Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Detrius sounds evil.

Who the hell is Nobbs?

VOTE COUNT

Mysterio (6): KHG, Tasky, VasudeVa, Narsis, jimfinn, FakeGod
Narsis (2): Plum, Budja
jimfinn (1): Chronopie
Tasky (1): TheButtonmen
FakeGod (1): Thor665

Not Voting (1): Mysterio

With 12 alive, 7 votes are needed to lynch.
If you want to look up the flavour, look here.
Last edited by molestargazer on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Stop speculating about flavour and role claiming and start talking about in thread material.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Or vote FakeGod or Narsis - I see win in those wagons and support their lynch.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Vote: Narsis
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Tasky »

Mysterio wrote:
Your overreaction is quite telling
. If indeed a PR is lost (this assumes a bunch of things that would not be revealed by RCing), but we gain information on scum that narrows the field down, then what have we really lost? Your reaction seems like an obvious attempt to sound pro-town, while at the same time avoiding a tactic that could make it harder for scum to blend in. PR's are not to be protected at all costs, which your overreaction seems to suggest.
bold is mine.
what exactly is my "overreaction" telling?
yes... I am upset, since you continue to insist on something so obviously wrong... you would gain so little information of it, it would never be worth losing a PR for it...
problem with it? do you think it is scummy? well, say it outright then, and get the courage to vote... but you know you are wrong and your attack is total nonsense, so you keep it on vague terms because you know you would be totally shot down.
Mysterio wrote:We never really got a chance to get some reactions to my claim, but that's essentially what I was going for. It also occurred to me that RCing could be a really good way of boxing in scum and forcing them to have to fake claim, and just by doing that we would be limiting their ability to blend in. But no one agreed with that. However, all is not lost. As I said, there were a couple people who were insistent on lynching me, as well as Narsis who very obviously just jumped on the bandwagon. So, even if I do get lynched, that's some valuable information right there.
so you are still insisting what you were doing was the right thing to do?
Mysterio wrote:Reactions to claims can be invaluable, since scum usually react in two extreme ways:

1. They either completely believe the claim and never bother to be at all suspicious about it (when they arguably shouldn't know what my alignment is).

2. They overreact and flip out, trying too hard to sound pro-town.
where did you get this from? scum can just fake to know nothing perfectly... there are other ways of getting reactions, and they have two big advantages:
1. they are usually more effective, e.g., take a direct attack on a player... it's much more likely to get a telling reaction by that than it is by a claim where nobody is directly addressed and can therefore just pretend to know nothing.
2. they don't have the enormous drawback of outing your role... even if you are a VT, outing is bad... remember, a VT's job is to get NK'ed and as Chronopie said after you are outed, the probability for that decreases exponentially.
this also responds plum's post:
Plum wrote:Was it really hurtful to the Town? Well, throwing in the VT bit was a little, but we can deal and it doesn't seem to be anything but a nulltell that he did it. The talking about NKing bit comes naturally in explaining why outing himself doesn't hurt the Town, as it won't lose the Town a powerrole by NK tonight.

I'm quite comfortable with my vote on you right now.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
TheButtonmen wrote:Preview Ninja'ed by Plum, more to come after I read her post.
I still want to hear that post you promised...
is this all you can come up with?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
VasudeVa wrote:
would you mind posting a reason for your vote?
all you did the whole game was jumping on other people's attacks/bandwagons without any comments at all...
I think you deserve a
FoS: VasudeVa
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 am

Post by jimfinn »

I'm starting to feel a bit of suspicion towards VV for that vote as well, and I would also say that I don't see much of a case against Narsis right now - almost too off the wall to be scum - I would think scum would try to blend in more. I'm going to read FakeGod in iso now and see what I think, but I still find Mysterio PE#1
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:03 am

Post by VasudeVa »

What's wrong with making the most of my vote? Narsis isn't in any danger(yet.), and I'm curious what he has to say for himself with a gun to his head.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:04 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Tasky wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:Preview Ninja'ed by Plum, more to come after I read her post.
I still want to hear that post you promised...
is this all you can come up with?
It needed to said and at the moment yes, I'm currently waiting for a few people to post.

@Mysterio:
Still waiting for you to answer my actual question.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

VasudeVa wrote:What's wrong with making the most of my vote? Narsis isn't in any danger(yet.), and I'm curious what he has to say for himself with a gun to his head.
This vote now seems super weak as you just announced that its just for pressure and you wouldn't have voted him if he was in danger.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:08 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Actually.

Unvote; Vote: VasudeVa
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:10 am

Post by FakeGod »

Thor665 wrote: vote FakeGod or Narsis
VasudeVa wrote:
Possible buddying attempt with Thor.
VasudeVa wrote:What's wrong with making the most of my vote? Narsis isn't in any danger(yet.), and I'm curious what he has to say for himself with a gun to his head.
VV says Narsis isn't in any danger at all while saying Narsis has a gun to his head.

