MagnaofIllusion (4) <-~ Jack, Zachrulez, Zajnet, Charlie
Jack (2) <-~ Sando, imkingdavid
Zajnet (1) <-~ Locke Lamora

12 living; 7 will do it.

Deadline:
Monday, August 16th at 12 A.M. EST
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Magna: so what exactly was your problem with what Sotty said about Zach, and how was it different from what I thought?

Zajnet: is the idea that we give you a free pass for D1 because you're not very good at it? 'I'm shit for analysis on D1' seems like a catch-all for a general lack of content.

IKD makes some good points. Jack is getting away with scummy stuff that's being put down to meta.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Currently running late this morning. Will read what I missed and post when I get home tonight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Locke wrote:Magna: so what exactly was your problem with what Sotty said about Zach, and how was it different from what I thought?
The extent of my problem with Sotty had nothing to do with believing her bringing up meta as a distraction technique. This was your point. My questions focused more on why Sotty was simply bringing meta from only Zach. Sotty answered those points for me.

Re: IKD at 149
– These are all valid points. Jack is getting a pass simply based on his history of ‘wacky’ antics. If anything read the Princess Bride Mini that ended in the last month or so. Jack latched onto Sensfan with similar lack of explanation and ended up lynching a Serial Killer. Jack’s reaction to your points will help me decide if I think he’s crossed over from regular antics to scummy play.

Even thought he is V/LA I’d like to officially note that Zach has once again dropped his actively level once the attention has shifted off him.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Jack »

vote hopping is pro town, fake explanations are anti-town.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Incognito »

Porochaz has been prodded.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Sando »

Mine apologies, I shall be putting something in an hour or so during my lunch break.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I am still LA I have been posting in a game which is in a bit of a rut and my own modded games, I plan to post within the ones I havent in a while tomorrow.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Sando »

I'm not really seeing the MOI thing at all. I've only played with him once, so I can't really comment on meta, but he's actually providing well reasoned responses, unlike many others...

IKD makes a good point about Jack, and I'd like to add that people like Farside have written off things as meta that actually have little to do with his play so far:

Sando: Jack is pretending to scumhunt in an effort to appear 'pro-town'
Farside: Yeah, but Sando, Jack often does things that look scummy in order to get attention on himself and generate discussion.

It's an oversimplification, but it doesn't address my point, Jack wasn't trying to 'look scummy' or the like, hence the meta of Jack doing that with any regularity is not applicable.

Also, vote-hoping is null, it is not pro-town, depending on the reasons for it, it could be either scummy or pro-town. The act itself is null, the motivation can be a tell either way.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Charlie »

Locke Lamora wrote:Charlie: what was the point of that L-1 vote if we have lots of time and your opinion is divided on him?
The point was whoever hammered (although the chances were slim) would be under intense scrutiny the next Day. You're going to have to take my word for it that I was confident that this would not happen. I cannot explain it any other way unless I lie.
Zajnet wrote:I'm shit for analysis on D1. Charlie is acting scummy, but not enough so that I would feel confidant lynching him.
Say what???
ChannelDelibird wrote:I didn't take in enough of the Magna situation to judge his lynch-1 vote, but at the moment I'm keeping my vote on Charlie
Aha, good. This reaction I find normal. Notice the glaring discrepancy of opinion/playstyle between Zajnet and ChannelDelibird. This makes me think that if actions are done as I expected, then one of them is manipulative and thus more likely to be mafia. Am I making sense here?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m not quite sure I’m following your logic here.

1. You find Jack’s tactics to be something akin to weak reaction fishing.
2. You like catalyzing discussion but aren’t ‘fond’ of Jack’s tactics.
3. You voted for Sotty to based on tactics that aren’t convincing purely to increase discussion.

If this summary is correct I don’t see a Pro-Town reason for you to have chosen to vote Sotty over Jack. You didn't feel his reasons were credible but felt Sotty's defense was less so? This combined with your wishy-washy jump onto my wagon looks more like Scum looking for a popular wagon as opposed to Town looking to ‘stir’ discussion.
I am sorry, but you have either misunderstood me or put words in my mouth again. Let me make this much clear: I have no idea what the heck is going on between Jack's apparent silliness/strange tactics and this is me expressing confusion over it. I did the best I could to interpret it at that time and posted it. You just make conclusions for me and I'm slightly uncomfortable with that. The summary is incorrect.

