently sick.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Don't have much time, q21 lost steam and don't have much of a back up lynch at this time. I can't read right now to find something until at least the 11th, but I'm getting mixed feelings about Pop and Imagine right now. However, neither have votes on them right now. I'm going to place mine on imaginality right now just to see if there is anyone else seeing what I see, but I'll try to be around to change it to get a lynch if needed.

unvote; vote: imaginality
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sigh he probably is scum.

So it goes.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Kinetic »

If anyone is going to claim I'm scum based on mine inability to be here right now, I suggest you look at my tag (its my birthday today) and my posts pretty much everywhere about how I'm going to law school and moving on the 10th (my reasons for why I pulled out of the NJ Meetup), all things that have been planned for months now. Its shitty timing, and while I understand deadline is looming I'd appreciate a chance to defend myself when I get back if you are seriously thinking of trying to lynch me.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”