Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Nexus »

I've not posted because I'm so confused about the Zajnet situation, so I was waiting to see how he explained it. I'm still confused.

I thought Zajnet was an experienced player, so find it difficult to see him make such a silly mistake.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Nexus »

*to understand how he could make such a silly mistake.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

Post by CSL »

The Yawn Vote Count

Beefster (2) Zajnet, Mr. Flay

Mr. Flay (1) jmurph3
Zajnet (1) Beefster

Not Voting: Mr. Flay, Nexus, singersigner, Earlder1

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Etc.

Beefster, your unvote was not a color.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

singersigner wrote:@Flay...You seem to be awful keen about getting all the claims out there...
Huhwha?? I only was talking about Doc counterclaims, because I'm perfectly willing to trade scum 1-1. I DON'T want a Cop claim right now, unless they have a guilty.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mod:
Beefster unvoted Zajnet. Yes, I know he didn't colorize it...
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Zajnet »

singersigner wrote:Zajnet's Doc claim seems to be stupidly believable (sorry, I still just can't get over how you could
forget
your role...)
I'm in like 8 games across two sites. I just remember if I'm town power, town vanilla, scum power, or scum vanilla during the days on most of them.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, so obviously there's a lot to catch up on. I'm going to talk about what I see as most relevant , particularly the Zajnet claim and what's happened since then.

TBH, I'm not sure how I feel about Zaj's claim. I don't like the way it came out, and I definitely don't like the way Zajnet's been acting since. However, I also don't like (like most everyone else) Beefster's vote on Zajnet for it. However, I don't get a scummy vibe from Beefster for it. I understand where he was coming from, though I'm not sure he went about it the right way. I'm getting a town vibe from singersigner, which follows with my previous thoughts that Kov was town. Nexus is a neutral read to me.

I'm really not liking Earlder's play. He's to be lurking without contributing much (and I know that it's a bit of pot/kettle there, but I was V/LA, and he is not), and now is not the time to lurk.

Also,
Mr. Flay wrote:
singersigner wrote:@Flay...You seem to be awful keen about getting all the claims out there...
Huhwha?? I only was talking about Doc counterclaims, because I'm perfectly willing to trade scum 1-1. I DON'T want a Cop claim right now, unless they have a guilty.
Why should a cop claim now, regardless of whether or not they have a guilty? If there is a cop, we already have one PR exposed, and exposing another at this stage in the game could prove disastrous for town. The extra information of one guilty is, IMO, not worth exposing the cop at this point.

At this point, I'm still confident with my vote on Flay. I think that our most likely scumteam at this point is Flay/Earlder.

BTW, if there were/are any questions at me that still need to be addressed, if you wouldn't mind pointing them out, I'd appreciate it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by singersigner »

Mr. Flay wrote:Huhwha?? I only was talking about Doc counterclaims, because I'm perfectly willing to trade scum 1-1. I DON'T want a Cop claim right now, unless they have a guilty.
Sorry, I should clarify, I didn't mean I felt like he was trying to get "all" of the claims out...it just seemed odd that he would assume finding the real cop would be more beneficial. A possible Zajnet/Flay scum pair, if you will. If Zajnet was trying to buy himself time with a doc claim, or at least draw out a real doc claim, it would be more detrimental to town, and that's why it seemed peculiar to me that Flay would be so dead set on getting a counterclaim.

@jmurph...it's nice to hear your thoughts! :) at this point, I don't know if Flay is scum or not, but I think it's worth looking at his iso again. Beefster and Earlder seem scummier to me...
(Beefster because of his Zajnet reaction, and Earlder because of his lurking)

Nexus...I really don't know what to think of you. But believe me, that's not necessarily a good thing.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I was very busy today, but I'll read through tomro and post my thoughts.
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

jmurph3 wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Why should a cop claim now, regardless of whether or not they have a guilty? If there is a cop, we already have one PR exposed, and exposing another at this stage in the game could prove disastrous for town. The extra information of one guilty is, IMO, not worth exposing the cop at this point.
You're kidding, right? If a Cop were to claim today with a guilty, then we lynch their target. That leaves 1 scum, 1 dead Doc (assuming for the moment that Zajnet is telling the truth), 1 Confirmed (but possibly roleblocked) Cop, and 3 Townies on D3. Two more chances to catch the final Scum; very bad news, even if that first guilty didn't hit the Mafia RB.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

@singersigner *shrug* If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them.