The vote on Sotty was to 'take a side' and develop a 'wait and see' reaction, which is to glean discussion from it. You may not see a pro-town action from this because I am confused. Do you accept this explanation?
MagnaofIllusion on a case on him wrote:I’m looking forward to this.
Yes sir! I shall ISO you right now and see what I an come out with...

Okay, you start with a random vote on Zajnet with the reason being a previous game. This is okay. You generally pose questions to everyone for everything. This is also okay. Looking at ISO #3, you specifically said that your vote stays until there is someone you want to apply pressure to. In ISO #5, it appears that you've chosen me. BUT! You said I never answered a question. Which I'm pretty sure I did. I queried if this was a misunderstanding. You kept pushing the matter to where we are now. I find this slightly disingenuous.

You said your top suspects are 'Locke, Zach, and Charlie' in ISO #3. You continue your follow-up questioning on them accordingly. This is okay. You've 'appeared' to rule out Jack based on your previous experience with him. Your last ISO #9 showed no attack on me with my placing you at L-1.

In conclusion, you've done some pretty good things but also some weird things that I personally find suspicious. I'm inclined to agree that they may be better lynches out there. On Day one, we all have to work with what little information we have.
UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion
imkingdavid wrote:First of all, UNVOTE: Magna. That was a random vote which has now become a wagon (at L-1, now L-2 if I'm not mistaken), and I am unsure that such a quick lynch would be helpful at this point.
Aha, a cautious approach. And a case on Jack to boot. Your response is noted.
Sando in response to Jack wrote:Also, vote-hoping is null, it is not pro-town, depending on the reasons for it, it could be either scummy or pro-town. The act itself is null, the motivation can be a tell either way.
Um, I believe you just commented on a statement made by Jack that is best left not commented on (somewhat like a rhetorical comment) because what he said was invalid due to the fact we don't know a faked explanation:
Jack's invalid opinion which is cleverly disguised as a statement wrote:vote hopping is pro town, fake explanations are anti-town.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Charlie »

EBOWP: Wait, why did I unvote Magna?? I am playing aggressively this game! No fear!
VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Kindness
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 am

Post by farside22 »

charlie wrote:I'm "stalling" because I'm lazy. We have lots of time and an active playerlist (with some V/LAs, but that does not pose a problem).
I accept responsibility for putting him at L-1. I've been meaning to step up attacks in more games to try a different playstyle.
I don't buy this for a second
Sando wrote:Farside, what has Charlie missed?
My view is as follows:
Charlie wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:What isn't convincing about my defense? What don't you like in particular about it? What points needed elaboration in your mind?
Could you elaborate more on this particular point:
Stalling here. It's easy to go back and see what Sotty was asking here and in regards to what.
charlie wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Someone else asked what the effect of said pressure would be. You never answered. Are you satisfied with Sando’s statements since this post?
Odd. I did answer in #48, but you don't seem to find it adequate or you missed it completely. Here it is:
MOI clarifiedwhat he was looking for and what he felt charlie did not answer adequately but charlie ignores that point and question.

IMKD: Who else do you find scummy and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Jack »

Is cdb lurking scum?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Incognito »

ChannelDelibird and Zajnet have been prodded.

Also, just a reminder that your D1 deadline falls in a little more than 4 days.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Zajnet »

Oh Hai, I've been prodded. I just moved into my dorm and I've got dinner in a bit, so I'll post more later.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Charlie Post 141 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:And it made no sense because I wasn't complaining about how people were pressuring me, just noting how everyone was against the pressure on Jack.
Everyone was against the pressure on Jack? I'm sorry but could you point this one out to me?
You could try reading the thread? But look back and see the reaction to the pressure on Jack, only a few people were interested in pushing him.
Charlie Post 141 wrote:Try me, I'm easy to persuade.
Any particular reason you are continuing with this pointless line of questioning?

For everyone else, this is a reference as to why I didn't vote for Zach and opted for calling him out instead. My explanation is already in the thread, you either buy it or you don't. There is literally nothing more to add to the matter.

Locke, where do you stand on people? You are asking questions a lot but don't seem to be doing much. It's making me very uneasy.

