Not voting (1) <-~ Porochaz

12 living; 7 will do it.

Deadline:
Monday, August 16th at 12 A.M. EST

-
imkinddavid has been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Incognito wrote:
- imkinddavid has been prodded.
Oops, I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. Also, yes I am kind, in most cases, but that's not how my username is spelled. ;)
farside22 wrote:IMKD: Who else do you find scummy and why?
At the moment? Other than Jack, I am a bit suspicious of the speed that the MoI wagon popped up, so those on that wagon are suspect, in my opinion. I'll need to take the time tomorrow to look through each person and see whose behavior has been most suspect though.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ha. Apologies.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Sando »

Charlie wrote:I put faith that this /in-vitational game is jackass-free (we were somehow selectively selected by each other and all...). Anyway, I'm having trouble understanding the logic above... I would think that both the person who hammered and the person who put the lnychee at L-1 would be under scrutiny.
Only if the person hammered is town, you seem to be assuming that there would be scrutiny tomorrow, and that will only happen if the person is town...

Therefore, you are assuming the person is town.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Locke Lamora Post 174 wrote:Sotty: if it's not clear, I find Zajnet pretty scummy right now. His attempt to excuse just about everything he does on D1 and his lack of tangible opinions on just about everyone except Magna (who he hasn't got much more on) are contributing a lot to that. I'm dubious about Magna but I'm following up on that right now, so I'll come back to you. I think Sando has made some good points about Farside and Charlie lately. I agree with his assessment of the L-1 vote and I really don't like Charlie's revote.
I have limited experience with Zajnet, but what I have seen of him this is how he plays. He needs to get in here and post more for sure, but I think he is a weaker target in all honestly. On a slight tangent, I don't understand why people will /in for an invitational and then lurk. I understand life happens and this is just a game, but it is getting a little frustrating.

At this point I think Charlie and Zach are both probable scum. Farside is giving me a town read everyone else is kinda mixed in there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:I have caught up whilst I have some town reads but no scum reads as of yet, I need to read when its not early morning, however I think an
unvote
would be appropriate at the moment.
Seriously this guy is scum.
Nothing I have read has changed my scum list in the least.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

@charlie: I miss that picture right about now and it's looking more at you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

After catching up I'm still happy with my Magna vote.

I'd also be happy with a Zajnet or Porochaz lynch today. Porochaz's play has bothered me for reasons I've already pointed out (and has since faded out of the spotlight) and Zajnet seems to be posting just enough to stick around but hasn't really been doing all that much. Magna's reactions to him and the way he attacks him but never actually pressures him is something that's bothering to me...

After reading Charlie's play, he's done some strange things... but I can't really classify him as likely to be scum. His actions just seem too blatant to me, actions that draw a lot of attention, which is something scum generally don't want.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sotty: so you think I'm scummy for choosing an apparently weak target, or are you just saying this is Zajnet's playstyle? Zach seems to agree with me, does that compound his scumminess?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Depends. Have you played with Zajnet before?

As far as is concerned Zach, it does add to his scumminess. Both Poro and Zajent are lurkers and he throws suspicion on them when he is almost as bad himself. Zach what do you think of CDB?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I have not. Personally I don't really find what amounts to 'I'm no good on D1' and 'so what if I don't have many reasons for my vote' to be something that should be excused by meta.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I agree. I have just been recently burnt by his play in another game which makes me antsy.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Porochaz »

I find it interesting you are jumping on me so readily, especially you farside. You havent liked my early posts, I thought that was harsh but ultimately fair. Then I gave my reasoning, which someone interpreted. Then I went v/la and without throwing it back in your face you knew, as you offered to look after one of my games, (as a sidenote, thanks for offering but I wrongly decided I could manage) then one post above, which is essentially me unvoting. I understand your need to lynch someone especially as the deadlines are unusually strict and we have a lot of V/LAers but this isn't the way I've seen you play before. You are usually more reasonable than this.

The other 2 that expressed suspicion on me, I have had exams from the 5th to the 10th. It says so in my sig. Out of the three games I am in and the two I am modding this came this did not appear in my priorities, neither did the other 2 games Im in.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:After catching up I'm still happy with my Magna vote.

I'd also be happy with a Zajnet or Porochaz lynch today. Porochaz's play has bothered me for reasons I've already pointed out (and has since faded out of the spotlight) and Zajnet seems to be posting just enough to stick around but hasn't really been doing all that much. Magna's reactions to him and the way he attacks him but never actually pressures him is something that's bothering to me...