A contradiction.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 am

Post by VasudeVa »

It's not a contradiction. I'm waiting for a wagon on Narsis to build up so that he'll eventually get the proverbial 'gun to his head'.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 am

Post by jimfinn »

Can't figure out how to do more than one quote in a post, but I'd take a look at FakeGod's iso #11-13 in which he claims that role claims first help the town, then help the scum, then are very luck based and still scum leaning.

In other words, he wanted to encourage the massclaim at first, then on seeing opposition backs off to look more pro-town by admitting the massclaim
he supported
two posts earlier would actually benefit scum more. I find this rather scummy, and would say he has moved to being my #2 suspect after Mysterio, with #3 being VV
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 am

Post by jimfinn »

EBWOP: #187 was started when #182 was the last post made and I have not yet read anything more recent.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:Or vote FakeGod or Narsis - I see win in those wagons and support their lynch.
just a small question...what do you see that is so win in my wagon?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

Narsis wrote:just a small question...what do you see that is so win in my wagon?
You don't see the blatant scum energy flinging from your pores? It got on my face and I wiped it off and saw my napkin was covered in win...*liquid* win. (that and your entrance self vote, you claimed "trap" that revealed a null tell (whoopee) and then you call everyone null as far as reads go and sort of gently drift onto the big wagon of the moment...well, all of that and the napkin - the case is mostly about the napkin)

Who should I be suspecting if not you?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:33 am

Post by FakeGod »

jimfinn wrote:Can't figure out how to do more than one quote in a post, but I'd take a look at FakeGod's iso #11-13 in which he claims that role claims first help the town, then help the scum, then are very luck based and still scum leaning.
in my ISO #11, I merely pointed out a counter-example to what Thor said. Nowhere does it saying me suggesting a mass claim.

And if it wasn't clear to you, I'm against massclaiming.

And please do not assume that I claimed things. If you're unsure of what I meant, just ask me to clarify.

Calling all touhou fans!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

Post by FakeGod »

Thor665 wrote:
Narsis wrote:just a small question...what do you see that is so win in my wagon?
You don't see the blatant scum energy flinging from your pores? It got on my face and I wiped it off and saw my napkin was covered in win...*liquid* win. (that and your entrance self vote, you claimed "trap" that revealed a null tell (whoopee) and then you call everyone null as far as reads go and sort of gently drift onto the big wagon of the moment...well, all of that and the napkin - the case is mostly about the napkin)
dude, too much imagery.

I'm disgusted.

Calling all touhou fans!
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am

Post by jimfinn »

@Fake: I probably should not have used the word "claim" in 187 as a synonym to "suggests" or "appears to believe" given the context. Poor choice of wording. But either way, I would say that your ISO #11 appears rather strongly in support of a massclaim, while #12 and #13 appear to be backing off from this position/reversing it. It's something definitely for the rest of the town to take a look at, at least (though I am by no means suggesting a quick wagon-switch to your lynch)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm disgusted too, I just realized I lost Button to a VV wagon. Accursed VV and his constant attempts to have wagons run on him via his postings...
Also, when I wrote out the case on Narsis early I realized how amazingly great it was.

Unvote: FakeGod

2jimfinn - If you're not advocating votes be moved to FakeGod because of this - what are you advocating and why did you bring it up?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 am

Post by FakeGod »

@jim: As I said before, I was merely pointing out a counter-example that came to my mind. It was vivid in my game as 1) it just finished, 2) town never mislynched, 3) a scum fakeclaimed another player's role name. It was a perfectly fitting counter-example.

Having said that, it was the only game I played where mod didn't give out safeclaim list to scum. (actually, I think the mod did, but he forgot to give it to the guy who replaced in as mafia).

Rereading my post again, I guess I could've added in a disclaimer or something at the end to clarify my position, and I'm sorry if my poor word choice caused you any confusion, but I'm going to stay firmly with my position that I'm against massclaiming and have always been.

Calling all touhou fans!
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 am

Post by jimfinn »

@Thor: I'm advocating other players to analyze FakeGod more closely, as I do find his stance regarding the massclaim scummy, however, I think it is less scummy than Mysterio's actions, and think that the pressure should be kept on Mysterio.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:

Who should I be suspecting if not you?
perhaps trap was a poor word choice. as i said earlier:
Narsis wrote:wasnt so much of a trap as a i want into the discussion and you just gave me my reason.
i was finding it a tad hard to make my entrance into the game since i was catching the rear end of the RVS and had null tells at that point.

also what's wrong with having null tells early in the game?

as for the Mysterio vote: at the time, and still now, i found him most scummy out of everyone so far.
Record:

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

At the time you had null tells on every player in the game Mysterio had already role- claimed and power-claimed.

You had a null read on him at that point? Seriously? And not just a null read, but a read where you decided to self-vote, unvote, and then joke around with Plum when she voted you?
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Narsis »

Thor665 wrote:At the time you had null tells on every player in the game Mysterio had already role- claimed and power-claimed.

You had a null read on him at that point? Seriously? And not just a null read, but a read where you decided to self-vote, unvote, and then joke around with Plum when she voted you?
i found the claim odd this early in the game but didnt really think of it one way or another.
Record:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”