Still not swayed by the MOI wagon at this point.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Jack wrote:Is cdb lurking scum?
What do you think? You are allowed to actually express thoughts as opposed to just dropping in one-liners with little substance.
Charlie wrote:The point was whoever hammered (although the chances were slim) would be under intense scrutiny the next Day. You're going to have to take my word for it that I was confident that this would not happen. I cannot explain it any other way unless I lie.
So you felt it was worthwhile to put me at L-1 and risk a quick / accidental mislynch because you felt the chances were small? And why should that person face more scrutiny than you, who voted for someone you didn’t even have a solid scum-read on (based on your I’m conflicted statement)? Finally why can’t you explain your confidence without lying?
Charlie wrote:Aha, good. This reaction I find normal. Notice the glaring discrepancy of opinion/playstyle between Zajnet and ChannelDelibird. This makes me think that if actions are done as I expected, then one of them is manipulative and thus more likely to be mafia. Am I making sense here?
So you are stating one of CDB or Zaj is more likely to be Mafia but aren’t willing to explicitly say which. I assume you are finding Zaj scummy but it’s not clear. Looks somewhat like an attempt to postion yourself to go in whatever direction the wind blows regarding those two. And if you do find them more likely to be Mafia why aren’t you following up with that person? Please don’t respond with ‘I’m lazy’.
Charlie wrote:I am sorry, but you have either misunderstood me or put words in my mouth again. Let me make this much clear: I have no idea what the heck is going on between Jack's apparent silliness/strange tactics and this is me expressing confusion over it. I did the best I could to interpret it at that time and posted it. You just make conclusions for me and I'm slightly uncomfortable with that. The summary is incorrect.
So Jack’s actions you found confusing and the best way to sort that out is to take his ‘side’ and vote for Sotty? If you were confused why didn’t you question Jack? Why are you uncomfortable about others drawing conclusions based on your play? That’s the essence of the game of Mafia at its most basic. Didn’t you chide me for not expressing opinions about people’s play earlier? You can't credibly call out someone for not expressing opinions and then attack them when they do.
Charlie wrote:I'm inclined to agree that they may be better lynches out there. On Day one, we all have to work with what little information we have.
UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Charlie wrote:EBOWP: Wait, why did I unvote Magna?? I am playing aggressively this game! No fear!
VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
So there may be other, better lynches. You’ve hinted at others playing in a manner that indicates they may be Mafia. But your ‘aggressive’ play is not to question or pressure others? I think this borders on Cognitive Dissonance, which only further enhances my scum-read on you.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Jack »

What do you think? You are allowed to actually express thoughts as opposed to just dropping in one-liners with little substance.
I expressed my thought exactly. My thought was "is cdb lurking scum?"
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Sando »

Charlie wrote:The point was whoever hammered (although the chances were slim) would be under intense scrutiny the next Day. You're going to have to take my word for it that I was confident that this would not happen. I cannot explain it any other way unless I lie.
Crap, I missed this. You don't put someone at L-1 without thinking that there's a risk they'd be hammered. There's every chance that there's some other jackass posting the same thing at the same time. Also, there's the assumption that the person who hammered would be under intense scrutiny tomorrow. There's only 1 reason they'd be under intense scrutiny, and that's if they hammered town, someone who hammered scum in that situation wouldn't be under scrutiny. So you are assuming that the person you put at L-1 is town...

Unvote, Vote: Charlie
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I have caught up whilst I have some town reads but no scum reads as of yet, I need to read when its not early morning, however I think an
unvote
would be appropriate at the moment.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Even thought he is V/LA I’d like to officially note that Zach has once again dropped his actively level once the attention has shifted off him.
That's pretty cheap.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Charlie put Magna at L-1 right around when I went V/LA, so that's where I have to read from to catch up. It's late and I'm tired plus I've spent a good portion of time catching up elsewhere so I'll catch up here probably later today. (It shouldn't take too long to read once I get around to it.)
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Charlie »