After reading Charlie's play, he's done some strange things... but I can't really classify him as likely to be scum. His actions just seem too blatant to me, actions that draw a lot of attention, which is something scum generally don't want.
He's not scum hunting in my view and admits to it. Then says there is still time and we are told there is 4 days left before deadline. I would say he's floating by offering nothing as scum.
I agree completely about Porochaz. Not sure about Zajnet.
MOI seems really quiet now that pressure is off of him I'm tempted to switch back to Magna
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Apologies, I made a mistake and read sotty's post wrong. Ive read through the thread and got some stronger opinions, it might sound like OMGUS and Im wary of voting her but farside is not playing to her meta at all. It's been a while and whilst I know it's not the case I get the feeling that she might be out to get me after PYP, but joking aside her posts leave me uneasy.

As do Zajnets and I haven't had the luxury to play with him before, the copy pasting thing is weird/the has piggybacked on farside, iso 7 is a horrible post, and really Im still a bit unsure why he is voting MOI.
vote Zajnet
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:10 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

farside wrote:MOI seems really quiet now that pressure is off of him I'm tempted to switch back to Magna
Really quiet? Really? I post generally once a day. Due to a busy day Thursday I was unable to do so. I posted Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If you are expecting multiple small posts from me you should either expect disappointment or adjust your expectations. I don’t make serial posts as a general rule.

Additionally how is the pressure ‘off’ me? I have 4 votes to Charlie’s 5. Hardly a situation where there is concensus.
Poro wrote:I have caught up whilst I have some town reads but no scum reads as of yet, I need to read when its not early morning, however I think an unvote would be appropriate at the moment.
You have no-one who you feel is playing scummy enough to warrant a scum read? So was your initial attack on Sotty simply for pressure?
Locke wrote:That was your original objection. I don't see anything there about why she brought up only Zach. The tone of that seems more along the lines of my objection; that is, she's making a point against Zach but excusing (or undercutting, if you prefer) it at the same time that she makes it.
It was my initial question. I wanted to see her reaction and if she would widen the meta-field. When she didn’t I inquired about what most bothered me – the lack of meta attack on others (in my very next Post).
Charlie wrote:You make it sound like it is a bad thing.
Opprotunistic voting? Yes I feel that is a bad thing. Let’s look at your voting record (outside of RVS so far).

When you vote for Sotty at 101 it is your first mention of her. When you placed your vote on her (in the dreaded third slot) she was competing with Jack and Poro for wagon leader. You’ve repeatedly stated that you wanted to take a side in the Jack / Sotty debate but didn’t choose the side of the player who ‘confused’ you. This seems off to me.

After I vote for you at 136 you return the favour. At this point I have 5 votes. You are the next leading vote getter with 3. It looks like again choosing a big wagon and also trying to save your own neck with a potential quick lynch.

Also, please answer this question which you seemingly ignored –
MoI wrote:Finally why can’t you explain your confidence without lying?
Charlie wrote:How do I figure out which is mafia..it is like Day 1. Again, you make it sound like it is a bad thing.
You can’t for certain determine when they are Mafia or not. That’s a straw-man attack. You commented that one of the two is exhibiting behaviour that you expect from a Mafian. You do not indicate which player it is. That’s fence-sitting, which I believe is a bad thing.

Which player of CBD or Zaj is the one you suggest is playing in a manner expected of a Mafian?
Charlie wrote:Certainly better than sitting around to the point that I get accused of active lurking! Which I am glad it has not come to that.
But hopping on a popular wagon as opposed to questioning / putting pressure on the player whose behavior you find confusing or scummy is much worse than actually following up on suspicions. And you don’t address either of the following points. Please do so –
MoI wrote:Why are you uncomfortable about others drawing conclusions based on your play?

Didn’t you chide me for not expressing opinions about people’s play earlier? You can't credibly call out someone for not expressing opinions and then attack them when they do.
Charlie wrote:Actually if I were to go on this statement alone I think it justifies my vote on you (Over-complication of simple things = mafia-ish). Would you kindly tell me more about this Cognitive Dissonance and how it fits on me being mafia?
Demonstrating your behavior as Cognitive Dissonance is not over-complication of matters.

Cognitive Dissonance is when the stated opinions of a player are in direct conflict with the behaviour and actions they undertake. This is scummy because playing in a manner inconsistent with your stated opinions indicates your opinions are not true but contrived.

