Scummies Invitational (OVER!!!)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

Fucking hell. That was seriously a bad lynch.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 am

Post by populartajo »

mykonian wrote:Q21, I know you are being guided enough, but if this stupid lynch goes through, shoot on the wagon. You are probably good enough yourself to know who to kill. Still, incog is a better lynch, and everybody should come over.

about spyrex:
SpyreX wrote:And while you're not going to get a faaabulous case from me on why I'm going to call out... *gasp* slicey. You will get this exchange:
Incog wrote:
I haven't liked a thing Kinetic has written so far.
His first "real" post seems like a whole lot of noise since it's merely a summary of all of his experiences with all of the players. He describes it as getting his meta experience out of the way just in case he needs to call on it later, but I'm not sure I buy that explanation - it's not like Kinetic went into elaborate detail about each and every person he's played with so far; he kept things pretty vague, imo. He's didn't bother to comment on a thing that's happened here so far in that post, and he certainly hasn't seemed to do so in his subsequent posts either. And I reeeeeeeeeeally don't like the policy lynch vote on Empking - I disagree completely that Empking will become a "distraction as town" - it's not like we're completely unable to prod and probe the guy and ask him questions about his stances - and slipping by as scum? How exactly would that happen?

vote: Kinetic
slicey wrote:Goddamit just lost my post. >__> I'll try to remember what I wrote.

Tajo, explain to me your reads on Myk and CKD. You say you like the case on CKD, yet you think he's town? I'm kinda confused. Also, why do you think myk is obvious town? He seems a little jumpy to me IMO. I don't necessarily think he's scum, but I definitely don't think he's obvtown as you say.

Kinetic, what I don't understand is, is that you keep talking about how bad Empking is in other games and how much of a liability he is, yet you're not commenting on him in THIS game, which is what actually matters. Empking has made enough posts that you can comment on, whether you think it's townie posts or scummy posts, yet you have said nothing on him in this game. You're voting him and attacking him for nothing he's done in this game, but his meta and reputation alone.

For that, I will Unvote, Vote: Kinetic.
I'm not liking anything he's saying.

I'll just Mega FoS: KMD
That similarity is jarring. Enough that it raised my cackles. I'd be shocked and awed if they were scum together though.

That said:

The majority of the Kinetic business revolves around a policy lynch on Empking. While
normally
that is eye raising because policy lynches are a great way to "waste" a day's lynch
that isn't the case here at all
. We can have cake and eat it too!
The very fact that that similarity struck his eye means that he was reading the thread very closely. He was scumhunting. Spyrex is likely town.

A quick guess at the scumteam: Incog, Imaginality, CKD. Tomorrow a series of quicklynches should take place.

Moriturus te saluto
This tell is seriously stupid. Spyrex wasnt scumhunting UNTIL Incog and myself called him on this.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:12 am

Post by populartajo »

Hoopla wrote:Fucking hell. That was seriously a bad lynch.
No it wasnt. Even if Kin is town I needed his flip. The townies that were in his wagon needed that too.

Lynching Incog is stupid regardless of Kin's alignment.

Spyrex is an awesone lynch BTW.

VOTE: SPYREX.

GOGOGOGO SIZE 200 WAGON
Call me Tajo.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Ojanen »

Still something wonky with my stupid internet. I have left the attempted rereads until later, if I'm still alive. Kinetic was obviously town on that last phase, this makes me pissed.
What the hell were you complaining about, ckd, on q21 switching when you weren't voting either wagon? pay attention.
tajo is really annoying and the lynching attempt is phony.
any attempt to lynch scum at this point will end in the said scum pulling an incog and no claim. not that it couldn't happen with town too, and this town is not coordinated anyway at the moment.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 am

Post by populartajo »

Hey Ojanen, you didnt answer my question about Spyrex.
Call me Tajo.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Hoopla »

populartajo wrote:
No it wasnt. Even if Kin is town I needed his flip. The townies that were in his wagon needed that too.