Sotty7 wrote:You could try reading the thread? But look back and see the reaction to the pressure on Jack, only a few people were interested in pushing him.
I didn't see much on that side.
Sotty7 wrote:Any particular reason you are continuing with this pointless line of questioning?
I dunno.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you felt it was worthwhile to put me at L-1 and risk a quick / accidental mislynch because you felt the chances were small? And why should that person face more scrutiny than you, who voted for someone you didn’t even have a solid scum-read on (based on your I’m conflicted statement)? Finally why can’t you explain your confidence without lying?
You make it sound like it is a bad thing.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you are stating one of CDB or Zaj is more likely to be Mafia but aren’t willing to explicitly say which. I assume you are finding Zaj scummy but it’s not clear. Looks somewhat like an attempt to postion yourself to go in whatever direction the wind blows regarding those two. And if you do find them more likely to be Mafia why aren’t you following up with that person? Please don’t respond with ‘I’m lazy’.
How do I figure out which is mafia..it is like Day 1. Again, you make it sound like it is a bad thing.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So Jack’s actions you found confusing and the best way to sort that out is to take his ‘side’ and vote for Sotty? If you were confused why didn’t you question Jack? Why are you uncomfortable about others drawing conclusions based on your play? That’s the essence of the game of Mafia at its most basic. Didn’t you chide me for not expressing opinions about people’s play earlier? You can't credibly call out someone for not expressing opinions and then attack them when they do.
Certainly better than sitting around to the point that I get accused of active lurking! Which I am glad it has not come to that.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:So there may be other, better lynches. You’ve hinted at others playing in a manner that indicates they may be Mafia. But your ‘aggressive’ play is not to question or pressure others? I think this borders on Cognitive Dissonance, which only further enhances my scum-read on you.
Actually if I were to go on this statement alone I think it justifies my vote on you (Over-complication of simple things = mafia-ish). Would you kindly tell me more about this Cognitive Dissonance and how it fits on me being mafia?
Sando wrote:Crap, I missed this. You don't put someone at L-1 without thinking that there's a risk they'd be hammered. There's every chance that there's some other jackass posting the same thing at the same time. Also, there's the assumption that the person who hammered would be under intense scrutiny tomorrow. There's only 1 reason they'd be under intense scrutiny, and that's if they hammered town, someone who hammered scum in that situation wouldn't be under scrutiny. So you are assuming that the person you put at L-1 is town...
I put faith that this /in-vitational game is jackass-free (we were somehow selectively selected by each other and all...). Anyway, I'm having trouble understanding the logic above... I would think that both the person who hammered and the person who put the lnychee at L-1 would be under scrutiny.

@farside22: I'd like to give a response to you specifically by way of images since a picture paints a thousand words but I felt that inserting a picture here would ruin the neatness of the thread that is mostly text. So I'll just say that in response to you, the picture would be that of one dog (I think it is a husky) expressing disapproval in the direction of the camera with a wrinkled forehead and he appears to be saying: "You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?" This is in no way an insult or whatsoever; I felt this is appropriate in response to you because I remember this picture being your avatar for quite some time a while back.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Charlie »

EBWOP: I meant your signature, not avatar, farside22.
Kindness
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

What about this, Magna?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Sotty wrote:I'd also like to point out that Zach is lurking. Normally with a game only just opening I wouldn't go as far as calling someone on lurking, but he has posted in all this other games today but is avoiding this one. Zach's scum meta is to lurk, he hates playing scum and will only contribute to the thread if called upon. The thing is, he knows that I know this is his scum meta because I poke him about it all the time. SO I am feeling very WIFOM'ed right now.
So you call out Zach for lurking as Scum Meta and then undercut your own argument?
That was your original objection. I don't see anything there about why she brought up only Zach. The tone of that seems more along the lines of my objection; that is, she's making a point against Zach but excusing (or undercutting, if you prefer) it at the same time that she makes it.

Sotty: if it's not clear, I find Zajnet pretty scummy right now. His attempt to excuse just about everything he does on D1 and his lack of tangible opinions on just about everyone except Magna (who he hasn't got much more on) are contributing a lot to that. I'm dubious about Magna but I'm following up on that right now, so I'll come back to you. I think Sando has made some good points about Farside and Charlie lately. I agree with his assessment of the L-1 vote and I really don't like Charlie's revote. Speaking of which...

Charlie: how do you go from agreeing that there are better lynches out there to putting your vote back on? Are you trying to prove to us that you can play aggressively for some reason?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”