As a side note, my activity may be somewhat limited this weekend. I'll be able to read, but not necessarily post (unless a lynch is looking likely, in which case I'll make time.)

v/LA until the 18th August from tomorrow
as it's my 21st birthday and my girlfriend is coming to visit.

Noted
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by singersigner »

Mr. Flay wrote:You're kidding, right? If a Cop were to claim today with a guilty, then we lynch their target. That leaves 1 scum, 1 dead Doc (assuming for the moment that Zajnet is telling the truth), 1 Confirmed (but possibly roleblocked) Cop, and 3 Townies on D3. Two more chances to catch the final Scum; very bad news, even if that first guilty didn't hit the Mafia RB.
I've been staring at this for a while now, and it may be because it's late, but I'm not sure what the second half of this is saying. I agree with the first half, though...but
only
if there's a confirmed guilty.

off-topic/ I didn't make the drumline, but was *this close* to making the cut on the 28 person line. *sigh* oh well, back to trombone for me. :)
Also, Happy Birthday, Nexus. :) /off-topic

I like tomatoes.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Probably because it left out a few words - "very bad news for scum" or "very good odds for town". It was 2AM, after Marathon Day... I was fried. :P
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Beefster »

*grumble grumble*

UNVOTE
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

singersigner wrote:Beefster and Earlder seem scummier to me...
(Beefster because of his Zajnet reaction, and Earlder because of his lurking)
Is Earlder1's lurking the only reason? Because that's pretty much what you were getting on me about, for Zajnet...
singersigner wrote:Sorry, I should clarify, I didn't mean I felt like he was trying to get "all" of the claims out...it just seemed odd that he would assume finding the real cop would be more beneficial. A possible Zajnet/Flay scum pair, if you will. If Zajnet was trying to buy himself time with a doc claim, or at least draw out a real doc claim, it would be more detrimental to town, and that's why it seemed peculiar to me that Flay would be so dead set on getting a counterclaim.
I don't get this part of your post, STILL. Who is "he" in the beginning of the post- you appear to be talking
to
me and
about
me at the same time.... unless "he" is Zajnet? I didn't feel like he was looking for a Cop, either.

I've slept, and it's still confusing, so I'm asking. Again; I know we've been on this topic for like a page and a half... more posting by other people, please!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:47 am

Post by singersigner »

Mr. Flay wrote:Is Earlder1's lurking the only reason? Because that's pretty much what you were getting on me about, for Zajnet...
Except I haven't placed a vote yet.
And yes, I muddled in the same post I was talking to you and about you at the same time, sorry! EBWOP, I meant real
Doc
. Man, I should really refrain from posting when I'm tired...
Also, your previous post I was confused about makes a lot more sense now, lol.

Since we've seemed to get distracted as of late, does everyone mind recapping why they've placed a vote on whoever they've placed a vote on? (this is mainly directed at jmurph, Zajnet, Flay), same goes for why people haven't voted yet.

My own thoughts:
As of right now, I haven't seen anything that particularly stands out to me as scumscumscumI'mscummyscumscum (more or less, in those exact words :P ). I feel as though Zajnet threw us a curveball with his claim, but it doesn't strike me as scummy...just...odd... Beefster surprised me with his jump on Zaj at the beginning of the day, but I
think
I'm safe to interpret those actions as pro-town. I can't get a good read on Nexus, but something in my gut tells me that he might've gotten off easy in D1... Earlder...needs to post more. I get a protown vibe from Jmurph, though I'll want to hear more of her case on Flay. Flay's probably the most peculiar read, since if he is scum, he's been actively scum-hunting...which to me is something scum typically 'write off' as something they don't need to do...but then that brings in a whole WIFOM argument that we don't need.

I'm trying to leave all of this gut/vibe/read stuff vague/ambiguous for a reason.

Right now, I'm gunna take a better look at who has and hasn't been as active, and why. Thoughts later.