If Kinetic was scum, I'll eat my hat, and every other hat, wig and toupee I can find. Anyone with half a brain could have realised Kinetic was town, especially after his claim. Scum was pushing that wagon hard, and I think it was to protect Incognito. Tajo, I don't think you're town any more. :(
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:47 am

Post by mykonian »

VOTE: incognito

Lets get that piece of information for tomorrow. Hoopla, lets see if your theory was right. In case both wagons were on town, you will still lynch more accurately tomorrow (as you don't have to assume anything about the Incognito) . If one proves to be on scum you have a lot of information (scum having to pick between both lynches).

Otherwise, I would support a whole series of lynches tomorrow. There are a few townreads that are quite uncontested: these are valuable. Multiple lynches will protect them for endgame.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:47 am

Post by populartajo »

Yeah no.

Kinetic is tricksy. And he has been off all this game. I can see him making the vanilla claim to wifom our asses. The case is there go reread it if you like. We lynched one of the scummiest person day 1.

I dont care what you think about me. You should be voting Spyrex or do you also have a magic towntell about him?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 am

Post by populartajo »

mykonian wrote:VOTE: incognito

Lets get that piece of information for tomorrow. Hoopla, lets see if your theory was right. In case both wagons were on town, you will still lynch more accurately tomorrow (as you don't have to assume anything about the Incognito) . If one proves to be on scum you have a lot of information (scum having to pick between both lynches).

Otherwise, I would support a whole series of lynches tomorrow. There are a few townreads that are quite uncontested: these are valuable. Multiple lynches will protect them for endgame.
No.

Stop being silly. We need the Kinetic flip first.

First, I think Incog softclaimed PR. Let him do (or fake) his work tonight.

Second, making a hasty lynch that depends on the flip of the other wagon will only give erroneus reads on the long term.

We should lynch obvscum Spyrex. God. Please.
Call me Tajo.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

You've chewed up all your town cred being on that Kinetic wagon, tajo. You don't get a say in any more lynches we decide today (if at all).
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:08 am

Post by populartajo »

Are you saying I am scum, Hoopz?
Call me Tajo.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 am

Post by mykonian »

populartajo wrote:No.

Second, making a hasty lynch that depends on the flip of the other wagon will only give erroneus reads on the long term.

Lets spot the contradiction here. You don't want a Incog lynch, as we need the Kinetic flip, but you need a spyrex lynch? Come on, who are you fooling?

I want to know what the choice of bandwagons was. Scum behaves differently if they had to choose between two town wagons or if one of the wagons was on scum. And Incog is a good lynch regardless.

Further, I absolutely HATE that you are claiming a PR for him here. 1. you shouldn't be powerrole hunting. Scum only does 2. If he is a powerrole, he clearly doesn't want to be outed. 3. if he wants everybody to know,
he'll claim
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Hoopla »

populartajo wrote:Are you saying I am scum, Hoopz?
Yeah. :(
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Ojanen wrote: What the hell were you complaining about, ckd, on q21 switching when you weren't voting either wagon? pay attention.
I think you are missing my point...if Kinetic flips scum that unvote and such a late date says something does it not?...so get off my fucking back about paying attention, I was just making a note.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also
vote imaginality

this is still a good lynch
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 am

Post by q21 »

populartajo wrote:

Spyrex is an awesone lynch BTW.

VOTE: SPYREX.

GOGOGOGO SIZE 200 WAGON
populartajo wrote:
mykonian wrote:VOTE: incognito

No.

Am I reading this right? Because if I am there is a glaring contradiction going on. First post he's saying that regardless of Kinetic's flip an Incog lynch is stupid... second post he seems to be saying that before we decide whether we're lynching Incognito we need Kinetic's flip... which he's just said should have no baring on whether or not we lynch Incog. Says an Incognito lynch doesn't depend on Kinetic's flip, then says it does. Yeah. Contradiction.

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Ojanen wrote: What the hell were you complaining about, ckd, on q21 switching when you weren't voting either wagon? pay attention.
I think you are missing my point...if Kinetic flips scum that unvote and such a late date says something does it not?...so get off my fucking back about paying attention, I was just making a note.
This point is valid if and only if I'd failed to return to help finish Kinetic off. I'm back, but the chance to hammer (or L-1) Kinetic is gone, therefore my unvote on Kinetic is null.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

This stops now.

