Open 226: Big Love - Game over! Town wins!

Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

V/LA till Monday probably
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am

Post by mallowgeno »

I'm going to camp for a whole week. I'll be V/LA Saturday until Friday.
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Muthaa »

My pc is fucking and I don't know why, so I'll answer/talk/whatever later.
ðÿðÀ mð©pe tpð© ÐÆað▓oð╗a ð▓ð©pe.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

Ok, so 3 V/LA-ers in a row when this game has already reached a crawl pace. This is bad :(
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Alright, I'm leaning Zajnet at the moment; the post by switz basically laid out the case, and I agree with it.

Going back and looking at vote counts, don, switz, Xite, robo, and Zero Fang all spent a lot of time with a vote on chi. now we know that chi is scum, it clears at least don for me, and I'm leaning switz as Zero as town too. Xite and robo are kind of odd for me, looking back at this, so idk if i consider them cleared yet.

On Day 2, switz, sandman, zaj and i are all on the Shattered wagon quickly, and stay there.

chi had votes on muthaa, robo, and millar, including staying on the millar wagon for a long time.

I have to go to bed now (or at least, should) but I am planning on taking a look back at Chi's stance on the whole millar/Xite thing. He never voted Xite (at least from the vote counts), so I'll look back to see if this could be possibly protecting a scumbuddy.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:29 am

Post by don_johnson »

Mallowgeno first. If scum, zero next. More when I return from vacation.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Sorry. My lappy is down and I am having a hard time finding time to post. Try to do something useful soon.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Sanxion
Sanxion
Goon
Sanxion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Sanxion »

V/LA until Monday. I apologize for this. I will post when I get back.
Endless complexity from ceaseless simplicity.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Switz »

Wow. Literally half this game is on V/LA or completely AWOL. At this point we're looking at having deadline problems.

And for the record, I agree with the general conclusions drawn by SSS's math, but I'm not sure if tomorrow is the Day Lovers should claim. We have 14 people left, two of which are scum and four of which are Lovers. So if we lynch town today and lose town overnight, we're down to 6 town, 4 lovers, and 2 scum. Even if scum would get one of the pairs overnight, we'd be at 5 town, 2 Lovers, and 2 scum, which is a 7:2 ratio and still pretty manageable, I believe. They'd probably want to claim then though, although I'm not sure on that at the moment.

Of course, all of this is contingent on us not getting scum, which I personally don't think is going to be a problem today unless we can't get enough people together for a lynch.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Enigma »

Woah, forgot about this game but seems not much has happened here since I left.

A few points:
Lover claims are null because you are making the assumption that lover's will be killed when they claim. Assumptions are bad ok? Scum wouldn't go for lovers right at this instance because lover's are a much more dangerous commodity as the game approaches LYLO. I'm sure everyone who is agreeing with SSS would have at least made a quick effort to think outside of the box rather than just agreeing with the maths.
So @ all those people (SSS, Switz, Mallow) pushing for lover claims, no it's bad for town, either think the problem through or stop trying to disguise your scummy agenda.

I haven't voted because I haven't paid to much attention to this game, which is my fault. It's alot easier to just discuss my thoughts and disagree with other people's opinion. I realize I struggle playing games with so many players too. I'll try going through the game again when I finish work. Apologies.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Switz »

Enigma wrote:A few points:
Lover claims are null because you are making the assumption that lover's will be killed when they claim. Assumptions are bad ok? Scum wouldn't go for lovers right at this instance because lover's are a much more dangerous commodity as the game approaches LYLO. I'm sure everyone who is agreeing with SSS would have at least made a quick effort to think outside of the box rather than just agreeing with the maths.
So @ all those people (SSS, Switz, Mallow) pushing for lover claims, no it's bad for town, either think the problem through or stop trying to disguise your scummy agenda.
In what way was my last post a push for lover claims? I specifically pointed out that lovers should claim later than SSS suggested and only if we don't catch scum today or tomorrow. Obviously if it's not in their best interest, Lovers shouldn't spontaneously claim, but at a certain point the ratio of town to scum is going to make it in the town's best interest.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:47 am

Post by ZeroFang »

Enigma wrote:Lover claims are null because you are making the assumption that lover's will be killed when they claim. Assumptions are bad ok?
Scum wouldn't go for lovers right at this instance because lover's are a much more dangerous commodity as the game approaches LYLO.
You certainly seem to reminisce about what the scum would and wouldn't do. Jes sayin' :igmeou: Read in bold again. Please try to understand what you just said and why it doesn't make a scrap of sense. Still stumped? I'll help you.