I like tomatoes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Nexus »

This'll probaly be one of the last things I'll say before I go v/LA, but I unvoted to give Flay a chance to explain himself. I haven't put my vote back on because I haven't felt the need to yet.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Beefster »

Why haven't you felt the need? What's holding you back?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:19 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. I unexpectedly lost internet access at my apartment for awhile. But I'm back now, so expect a longer post sometime today/tonight.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Recap: I think Beefster thought he could get a doc claim lynched. Now he's dropped it without any further word, which only adds to my suspicion, frankly.

We're not lynching Zajnet today.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Beefster »

I was pressing him because I had trouble believing his claim. I dropped it because I felt we needed to refocus on scumhunting.
Get to know a meat boy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

OK. So, scumhunt. You've been nonexistent lately except for the Zajhate.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by CSL »

Zajnet has been prodded.

Too much time has passed since the last votecount. Updating...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by CSL »

The Rainstorms Vote Count

Beefster (2) Zajnet, Mr. Flay

Mr. Flay (1) jmurph3

Not Voting: Mr. Flay, Nexus, singersigner, Earlder1

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Zajnet has been prodded

Earlder1 is a few hours until his final prod (and now, updating these votecounts to this version, I realized I missed his V/LA!)

Nexus is V/LA until the 18th

Etc.

Sorry you didn't make it to the drumline, singer. Maybe next time? :)
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, since it's been suggested, I will just come out and do it. I don't think it hurts at this point, since we have only a week until deadline, and at the rate we're going, I feel like we're going to continue going around in circles. I didn't want to do this so early, and was hoping to make it into D3 without claiming, but I would rather lynch know scum today than risk a mislynch and ending up in LyLo.

I am going to claim: cop. I investigated Mr. Flay last night. That's how I know that he's guilty.

Here are my breadcrumbs:

:arrow: Firstly:
jmurph3 wrote:
I am
sorry I haven't posted lately, everyone; I had a very busy weekend.

@Earlder1: I have to agree with Nexus...why do you keep questioning us about our experiences? This will only clog up
the
thread and, IMO, not be helpful in scumhunting. This feels to me like a
cop
out so that you can pick up your prod without contributing anything to the discussion.
:arrow: In this post:
jmurph3 wrote:
I
'm concerned with the turn this day has taken.
A
ctually, I'm glad that discussion has come out, as that only helps town.
M
y worry that this game would never get off the ground has not come true, thankfully.
C
urrently, however, I'm worried that we're going to get a quicklynch on Nexus, who, at this point, I think will probably flip town.
O
h - and Nexus, you may want to claim.
P
ersonally, from the way you've been talking about it in your posts, I think you've already claimed townie at one point or other, though whether you were actually meaning to do that, or were just using town/townie interchangeably, I don't know.
:arrow: And regarding Mr. Flay:
jmurph3 wrote:
I
don't understand this.
I
guess I don't understand where you're coming from.
N
owhere has Flay stuck out as such a pro-town player that we risk things by investigating his play at this point.
V
oting for Haylen, at least to me, didn't seem like a bad thing at the time, but we have to remember that there's been added information now.
E
specially because of Flay's first content-filled post I feel like he was steering town in a direction, and truthfully, I fell for it.
S
till, it's not just the mislynch on Haylen that drives my vote.
T
here's the way I felt he was fishing for power roles.
I
also don't like the way he was tunneling (which he will probably deny).
G
ranted, we all kind of jumped at Haylen, but I feel like he was really the one who started it and carried it through to completion.
A
nd there's the fact that he never took his vote off of her.
T
here's just a lot of reasons why I really don't trust him at the moment and would like to hear an actual response from him instead of brushing off the case against him like it's strictly because of the Haylen mislynch.

E
ven with this, I don't disagree with continuing scumhunting.
D
2 has a long way to go still.
H
owever, I'm very wary of Mr. Flay at this point.
I
'm not sure if I will be able to get past this.
M
ost of all, I think it's key that we all keep posting (Zajnet, I'm looking at you - I really don't want a policy lynch on D2).
(In case you couldn't tell, it spells out "I investigated him").

So Mr. Flay is confirmed scum. I have a feeling, having read over the thread, that Earlder is his scumbuddy.

I hope I'm doing the right thing by claiming. This is my first time playing as cop, but as this point I don't think it will hurt town too much to have this information out there.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”