We are not lynching anyone else today. Period.

The time for that was long past and the simple fact I threw down a vote because I was worried about 0 lynches sure as hell doesn't mean two.

TOMORROW, there will be a purge. A delicious one. We're not doing this again.

Take a shot if you want tonight q21 - I'm not going to cry if I die but a Kinetic town flip better be a damn bullseye on Empking.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 am

Post by populartajo »

Kin wrote:Lets spot the contradiction here. You don't want a Incog lynch, as we need the Kinetic flip, but you need a spyrex lynch? Come on, who are you fooling?
The Incog lynch is entirely dependant of the Kinetic flip. If Kin flips scum would you lynch Incog? Spyrex lynch is not based on the Kinetic flip. Its based on the fact that he is obvscum.
myko wrote:Further, I absolutely HATE that you are claiming a PR for him here. 1. you shouldn't be powerrole hunting. Scum only does 2. If he is a powerrole, he clearly doesn't want to be outed. 3. if he wants everybody to know, he'll claim
Why do I feel am I the only one reading the thread?

Hoopla wrote:
:(
q21 wrote:Am I reading this right?
Lynching Incog today is stupid because we dont have the Kin flip. It entirely dependes on the flip and the information it gives us about the players on the wagons. My position should be clear in the last post. I can understand why you think there is a contradiction there. "Lynching Incog is stupid regardless of Kin's alignment" means that I think Incog is town and that his lynch is stupid imo.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 am

Post by populartajo »

I left this on my answer to myko:
Incognito wrote:p.s. I'm not gonna be around at deadline to claim since I'm at work so unless you're scum hoping you'll swipe a PR with my lynch, it should be obvious that Kinetic is Today's lynch whether you agree with it or not.
Call me Tajo.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:57 am

Post by q21 »

populartajo wrote:
Kin wrote:Lets spot the contradiction here. You don't want a Incog lynch, as we need the Kinetic flip, but you need a spyrex lynch? Come on, who are you fooling?
The Incog lynch is entirely dependant of the Kinetic flip.
If Kin flips scum would you lynch Incog? Spyrex lynch is not based on the Kinetic flip. Its based on the fact that he is obvscum.
myko wrote:Further, I absolutely HATE that you are claiming a PR for him here. 1. you shouldn't be powerrole hunting. Scum only does 2. If he is a powerrole, he clearly doesn't want to be outed. 3. if he wants everybody to know, he'll claim
Why do I feel am I the only one reading the thread?

Hoopla wrote:
:(
q21 wrote:Am I reading this right?
Lynching Incog today is stupid because we dont have the Kin flip. It entirely dependes on the flip and the information it gives us about the players on the wagons. My position should be clear in the last post. I can understand why you think there is a contradiction there.
"Lynching Incog is stupid regardless of Kin's alignment" means that I think Incog is town and that his lynch is stupid imo.
You did it again. Incog lynch is "entirely dependent" on the Kinetic flip and then you say you think Incog is town, seemingly independent of the Kinetic flip.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

populartajo wrote: Lynching Incog today is stupid because we dont have the Kin flip. It entirely dependes on the flip and the information it gives us about the players on the wagons. My position should be clear in the last post. I can understand why you think there is a contradiction there. "Lynching Incog is stupid regardless of Kin's alignment" means that I think Incog is town and that his lynch is stupid imo.
Scum don't self-hammer Day 1 with 6 hours until deadline. We need to be lynching the competing wagon NOW, so we have the information to sift through tomorrow. We know Kinetic is town now because of that self-hammer. We should go for Incognito now.

SOMEONE HELP.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

It's not happening.

I would love for it to, but its not.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

Lets just try.

Vote: Incognito
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

Post by q21 »

Vote Incognito

Was voting him before Kinetic self hammered, see no reason not to now.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Hoopla »

Come on - we still have a couple of hours.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”