Hint: The scum aren't going to wait until the lovers are dangerous to them to NK...
Enigma wrote:@ all those people (SSS, Switz, Mallow) pushing for lover claims, no it's bad for town, either think the problem through or stop trying to disguise your scummy agenda.
Ok, hold up. I believe that you're forgetting what all the lovers do. The lovers are pairs of people who can confirm each other's townieness. Since there's a good chance that they'll be NKed before we can use them to our advantage, it's actually good for the town to out them somewhat late but not too late. We know then that everything they said was said by a townie, and that in turn helps us scum hunt. It's not that bad for the town. Without the confirmed townie aspect, they're just double liability townies. Use em or lose em, right?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Enigma still doesn't commit to a vote or lay down any scummy suspects, but only talks game theory.... Scum, says I!
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Yes.
unvote, vote:enigma.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Muthaa
Muthaa
Goon
Muthaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Muthaa »

@don: WTF mate? You say one thing then you do the other. Any explanations (for about everything)?
ðÿðÀ mð©pe tpð© ÐÆað▓oð╗a ð▓ð©pe.
"La mort, c'est un peu comme une connerie. Le mort, lui, il ne sait pas qu'il est mort. Ce sont les autres qui sont tristes. Le con, c'est pareil." - Philippe Geluck
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

DavidParker wrote:Enigma still doesn't commit to a vote or lay down any scummy suspects, but only talks game theory.... Scum, says I!
But, but, but...

I SAID IT FIRST!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Enigma »

ZeroFang wrote:Ok, hold up. I believe that you're forgetting what all the lovers do. The lovers are pairs of people who can confirm each other's townieness. Since there's a good chance that they'll be NKed before we can use them to our advantage, it's actually good for the town to out them somewhat late but not too late. We know then that everything they said was said by a townie, and that in turn helps us scum hunt. It's not that bad for the town. Without the confirmed townie aspect, they're just double liability townies. Use em or lose em, right
?
So by everyone's logic we all know that Millar will be night killed tonight anyways?
What's wrong with using their confirmed townie aspect after they are dead if they are going to get lynched anyways.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by Enigma »

PS: I still can't believe noone has noticed this yet. It'll be my little secret for now!
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Zajnet »

Sorry guys, but I'll be V/LA until Wednesday for UTD Fish Camp.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 am

Post by DavidParker »

Enigma wrote:PS: I still can't believe noone has noticed this yet. It'll be my little secret for now!
OH?
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:38 am

Post by ZeroFang »

Enigma wrote:
1)
So by everyone's logic we all know that Millar will be night killed tonight anyways?
2)
What's wrong with using their confirmed townie aspect after they are dead if they are going to get lynched anyways.
1) Wait, what?
2) We get more out of them. Oftentimes power roles shut up to avoid getting NKed. If they're openly confirmed, it gives them the chance to say as much as they want knowing they're going to die. Searching through dead guy's ISOs is useful for dead confirmed scum and dead confirmed VT, but power roles can confirm as townie before they get killed. In that way, we actually get more use out of them than if they just performed their role.
Enigma wrote:PS: I still can't believe noone has noticed this yet. It'll be my little secret for now!
Keeping secrets from the town now? Nice.

Ninja'd by Parker >.>
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Enigma »

Read my ISO if you are going to make a case against me then use your head? Works wonders!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:57 am

Post by DavidParker »

2 FoS's/0 votes.

Also, all of your day 2 posts have been game-theory related more or less. Except where you attacked 1 or 2 people for having bad game-theory, which in itself isn't really a tell.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Lappy is back up, I am ACTIVE.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

Enigma. Vote or die. I am perfectly happy to go back to mallowgeno, but ur voteless theory posts are getting old.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Open Games”