You state that there may well be better lynches than me. You point out players (Jack and CDB/Zaj) who may be playing in a manner you feel is worth investigation and / or voting.

Then you don’t question said players and lazily slap you vote back on me. Your actions are in conflict with your stated opinions. Scummy.

Your buddying up in 172 to Farside is noted.

Zajnet, Zach, Jack are all pretty much contributing nothing outside of their votes on me. No scum-hunting at all. I would not be surprised if at least 1 Mafain (if not more) were not riding out the day among these slots.

I’ve made my opinion on Charlie well known.

Poro’s lack of reads is moving him up the scum ladder in my mind.

@MOD – I’ll be V/LA from 4pm EDT until Monday morning due to family responsabilities. I will have limited chances to contribute before deadline but will not have a chance to make significant posts.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Porochaz »

You didnt read my next post did you?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Porochaz wrote:You didnt read my next post did you?
No I missed it. I started composing before you or farside posted. Due to a hectic day at work it took me that long to put everything together. I saw farside's post but missed yours.

Consider my question to you answered.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Incognito »

I've decided that I'm going to be nice and extend the deadline by
3 days
since so many people were on V/LA over the Day 1 period. Your new deadline will fall on
Thursday, August 18th at 12 A.M. EST

Incidentally, I'll be at the Caff-Wagon over the weekend, so I'll have very limited access until Monday. Play nice while I'm gone.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Sando »

I'm really not liking that Poro is basically defending wishy-washy not taking a stand by saying he's VLA. Yeah, he was VLA (I can vouch for this, he's VLA in another game in consistent timing), but that's not the point.

Saying 'I've caught up' means that you've read the whole thread and absorbed the whole thing. You can't then defend not having an opinion by saying you were VLA, you had fully caught up and yet still didn't have an opinion.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

At 4am I beg to differ, and to be honest, I haven't really read anything very interesting in the last 8 pages. I was caught up but as we have 8 pages of near nothingness, nothing at least to base a case on. If I'm honest the V/LA problem for everyone combined with some people's posting styles has caused people to fanny around. Im coming back into a game where my top suspect is farside purely for meta reasons and zajnet, which whilst not a terrible case, is far from the best one I've seen. Im coming back to a game where CDB has posted 4 times and noone has picked up on it, despite him not being V/LA for most of the time? So no, I do have an opinion, Zajnet is not very town looking, Farside isn't playing to her regular meta, but also yes I don't have a really good opinion. Im going to work on changing that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:Apologies, I made a mistake and read sotty's post wrong. Ive read through the thread and got some stronger opinions, it might sound like OMGUS and Im wary of voting her but farside is not playing to her meta at all. It's been a while and whilst I know it's not the case I get the feeling that she might be out to get me after PYP, but joking aside her posts leave me uneasy.
Explain the difference you see with the meta you know, beside my lack of spamming the thread like I used to which most people at this point know my internet access is no longer available at work.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm reading iso by player right now. I'm going to take a break but want to get my notes on paper where I'm at.

# ChannelDelibird - hasn't offered too much in the game. 4 post total. I sense disinterest but it could be a rouse. Right now, not enough content.
# Charlie - post 101 follows bandwagon. Gives vague reasoning without it up when asked
post 136 doesn't answer the question asked and avoids more reasoning. Puts MOI to L-1 with no good reason.
The point was whoever hammered (although the chances were slim) would be under intense scrutiny the next Day. You're going to have to take my word for it that I was confident that this would not happen. I cannot explain it any other way unless I lie.
why?
scummy, scummy, scummy
# imkingdavid - the only pro thing I have to say about ikd is that he actually made a case on someone. I don't like that after being gone he doesn't comment on anyone else in the game. I admit to being single minded if I feel someone is scum so I will chalk this up to null tell.
Right now I need him to post more to determine anything more.
# Jack - God I'm torn between seeing Jack normal tells and laziness and knowing he could post more and indepth stuff to give his views.
I need to look up the game that Jack was scum to remind myself if he was like this as scum too. Basically I get a better understanding on why idk thinks jack could be scum. I don't believe he is but I can't say that with confidence I felt earlier
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Charlie »

I see there are questions that need answers from me here, allow me to respond to them at a later time (maximum 36 hours from this post).

Farside, you should replace 'scummy, scummy, scummy' with strange or different.
Kindness
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 am

Post by imkingdavid »

I'll post later today. I've been busy the past few days.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”